Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
123 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 123

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Hurricane Recovery: Supporting Each Other
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
In Hoboken, La Isla, Charritos, Tutta Pasta, and others were giving away free food. Meanwhile, Molfettas and Mamouns were among those price-gouging.

Will definitely keep this info in mind next time I dine out in Hoboken.

Posted on: 2012/11/5 1:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/11/24 5:16
Group:
Registered Users
Hi fellow Jersey Citizens, please share this! We're offering hot meals, showers, etc, in our home to local cancer survivors affected by Sandy.

Do you know someone being treated for cancer who is without power, water, or has been displaced from his or her home because of Sandy?

We are two Jersey City cancer survivors who would like to offer a hot shower, a hot meal, internet usage, or just a little R&R to local residents affected by cancer. We are located on 5th Street in downtown JC.

Please call or text Emily and Matt at (908)410-1287, or email ShelterFromTheStormJC@gmail.com for more information.

?What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you.? ? Ralph Waldo Emerson

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos ... 68448479_2068605340_n.jpg

Posted on: 2012/11/4 17:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/1/18 16:12
From Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
A facebook group has been formed to coordinate volunteers:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/JerseyCitySandyRecovery/

@rycor I think we did meet today. Isn't it amazing what can be accomplished when so many people pitch in?

Posted on: 2012/11/3 2:18

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/10/6 15:31
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcgurl wrote:
Went to City Hall today to volunteer and about 50-70 others were there to pitch in. Organizers took contact info and dispatched volunteers to certain streets to just knock on doors and see if neighbors needed help. I ended up helping a neighbor on Sussex Street demo the lower level of a brownstone, remove sheet rock, etc. before mold sets in. There are a lot of neighbors in need of help. Hoping I can do more tomorrow.

I also helped demo a lower level on Sussex Street today. I wonder if we were working together. I really wish I could have stayed longer and am looking forward to continuing to lend a hand to our neighbors.

Posted on: 2012/11/2 23:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/1/18 16:12
From Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
Went to City Hall today to volunteer and about 50-70 others were there to pitch in. Organizers took contact info and dispatched volunteers to certain streets to just knock on doors and see if neighbors needed help. I ended up helping a neighbor on Sussex Street demo the lower level of a brownstone, remove sheet rock, etc. before mold sets in. There are a lot of neighbors in need of help. Hoping I can do more tomorrow.

Posted on: 2012/11/2 22:31

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/15 4:14
Group:
Registered Users
Tnis is awesome but the people who need the help will not see this post due to not having power/interne;t so how do we get the word to them?

Awesome idea though. I'm in.

Posted on: 2012/11/2 3:43

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/17 18:36
Group:
Registered Users
P.S. Anywhere I can help out Saturday/Sunday?

There's a list for NY: http://www.dogoodrighthere.org/blog/t ... olunteer-help-after-storm

Anywhere in JC I can put myself to use?

Posted on: 2012/11/2 3:28

Re: PSEG Workers

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/17 18:36
Group:
Registered Users
COULD NOT AGREE MORE! I have a close friend who works for PSEG and these people have been working 16's since sunday, some since friday or saturday! Everyone needs to remember that they need to take themselves out of their immediate situation and realize that we were all hit--everyone has been working extremely hard to get things back up and running. They will be working 16 hour shifts for the foreseeable future (2 weeks or so) 7 days a week.

Posted on: 2012/11/2 3:24

PSEG Workers
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/8/10 19:04
Group:
Registered Users
I stopped a PSEG worker about an hour ago. He was a little apprehensive when I asked if he was the one who had the PSEG truck. I first expressed my appreciation for all the hard work. He response? He took a breath and said THANK YOU!! This guy has his wife and kid back home with no power himself. He's only slept hours the last 48 hours. This poor guy was telling me stories about his life being threatened if he didn't restore power to some people. He was threatened he would be shot and stabbed. Harrassed. You name it. I'm hoping I am stating the obvious. But when you see any PSEG workers, stop them and thank them. Shake their hand even. I think I made this guys day.

Posted on: 2012/11/2 2:52

Hurricane Recovery: Supporting Each Other
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/15 11:50
From Village/HP
Group:
Registered Users
Each of us is experiencing our unique hardships (still no power.... water in basement....minimal food), but some are managing better than others. Let's see if those people who need help (pumping water, charging cell phone, etc.) can get some from JC neighbors.

(From the storm thread)....Someone from Paulus Hook is asking people to meet tomorrow, Friday, on the steps of City Hall at NOON if you NEED help or you CAN help. Please pass this message along. Please share this and post signs around your neighborhoods!

Posted on: 2012/11/1 20:19

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017