Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
90 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 90

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Good place to buy a fairly large quantity of dry ice?

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/9 15:21
Group:
Registered Users
Sorry but no before and after. This technique using the condensed air resulted in about an 85-90% improvement, I would estimate. I do believe that using actual dry ice, wrapped safely in a towel and while using gloves, would give even better results. It's much simpler to squire the air though!

There are several informing YouTube videos as well as how to's on the net. I just googled how to remove dents from stainless steel.

BTW, this process is arrears to be used widely in auto repair shops to get smaller to medium dents out of damaged cars.

Posted on: 2014/4/2 17:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
This is REALLY interesting to me. I have a fridge with an indentation on its door, and despite some attempts, I have not been able to "pop" them out. Do you have before and after pictures? Is there any residual effect on the finish/surface after applying such a fix? My fridge has a matte/brushed stainless steel finish to it, so I am always hesitant to do much to its surface.

Posted on: 2014/4/2 15:55

Re: Dry ice

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
A stainless steel fridge. It has some dents in the door. If you heat the dents with a hair dryer, etc, then apply dry ice, the dents will "pop out". And it's true, although we ended up using a can of compressed duster air like you'd use to clean dust and debris from your computer keyboard.

Posted on: 2014/4/2 11:56

Re: Dry ice
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/5 16:38
Group:
Banned
Quote:

6DTJC wrote:
Does anyone know of a place nearby to pick up a little dry ice for a stainless steel appliance fix.

What kind of appliance gets fixed with dry ice? That sounds interesting.

Posted on: 2014/3/31 13:42

Dry ice

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Does anyone know of a place nearby to pick up a little dry ice for a stainless steel appliance fix.

Posted on: 2014/3/28 22:47

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/9/22 23:36
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2012/9/26 20:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
I've worked with dry ice before. I want to fog up a stairwell that nobody will be in (except for some kind of mechanical monster that will pop out of the fog). Nobody is going to get near the ice as the stairwell will be barricaded.

Posted on: 2012/9/25 14:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Just be mindful of the cautions to know about dry ice - especially if kids are nearby (sorry, it's the Mom in me!)

You might want to try this instead:

http://www.orientaltrading.com/api/search?Ntt=fog+machine

ABOUT DRY ICE

Dry Ice Frostbite
Dry ice is extremely cold! Skin contact kills the cells, giving you a dry ice burn. It only takes a couple of seconds to get burned, so it's best to use tongs or gloves when handling dry ice. Don't eat dry ice. If you use it to cool a drink, be careful that you don't accidentally get a piece of dry ice in your mouth or accidentally swallow some.

Asphyxiation
Dry ice forms carbon dioxide gas. Although the carbon dioxide isn't toxic, it changes the chemistry of the air so that there is a lower percentage of oxygen. This is not an issue in a well-ventilated area, but it can cause problems in enclosed spaces. Also, the cool carbon dioxide gas sinks to the floor of a room. The increased concentration of carbon dioxide is more likely to cause problems for pets or children than for adults, both because they have a higher metabolism and because they may be closer to the floor where the concentration of carbon dioxide is highest.

Explosion Hazard
Dry ice is not flammable or explosive, but it exerts pressure as it changes from solid dry ice to gaseous carbon dioxide. If dry ice is placed in a seal container, there is a risk of the container rupturing or of the cap rifling off of the container when you open it. A dry ice bomb produces extremely loud noise and shoots out pieces of the container and dry ice. You could harm your hearing and become injured by the container. Pieces of dry ice could become embedded in your skin, giving you internal frostbite. To avoid these dangers, don't seal dry ice in a bottle, jar or locking cooler. It's fine in a paper bag in your refrigerator or freezer or in a cooler without a tight seal.

Posted on: 2012/9/25 14:23

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/3/10 1:54
Group:
Registered Users
it's been years since we bought any, but we used to go to this place:

Losquadro Ice Co Inc
56 County Ave
Secaucus, NJ 07094
(201) 866-4848

Posted on: 2012/9/25 2:40

Good place to buy a fairly large quantity of dry ice?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
Toying with the idea of creating a little Halloween display. Those fog machines just aren't powerful enough. Anyone know where you can pick up dry ice in or around J.C.?

Posted on: 2012/9/25 0:34

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017