Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
146 user(s) are online (131 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 146

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Break & Enter Notice: Noted potential "spotter" in front of our property
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/19 0:07
From Pizza City
Group:
Registered Users
You know when someone doesn't belong so go with your instincts and call the police. One day I left my house and returned a few minutes later because I remembered something I forgot. There was a druggie sitting on my front steps sorting through stuff from his pockets. I asked him if I could help him. He said no, he was '...just enjoying the day.' Enjoying the day my ass. He watched me leave my house then parked his butt on my steps to wait until the coast was clear so he could break in. I say call the cops because people who are hanging outside your house during the day who don't have anything better to do are up to no good.

Posted on: 2012/9/29 1:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

PathH8Tr wrote:
Downtown JC, Jersey Ave. near Fourth/Fifth Streets - we were robbed a few years back. I mentioned on this thread that at the time I witnessed a female "spotter" smoking across the street.

Today I let the PS&G man in (I know him) and there was a woman smoking across the street. May not seem like a big deal but she looked a little "meth addict". I have no idea if she was just smoking a cigarette but I know my neighbors, don't know her (many of our brownstones are owned by one family). But thought if she is a spotter how brilliant to watch the PS&G man ringing doorbells. If no one answers....then again this poor woman could be merely smoking a cigarette, lol.

It could be nothing but she left pretty quickly when she noticed me notice her. Wanted people to be aware regardless.

Better safe than sorry. Some people think burglars wear black clothes and masks and sneak around at night. No, they're dumb ass drug addicts who make it quite obvious that they are up to no good. Some people just aren't smart enough to spot them.

Posted on: 2012/9/3 0:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/7/22 15:58
Group:
Registered Users
Clearly in my neighborhood there is a VAST CONSPIRACY. Teams of watchers trade position continuously whenever I glance out from under my tinfoil hat I see them pretending to be walking past.

Posted on: 2012/9/2 22:48

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/21 0:12
Group:
Registered Users
Keep in mind that to innocent people, it's the complete strangers taking their pictures, yelling, and chasing them with dogs who are the suspicious-acting ones.

Let's not confuse awareness with paranoia.

Posted on: 2012/9/2 11:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
This is not silly, here we have learned at our block association meetings be suspicious even if you see a couple making out in a car... sometimes they just sit and case out homes to learn residents schedules.

Everyone that stands on my block must live here or visiting someone since its a dead end street. If I see someone smoking or just hanging around on a neighbors steps that I don't recognize I always go out with my phone and start clicking pics of the house they are occupying. If they are up to no good they scatter...

Since I live near the lightrail and must drugs are delivered by bike out here.... sometimes people come from other areas to meet up with drug dealers and camp out on my neighbors property....

I once got into a screaming match with a dude from Hoboken or Bayonne who was high on something and when I took his photo he tried to take my phone until my dog came running out and he ran back towards the lightrail.

Posted on: 2012/8/29 14:42

Break & Enter Notice: Noted potential "spotter" in front of our property
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/31 23:18
Group:
Registered Users
Downtown JC, Jersey Ave. near Fourth/Fifth Streets - we were robbed a few years back. I mentioned on this thread that at the time I witnessed a female "spotter" smoking across the street.

Today I let the PS&G man in (I know him) and there was a woman smoking across the street. May not seem like a big deal but she looked a little "meth addict". I have no idea if she was just smoking a cigarette but I know my neighbors, don't know her (many of our brownstones are owned by one family). But thought if she is a spotter how brilliant to watch the PS&G man ringing doorbells. If no one answers....then again this poor woman could be merely smoking a cigarette, lol.

It could be nothing but she left pretty quickly when she noticed me notice her. Wanted people to be aware regardless.

Posted on: 2012/8/29 13:58

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017