Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
153 user(s) are online (132 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 153

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Open-Gym Basketball for Adults in Paulus Hook/Downtown/Newport/Hamilton Park?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/5 22:41
Group:
Registered Users
In Dickinson HS Mike Rooney runs an open league from 6-9pm on weekdays. This is the court inside the main buliding, not the annex. You can just show up even without a team.

Posted on: 2012/10/11 20:16

Open-Gym Basketball for Adults in Paulus Hook/Downtown/Newport/Hamilton Park?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/4/1 23:20
Group:
Registered Users
I saw a thread on here last updated in 2009 regarding this subject. The commenters at the time mentioned contacting the JC Dept. of Rec, but when I called today, they said they were unaware of any open gyms in the city. The person I spoke to didn't seem to really comprehend the question nor care to look into it for me. Other commenters from that original thread mentioned Grace Church, Golden Door, JC Armory and Cordero, but calling those places got me nowhere.

Now that it's getting colder out, pickup games at Hamilton Park or the Boys & Girls Club outdoor courts are becoming more difficult. Does anyone know of any open gyms in the area that one could play basketball at? Whether it's pickup, organized games that allow newcomers, or even just for shoot-around.

Any information would be appreciated.

Posted on: 2012/10/11 20:07

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017