Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
102 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 102

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: MISERABLE OLD PARKING LADY IN DOWNTOWN NEWARK AVE!!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Definately one of those jobs that needs to have a use by date - Doing parking for a long time would make anyone miserable.

Posted on: 2013/2/7 7:03
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
I don't know, call me crazy, but what are the chances that she, or someone from the JCPA, reads this thread?

Doesn't your "miserable old parking lady" now know exactly who you are and your propensity for publicly ridiculing her for basically just doing her job?

Might've made you feel better, but this is Jersey City.

(You do get credit for feeding a block of meters - that at least was worthy of a bit of good karma.)

Posted on: 2013/2/7 1:55

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/1 20:29
Group:
Registered Users
The metered spaces in front of your business are best reserved for your customers.

Posted on: 2013/2/6 22:10

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/5 22:41
Group:
Registered Users
She once got me as I went to pick up laundry. The transaction was about 2 minutes and I checked for her first. She must've been hiding out in a local store.

Posted on: 2013/2/6 21:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SRhia wrote:
Sorry for the off topic, but I'm just curious: Is it worth getting a public job? I mean, it's probably lower pay than the private sector, but sounds like in the public job, one doesn't need to meet any standards (or even do any actual work), but is guaranteed the position, and a good pension?

Is it worth it?

Yes!!!! I live near the T zone in GV where 40% of the peeps are city workers who volunteer for politicians like Team (insert politician name here) religiously only to be rewarded some sort of city gig once he or she is elected.

Most of my neighbors are part-time city workers but with a starting salary around $16.75 a hour to do close to nothing and chances of getting fired close to none including medical benefits and pension is pretty damn sweet, especially if you have a full time private sector job on top of it.

I am actually considering volunteering this election season because I would love a part time gig at the Jersey City Redevelopment Agency :) its a gr8 gig for a property owners LOL

Posted on: 2013/2/6 19:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/5/9 22:13
Group:
Registered Users
Sorry for the off topic, but I'm just curious: Is it worth getting a public job? I mean, it's probably lower pay than the private sector, but sounds like in the public job, one doesn't need to meet any standards (or even do any actual work), but is guaranteed the position, and a good pension?

Is it worth it?

Posted on: 2013/2/6 19:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Good luck getting rid of a city employee, we had a guy who cleaned our park BS Park and he was just awful, he actually told me once, this area does not need to be cleaned tip top. this aint the burbs.

We called the city, the mayor etc, they were all sympathetic to what we were dealing with, at the end of the day, he was just transferred to Ward E parks but not fired.

City employees are usually lifers with no real interest in you are me. Just that paycheck and pension.

I agree with the other posters, lots of people try and park in two hour zones for eternity which is not allowed, follow the rules and no one gets ticketed.

Posted on: 2013/2/6 19:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcboyz wrote:
I absolutely can not stand the old hag parking authority officer who trolls Newark Ave in Downtown JC. She is about as unethical as they come needs to be put out to pasture ASAP!

Two examples of many!!

Today I pulled up to a parking meeter and as I was gathering quarters, my wife texted me. I began to text her back, next thing I know, I hear someone banging on my window. This was about 20 seconds after I pulled into the space. Of course it was that whacko, demanding that I put quarters in the meeter or she is going to write me a ticket. I basically told her she was a nut and needed to retire but still put the quarters in, which I would have done anyway in another 10 seconds.
Isn't this is borderline harassment??
2nd incident was yesterday when one of my employees actually watched her standing in front of his meeter while she waited for it to expire. That sick b_itch stood there for 5 minutes! We simply went out and put quarters in his meeter and any other meter on the block that was about to expire just so she could not get the satisfaction of screwing someone else over.
As a business owner and tax payer in Jersey City, what are my/our options to get rid of her once and for all?
Im sure many of you know exactly who I am speaking about.

I would have made out a police report. Also report her for not doing her job when she "just stood there for 5 minutes hanging around" Get names of her superiors, her name, her schedule and duties. Make an issue out of it !

Posted on: 2013/2/6 17:51
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/8/23 20:19
From York & Grove
Group:
Banned
I love the selective ticket writing as well. During street sweeping, I would get a ticket within seconds if I'm not there.

Yet my next door neighbor who knows her, she will wait for her a good 3-4 minutes, hitting the horn until she comes out of her apartment and moves the car -- every freaking day.

Posted on: 2013/2/6 17:34

MISERABLE OLD PARKING LADY IN DOWNTOWN NEWARK AVE!!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/7 17:35
Group:
Banned
I absolutely can not stand the old hag parking authority officer who trolls Newark Ave in Downtown JC. She is about as unethical as they come needs to be put out to pasture ASAP!

Two examples of many!!

Today I pulled up to a parking meeter and as I was gathering quarters, my wife texted me. I began to text her back, next thing I know, I hear someone banging on my window. This was about 20 seconds after I pulled into the space. Of course it was that whacko, demanding that I put quarters in the meeter or she is going to write me a ticket. I basically told her she was a nut and needed to retire but still put the quarters in, which I would have done anyway in another 10 seconds.
Isn't this is borderline harassment??

2nd incident was yesterday when one of my employees actually watched her standing in front of his meeter while she waited for it to expire. That sick b_itch stood there for 5 minutes! We simply went out and put quarters in his meeter and any other meter on the block that was about to expire just so she could not get the satisfaction of screwing someone else over.

As a business owner and tax payer in Jersey City, what are my/our options to get rid of her once and for all?

Im sure many of you know exactly who I am speaking about.

Posted on: 2013/2/6 17:21

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017