Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
112 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 112

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: EZPASS CRIMINALS
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/15 4:14
Group:
Registered Users
That's right bird-man; that's right. Like I said: EZPass criminals.

Posted on: 2012/11/16 0:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

cousin wrote:
Doesn't stopping for a receipt defeat the purpose of "ezpass"?

You obvious missed the point of the letter: I was charged double for the 15 trips.

Are you the guy that says: I only drove the train to Auschwitz? Dude, government loves attitudes like that, come on. Wake up!

"You'd be very surprised to learn how little you're entitled to"? WHat does that even mean? After working and paying taxes I am entitled to a fair bridge tolls, perhaps no toll when one considers how much we already pay.

You're lost bro!

Um - jmiz raised the point of stopping for a receipt. I was responding to him. Not lost at all, but I did agree with most of what you wrote - reread what I said.

Posted on: 2012/10/28 10:16

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Of course it did. And imagine how much money the EZPass criminals made. No reimbursements, no real explanations, no fines issued by our government; sounds like Wall Street: ZERO ACCOUNTABILITY. Criminal behavior.

Posted on: 2012/10/28 7:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/29 18:51
Group:
Registered Users
I am a carpool driver, $3.50 toll at the Holland tunnel. For two weeks, late March to April I was charged standard rate at the holland tunnel. I was told that there was a problem that they knew about and I would be reimbursed. After countless calls to EZPass and email communication with the port authority I was never reimbursed. I can only assume that this occurred to all carpool drivers during that two week period of time.

Posted on: 2012/10/28 5:12

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Of course. They don't want you to know that you just paid .90 to travel less than a mile.

The online statements have been revised to be made easier to understand (only after legislation forced them to). Look, if we want the discount, and who doesn't? we have to deal with these pricks. So, we're accountable to pay them; let's hold them accountable to fair business practices. That's all I am saying.

Posted on: 2012/10/28 1:25

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Doesn't stopping for a receipt defeat the purpose of "ezpass"?

You obvious missed the point of the letter: I was charged double for the 15 trips.

Are you the guy that says: I only drove the train to Auschwitz? Dude, government loves attitudes like that, come on. Wake up!

"You'd be very surprised to learn how little you're entitled to"? WHat does that even mean? After working and paying taxes I am entitled to a fair bridge tolls, perhaps no toll when one considers how much we already pay.

You're lost bro!

Posted on: 2012/10/28 1:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
I've always wondered about this though - why don't they flash how much your toll was. They absolutely could. Tolls increase all the time and let's be honest - you get a statement every two months and probably don't spend a lot of time reading through it. And I never realize the tolls have gone up until after the fact - when I read my statement.

If going to a separate lane to get a receipt is the only way you can get instant input as to what you are being charged, it kind of defeats the point of EZPass, doesn't it?

Posted on: 2012/10/28 1:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/22 1:46
Group:
Registered Users
So let's get this straight,

You want to get furious and write letters each time you see you're overcharged on the LED EZPass display rather than getting angry once when your statement arrives?

By the way, you can get a (paper) receipt ... there's a lane labeled just that at most exchanges. There's also a cash lane if you feel the EZPass system is "not interested in fair business practice" ...

You'd be very surprised to learn just how little you really are entitled to.

Posted on: 2012/10/28 0:44

EZPASS CRIMINALS
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
THE FOLLOWING WAS SENT TO GOVERNOR CHRISTI, GOVERNOR CUOMO AND SENATOR LAUTENBERG:

LET'S GET ON THIS BASTARDS. THEY ARE RIPPING US ALL OFF EVERY CHANCE THEY GET. SO IS OUR GOVERNMENT WITH THESE TOLLS BUT I AVOID THEM EVERY CHANCE I CAN. I AVOID TOLL ROADS WHEN I CAN.

Dear Senator Lautenberg,

EZPass customers must receive a sales receipt as we do for every other transaction at the time of purchase.
Currently, as a motorist passes through an EZPass lane, an electronic message appears on the digital display which reads "EZPass paid". It should read "EZPass paid (plus the amount paid) $9.50".

This way the motorist will know how much they are being charged at the time of the transaction. We should not have to wait a month for a statement in the mail nor should we have to log into our online accounts daily to make sure we are not being overcharged. This practice will prevent customers from being overcharge for an extended period of time without their knowledge.
I was recently charged $9.50 to cross the Bayonne Bridge 15 times (and once at the Goethals Bridge due to a BB closing) for a total overcharge theft of $76.00, double the amount of the commuter discount I am entitled to of $4.75 per crossing. After speaking to 3 EZPass supervisors it became clear to me this entity is not interested in fair business practice, nor are the worried about losing customers, after all, there is currently no competition. My request to credit my credit card the amount of $76 was denied by each supervisor. Their reason I was denied the credit was that I was supposed to manually change my "plan" online to commuter "Port Authority Staten Island" (PASI) plan.

I do not make the trip during the summer months and in years past when I forgot to change my plan back to the "PASI Commuter Plan" in September it was added to my account automatically once a certain number of crossings had been made. In other words, once it became apparent that this motorist is a commuter, I was given the discount. After further explaining this to the supervisors, each one skillfully denied this practice or stated they were "not aware of this practice". I then pleaded to them in the interest of fair business practice and improvement of their customer service relations but they were not interested.

Again, EZPass customers are entitled to an electronic receipt at the time of each purchase. The amount paid by each motorist must be posted in the lane's digital display as the motorist passes through.

Please take the necessary steps in forcing EZPass into fairer business practices or allow another company to begin operation forcing competition. EZPass is currently a corrupt entity accountable to seemingly no one, not even their customers. We must do something to prevent this criminal behavior. Let's hold EZPass accountable to fair business practices just as they hold us accountable to paying these overpriced, hostage-like ransom called "tolls".

Doing nothing is not an option.
END LETTER

KEEP IN MIND: ALL ADDITIONAL FUNDS COLLECTED BY THIS CRIMINAL ENTITY ARE KEPT BY EZPASS, NOT GIVEN TO PORT AUTHORITY, THE GOVERNMENTAL AGENCY THEY SERVE. EZ PASS SHOULD NOT BE A FOR PROFIT ORGANIZATION; PERIOD.

Posted on: 2012/10/28 0:36

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017