Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
101 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 101

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 9 »

Re: Dan Levin in talks to run with Healy
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/18 17:32
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JTaylor wrote:
From The Jersey City Reporter, October 21 / Al Sullivan : Between The Lines.
"A shock to the Fulop campaign - Dan Levin's decision to run for the Ward E City Council seat in Jersey City, on the ticket led by Mayor Jerramiah Healy, has Hudson County abuzz, not only because the former rivals in the last mayoral election appear to be such an odd couple, but also because Levin may have enough clout to win the seat in the heart of Councilman Fulop's power base."

Isn't it already clear that Levin doesn't have the clout to win? That's why he's gambling that the money and votes he gets from Healy will finally put him over the top for something.

He's also hoping - vainly, I think - that this political deal won't cost him too many of his former supporters. I'm sure Dan thinks that his supporters will be loyal to him personally rather than to the reform agenda he has - what's the word: soiled? battered? abandoned? - by sucking up to Healy.

The few partisans who post here (on both sides) are not a good indication. So try talking to downtown residents, like Dan should have done before making the leap. Based on the people I've talked to, Dan Levin has taken his good government "brand" and crashed it into a Team Healy billboard.

The full article is at: Al Sullivan's column.

Posted on: 2012/10/22 16:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/5 14:16
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

T-Bird wrote:

I don't expect you to come back on and answer this, but in your efforts to rehabilitate the mayor, will you be asking him to return the Solomon Dwek bribe he still to this day is sitting on? Did it occur to you when you decided to seek out a spot on his ticket that you'd be printing literature partially funded by the Dwek money?

Why do I keep seeing references to Solomon Dwek?s money? Rather, wasn?t it the FBI who facilitated illegal contributions to Jeremiah?s election campaign?

That aspect of Bid Rig III didn?t seem to raise an eyebrow because so many of us already disapproved of the individuals they were targeting. How convenient. After all, it?s not like the FBI directed Shlomo to make an effort courting our beloved Steven. That's obviously part of the subjective, two-dimensional nature of American politics, but it?s no excuse to rationalize fighting bullshit with bullshit, much less forcing a troubled man to perform somebody else?s dirty work by putting his balls in a vise.

I wouldn?t call myself a Levin supporter, but implying that he?s now associated with crimes engineered through a questionable method of prosecution is downright nasty and doesn?t lend your team a particularly altruistic vibe.

Posted on: 2012/10/22 16:00

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/14 1:51
Group:
Registered Users
From The Jersey City Reporter, October 21 / Al Sullivan : Between The Lines.

"A shock to the Fulop campaign -
Dan Levin's decision to run for the Ward E City Council seat in Jersey City, on the ticket led by Mayor Jerramiah Healy, has Hudson County abuzz, not only because the former rivals in the last mayoral election appear to be such an odd couple, but also because Levin may have enough clout to win the seat in the heart of Councilman Fulop's power base."

Read more in the current Jersey City Reporter.

Posted on: 2012/10/22 15:54

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/10/18 23:11
Group:
Registered Users
When asked to provide a justification for hopping into bed with Jerramiah Healy, Dan Levin has refused to answer, except to quote Dr. Seuss.

Quote:
DanL wrote:
?You'll get mixed up, of course, as you already know. You'll get mixed up with many strange birds as you go. So be sure when you step. Step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act. Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. And never mix up your right foot with your left.? ― Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go!

No wonder they call him "the Great Communicator." In attempt to understand what Dan could have been thinking, I turned to the Great Oracle, the Dr. Seuss book Dan cites as his spiritual authority on this matter.

Dan quotes Seuss to make it appear that his great skill will enable him to take the Healy-HCDO money, and dance between their cowpies without stepping in any of them. But Dan apparently forgot the rest of the book.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes.
    You can steer yourself any direction you choose.

You'll look up and down streets. Look 'em over with care.
    About some you will say, "I don't choose to go there."

With your head full of brains and your shoes full of feet,

you're too smart to go down any not-so-good street.

Enjoy your flight of fancy Dan. Sooner or later, you'll find out you've hitched your gondola to a leaky balloon. Better get busy producing more hot air.

Resized Image

Posted on: 2012/10/22 14:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Since you've outed me, allow me to clarify. (The outing was a shrewd political hardball/tactical move by the way, not a "can't we all come together and work for the common good" kind of thing. As you like to say - I am reachable. You have my numbers, email etc. If you really wanted to make your point with me in a direct way that was aimed toward working for the good things that make Jersey City our home, you'd have gone that route.)

Now that you've acknowledged who I am, you can allow that I am extremely well positioned to comment on the 2010 BOE election and the who's and why's of the outcome. Not sure how you are being "edited out" of anything - I just take strong exception to (what reads to me as) your claim of credit for the 2010 BOE campaign. You and I both know that while you were certainly involved, it was a team effort - a team of which you were one of several dozen. Conveniently, just as today, someone else provided the money to run that campaign. You had no problem working with a team to get Carol elected on someone else's dime and yet seek to take credit for it afterward, just as you seem to have no problem taking Healy's money this time around. I don't expect you to come back on and answer this, but in your efforts to rehabilitate the mayor, will you be asking him to return the Solomon Dwek bribe he still to this day is sitting on? Did it occur to you when you decided to seek out a spot on his ticket that you'd be printing literature partially funded by the Dwek money?

I doubt voters care about my role in the campaign, although you are mistaken if you think I am making personal attacks on you. I am challenging your framing of facts - that's what happens in a campaign, Dan. You can't just make things up (or exaggerate them) and not expect to get called out on them. Also, your patronizing "we" tone (as in "does little to demonstrate why we should entrust the future of the city...") is equally presumptive and concerning. Additionally, if you are speaking for some group you seek to represent, you'd do well not to speak down to them ("We bucked the mindset of downtown.") That "Dad knows best" thing is very off-putting. Just food for thought.

John

Quote:

DanL wrote:
John / Team F campaign manager -

rewriting history or better said editing me out of the picture does little to demonstrate why we should entrust the future of the city to the candidates you are managing.

Posted on: 2012/10/19 2:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/13 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

crockofsomething wrote:Dan's advertising that he wanted the mayor to court him was a crock.

Dan's date on the park bench with Jerramiah Healy is a crock.

Dan's spin on the whole thing is a crock.

And, while you and most of his fans are unlikely to admit it, I think you know it.

+1

Posted on: 2012/10/19 1:40

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

DanL wrote:
rewriting history or better said editing me out of the picture...

People ask him to explain how he made the jump from "Healy's got to go" to "The Mayor's doing a great job and we can work together." No answer.

People ask him to explain how he expects to keep his integrity while "dealing with the devil." No answer.

People accuse him of being a political opportunist. No answer.

People make funny pictures of him, suggest he has some ego-issues. No answer.

But as soon as someone suggests he's not as great as his press release claims - Look out! He's back! And claiming that he's being edited out of the picture, when the picture is drawn more accurately than his spin-art version.

OK, show of hands... Who thinks it was Dan's campaign managing that put Carol Lester on the school board in 2010?

Same for Vidya Gangadin. As an standalone candidate managed by Dan, in 2011 she pulled 1485 votes, less than 1/3 the votes needed for election. As a Parents for Progress candidate in 2012, she received 4220 votes. Wherever did those extra votes come from?

In fact, Vidya running citywide in the 2012 school board election on the P4P ticket gained 2000 votes more than Dan did running citywide in the 2012 general election, even though twice as many people voted in the election Dan lost.

Over the years Dan Levin helped change get off the ground. But he hasn?t been able to carry it through. To think that an allegiance with Jerry "Official #4" Healy will somehow catapult Dan to a new level of influence and ability is... wait for it... a crock.

Dan has been successful in the past by identifying issues and working in the same direction as others with a reform agenda. What's Jerry Healy's "reform agenda," Dan? I think I know.

It's a crock.

Posted on: 2012/10/18 23:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/7/30 1:08
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
John / Team F campaign manager -

rewriting history or better said editing me out of the picture does little to demonstrate why we should entrust the future of the city to the candidates you are managing.

if your campaign plan is to make personal attacks on candidates like myself that fortunately, many, many people know to be NOT true, then we all lose. the campaign and election will be over and most of us will still be here. we'll try to come back together and keep working on all the good things that make Jersey City our home. Will you?

Dan

Quote:

T-Bird wrote:

Dan - Unless you were involved in a school board campaign elsewhere in 2010, I think all involved in the JC 2010 BOE election would take exception with your claim. As for Vidya, she ran with you in 2011 and lost. She ran with the support of Parents for Progress in 2012 and won, roughly tripling her vote total in the process (1,485 in 2011; 4,220 in 2012.) All mindset bucking and heat taking aside, that is a pretty contorted recounting of history.

Posted on: 2012/10/18 14:46

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JTaylor wrote:
What a disgraceful comment by COS against Dan Levin.

Disgraceful? What do you find disgraceful? Agreeing that Dan has inflated his resume? Insinuating that his embrace of Healy has more to do with his ego than the best interests of downtown? Yet you don't find it disgraceful that Dan would do a 180 on Healy, the poster boy for government incompetence and corruption?

JTaylor, you joined this forum 8/22 and have made 6 posts, all in this thread, all pro-Dan. You're a Dan-fan and like what he's doing. Good for you. I have also made 6 posts in this thread, all anti-Dan. I don't like what he's doing, because he's giving aid and comfort to the enemy of good government.

I'm not here to fluff for Dan, or Candace, or Steve and CERTAINLY NOT Jerry. I'm going to call "crock" when I see it.

Dan's advertising that he wanted the mayor to court him was a crock.

Dan's date on the park bench with Jerramiah Healy is a crock.

Dan's spin on the whole thing is a crock.

And, while you and most of his fans are unlikely to admit it, I think you know it.

Posted on: 2012/10/18 13:06

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/5/9 5:04
Group:
Registered Users
Jerramiah, I am your father.

Resized Image[/quote]

Posted on: 2012/10/18 0:44

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/14 1:51
Group:
Registered Users
What a disgraceful comment by COS against Dan Levin.

Posted on: 2012/10/17 23:20

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

After managing a successful school board campaign in 2010... , the next year in 2011 along with a few other active public school parents, I worked with and supported a public school parent leader... Elected this past spring 2012, she joined the school board and was instrumental in bringing our new superintendent to Jersey City.

Dan Levin must be a political genius! He turns around the school board, and Steve Fulop takes all the heat.

Sometimes you see a resume like this. You get the sense that they're somehow connected to the thing they cite, but the claim of accomplishment is inflated beyond the realm of reality.

"Key member of mission-critical team which generated over $100m in revenue." Eventually you figure out they were an accounts receivable clerk.

Dan, your over-inflated ego is showing.

Posted on: 2012/10/17 21:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JPhurst wrote:
Dan was a supporter of Carol Lester (individually) in 2010

The same can be said of hundreds of others, each of whom was instrumental in Carol's ultimate success. However, it's a long road from "supporter" to claiming responsibility for the win - and the way he words it, it's not even clear that he is only taking credit for Carol, since she ran on a slate of three candidates. That is what I take issue with.

Posted on: 2012/10/17 19:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/23 17:09
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah, that's not what I was saying.

Dan doesn't have to work with. I was offering a counter point to Yvonne's. Neither is any less valid. It's how you look at the situation and what you priorities are.

I think flooding issues are very important to ward E and that you don't have to be a council person to be involved. Dan doesn't have to come to me, but I also don't hear him on the issue nor at the meetings.

Yvonne sees Dan as consistently being at meetings and being outspoken. Where as she will tell you she has seen Candice at any.

But yeah, it would have been nice to see Dan reach out although it is not required. If you didn't notice, I fully endorsed Dan for Council in the last election very publicly and I'd like to think I got him some new votes here and there. I reached out to him to say we should talk, I think he definitely should consult with me as a leader of the Hilltop Neighborhood when he makes remarks without merit (outright bashing the current administration about two months ago) about my neighborhood without knowing the facts.. yeah that's going to rub me the wrong way.

There are times I support the current administration for things they do very right. The fact is there are a lot of very hard working and passionate people that work for the City.

My issue on this thread is the justification of why Dan says he is running on the Healy ticket. I'm not worried about people voting for either Candice or Dan... vote for who you think is going to represent your best interests and priorities. I just think that Dan shot himself in the foot by joining the Healy ticket and I find his justifications painful and strange.

Proudly stating you bucked the views of downtown... address that Josh. If you want a community to vote for you you don't tell them you will represent them by bucking their views. That must be a political strategy to buck all political strategies. I didn't state Dan doesn't listen to the community, he did! Does that mean Dan is his own Franklin Walker fanatic? Read his letter Josh, it's there... his words, not mine.

I'm still voting for you Josh. You make me roll on the floor laughing.

Quote:

JPhurst wrote:
Dan was a supporter of Carol Lester (individually) in 2010 and supported Vidya in 2011, along with several other parents. It is fair to say that Fulop's turnout operation (oh, excuse me, "community support") is what probably got them elected.

Dan was not the only supporter of Vidya in 2011, and many people who supported her felt that the "community group" jumped the gun on endorsements in 2011, although to be fair Vidya entered the race late. And although this was not enough to get her elected in 2011 I believe it did influence the panel when she was selected by Parents for Progress in 2012.

But Candice is the team player, not Dan, because Candice (a declared Fulop organizer and supporter), consults with Althea (a former Fulop staffer and continued supporter), while Dan doesn't consult with Fulop's former staffer. Riiiiiiiiight.

The people attacking Dan on the grounds that he's now a team player eerily remind me of the people who were attacking the Superintendent search and demanding the appointment of Franklin Walker. "You haven't listened to the community" is really more "You haven't listened to me."

Posted on: 2012/10/17 18:41
soshin: Mention guns and bd pops up through a hole in the ground like a heavily armed meercat

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I'm voting for you Mr. JPhurst. It's because of the hat. However, I can't guarantee my vote, should say someone with balloons comes along. I mean they're balloons, who doesn't love balloons?

Posted on: 2012/10/17 17:02
soshin: Mention guns and bd pops up through a hole in the ground like a heavily armed meercat

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 0:04
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Althea wrote:

And there is no way that you will be making your choice based on stupid posts on the JC List. We are soooo on to you.

Really?

If you're on to me, then you must be ahead of me. Because I don't know what I'm going to do.

Ok, I admit it, you got me. Everyone knows damn well that JPhurst votes for the candidate that provides the best food at events. Open bar is a plus, too.

So don't worry about stupid posts on jclist. It's not like a cultlike following combined with insults on other good people could turn anyone off.

Do continue.

Posted on: 2012/10/17 15:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
Dan was a supporter of Carol Lester (individually) in 2010 and supported Vidya in 2011, along with several other parents. It is fair to say that Fulop's turnout operation (oh, excuse me, "community support") is what probably got them elected.

Dan was not the only supporter of Vidya in 2011, and many people who supported her felt that the "community group" jumped the gun on endorsements in 2011, although to be fair Vidya entered the race late. And although this was not enough to get her elected in 2011 I believe it did influence the panel when she was selected by Parents for Progress in 2012.

But Candice is the team player, not Dan, because Candice (a declared Fulop organizer and supporter), consults with Althea (a former Fulop staffer and continued supporter), while Dan doesn't consult with Fulop's former staffer. Riiiiiiiiight.

The people attacking Dan on the grounds that he's now a team player eerily remind me of the people who were attacking the Superintendent search and demanding the appointment of Franklin Walker. "You haven't listened to the community" is really more "You haven't listened to me."

Posted on: 2012/10/17 15:38

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/11 20:22
Group:
Registered Users
Dan Levin is quoted as saying
Quote:
I am firmly committed to an established set of public values and goals that I believe can be achieved by working with the incumbent mayor...

Really? Really???

What values does "the incumbent mayor" represent?

How can you go from campaigning for his recall to "we can work together"???

Unreal.

Posted on: 2012/10/17 15:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
RIght, that's the point T-bird is making. Dan Levin didn't get a win for Vidya, a strong community group and the endorsement of Fulop got Vidya the win. I think the objection is that Dan is trying to show that his effort is what got Vidya in place. It didn't.

The part of the email that confuses me is the "We bucked the mindset of the downtown community" part. You want to represent downtown but at the same time you are willing to say I will go against what the community wants because I know what is best? Honestly he sounds like Mariano Vega.

I get that he is trying to show he had vision and is a team member, but I think this statement is a little off putting if you are claiming to run for an office that represents the area.

Vidya won on her own merits and as part of a team that Dan only joined later. Further more, he is equating Vidya and other grassroots community activists and efforts with Healy. He's "bucking" the system once again by getting votes from Healy rather than the community? He's even parroting some of the lines Guy Catrillo used when running against Steve in 2009... Steve isn't a team player, I am.

Sorry, it's creepy and I don't buy it. Absolutely fascinating to watch though.

Quote:

tern wrote:
T-Bird wrote:
> As for Vidya, she ran with you in 2011 and lost. She ran
> with the support of Parents for Progress in 2012 and
> won, roughly tripling her vote total in the process (1,485
> in 2011; 4,220 in 2012.)

Which just goes to show the importance of running on a strong slate in local elections.

Vidya was the same person in 2012 as 2011, she presumably didn't change any of her views, she just joined a slate that helped her get elected.

Robin.

Posted on: 2012/10/17 14:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/18 1:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
T-Bird wrote:
> As for Vidya, she ran with you in 2011 and lost. She ran
> with the support of Parents for Progress in 2012 and
> won, roughly tripling her vote total in the process (1,485
> in 2011; 4,220 in 2012.)

Which just goes to show the importance of running on a strong slate in local elections.

Vidya was the same person in 2012 as 2011, she presumably didn't change any of her views, she just joined a slate that helped her get elected.

Robin.

Posted on: 2012/10/17 14:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

After managing a successful school board campaign in 2010, the next year in 2011 along with a few other active public school parents, I worked with and supported a public school parent leader from another part of Jersey City, one with a professional background and the daily experience of actually sending her children to our public schools. We bucked the mindset of the downtown community then and took a lot of heat for our efforts. Elected this past spring 2012, she joined the school board and was instrumental in bringing our new superintendent to Jersey City.

Dan - Unless you were involved in a school board campaign elsewhere in 2010, I think all involved in the JC 2010 BOE election would take exception with your claim. As for Vidya, she ran with you in 2011 and lost. She ran with the support of Parents for Progress in 2012 and won, roughly tripling her vote total in the process (1,485 in 2011; 4,220 in 2012.) All mindset bucking and heat taking aside, that is a pretty contorted recounting of history.

Posted on: 2012/10/17 3:02

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/10/16 23:08
Group:
Registered Users
Here's what Dan Levin says about it in an email to supporters and former supporters sent today.

Dan Levin to run with Mayor Jerramiah Healy

A little over three years ago, my wife and I moved our children into our local neighborhood public school. We took what was perceived as a risk and received a lot of scrutiny from our downtown community. Our children thrived at PS 37 and now with our oldest at MS 4, not just educationally, but socially. Our children are developing into strong students and building their own relationships in our community.

After managing a successful school board campaign in 2010, the next year in 2011 along with a few other active public school parents, I worked with and supported a public school parent leader from another part of Jersey City, one with a professional background and the daily experience of actually sending her children to our public schools. We bucked the mindset of the downtown community then and took a lot of heat for our efforts. Elected this past spring 2012, she joined the school board and was instrumental in bringing our new superintendent to Jersey City.

Now, I am running for the Ward E council seat alongside Mayor Healy, perhaps again surprising our downtown community. While I have disagreed with him on some high profile issues over the years and this move may initially appear to be politically risky, I am firmly committed to an established set of public values and goals that I believe can be achieved by working with the incumbent mayor on behalf of the residents of not just downtown, but Jersey City as a whole. As your Council representative, I believe that there are numerous ways that we can work together to stabilize taxes, address public safety concerns, contribute to improving public education, create more public spaces and provide a much better quality of life for all residents.

Posted on: 2012/10/16 23:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/16 18:32
Group:
Registered Users
I think it is no surprise that many people were taken aback by this announcement. I'm sure Dan had his reasons for throwing himself in with Healy, but haven't we all been told by our moms that we will be judged by what sort of people we hang out with? Also, if you lie down with dogs, you will get up with fleas....

This election willbe interesting for sure.

Posted on: 2012/10/16 1:07

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/10/16 23:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

DarthL wrote:
Resized Image

LOL!

Nobody I know believes Dan has suddenly become corrupt. But his flip-flop on Healy's record and into Healy's camp is disturbing. I would like to hear Dan himself give an answer on that.

Posted on: 2012/10/16 0:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I don't think Yvonne would ever try to smear anyone. I think that she was merely pointing out that here is someone she sees all the time sticking up for people. She has a right to that no matter how much the lawyer in you pokes holes in her logic.

And there is no way that you will be making your choice based on stupid posts on the JC List. We are soooo on to you.

Hang tight Yvonne and see you the next time I'm at a council meeting (or more likely Planning Board meeting). Thank you for all that you do.

Quote:

JPhurst wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
T-Bird, that picture was taken in 2010 when 300 people packed city hall over a massive tax increase. I did videotape that meeting but I did not include Candice in the final cut.

Oh, so wait a second. You DID know that Candice spoke at council meetings. You just edited it out, and then claimed you were unaware of any meetings that she spoke at.

I think I will give my vote to the candidate whose supporters are the least idiotic in their smears of the other side.

Or the least amount of "own goals" if you will.

Posted on: 2012/10/15 2:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
No, she's been at many meetings. She's just not on your radar. If Dan Levin weren't in the mix, Candice is someone that you would very much like and have confidence in running. You just like Dan a great deal and he has made his presence known to you. He has been very involved and attended plenty of meetings as well as run for office several times.

I like that Candice sought me out and wanted to know about the flooding issues and what was being done about our aging sewer system. She got involved and informed. To me this is far more important than going to every council meeting. People are losing their homes and I was grateful for Candice's help and support. Dan never reached out or got involved and he knows exactly where to find me. The reporter doing a story on Hurricane Irene a year later called the mayor's office and they knew nothing about what was being done. I knew the story inside out because I attend the JCMUA meetings and call the various departments and agencies.

So I think we all have certain things that we prioritize and issues we follow. I know Dan has spoken out against issues in my area and made blanket statements about things I had wished he had more knowledge about than a council meeting where you really don't learn all that much. I wished that he had done his homework before being so vocal.

So you see this is where I am coming from. Candice reaches out and works with people. She wants to know what is going on and listen to the community first before just screaming the City is selling us short again.

From my perspective they both obviously care. Dan going corrupt is simply not even in question here, sorry... it's not. Him getting plated by the Healy team by them making him feel heard and important... well that doesn't speak well for him, but some may very well read that as Dan willing to fall on the sword for the slim chance that they are being sincere with him for the first time in how many years?

Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I did not make the connection until I saw the picture on her flyer at Fulop fundraiser (Yes, I attended). Since my show is only 30 minutes, I chose interesting speakers and unfortunately, she didn't make the cut. The public speaking lasted several hours and many people spoke ,over thirty. It was the first time I saw Esther Wintner and she made an impression so she made the cut. Sorry, if you make one appearance at a meeting when hundred gathered, then you don't make an impression. I also want to say I wasn't the only one videotapping, Candice didn't the cut in their videos too.

Posted on: 2012/10/15 2:15

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/18 17:32
Group:
Registered Users
I hate to distract from this thread's true subject, i,e, ripping Dan a new one alternating with attempts to explain the unexplainable.

But I was at the meeting in question, and I remember Candace Osborne speaking clearly, personally (about her stake in Jersey City and her son's future), and with well-reasoned points.

Of course everyone remembers Esther, who was passionate in her attack on Healy and his cronies for their mismanagement of the city. (I am waiting for her passionate defense of the same when she joins Healy's ticket as is rumored.)

Ms. Balcer, if you go back to the videotape, I think you will find that Candace's words will wear well. They may not have made much of an impression on you. There was certainly less bluster than others. But they made an impression on me.

Posted on: 2012/10/15 2:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
I did not make the connection until I saw the picture on her flyer at Fulop fundraiser (Yes, I attended). Since my show is only 30 minutes, I chose interesting speakers and unfortunately, she didn't make the cut. The public speaking lasted several hours and many people spoke ,over thirty. It was the first time I saw Esther Wintner and she made an impression so she made the cut. Sorry, if you make one appearance at a meeting when hundred gathered, then you don't make an impression. I also want to say I wasn't the only one videotapping, Candice didn't the cut in their videos too.

Posted on: 2012/10/14 18:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
T-Bird, that picture was taken in 2010 when 300 people packed city hall over a massive tax increase. I did videotape that meeting but I did not include Candice in the final cut.

Oh, so wait a second. You DID know that Candice spoke at council meetings. You just edited it out, and then claimed you were unaware of any meetings that she spoke at.

I think I will give my vote to the candidate whose supporters are the least idiotic in their smears of the other side.

Or the least amount of "own goals" if you will.

Posted on: 2012/10/14 16:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/10 19:14
Group:
Registered Users
One thing is for sure this town has a ton of rinky-dink graphic designers.

Posted on: 2012/10/14 14:18

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 9 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017