Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
120 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 120

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Armed robbery on 5th btwn Erie & Jersey late Friday night
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
guess no updates?

Posted on: 2012/9/7 14:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/7 17:35
Group:
Banned
Any updates on these scumbags?

Posted on: 2012/8/31 22:37

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/5 17:07
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

I like how nj.com conveniently left off the location of the police station a mere two blocks away.

Posted on: 2012/8/29 16:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JaeTea wrote:
I'm going to have to start carrying my cell phone and wallet up my ass.

Reminds me how the prisoners held on to their money in the book 'Papillon' (read it as a kid). One prisoner got gutted because the others thought he had some serious cash up where the sun don't shine.

Posted on: 2012/8/29 15:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JaeTea wrote:

This could create a whole new police report.

Posted on: 2012/8/29 15:25
Get on your bikes and ride !

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2012/8/29 14:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
School is in; Gang recruiting time.

Ladies, leave those LV bags at home, unless they're knocks and I know a lot of them are.

Posted on: 2012/8/29 14:20

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Welcome to DTJC. A great place for families.

Resized Image

Posted on: 2012/8/29 14:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users
EXCLUSIVE: Jersey City Man Says He Was The Victim In Gang Training Seminar

Says A Boy As Young As 12 Looked Like A Veteran During Robbery

August 28, 2012 11:09 PM

JERSEY CITY, N.J. (CBS 2) ? A man claims he was the victim of a training mission ? the target of a 12-year-old boy being taught by older kids how to steal.

The victim recounted the gunpoint attack in an exclusive interview with CBS 2?s Derricke Dennis on Tuesday.

It was frightening encounter at gunpoint. A 27-year-old man said he was followed down the street last Friday, confronted, held up and patted down.

?He was just holding the gun right here,? the victim said, demonstrating. ?He was just checking my front pockets, my back pockets, and front pockets.?

The man said he was robbed of everything ? by a trio of teenagers. Flyers described the youngest as being around 12 and the oldest around 17.

?It looked like as if the two older guys was teaching the younger kid how to rob people, you know, like gang or something,? the victim said.

CBS 2 protected his identity, but he talked about the disturbing attack on 5th Street between Erie and Jersey avenues. He retraced his steps, outraged at how young, how bold, and how armed the teenagers were.

?Two of them had guns, yes, so, yeah, it was pretty scary I would say,? the victim said.

He said his wallet with cash, a cell phone, his bank card, student ID, and work authorization card, costing close to $400, were all swiped.

?More than the cash, I?m more worried about the cards, because it?s really a long process to get the driver?s license back, and the work authorization card back and everything,? the victim said.

After the late-night attack, the victim said he got in touch with the neighborhood association, which posted the flyers all around, hoping someone saw the attack or might have surveillance video of the young thugs.

?There was a risk that it could have ended badly, so I didn?t take any chances,? the victim said.

So, there was no fighting back and not even a look at the trio of robbers. A gun to the temple showed how threatening a robbery can be, at any age.

Jersey City police are looking for robbers, and have officers patrolling the area.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/08/2 ... in-gang-training-seminar/

Posted on: 2012/8/29 5:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Man robbed at gunpoint by 3 boys, one may have been 10 years old, cops say

JERSEY CITY ? Police are looking for three boys ? one who may be as young as 10 years old -- who robbed a man at gunpoint in Downtown Jersey City on Friday night, authorities said yesterday.

The 27-year-old victim told officers that he was on Fifth Street between Jersey Avenue and Erie Street at 9 p.m. when the boys pointed two handguns at him and demanded what was in his pockets, a police report said.

The man turned over a cell phone worth $700, an identification card valued at about $500 and $200 in cash, the report says, adding that the boys ran away heading west on Fifth Street.

The Fourth Street man said the boys were wearing shorts, one of them appeared to be 10 years old and another was about 15 years old, the report says.

Anyone with information on the robbery is asked to call the Jersey City police tip line at (201) 547-JAIL.

WOW how frightening! The above story was just on the CBS 11 pm local news. They didn?t show the victims face he was afraid of retaliation. He said the 12 year old held a gun to his head and walked him into an ally. Patted him down and took his ids, cash, bank card and cell phone. He said it seemed it was some kind of gang training mission with an older kid giving the 12 year old order?s.

Glad the guy is ok.

The piece had some shots of nice row houses ?but who would want to live in DTJC after seeing that report? Right Healy?

This is the link to the CBS news transcript...no video yet...

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/08/2 ... in-gang-training-seminar/

Posted on: 2012/8/29 3:29

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
If your presence can't even prevent an armed robbery less than 250ft from the building what's the point?

Maybe to mark off the street after someone actually gets killed next time?

It's embarrassing.

Posted on: 2012/8/29 2:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/1/6 18:15
Group:
Banned
That is why we need guns in the hands of good people.

Posted on: 2012/8/29 1:59

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/8/24 16:17
Group:
Registered Users
JCPD don't give a rats ass about anyone in this city; our taxes pay their wages. But they and their families livevfarvoutside JC. They care about themselves and their communities not those of us they are paid to protect & serve. As long as this BS continues JCPD will continue to do what they have been doing for years. Oh and maybe getting drunk in this city before driving home to the shore....

Posted on: 2012/8/29 1:30

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/5/4 2:19
Group:
Registered Users
Seriously? This is what kids do to get their "kicks" nowadays? Wave weapons at others? What the hell happened to playing sports or learning an instrument? This is beyond disturbing... It just seems like there is a total, pervasive disregard for common decency in today's society.

Posted on: 2012/8/28 23:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
"Hide yo wife, hide yo kids."

Posted on: 2012/8/28 20:18

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/4/9 19:59
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City woman tells cops she was robbed by 3 teens in street

A 45-year-old Jersey City woman was robbed by three boys Downtown at 10 p.m. Sunday, officials said yesterday.

The woman told police the boys, who she said appeared to be from 15 to 17 years old, were in front of 97 Bright Street and when she walked past, one of them pointed a handgun at her and shoved her, a police report says.

The robber snatched the Jersey Avenue woman's purse containing $20 and all three boys walked away heading north on Varick Street, the report says.

The victim told police the boy with the gun was wearing all black clothing and a black hat with white lettering on it, the report says.

On Fifth Street, about 10 blocks away, a man was robbed by gunpoint by three boys
on Friday night.

Anyone with information on either robbery is asked to call the Jersey City police tip line at (201) 547-JAIL.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... woman_tells_cops_s_2.html

Posted on: 2012/8/28 19:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
I guess JJ got the message...

A 45-year-old Jersey City woman was robbed by three boys Downtown at 10 p.m. Sunday, officials said yesterday.
The woman told police the boys, who she said appeared to be from 15 to 17 years old, were in front of 97 Bright Street and when she walked past, one of them pointed a handgun at her and shoved her, a police report says.
The robber snatched the Jersey Avenue woman's purse containing $20 and all three boys walked away heading north on Varick Street, the report says.
The victim told police the boy with the gun was wearing all black clothing and a black hat with white lettering on it, the report says.
On Fifth Street, about 10 blocks away, a man was robbed by gunpoint by three boys
on Friday night.

Anyone with information on either robbery is asked to call the Jersey City police tip line at (201) 547-JAIL.

Posted on: 2012/8/28 19:28

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
The fact this shit happens two blocks from a police station is mind boggling.

Posted on: 2012/8/28 17:12

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
first mention of any of this in the jersey journal. i thought it was bad enough that it was a 12 year old, now they're saying 10 year old.

Man robbed at gunpoint by 3 boys, one may have been 10 years old, cops say

JERSEY CITY ? Police are looking for three boys ? one who may be as young as 10 years old -- who robbed a man at gunpoint in Downtown Jersey City on Friday night, authorities said yesterday.

The 27-year-old victim told officers that he was on Fifth Street between Jersey Avenue and Erie Street at 9 p.m. when the boys pointed two handguns at him and demanded what was in his pockets, a police report said.

The man turned over a cell phone worth $700, an identification card valued at about $500 and $200 in cash, the report says, adding that the boys ran away heading west on Fifth Street.

The Fourth Street man said the boys were wearing shorts, one of them appeared to be 10 years old and another was about 15 years old, the report says.

Anyone with information on the robbery is asked to call the Jersey City police tip line at (201) 547-JAIL.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... _at_gunpoint_by_3_bo.html

Posted on: 2012/8/28 16:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Chama wrote: Quote:
FYI, email sent by P. O. Dina Reilly from JCPD: From: east > Date: August 27, 2012 12:37:09 PM EDT > To: east > Subject: Recent Robberies > > Please be advised the Jersey City Police Department is currently investigating robberies that occurred over the weekend in the downtown area of the East District as well as a robbery in the South District. It is believed these robberies are related and suspects are being narrowed down. > > The South and East District Detectives and Commanders are working diligently to solve these crimes. > > Captain Connors has increased patrol, uniform and plain clothes, in the incident areas (in the East District). > > If anyone sees anyone/anything suspicious, please contact the police immediately ? non-emergency number, 201-547-5477, or emergency number, 911. > > We will continue to keep the community posted on updates. > > P.O. Dina Reilly > Jersey City Police Department > East District Community Relations Officer > 207 7th St. > 201-547-4370 > policeeast@njjcps. org >
So it was true?hey JJ how about writing some NEWS about the two robberies. Or is what user1111 stated true? Did you sell out to the man? Shame on you! Funniest line of the JCPD letter.. ?> Captain Connors has increased patrol, uniform and plain clothes, in the incident areas (in the East District).? What about the rest of the city? How about some increased patrols for US. We bleed too.

Posted on: 2012/8/28 15:09

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/8 23:34
From The Italian Village
Group:
Registered Users
FYI, email sent by P. O. Dina Reilly from JCPD: From: east > Date: August 27, 2012 12:37:09 PM EDT > To: east > Subject: Recent Robberies > > Please be advised the Jersey City Police Department is currently investigating robberies that occurred over the weekend in the downtown area of the East District as well as a robbery in the South District. It is believed these robberies are related and suspects are being narrowed down. > > The South and East District Detectives and Commanders are working diligently to solve these crimes. > > Captain Connors has increased patrol, uniform and plain clothes, in the incident areas (in the East District). > > If anyone sees anyone/anything suspicious, please contact the police immediately ? non-emergency number, 201-547-5477, or emergency number, 911. > > We will continue to keep the community posted on updates. > > P.O. Dina Reilly > Jersey City Police Department > East District Community Relations Officer > 207 7th St. > 201-547-4370 > policeeast@njjcps. org >

Posted on: 2012/8/28 13:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/14 1:56
Group:
Registered Users
Crime can happen anywhere, period. But some areas are significantly safer than others. E.g. Paulus Hook and Hamilton Park are safer than parts of the Heights or Bergen-Lafayette. (See http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/nj/jersey-city/crime/ for some details).

Property crime and violent crime in JC also fell steadily between 2005 and 2011 ( http://www.cityrating.com/crime-stati ... w-jersey/jersey-city.html ).

"A bunch of stuff happened last week!" doesn't tell you anything. Crime doesn't happen in regular intervals; some weeks you may have a lot of incidents, other weeks will be quiet. You can't detect a trend in crime based on one weeks events, it takes months or years to get a solid idea of how things are changing. And newspapers always push crime to the forefront, in part because that's what people want to read.

And of course, some neighborhoods can experience an increase in crime, while others fall. Crime could go up in the Heights without it having a direct effect on crime rates in Paulus Hook.

As to "anything goes in JC," I do want to live in a safer city, obviously. But I don't want to live in a police state, and it's definitely a good thing when the cops do not routinely abuse citizens. Since violent crime is falling without either of those things, it seems likely they are not required to further reduce the crime rates.

Posted on: 2012/8/28 12:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
User1111?I know you, Stringer and I post the JJ crime stories (when available) here on JCList. I don?t do it to make any one part of JC look any worse than another. I do it more to show how bad crime is in JC and as a warning that it could happen in any part of JC. Those young punks with guns could have been walking or biking to any part of the city to do harm. Yes even in DTJC. (sorry for mentioning it developers)

What gets me is the attitude of the slime that anything goes in JC. What balls to carry a gun at 15 and not worry about getting caught? JC needs be a place where the thugs should always feel they are being watched.

Funny since I was a kid the Bayonne police department always had a reputation for catching speeding drivers on Kennedy Blvd. Go one mile over the 25 mile speed limit and you were busted. Everyone back then and even now known?s NOT to go over the 25 miles per hour speed limit in Bayonne.

We need that kind of fear or reputation in JC! I do recall at one time not too long ago the JCPD did have a reputation for beating the crap out of bad guys. I had the bruises to prove it, and I was only doing minor kid stuff like throwing rocks. ( I never did that again..och!) But I guess with all of the PC BS, cell phone cameras, and ACLU lawsuits that has stopped. Too bad.

PS ? I have close friends down in SH and I was there yesterday. I didn?t hear anything about a shooting. At around 9 pm someone was shooting off roman candles in Country Village for about 15 minutes, it did sound like shots. I will see if I can dig some info up on it. If a Fort?err I mean a place like SH now has crime that is really bad news. Especially considering that it has gates, manned guard houses, nighttime guard patrol cars, cameras, and moats.

Posted on: 2012/8/27 16:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/16 12:23
Group:
Registered Users
There was a break-in in a brownstone walk-up in Liberty Harbor about 1.5 months ago on Tidewater, just off of Grand. Broad daylight. The perp kicked in the front door and snatched what he could. The cameras throughout the development caught everything and he was caught days later.

Thought it would go with the theme of this thread in case that also wasn't reported.

Posted on: 2012/8/27 15:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Hey JJ how about doing some more stories on the crime problem in DTJC.

Too many businesses and developers in bed with reporters... they keep these stories hush, hush to give the illusion that crime is only happening elsewhere.

If you notice all the crime stories in the JJ this week are supposedly only happening in BL. Which is an area downtown businesses, politicians, and developers fear because it has become a place of interest to many renters and home buyers.

They love keeping downtown stories buried or not even reported, black on black crime in BL and GV sells newspapers, not some women downtown getting her purse snatched.

Yesterday there was a shoot out in the gated community of Society Hill where over 10 gun shots rang out and not one story in JJ. Complexes Like Dixon Mills & Society Hill take out large ads in JJ to attract new home buyers and renters. ... It just would be a developers worst nightmare to have stories of robbery, chain snatching, & car jacking's printed right next to their development advertisements?....typical.

Posted on: 2012/8/27 14:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Hey JJ how about doing some more stories on the crime problem in DTJC.

It seems you only print stuff when someone is caught in the act of committing a crime in DTJC.

(Man caught breaking into DTJC cars. Gold chain snatcher caught on DTJC street)

If you read some of the threads and posts on JClist there IS crime in DTJC, yet it is never in the JJ.

Or is the JCPD and Healy admin telling you to keep it quiet, like the burb newspapers do?

Posted on: 2012/8/27 11:52

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/9/20 23:11
Group:
Registered Users
Woman just (10pm) robbed of her purse by 3 black male teens on Bright between Jersey and Varick...they had a gun and left towards the Pathmark.

Posted on: 2012/8/27 2:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
well that's disconcerting. hope the person is fine. be careful out there.

Posted on: 2012/8/27 0:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Robbery on Wednesday, August 22 at about 1:15 pm. Young hispanic male, very neatly dressed approached 3 neighbors standing in front of a home on Congress St. between Summit Ave & Kennedy Blvd. He asked for directions then leaned towards one of the women & snatched a gold heart with diamond from her neck. He escaped in a waiting grey Honda Civic parked on the corner of Pierce Ave & Congress St.

Posted on: 2012/8/26 18:38

Armed robbery on 5th btwn Erie & Jersey late Friday night
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Just saw this posted on Facebook:

NOTICE

On Friday evening at approx. 10:30pm a neighbor was robbed at gunpoint by 3 teenagers ranging in age between 12 and 17 yrs old on 5th St between Erie and Jersey.

If you saw anything or have a security camera in this area, please check the tape.

JCPD# (201) 547-5477

Posted on: 2012/8/26 18:18

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017