Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
109 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 109

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

BottomBottom  Previous Topic Previous Topic  Next Topic Next Topic   Register To PostTopic is Locked

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 ... 12 »

Re: Dan is still Dan
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/2 18:35
From Journal Square
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JPhurst wrote:
This was a federal investigation where the criminals were lured across the river so they could establish crossing of state lines. There is no need for Healy, Fulop, Levin, or Osborne to have any involvement in this.

The feds busted a dangerous child predator couple. That's a good thing. That JC pols were not part of the press release is not a matter of concern, and has nothing to do with this thread.

The whole idea that "Dan is still Dan" was pointless enough. The "discussion" about who didn't say what is even sillier.

Why haven't any of the candidates condemned the Pavonia massacre? Why has no one spoken out against the Black Tom sabotage? People might get the impression JC is a hotbed of genocide and internationsl terrorism, and that our civic leaders condone those things.

Posted on: 2013/3/22 16:00
Follow the yellow brick road.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/10 19:14
Group:
Registered Users
Getting back on topic......

Don't foget a vote for Dan does not mean you are voting for the ENTIRE Healy platform. In other words, you can vote Fulop for Mayor (the only sane selection) and vote Dan for Ward E. Really not all that hard to figure out.

The way I see it this is merely a smoke screen on Dan's part where he gets needed capaign funds and exposure in exchange for a few downtown know-it-alls hell-bent on smearing his good name and reputation. Not a bad trade really when their silly tactic only spreads a few blocks in this heavily diversified city.

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer and nothing more.

Remember folks, if Dan does get in he will distant himself from Healy faster than sh*t through a goose.

Posted on: 2013/3/22 15:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

JPhurst wrote:
This was a federal investigation where the criminals were lured across the river so they could establish crossing of state lines. There is no need for Healy, Fulop, Levin, or Osborne to have any involvement in this.

The feds busted a dangerous child predator couple. That's a good thing. That JC pols were not part of the press release is not a matter of concern, and has nothing to do with this thread.

Challenging Dan and Candice on why there was no reaction to DTJC being associated with child predators in regional news, I think is very pertinent to this thread.

If you are so concern about JC's reputation newsflash we also have teen prostitution on Ocean ave, & Tonnelle Avenue there is crack, heroin and PCP being sold on our streets near schools, there is gun violence 5 min from downtown on a daily basis I am more concern with these issues then some FBI sting. Lets get real! WTF is wrong with people here?

Perhaps because no-one responds when it makes the news?

Posted on: 2013/3/22 14:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

JPhurst wrote:

Challenging Dan and Candice on why there was no reaction to DTJC being associated with child predators in regional news, I think is very pertinent to this thread.

If you are so concern about JC's reputation newsflash we also have teen prostitution on Ocean ave, & Tonnelle Avenue there is crack, heroin and PCP being sold on our streets near schools, there is gun violence 5 min from downtown on a daily basis I am more concern with these issues then some FBI sting. Lets get real! WTF is wrong with people here?

Posted on: 2013/3/22 14:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JPhurst wrote:

Challenging Dan and Candice on why there was no reaction to DTJC being associated with child predators in regional news, I think is very pertinent to this thread. Dan, Candice? Do you think "head-in-the-sand" is the best response?

Posted on: 2013/3/22 14:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 0:04
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/3/22 13:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

r_pinkowitz wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

r_pinkowitz wrote:
D, I have no first hand knowledge of this, but I will take a stab at it. In cases like this that involves multi State crimes Federal crimes etc. the FBI is the lead agency and usually will only notify the local PD of the events that will take place. In most of the news reports they could not give a reason why these people were in Jersey City and this has been an ongoing investigation out of New York.

No dispute that the FBI have got to catch and put sick people like this away. Our JC pols and police need to assure us that our kids are safe, give a strong message to any potential predators that JC isn't a soft target, and limit the damage to JCs image caused by this press. Imo, both Team Healy and Team Fulop seem to have been asleep at the wheel on this one.

D. With all due respect I have to disagree and withhold any judgement until facts come out. As stated in the media, no one knows why the chose a Jersey City hotel to meet. The people live in Brooklyn and for now we aren't hearing that they had any ties to JC except for booking a hotel room on the waterfront. This story sends chills right to the bone. I don't see how Mayor Healy or Councilman Fulop could have prevented any of this. Let's wait until more facts come out before placing blame on anyone other then the people arrested. I do understand the outrage you have and knowing this scum was in out town even for a meeting in a hotel room is sickening .

How about simply reacting while the entire tri-state media was broadcasting the news every 10 mins from the downtown JC Hyatt? How about expressing this City's disgust and outrage, and determination to work with Federal, NY authorities, local schools and JC parents to ensure the current and ongoing safety of JC children from this kind of predator? I guess preparing for the mayoral debate was more important.

Posted on: 2013/3/22 13:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

r_pinkowitz wrote:
D, I have no first hand knowledge of this, but I will take a stab at it. In cases like this that involves multi State crimes Federal crimes etc. the FBI is the lead agency and usually will only notify the local PD of the events that will take place. In most of the news reports they could not give a reason why these people were in Jersey City and this has been an ongoing investigation out of New York.

No dispute that the FBI have got to catch and put sick people like this away. Our JC pols and police need to assure us that our kids are safe, give a strong message to any potential predators that JC isn't a soft target, and limit the damage to JCs image caused by this press. Imo, both Team Healy and Team Fulop seem to have been asleep at the wheel on this one.

D. With all due respect I have to disagree and withhold any judgement until facts come out. As stated in the media, no one knows why the chose a Jersey City hotel to meet. The people live in Brooklyn and for now we aren't hearing that they had any ties to JC except for booking a hotel room on the waterfront. This story sends chills right to the bone. I don't see how Mayor Healy or Councilman Fulop could have prevented any of this. Let's wait until more facts come out before placing blame on anyone other then the people arrested. I do understand the outrage you have and knowing this scum was in out town even for a meeting in a hotel room is sickening .

Posted on: 2013/3/22 10:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

r_pinkowitz wrote:

Posted on: 2013/3/22 6:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

CandiceOsborne wrote:
Quote:

JTaylor wrote:
Quote:

LimpiarElSucio wrote:
Dan, why do you affiliate with right wing homophobes? Why do you affiliate with a dirty ex-cop who sold drugs to jersey city's children? Whats up with that? Do you let these people around your kids?!

Posting anonymously about Dan's children is cowardly and reprehensible. Team Osborne has sunk to a new low.

I don't want to get into a back and forth with anonymous posters, but I believe this warrants a statement from me. I agree 100% that children should be off limits. While I understand that some people on JCList may agree or disagree with Dan's views (or my own), I do not condone bringing children into the conversation in this way.

I ask that Team Fulop/Osborne supporters, Team Healy/Levin supporters & Team Fletch supporters keep it to the grownups.

Candice

On a similar topic, can you or Dan or someone from JC explain why all of JC, and downtown in particular, has been made to look both clueless and sleezy in the recent use of the Hyatt by the feds in their bust of the couple from Brooklyn? Why, for example, wasn't the JCPD in on the arrests?

Posted on: 2013/3/22 1:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CandiceOsborne wrote:
Quote:

JTaylor wrote:
Quote:

LimpiarElSucio wrote:
Dan, why do you affiliate with right wing homophobes? Why do you affiliate with a dirty ex-cop who sold drugs to jersey city's children? Whats up with that? Do you let these people around your kids?!

Posting anonymously about Dan's children is cowardly and reprehensible. Team Osborne has sunk to a new low.

I don't want to get into a back and forth with anonymous posters, but I believe this warrants a statement from me. I agree 100% that children should be off limits. While I understand that some people on JCList may agree or disagree with Dan's views (or my own), I do not condone bringing children into the conversation in this way.

I ask that Team Fulop/Osborne supporters, Team Healy/Levin supporters & Team Fletch supporters keep it to the grownups.

Candice

On a similar topic, can you or Dan or someone from JC explain why all of JC, and downtown in particular, has been made to look both clueless and sleezy in the recent use of the Hyatt by the feds in their bust of the couple from Brooklyn? Why, for example, wasn't the JCPD in on the arrests?

Posted on: 2013/3/22 1:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CandiceOsborne wrote:
Quote:

JTaylor wrote:
Quote:

LimpiarElSucio wrote:

Candice

Candice, On behalf of many of us that are so turned off by these types of personal attack posts.....THANK YOU! Neither you or Dan deserve it.

Posted on: 2013/3/21 21:40

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/3/13 14:11
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JTaylor wrote:
Quote:

LimpiarElSucio wrote:

Candice

Posted on: 2013/3/21 16:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
He voted to approve the artist's district. But he ultimately settled the litigation that led to the demise of 111 First.

Posted on: 2013/3/21 15:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JTaylor wrote:
Quote:

LimpiarElSucio wrote:

April, NOBODY has sunk lower than Dan Levin. In downtown we now have our own Benedict Arnold... Dan Levin. This guy is a traitor to the progressive political movement in Jersey City.

Is Dan willing to take a pledge that he or his wife will not take a city or county job after the election? Is that what this is all about? I truly hope I'm wrong.

Posted on: 2013/3/21 15:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/5/8 0:52
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
what was Healy's position on 111 First Street? Last I saw he was doing a ribbon cutting ceremony at the lot where the artist's housing had been...

Posted on: 2013/3/21 15:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Thank you JPHurst for explaining to someone that doesnt live in harsimus cove who the letter writers are.

Posted on: 2013/3/21 15:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

LimpiarElSucio wrote:
Who?

Charles and Annie Kessler. They have been members and officers of the Harsimus Cove Association for years, and were instrumental in requiring the developer of Grove Pointe to improve the PATH plaza. Both of them were board members and officers of the Jersey City Landmarks Conservancy in the past. They also were actively involved in Proarts, the group that fought for the artists downtown, especially at 111 First Street.

They are long time residents who have done a lot of good for downtown Jersey City. And they are definitely not shills for the mayor.

Posted on: 2013/3/21 15:08

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/14 1:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

LimpiarElSucio wrote:

Posted on: 2013/3/21 14:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/3/21 0:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Who?

Posted on: 2013/3/21 0:42

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

OneJC wrote:
http://onejerseycity.org/?p=1672

Levin is more than any ticket

Some friends have asked us if we still support Daniel Levin for the Ward E City Council position, now that he has chosen to run on Mayor Healy?s ticket. The answer is an emphatic yes. In fact, before joining the ticket, Daniel asked our opinion and the opinion of other people who had supported him in the past. We encouraged him to go for it.

We?ve known Daniel for many years as an activist in our neighborhood, and we?re confident he will remain an independent, strong voice for good government in Jersey City no matter who wins the mayoral election.

In issues such as the Grove Plaza, the Embankment, PAD, and the 9/11 memorial, Daniel has always stood firmly on the side of the people, and he doesn?t give up. We believe he would be an excellent addition to the City Council.

Charles and Annie Kessler
Jersey City

Its hard to overestimate the positive impact that Charles & Annie Kessler have had on downtown Jersey City.

Posted on: 2013/3/20 22:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
+100

Quote:

Althea wrote:
Actually the parts of the sewer system that are damaged are being fixed and we don't have to wait generations. While I agree that storm water retention is important, the lack of overall planning as far as new developments surrounding older housing stock thereby creating a bathtub effect is of even more concern.

You are on the inside now Dan. You are at the table and you therefore have the ability to make a real impact by demanding to know what the plan is to protect the existing homes rather than allow for these huge foundations to be built on top of mini hills that will divert water around them and only collect storm run off for their "stand alone" buildings.

Clearly the fact that the administration has had many meetings with developers to push their projects (new ratables) forward and none for the public must cause you great alarm and is surely something you can change right now.

Councilman Fulop and I started the pressure 18 months ago to help alleviate flooding to the Van Vorst Park and Paulus Hook area and these fixes are the only thing that the administration has to hang their hat on and will come nearly 2 years after Irene.

Exactly when do you stop with the lines "it will take generations" and everything is crumbling and actually start doing, instead of telling people what they can do to help the City that is not doing their job? The people of downtown deserve a candidate that is going to start fixing the situation and not just hand out a brochure telling them what they should be doing because they won't see relief in their life time.

Quote:

OneJC wrote:
http://onejerseycity.com/?p=170

Water ? A Plan to Minimize Impacts of Stormwater

Our aged sewer system is inadequate and crumbling, resulting in flooding and sewer backups. Breaches create underground streams that force water through building foundations.

Fixing the system will likely take generations. A long-term capital plan must be created to plan repairs and upgrades. Steps can be taken now, however, to minimize the impact of stormwater on our sewer system during periods of heavy rain.

?Water ? A Plan to Minimize the Impacts of Stormwater? is a plan that focuses on slowing stormwater runoff from entering the sewer system during storm conditions. The plan recommends:

Creation of a Municipal Utilities Authority Master Plan for infrastructure improvements:

-Increased use of High Level Storm Sewers (HLSS)

-Maximum use of green space

-Low-impact development

-Green parking lots, streets, and highways

-Green roofs for new tax-abated development

-Rain Gardens

-Larger tree pits

The plan may be viewed at: Water ? A Plan to Minimize Impacts of Stormwater ? Click to Open PDF

November 17th, 2008 | Category: Environment, Health and Pollution

Posted on: 2013/3/20 13:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/23 17:09
Group:
Registered Users
Actually the parts of the sewer system that are damaged are being fixed and we don't have to wait generations. While I agree that storm water retention is important, the lack of overall planning as far as new developments surrounding older housing stock thereby creating a bathtub effect is of even more concern.

You are on the inside now Dan. You are at the table and you therefore have the ability to make a real impact by demanding to know what the plan is to protect the existing homes rather than allow for these huge foundations to be built on top of mini hills that will divert water around them and only collect storm run off for their "stand alone" buildings.

Clearly the fact that the administration has had many meetings with developers to push their projects (new ratables) forward and none for the public must cause you great alarm and is surely something you can change right now.

Councilman Fulop and I started the pressure 18 months ago to help alleviate flooding to the Van Vorst Park and Paulus Hook area and these fixes are the only thing that the administration has to hang their hat on and will come nearly 2 years after Irene.

Exactly when do you stop with the lines "it will take generations" and everything is crumbling and actually start doing, instead of telling people what they can do to help the City that is not doing their job? The people of downtown deserve a candidate that is going to start fixing the situation and not just hand out a brochure telling them what they should be doing because they won't see relief in their life time.

Quote:

OneJC wrote:

Our aged sewer system is inadequate and crumbling, resulting in flooding and sewer backups. Breaches create underground streams that force water through building foundations.

Fixing the system will likely take generations. A long-term capital plan must be created to plan repairs and upgrades. Steps can be taken now, however, to minimize the impact of stormwater on our sewer system during periods of heavy rain.

?Water ? A Plan to Minimize the Impacts of Stormwater? is a plan that focuses on slowing stormwater runoff from entering the sewer system during storm conditions. The plan recommends:

Creation of a Municipal Utilities Authority Master Plan for infrastructure improvements:

-Low-impact development

-Rain Gardens

-Larger tree pits

The plan may be viewed at: Water ? A Plan to Minimize Impacts of Stormwater ? Click to Open PDF

Posted on: 2013/3/20 11:51
soshin: Mention guns and bd pops up through a hole in the ground like a heavily armed meercat

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/19 0:53
Group:
Registered Users
I see by the luck of the Ballot draw in the reporter That Dan has been placed along side Healy and Candice is along side Fulop.
That's the only ward that wound up that way.
The Healy Levin signs are sure to follow.

Posted on: 2013/3/20 2:04

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/16 21:05
Group:
Registered Users

-Low-impact development

-Rain Gardens

-Larger tree pits

Posted on: 2013/3/19 11:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/7/1 17:12
Group:
Registered Users
A seat on the City Council is not some kind of prize for past accomplishments. It should go to the candidate who best demonstrates intelligence, hard work, effectiveness and integrity. Dan's endorsement of Healy calls his integrity into question. Even if Healy wins, Dan would have no allies on the council.

I know Candice and she demonstrates the qualities I listed above. Just as importantly, she will work closely with the Mayor if Fulop wins and stand firmly for reform if Healy wins.

Posted on: 2013/3/15 21:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JTaylor wrote:
Mighty Oz,
Most people I know- Dan included, did Sandy relief. Only Team Osborne has used it as a campaign photo op. Hurricanes are not the only issue currently facing Ward E residents. Does Ms Osborne have any other qualifications to replace Steve Fulop as Ward E Councilperson?

April, the only politician in Jersey City that used Sandy as a photo-op is the top of Dan's ticket, Jerramiah Healy.

Posted on: 2013/3/15 20:26

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JTaylor wrote:
Quote:

MightyOz wrote:
I guess Dan is still Dan. He says he wants a different kind of politics. But then...

He hooks up with Healy and all the crud that brings along with it.

He posts vague wonkfests and refuses to answer questions about them.

His friends go out to attack Dan's opponents but they can't get their story straight. Candice is a rank newbie with no experience - or a seasoned political operative.

In their view she can't be exactly what Dan has claimed he is: a concerned citizen who got involved in politics because of the mess they saw and the way good government could help people.

The hypocrisy reeks of a desperate grasping for straws. Move on and make the case about how Dan has the ability to do the job.

Mighty Oz,
Dan Levin is the only candidate running in Ward E who will not be a rubber stamp for either Mayoral candidate. Since you bring up qualifications, can you explain what Ms. Osborne's are other than agreeing with Team Fulop?

Mighty Oz,
Most people I know- Dan included, did Sandy relief. Only Team Osborne has used it as a campaign photo op. Hurricanes are not the only issue currently facing Ward E residents. Does Ms Osborne have any other qualifications to replace Steve Fulop as Ward E Councilperson?

Posted on: 2013/3/15 20:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Althea wrote:
The fact that Candice knows about, is concerned about, and is ACTUALLY working to alleviate the flooding issue in the worst part of downtown is kind of a big one for me.

HUGE actually.

Her leadership skills and non-stop efforts in the aftermath of Sandy - HUGE.

Candice is able to understand what is critical and hit the ground running. This is why I endorse Candice.

Bikes are nice, but not if you have nowhere to live.

The way that Candice organized people to help their neighbors after Sandy is astounding...in a good way. The way that Dan did a 180 on everything he stood for is astounding...in a bad way. I'm confident that she'll do great things on the council!

Posted on: 2013/3/15 19:53

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 ... 12 »

Register To PostTopic is Locked

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017