Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
100 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 100

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: T-Bird Obviously Works for Fulop
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/19 3:01
Group:
Banned
Quote:

T-Bird wrote:
Quote:

JCFree wrote:
Where does the money come from to fix the potholes, retain and hire cops, and stabilize taxes? Answer: state and federal grant money. It's more than mere fraternizing, it's essential to making the place you represent a priority for other elected officials who notice who you represent. You don't go it alone and govern in a vacuum.

Where does the money come from to fix the potholes, retain and hire cops and stabilize taxes? Um, that would be my insanely high property taxes - which have doubled while your boss has been in office. You really think Trenton and D.C. are supposed to fill our potholes?.

You actually want to debate with me again? Let me ask, does Fulop not pay you enough to come up with accurate answers or just enough to make it worth your while to tell outright lies?

You claimed Fulop "does the right thing unprompted" and I pointed out two instances where he not only would have kept money from Spectra's lawyers and a designated redeveloper in violation of the Pay-to-Play ordinance, he only gave the money back AFTER newspaper articles were published questioning him about it.

Because remember- it's not what Fulop says, it's what he thinks he can get away with.

Kind of like receiving an ELEC violating $5,000 excessive contribution from the Honorable Senator Robert Torricelli last quarter. Again, public information, so feel free to fact check me.

Fulop claims to be independent of the "establishment" and gets a pass from some on this board due to this perception, but it's completely false.

How do you justify taking money from an establishment politician, whose career endeded due to ethics violations while in office? Is this who he aspires to become?

Sorry, Jersey City is not his stepping stone to become the next Senator Torricelli.

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/07/31/nyr ... tml?pagewanted=all&src=pm

Posted on: 2012/9/7 16:26

Re: No Fulop Updates From DNC
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/22 6:01
Group:
Registered Users
my question to any local councilperson who IS at the DNC would be, "why aren't you home, taking care of your town's problems?"

so thank you, Steve Fulop, for staying here where the hard work is.

Posted on: 2012/9/7 5:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 0:04
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
I suspect he is not at the DNC because the delegate slots are reserved forr supporters of the current power structure.

Posted on: 2012/9/7 4:24

Re: JCFREE IS A CLASSIC TROLL
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCFree wrote:
Where does the money come from to fix the potholes, retain and hire cops, and stabilize taxes? Answer: state and federal grant money. It's more than mere fraternizing, it's essential to making the place you represent a priority for other elected officials who notice who you represent. You don't go it alone and govern in a vacuum.

Where does the money come from to fix the potholes, retain and hire cops and stabilize taxes? Um, that would be my insanely high property taxes - which have doubled while your boss has been in office. You really think Trenton and D.C. are supposed to fill our potholes? My god - I hope my hunch is wrong and you are not Craig Guy or Bill Matsikudis. That would be way too embarrassing.

Fixing potholes is a function of the DPW - they are a part of the city budget. Police are a part of the city budget. "Stabilize taxes"? Who knows what the hell that means. My guess is it means 'hey, let's spend as much money as we can and run up the budget to the breaking point."

So tell your boss to get home and do his job. I seriously doubt anyone in Charlotte who matters knows who he is.

Posted on: 2012/9/7 3:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCFree wrote:
Is Fulop a democrat in name only? How do you seek to be mayor of the second largest urban city and not show up to support the re-election of the sitting president, who is a democrat?

It's not like he has a day job now. Tell me I am wrong and he is there and not seeking publicity.
Was he invited or is there a place for him? Or do you want him to show up and just hang around? Is every Democratic candidate for any elected position from every town and city supposed to show up there?

Posted on: 2012/9/7 3:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/16 20:23
From not downtown
Group:
Registered Users
"Fixing the streets" is not a Republican or Democratic issue.

Trying to inject the Democratic convention into the local discussion is simply TROLL work. But, I see that the slime machine is getting into full gear.

Posted on: 2012/9/6 20:13
I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food.
W. C. Fields

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Mouse wrote:
Although the post was meant to slam Fulop and JCFree is doing some very nice TROLL work, it does provide an opportunity to discuss what is really important.

At the city/municipal level, government should concern itself with such items as repairing the streets and keeping them clean, dealing with crime/ keeping the streets safe, keeping taxes low, and otherwise making life for citizens as good as possible. These are not really partisan (Republican/Democrat) issues, but are straight forward "good government" issues.

Yes, Hudson County is predominantly Democrat, and yes it would be good to marshall as much good will as possible with the national Democratic organisation, but this is not critical. What is important is that at the local level we get good people elected and to rid City Hall of the crooks.

So, JCFREE, keep trolling and I will keep pointing out that many of Mayor Healy's Deputy Mayors have ended up in handcuffs and that current Deputy Mayor Kabili Tayari (who has also worn handcuffs) is a disgrace and recently proved it again, but Healy refuses to fire him and will keep him and all his buddies (including you, I suspect) on the payroll until the bitter end.

What you stated is directly contradictory. You talk about marshaling good will with democrats and cleaning streets/fighting crime/keeping taxes low as if they are mutually exclusive. They are not.

All ths makes you wonder whether he has the understanding of government to do a decent job. After all, what has he ever managed?

Posted on: 2012/9/6 18:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
Healy has said nothing about Todd Akin's comments about rape. As a concerned citizen, I wonder why he has not said anything about such an important issue? Could it be that Healy is actually a Republican that wants to qualify rape? Could it be that Healy doesn't think rape actually exists and that NAMBLA (North American Man/Boy Love Assoc.) is a legitimate group? I'm JUST ASKING QUESTIONS AND AM NOT TROLLING.

Posted on: 2012/9/6 16:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/16 20:23
From not downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Although the post was meant to slam Fulop and JCFree is doing some very nice TROLL work, it does provide an opportunity to discuss what is really important.

At the city/municipal level, government should concern itself with such items as repairing the streets and keeping them clean, dealing with crime/ keeping the streets safe, keeping taxes low, and otherwise making life for citizens as good as possible. These are not really partisan (Republican/Democrat) issues, but are straight forward "good government" issues.

Yes, Hudson County is predominantly Democrat, and yes it would be good to marshall as much good will as possible with the national Democratic organisation, but this is not critical. What is important is that at the local level we get good people elected and to rid City Hall of the crooks.

So, JCFREE, keep trolling and I will keep pointing out that many of Mayor Healy's Deputy Mayors have ended up in handcuffs and that current Deputy Mayor Kabili Tayari (who has also worn handcuffs) is a disgrace and recently proved it again, but Healy refuses to fire him and will keep him and all his buddies (including you, I suspect) on the payroll until the bitter end.

Posted on: 2012/9/6 16:06
I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food.
W. C. Fields

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
I was shocked when I moved to the Journal Square and Greenville areas, so many people have never even heard of him.

Isn't that the f**ked up part? That there's huge chunks of "voters" (human botnet) who've ever even bothered to open the free weekly Reporter where he's mentioned in virtually every issue?

Posted on: 2012/9/6 15:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/27 23:03
From Jersey City yo!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

EthanCrane wrote:
...our friendly neighborhood message board....

You're kidding, right?

Posted on: 2012/9/6 12:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Why is the question a slam on Fulop? I think his absent is due to he is not part of the hudson county democratic committee. This board has allot of love for Steve, but lets be honest. Not everyone in JC is a fan of Fulop or even knows who he is.

I happen to know him because I use to be a resident downtown. I was shocked when I moved to the Journal Square and Greenville areas, so many people have never even heard of him.

Posted on: 2012/9/6 11:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/11 21:09
Group:
Registered Users
Again, JCFree? You're completely transparent. We all know what you're doing. Please, leave the machine hackery out of our friendly neighborhood message board. We don't want it.

If you must post pro-Healy topics, then do so, but stop with your "I'm only asking questions" senseless slams on Fulop.

Posted on: 2012/9/6 3:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/12 11:53
Group:
Registered Users
Obama is going to win because the Republican Ticket has not excited the base. Romney lacks the charisma(which really shouldnt count for anything if ur looking to elect someone) or presence that Obama has. Ryan was a good choice but he is more a fiscal conservative than a social conservative.

Again both parties and 99 percent of politicians suck.

It all comes down to which side will be able to wrangle in more sheep on election day....anyone who thinks these farces are about change and ideas and what is good for the common man needs a good kick in the face. :)

Posted on: 2012/9/5 23:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
Would you willingly latch your campaign to someone who is the political equivalent of the Titanic? The muni election isn't until mid 2013. By then, every Democratic operative is going to be distancing themselves as far as possible from the memory of Obama.

Posted on: 2012/9/5 22:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/31 2:51
Group:
Registered Users
Wow. You're pretty relentless with that ax of yours. Lucky you have an anonymous forum upon which to grind it, huh?

Posted on: 2012/9/5 22:29

No Fulop Updates From DNC
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Is Fulop a democrat in name only? How do you seek to be mayor of the second largest urban city and not show up to support the re-election of the sitting president, who is a democrat?

It's not like he has a day job now. Tell me I am wrong and he is there and not seeking publicity.

Posted on: 2012/9/5 22:15

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017