Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
124 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 124

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Why can't JC manage traffic/street repairs so buses can run?!
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/5/9 5:04
Group:
Registered Users
That explains Newark Ave (sort of), but does not explain the sorry state of the roads in the rest of Jersey City.

Street repair and traffic remain issues that are un-managed in Jersey City. Tax dollars are being diverted elsewhere. And I guess we will have to wait and see if the work is completed on October 15th.

Posted on: 2012/10/2 20:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
I looked it up. Its PSE&G running a new, underground, high voltage transmission line to the downtown. Its part of a electric grid upgrade.

http://www.cityofjerseycity.com/uploa ... east%20Grid%20Project.pdf

It is scheduled to be finished around October 15th.

Posted on: 2012/10/2 18:10

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/5/9 5:04
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MDM wrote:
Its not Jersey City. There is a major utility upgrade of sorts going on. Looks like new gas mains, but I am not sure.

Um, surely you're joking. Fix the roads? You really think the city cares about the roads? Oh, wait a minute... it is election time. That explains it.

And, besides which, you have to realize that some of the roads are actually county roads. And the "roads guy" may have been too busy doing other stuff.

. . . . .

Hudson County Department of Roads and Public Property, Harold "Bud" Demellier ran Healy?s 2009 re-election campaign.

Demellier, a political kingmaker whose connections helped
land him a $127,800-a-year job as director of the Hudson County Department of Roads and Public Property, said he met several times with Dwek ? a man he knew at the time as David Esenbach.

In the surveillance video excerpt, FBI informant Solomon Dwek can be seen talking with Harold 'Bud' Demellier about politics, money and making deals. Dwek can be seen in this video talking with Demellier about $20,000 that he gave him. Demellier is a key Democratic strategist who ran Jersey City Mayor Healy's 2009 re-election campaign. Dwek also speaks with Tom Fricchione, a former Jersey City councilman who was tied to Dwek in other videos but never charged. Fricchione died in Dec. 2009.

[Hmmm.... I guess is it not at all suspicious that two of the players in this little drama have died? See: Jack Shaw]

The disclosures mark the first time that Demellier has been linked to the case, and the most vivid sign yet of just how close the FBI was moving toward the mayor of the state?s second-largest city.

One of Hudson County?s most powerful operatives, a close and feared associate of Jersey City Mayor Jerramiah Healy, was secretly on the payroll of infamous FBI informant Solomon Dwek, according to a confidential government surveillance video.

Federal prosecutors never made it a secret that they were interested in Healy. Never accused of any wrongdoing in connection with the case, the colorful Jersey City mayor nevertheless played a starring role in other stark surveillance videos captured by Dwek. At a March 2009 sit-down at the Medical Center Luncheonette, Healy met with political consultant Jack Shaw, Jersey City Housing Authority commissioner Ed Cheatam, Deputy Mayor Leona Beldini and Dwek.

. . . . .

Nice group of upstanding citizens. But, seriously, please fix the roads.

Posted on: 2012/10/2 17:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/17 14:03
From Moe's Deli
Group:
Registered Users
How about the fact that they waited until the FIRST WEEK OF SCHOOL to start tearing up the streets so not only do we have to sit in traffic due to roadwork but also have to deal with the school buses being back all at the same time.

Posted on: 2012/10/2 17:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
Its not Jersey City. There is a major utility upgrade of sorts going on. Looks like new gas mains, but I am not sure.

Posted on: 2012/10/2 17:29

Why can't JC manage traffic/street repairs so buses can run?!
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/8/6 17:44
Group:
Banned
The trip on the 87 bus from the Heights to JSQ - what is scheduled to be a 10 minute ride, or a 20-25 minute walk - seems to regularly take 1/2 hour these days. Most days, the buses are late or come bunched up due to traffic on south of JSQ or in Hoboken according to the drivers, but it seems there has been never ending street and utility repair on Newark and Hoboken Avenues near Journal Square, causing traffic to be re-routed. Is it just me, frustrated because I'm late for work again, or does it seem like Jersey City has NO masterplan for managing street repairs, or NO traffic management strategy? The latter, in my mind, being a more serious issue since Jersey City - along with most of NJ - seems to have abandoned ANY pretense of enhancing mass transit.

Do we have a Department of Transportation, as NYC does? NYC's Commissioner Sadik-Khan always is being proactive about traffic planning issues! What do we need, people, to affect something similar here in JC?

Posted on: 2012/10/2 17:03

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017