Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
113 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 113

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

BottomBottom  Previous Topic Previous Topic  Next Topic Next Topic   Register To PostTopic is Locked

« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8) 9 10 11 12 »

Re: Dan is still Dan
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/5/8 0:52
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
I can fairly succinctly explain why I will not be voting for Dan Levin in this election (I previously voted for Dan when he ran for Mayor and for at-large)...

I understand the argument that Dan joined Healy's ticket because he believed he needed to be on a ticket to win; and to be honest, if Dan hadn't previously claimed to have been so vehemently anti-Healy for years then I would consider him more seriously (although I still believe that Candice is more "hands on, get the job done" and she would likely still be my candidate). That said, Dan has stated several times that he believes that by working with the Mayor he can get more accomplished than working against him. That sounds like a great explanation however there are a few things that I just cant look past...

1. I sat in the front row for the 2nd readings of the pay-to-play ordinances and listened to Dan walk up to the dais and lie. I listened to Dan claim to represent CivicJC and say that the Healy proposed ordinance was the better, stricter, ordinance and that Fulop's didnt address the issues regarding pay-to-play or wheeling. Its one thing to say you are going to work with the Mayor to get things done, but that does not mean you have to loosen your morals to do so. Lying in order to support Healy was not required; you could have simply stated your problems with Steve's bill without mentioning Healy's weak ordinance - that would of given the leader of your ticket support without requiring you to compromise integrity - however, you chose to show your true ethics.

2. Steve didn't beg you to be on his ticket... that doesn't mean you couldn't have waited a few weeks/months for someone like Walker to announce his candidacy and lobbied to join his ticket. The second the chance came up to be with Healy, you took it. Whats done is done, you've shown your true colors. The one thing I can respect about you is that at least you've stood your ground with him and didnt start to cry or flip flop, you've shown you are a man...

3. I don't mean to make this personal, but every time I've seen you speak to an issue, or spoken with you, you've acted as if you are 100% correct on every point brought up even when you were undoubtedly wrong. I believe the mark of an intelligent man is that he knows what he does not know... when I've spoken with Candice, she doesn't have that air, she is willing to listen to what I'm saying and consider my opinion, she doesn't immediately have a retort as to why her personal opinion is better than her future constituents. One of Steve's great attributes is that he is always available to residents and willing to help. When I was reading through the released emails I read a few where a woman in the heights was complaining about litter. Steve didn't take a Healy approach (claim that statistics say litter is down), he worked to help get the litter problem corrected. I believe Candice would take the same approach. But I am confident that you would tell me her that the problem isn't downtown so you can't help her, maybe throw in a comment about how litter is not one of the big problems of Jersey City and how its more important we put in bike lanes through parts of town where nobody that isn't from that neighborhood should ride rather than improve the neighborhood first.

I could write a lot more and expand on those points further but I think I've conveyed the message thoroughly enough. I'm happy to hear a rebuttal but I hope you keep personal remarks about Candice to yourself (ie. dont claim she isnt qualified when she clearly is).

Posted on: 2013/2/28 13:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/8 15:08
Group:
Registered Users
This thread has the most appropriate title I've seen. "Dan is still Dan." Yes he is... clueless then, clueless now.

Posted on: 2013/2/28 13:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

thor800 wrote:
Steve's swimming across the Hudson was self-centered ? Didn't he raise money for charity ? Pretty selfish thing to do in Feb in the icy waters. Healy would sink like a rock.

Shouldn't someone filled with that much alcohol & hot air bobble on the surface being carried out to sea?

Posted on: 2013/2/28 13:08

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/19 0:53
Group:
Registered Users
Here is the funny part.Dan don't know that Healy inner circle are behind another independent candidate who will file before the march 11th deadline.
They are just using Dan to lower Fulops vote totals and be the attack dog while getting the sheep to vote for someone else.

Posted on: 2013/2/28 5:59

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/8/10 19:04
Group:
Registered Users
What did it for me was Dan defends Healy now after all this time. At least not comment at all about Healy.

Posted on: 2013/2/28 5:32

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/4/22 14:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JTaylor wrote:
If Dan can't help you surely Candice can?

For those of us who took a hit from Hurricane Sandy, Candice already has.

Posted on: 2013/2/28 4:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Sorry - I don't think we've been introduced. People don't usually address me by my first name when I don't know who I'm speaking with.

Posted on: 2013/2/28 3:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Im really curious as to what experience he has? Has he ever served on another city council?

Posted on: 2013/2/28 3:37

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/14 1:51
Group:
Registered Users
Levin is the only qualified candidate running in Ward E. Sorry John, that's how it is.

Posted on: 2013/2/28 3:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
You're kinda late to the party there, JT. Your boy Newman already made a point to identify me. Bill Matsikoudis = crazyforJC.

Posted on: 2013/2/28 3:25

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Don't know who that poster is John, are yours ready to go public?

Posted on: 2013/2/28 3:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JTaylor wrote:
Thor, if you live in JC, respectfully this thread is about Dan Levin for Ward E City Council - not about aquaman.

Really? We didn't hear a peep out of you when Bill Matsikoudis was posting the bile about arrest reports and Fulop the past couple days. You certainly weren't whining about topic deviation then.

Posted on: 2013/2/28 3:16

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Thor, if you live in JC, respectfully this thread is about Dan Levin for Ward E City Council - not about aquaman.
Quote:

thor800 wrote:
Steve's swimming across the Hudson was self-centered ? Didn't he raise money for charity ? Pretty selfish thing to do in Feb in the icy waters. Healy would sink like a rock.

Posted on: 2013/2/28 3:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/9/4 14:31
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/2/28 3:04

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
You seem bitter Plain Slice. Why not just tell the world about your tragic injustice? If Dan can't help you surely Candice can?
Quote:

PlainSlice wrote:
Quote:
JTaylor wrote:
Ward E council candidate Dan Levin is always available to talk with or meet with Ward E residents and businesses about his plan for moving Ward E forward, or to help with addressing Downtown constituent needs.

Isn't that precious!

Dan is so unlike a traditional politician that he wants potential voters to come to him!

That's pretty courageous. A lot of folks with a "plan for moving Ward E forward," wouldn't rely on Ward E beating a path to their door, but would present their plan any time and any place they had a chance.

A lot of folks who wanted to "help with addressing Downtown constituent needs" wouldn't hang out their shingle proclaiming "The Doctor Is In" and wait for needs to come to them. Instead they would be would be out finding problems, finding people in need, and helping them right where the problem is.

Sounds kinda like what those crazy upstart Sandy Recovery people did. It's a real pity none of them want to step up to help move Ward E forward...

Posted on: 2013/2/28 2:48

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/18 17:32
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
JTaylor wrote:
Ward E council candidate Dan Levin is always available to talk with or meet with Ward E residents and businesses about his plan for moving Ward E forward, or to help with addressing Downtown constituent needs.

Isn't that precious!

Dan is so unlike a traditional politician that he wants potential voters to come to him!

That's pretty courageous. A lot of folks with a "plan for moving Ward E forward," wouldn't rely on Ward E beating a path to their door, but would present their plan any time and any place they had a chance.

A lot of folks who wanted to "help with addressing Downtown constituent needs" wouldn't hang out their shingle proclaiming "The Doctor Is In" and wait for needs to come to them. Instead they would be would be out finding problems, finding people in need, and helping them right where the problem is.

Sounds kinda like what those crazy upstart Sandy Recovery people did. It's a real pity none of them want to step up to help move Ward E forward...

Posted on: 2013/2/28 2:28

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Dan can be reached at 201-364-1730 and danlevin@onejerseycity.org

Posted on: 2013/2/28 2:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JPhurst wrote:

...He has been involved with the... Jersey City Landmarks Conservancy...

Isn't Dan's runningmate the guy responsible for allowing Toll Brothers to destroy A&P and Manishevitz? I would feel terribly conflicted to run alongside a guy that destroys (with zeal) what I attempted to accomplish...

Posted on: 2013/2/27 19:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/5/12 21:59
From Harsuimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
I'm not even sure Dan has been certified to run yet. His people have rang my bell twice in the last two weeks asking me to sign his paperwork. I've refused both times.

It's sad since I've voted for him in the past (both for mayor and city council).

And just for full disclosure, I know Candice. We were neighbors at one time. She is a pretty impressive person.

She was out organizing for others during Sandy while the basements in her complex were underwater and she personally didn't have power. I thinks she damn well should tout those values.

Posted on: 2013/2/27 15:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JPhurst wrote:
Quote:

PlainSlice wrote:
Or the Dan Levin ad which tells how he... what exactly has he done again?

He has been involved with the Harsimus Cove Association, Jersey City Landmarks Conservancy, Civic JC and Bike JC and deserves credit for all of those organization's accomplishments. The one closest to me is the Landmarks Conservancy, because I served on the board and as President for 3 years. Dan's contributions were invaluable.

I can understand criticizing Dan for running with Healy. I can't understand pretending that the man has not had significant positive involvement in Jersey City affairs.

If Dan is still Dan, then I guess I never knew Dan Levin. The Dan that I know and respected would never work to re-elect Healy. Any informed and reasonable Jersey City resident (even you, crazyforjc) knows that Healy was up to his elbows in corruption. Operation Bid Rig provided tangible evidence. Healy is still the same person now as he was then, despite the efforts to repair his image.

Dan has been active in the community for years, and has accomplished some great things. I've heard that he's thinking about separating from the Healy ticket. If and only if Dan dumps Healy, then Dan is still Dan.

Posted on: 2013/2/27 15:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 0:04
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

PlainSlice wrote:
Or the Dan Levin ad which tells how he... what exactly has he done again?

He has been involved with the Harsimus Cove Association, Jersey City Landmarks Conservancy, Civic JC and Bike JC and deserves credit for all of those organization's accomplishments. The one closest to me is the Landmarks Conservancy, because I served on the board and as President for 3 years. Dan's contributions were invaluable.

I can understand criticizing Dan for running with Healy. I can't understand pretending that the man has not had significant positive involvement in Jersey City affairs.

Posted on: 2013/2/27 14:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

crazyforjc wrote:
Steve didn't mention how in 2007. Or 8 william cortez, a campaign worker for fulops team, gave information related to voter fraud involving the 2005 election. While no one was charged in that plot that I know of, the remainder of the information he gave was confirned to be connected to a major identity theft ring run by eastern europeans out of nyc, and nj.

Woukd have added intrigue fir the commercial

You have yet to prove you have anything other than a name mentioned on a police report that not only doesn't connect any dots but raises the question of how it came to be in the hands of & made very public by the same person who was handing out those portraits of Healy in front of Metro Pathmark.

Posted on: 2013/2/27 13:42

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/28 0:17
Group:
Registered Users
The aptly named crazy denies that he's Healy's lawyer. But he sure sounds like Healy's lawyer...

Funny how he keeps mentioning discredited crap from a decade ago, falsely implying that "someone"(unnamed, unknown, and likely imaginary) from Fulop's first campaign paid a ridiculous price to buy about 8 votes in a dangerous, easily discovered manner.

Yet crazy never seems to mention the proven crap from four years ago, where multiple members of Team Healy went to jail for peddliing their offices. And the only thing unproven about that scandal is Jerry's involvement. Sure they've got him on video talking about the money. Sure they put his campaign treasurer in jail for taking the money. But they've got a defense. "Jerry didn't know nothing."

Right.

Since this thread is allegedly about Dan being Dan, let's get Mr. Levin's take on his running mate.

1. Dan, what do you think of Healy using your campaign's money to hire bloggers to peddle this slime?

2. Dan, when did you stop knowing that Healy was a crook, and discover that Honest Jerry has been doing a great job all along?

Waiting for the slime gods to deflect again...

Posted on: 2013/2/27 13:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Gotta hand it to you though, Bill - you are an early riser: working the Phoney thing over at NJ.com and posting here first thing. Impressive. I'm sure its just conscientiousness on your part so that you aren't engaged in political activities during the work day. Important corporation counsel work always comes first, right?

Posted on: 2013/2/27 13:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

crazyforjc wrote:
Steve didn't mention how in 2007. Or 8 william cortez, a campaign worker for fulops team, gave information related to voter fraud involving the 2005 election. While no one was charged in that plot that I know of, the remainder of the information he gave was confirned to be connected to a major identity theft ring run by eastern europeans out of nyc, and nj.

Since the webmaster has become very permissive lately with regard to allowing conversations to veer wildly away from topic, I'll repost what I posted in the "debates" thread when you tried to peddle your lies over there...

See Bill (crazy), here's the thing - anyone can file a police report. The police did write the guy's story down. A phone call or two later they realized there was no there there and that was the end of it.

People don't engage in elaborate international processes to create IDs for voting. They do it to steal money via fake credit cards, which is what the man went to jail for. Why did he implicate Fulop? The man had worked on Fulop's 2005 campaign and demanded a city job afterward that he didn't get. But you know that already - all your digging to try to make this into something has ended at the same dead end I just laid out.

In fact, Bill - let's take it a step further: who filled out the police report? The JCPD. More specifically, Jerry Healy's JCPD. If there were truth to this story, I imagine a lot more would have been done to follow up on it and seek prosecution. You are telling me that if this story had an ounce of credibility that it would be "broken" via innuendo on JCList? If there was even a shred of fact, wouldn't this be a front-page Jersey Journal story - the way yesterday's front page story was about your boss shaking down city employees for campaign contributions? The papers love those kind of stories. You should definitely go tell them about the fake IDs. They'll run that story for a week straight, if its true.

As with the other crap you and yours continue to throw against the wall in search of even the slightest adhesion, you take one isolated item and weave an entire story around it that has no relationship to actual events - it's usually rooted in innuendo and misinformation. So why don't people give the same credence to your story as they do to FBI surveillance tapes where your boss acknowledges that he is taking bribes to hasten approvals for a redeveloper? Should be pretty obvious.

Posted on: 2013/2/27 13:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
I'm sure team healy is already producing that commercial in their quest to demotivize the electorate. They do a real service to this city and country. Back in the day, political machines used to wave flags and sing patriotic songs... Healy's machine seems to be more focused on destroying patriotism and the fabric of american democracy than improving our city. I wonder if what Team Healy is doing counts as sedition? It does in my book.

Posted on: 2013/2/27 13:15

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/7/6 21:59
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2013/2/27 11:53

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/18 17:32
Group:
Registered Users
I'm detecting a pattern here. Jerramiah Healy's lack of accomplishment causes his backers and spokespeople to gripe when other people reference their own real accomplishments.

Quote:
JTaylor wrote:
www.candiceosborne.com is an attractive website, but its tacky of her campaign to use volunteer hurricane relief efforts downtown as a photo op for a political campaign.

Candice Osborne helped start the biggest grassroots Sandy recovery effort in New Jersey. And now Dan's fans can't stand the fact that she stepped up in a big way. They want you to believe her heroism is somehow a character flaw.

Quote:
UPDATE: 6:30 p.m. -- Healy campaign spokesman Joshua Henne slammed Fulop's swimming ad as self-centered in a statement released Tuesday evening.

After 9/11 Steve Fulop quit his job on Wall Street to serve his country in the Marine Corps. After a deployment in Iraq, he returned to serve his community as an elected representative. I'm sure Healy would prefer to run against a sleazeball. I'm sure Healy would prefer to run against the phony stories he tells about Fulop. But what does it say about you, Mr. Mayor, that your official spokesman can't help foaming at the mouth when Fulop tells his real story?

I can't wait for the Jerry Healy ad which tells how he fought on the shores of Bradley Beach (all the more impressive since he had been hit by multiple beers). Or the Dan Levin ad which tells how he... what exactly has he done again?

Posted on: 2013/2/27 6:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/5/12 21:59
From Harsuimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JTaylor wrote:
www.candiceosborne.com is an attractive website, but its tacky of her campaign to use volunteer hurricane relief efforts downtown as a photo op for a political campaign.

Why?

Posted on: 2013/2/27 4:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JSleeze wrote:
Probably seems that way to you, JT since your guy was kinda MIA during the post Sandy period - other than posting stuff online. Like it or not, Candice, along with the other founders of JC Sandy Relief, were recognized by a lot of outside organizations for the outstanding work they did.

So, really - it's kind of tacky of you to take exception to the selfless work she and others did to help people in true need.

Mia?! Im sure danl was holding down the fort in south orange while we were helping out our neighbors in jc...

Posted on: 2013/2/27 3:23

« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8) 9 10 11 12 »

Register To PostTopic is Locked

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017