Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
90 user(s) are online (82 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 90

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Zipcar, red light violation
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/22 1:46
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Seagull wrote:
You'll be getting two points on your license, and a hike on your insurance.

Incorrect.

Quote:
http://www.njlaws.com/RedLightTickets.html?id=2798&a=
Although violators are not given points for infractions caught by red-light cameras, it is considered a moving violation. Therefore, if you are on DMV of MVC probation your driver license will be suspended if you are issued a moving violation via a red-light camera.

Quote:

Do I get points on my license?
http://www.ci.newark.nj.us/government ... ing/red_light_cameras.php
In no case shall motor vehicle points or automobile insurance eligibility points pursuant to section 26 of P.L.1990, c.8 (C.17:33B-14) be assessed against any person for a violation occurring under the provisions of this act. The ticket for a violation of New Jersey Title 39:4-81, Failure to Observe Signal is the responsibility of the registered owner of the vehicle.

....aaaaaaand I just saw your response. Disregard!

Posted on: 2012/10/13 12:27

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/10/20 4:05
Group:
Registered Users
When drivers drive through a red light, a red-light camera will take a picture of him and his license plate. Motorists generally hate them. Many feel the gadgets are designed to make money for a city, and not to catch bad-guys. However, two devices have just appeared that use similar technology to make red-light camera photos useless to police force. One of the gadgets can be bought now. The other is still raising money to get UL certification.

Posted on: 2012/10/13 8:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
I don't trust those cameras. A couple weeks back I drove through an intersection near St. Peter's College (JFK Blvd.). The red light camera was flashing away as cars drove past it. The light was green.

Posted on: 2012/9/12 0:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/19 15:21
Group:
Registered Users
Sorry about the erroneous post earlier. If you're caught by a red-light camera, there are no points. If you were stopped by a cop, it would be two points. I don't even think your insurance company will know about it if you just pay the ticket.

Posted on: 2012/9/11 23:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/27 23:03
From Jersey City yo!
Group:
Registered Users
If you don't have a recollection of driving a Zip car at the time the video was taken (the tags are seen on the video), do you at least have a car rental receipt pointing you to that moment in time?

Can the Zip-car receipt refresh your memory?

Anyway, the ticket resulting from running a red light being caught by a video camera carries no points in NJ, just a fine.

The late notice is in your favor, but if there are no points, I'd just pay and be done with it.

Posted on: 2012/9/11 22:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/19 15:21
Group:
Registered Users
You'll be getting two points on your license, and a hike on your insurance.

Posted on: 2012/9/11 22:37

Zipcar, red light violation
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/11/21 2:00
Group:
Registered Users
I just rec'd notification from zipcar that they rec'd and paid a ticket for me (and charged me of course). Apparently, the ticket resulted from a camera. According to the ticket, the time has expired to plead not guilty. It occurred over a month ago and frankly, I have no recollection of even being in the location stated much less going through a light. However, it is possible that it is my rented car with me in it (they sent a video). And I don't normally run red lights. I would have at least liked the opportunity to fight it if there are points involved. Zipcar rec'd the ticket on 8/23 according to their stamp and I'm receiving it just now, 18 days later.

2 questions. Will there be points? If so, that would mean zipcar would have to supply the Jersey City with my info. Second, do I have recourse against anyone since I was notified so late?

Thanks.

Posted on: 2012/9/11 22:02

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017