Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
122 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 122

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Club H vs. Brick Haus (gym)
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/6/9 2:33
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

corybraiterman wrote:
Neither of those are worth the money to me. Hopefully Retro opens up soon and the floor area isn't too small. I drive out with a friend to the North Arlington one, and it's f'n huge (16,500 sq ft). The old Against All Odds store they're building in is nowhere near as big, but hopefully it'll be big enough.

I agree. Club H and Brick House are way too expensive. I'll give those couple more years. They?ll eventually have to lower the prices or go out of business like many gyms before. We need a big, well priced gym with free clean towels and no sneaky contracts. What about those annual ?maintenance gym fees?? Don?t they get enough money? Is it even legal to charge those fees?

Posted on: 2013/1/17 6:39

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/15 4:14
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks everyone. I'll probably try Brick Haus after being with Club H for a year (I can't get past the black mold) and steam room being down so often. The best was a few weeks ago towels (at Club H) were only available at the front desk. Really? So I have to go all the way downstairs toget a towel? laaaaaame. I had a few email communications with the manager of Club H last year, about a week after I joined. The steam room was down for the entire week of Christmas (I was off that week and was pissed). He answered me after a week or so and gave me some bullshit about how it's hard to keep it maintained, especially during very cold weather. Wrong answer douch! I just paid close to a grand; guess how hard it is for me to earn a grand--douch (I think I just talked myself out of Club DOUCH hahaha).

Posted on: 2013/1/16 2:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
Neither of those are worth the money to me. Hopefully Retro opens up soon and the floor area isn't too small. I drive out with a friend to the North Arlington one, and it's f'n huge (16,500 sq ft). The old Against All Odds store they're building in is nowhere near as big, but hopefully it'll be big enough.

Posted on: 2013/1/16 2:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/7/1 17:12
Group:
Registered Users
I wish Hamilton Health and Fitness weren't so small and so expensive.

Posted on: 2013/1/16 2:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/12 19:35
From PH
Group:
Registered Users
brick haus is okay. i switched from a cheaper gym to brick haus because the cheaper gym was way too crowded, an issue that i have never had at brick haus and i always go at peak hours. i've always felt it was clean and the bootcamp and yoga instructors are awesome. i haven't felt that way about some of the other instructors, enough that i eventually quit going to those sessions (bummer). i would consider renewing there because i keep hearing that club H is worse, but i don't LOVE the place. i was pretty bent after i didn't renew IMMEDIATELY when my membership expired and the owner tried to get me to pay a hidden and somewhat large 'new member fee' with my renewal, even though all my information was still on file and he recognized me and asked where i'd been. lame. it gets the job done though.

Posted on: 2013/1/15 22:16

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/2/24 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
I was a member of Club H for 3 years. When I first joined it was a great gym, at least the one in Hoboken. The one is JC was always shady. I got my credit cards stolen out my wallet there! For what you are paying it is not worth it. I would go with Brick Haus!

Posted on: 2013/1/15 21:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/31 23:18
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

cousin wrote:
Brick Haus is a slightly better deal. Both are $899 annually, but Brick Haus gives you 13 months vs. Club H's 12 months (and that's if you can afford to pay upfront. The mold I spoke of is in the corners of the showers and on the ceilings. It's very obvioius. It's unfathomable to think no attempt has been made to clean it. I know what you mean about canceled classes; I don't think they have enough classes to begin with.

Yah, the thing I noticed is the cleanliness (who wants to wipe about someone else's pube from a bench before sitting down?) and even missing weight equipment components for some machines. I wish Club H would get it's act together again. I liked that place. But hell if someone's there to get a protein shake. I'll look in to Brick Haus and Hamilton.

Posted on: 2013/1/15 21:13

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/15 12:48
Group:
Registered Users
i was a member of Brick Haus. There are plenty of machines and I never had to wait. I have never used the showers so i cannot comment there. The classes are average. They have a schedule online, but it seems that it's less than Club H.
Anyways I now go to Hamilton Health and Fitness. It's a longer walk for me but I love it there. There are only 4-5 treadmills but I never have to wait either. Their showers are clean, fresh towels and pleasant staff. The main reason for me switching is because i wanted a gym with a pool.

Posted on: 2013/1/15 21:07

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Brick Haus is a slightly better deal. Both are $899 annually, but Brick Haus gives you 13 months vs. Club H's 12 months (and that's if you can afford to pay upfront. The mold I spoke of is in the corners of the showers and on the ceilings. It's very obvioius. It's unfathomable to think no attempt has been made to clean it. I know what you mean about canceled classes; I don't think they have enough classes to begin with.

Posted on: 2013/1/15 21:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/31 23:18
Group:
Registered Users
Asking the same questions myself. My membership is expiring late March and I don't feel like I'm getting what I pay for. Equipment not working, cleanliness issues, food area disappeared, scared to take a shower there now...it's no longer the upscale club it once was. My wife likes the yoga and the kidsitting but they don't always replace the teachers if they cancel and for her to get her butt to the gym, drop the kid off and then the class not be available is pissing her off. But where else is there?

Posted on: 2013/1/15 20:57

Club H vs. Brick Haus (gym)
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Anyone go to Brick Haus? How is it? I've been with Club H for a year and I am less than thrilled. Many of the cardio machines are poorly maintained, there's black mold in the men's showers (that's been there for the year I have), and the steam room is out of service more than it is in service. Any thoughts?

Posted on: 2013/1/15 20:41

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017