Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
110 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 110

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: JP Morgan Chase executive tapped by Jersey City mayor for Ward C City Council race
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/15 4:14
Group:
Registered Users
Good point. I guess I am so jaded; I have no confidence in Wall Street. I am convinced most are crooks without masks.

Posted on: 2012/12/24 15:50

Re: JP Morgan Chase executive tapped by Jersey City mayor for Ward C City Council race
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Didn't Fulop work for Citibank? If you are judging Janet's Chase connection, shouldn't you ask first what she does for the bank, rather than implicating her in everything bad reported about the bank?

I'm all for dissing Healy candidates, but let's be fair about it.

Posted on: 2012/12/24 6:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

val7101 wrote:
Why anyone would vote for any of the "clowns" on the Healy ticket is beyond me.

There are lots of people with no-show jobs that work for the city. Say you are the head of the "Jersey City Peruvian Association" (nothing against Peru.. just making an example here). Your cousin gets a job as "assistant park commissioner" that pays something like $200 a month. However, it gives your cousin access to city paid healthcare.

Now if you don't deliver the Peruvian vote for the machine, your cousin loses his benefits.

This is repeated over and over again until you get about 20% to 25% of the voting population wedded to the machine. They come out in force every election to guarantee their benefits. Given the low turnouts in muni elections, these "zombies" keep putting the same people back into power again and again.

Posted on: 2012/12/24 0:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/20 13:22
Group:
Registered Users
Why anyone would vote for any of the "clowns" on the Healy ticket is beyond me. I am not voting for any Healy sponsored candidate or any incumbent. How many people from the same administration have to be arrested before people stop voting for the same crooks?
As for the Chase candidate? You've got to be kidding. Voting for someone from the country's leader in predatory lending? Seriously? It makes sense she's on the Healy ticket - another clown for the clown car.

Posted on: 2012/12/23 22:10

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Case and point. Over 400 people read this post and look how many posts. Americans have their priorites, I just can't understand what they but I know perfectly well what they are NOT.

Posted on: 2012/12/23 16:00

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Sorry about the typos; I wrote that at 6AM.

Posted on: 2012/12/21 2:40

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
No, but Chase is a criminal entity who knowoingly engages in criminal activity such as fraid, money laundering, and gambling against the very people who pay them to represent them. They do business with known terrorists and drug cartels. Their CEO Jamie Dimond is constantly in court trying to defedn their criminal actions. The reason you (and most people) don't know about this is because the mainstream media downplays it. The same is true of Wells Fargo, Bank of America, and HSBC. Open your eyes people. It's not the school teachers asking for a 2% raise we need to worry about. America is screwed.

Posted on: 2012/12/20 22:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Who is Janet Chevers? Anyone ever hear of her?

The way people vote here it really does not matter.
You pull the voting machine lever for the candidate you like and vote in all the clowns on their tickets.

This explain all the useless council people sitting in city hall.

Posted on: 2012/12/20 21:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/6/18 15:56
Group:
Registered Users
Who is Janet Chevers? Anyone ever hear of her?

Posted on: 2012/12/20 20:11

JP Morgan Chase executive tapped by Jersey City mayor for Ward C City Council race
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
By Terrence T. McDonald/The Jersey Journal
on December 20, 2012 at 9:58 AM, updated December 20, 2012 at 10:03 AM
JJ

Mayor Jerramiah Healy, who was first elected mayor in a special election in November 2004 following Mayor Glenn Cunningham's death. Heay is seeking his third full term.

Jersey City Mayor Jerramiah Healy's re-election team today announced it is running a JP Morgan executive on its slate to become the next Ward C rep on the City Council.
Janet Chevres is a JP Morgan Chase executive and former PTO president at School 7. Chevres has played a role in the Boys & Girls Club of Jersey City, the Puerto Rican Association Organization (PACO), Friends of Liberty State Park and more, according to a statement from Healy's campaign.

?After a century of no new municipal parks, now there are five new parks in different stages of development throughout Jersey City. I look forward to being a part of the Healy Team to keeping the progress going,? said Chevres in the statement.

Ward C encompasses Journal Square. Its current council rep, Nidia Lopez, has said she hasn't decided whether she plans to seek re-election.

Chevres is the fifth running mate chosen by Healy, who is gunning for a third term in next May's city election. Councilman at large Peter Brennan is running for re-election, while former Healy aide Omar Perez is running for his first term as an at-large councilman. Former schools superintendent Charles T. Epps Jr. is running in Ward A and community activist Den Levin in Ward E.

?In putting together a council team that reflects our city?s tremendous diversity, I?m continuing to look for those who share my same motivation for both running for office and for governing ? namely, always doing what?s best for the families, taxpayers and small businesses of Jersey City,? said Healy. ?Janet Chevres fits this bill - because we share the same values of always putting Jersey City first.?

A Healy source said Chevres was recommended by Hudson County Freeholder Chair Eliu Rivera, the founder of PACO.

The city election is set for May 14, 2013. Healy will face Ward E Councilman Steve Fulop.

Posted on: 2012/12/20 15:41

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017