Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
105 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 105

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 9 »

Re: Dan Levin in talks to run with Healy
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/5/19 16:52
Group:
Registered Users
Dan Levin's warped narrative? Sour grapes? Strong language from a former Fulop employee.

Posted on: 2012/10/11 2:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Althea wrote:

[Pinkowitz - Don't make me slap that popcorn out of your hands]

LOL!! You know that popcorn was for my favorite Olive Oil.

Posted on: 2012/10/11 2:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/23 17:09
Group:
Registered Users
Ah, but Otis, I do know you and you know me. I am no troll. And I am certainly not the lap dog person that Dan tries to make out those who surround Fulop.

I've been around awhile and I have worked inside and outside the system and with many different activists throughout the City. I'm sure you remember me from our days at the Montgomery street dog run, all 13 months of those.

I'm not a troll, I'm not a yes person. I have been involved in almost every major issue in Ward E. I work really hard to fix problems and bring people and agencies together.

I don't agree with you on this and my time spent as an activist and how much I have done is not just something you can blow off. The fact that Levin has suddenly flipped the narrative to start railing against Steve as the bad guy who can't work with anyone really is incredibly insulting to all of us that work hard on the issues and underlying problems.

Let it be known that I have gone head to head on many issues with Fulop. I've disagreed and argued my side and in the end sometimes I have been wrong, sometimes right, and sometimes it was just a different way of getting to a goal. In the end, it always made for a better product.

I disagree with Dan Levin's warped narrative. It's sour grapes all the way. Steve is a person that surrounds himself with very strong, independent, and passionate doers who have no problem voicing their opinions.

[Pinkowitz - Don't make me slap that popcorn out of your hands]

Posted on: 2012/10/11 2:02
soshin: Mention guns and bd pops up through a hole in the ground like a heavily armed meercat

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Right on cue came a great example at tonight's council meeting why the Levin/Healy pairing is doomed:

Tonight the council considered a massive zoning change to Liberty Harbor North that will allow buildings to rise as high as 55 stories and increase the number of residents by considerably. The beneficiaries of this upzoning are the owners of the Tramz hotel site (who are being granted a large increase to their prior approval) by the fact that their site would be worth a whole lot more. Tramz and the folks to whom they are flipping their property (Fischer Brothers) have all been significant contributors to Healy over a several year period.

If the old Dan Levin were still alive, he would have supported the Van Vorst Community Association in their opposition as they stood up against the zoning change. The new go along, get along Dan Levin sat at the council meeting in silence with the business administrator.

Posted on: 2012/10/11 1:39

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
HAH! Well, I guess you are naive or I am jaded. Find me a ballot from the last 22 years where the incumbent and/or his slate are below the second line and I will write out the check to St. Lucy's.

Posted on: 2012/10/11 0:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/19 17:53
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

OneOBall wrote:
Fail. If you think the random drawings for placement are random, you have no business discussing JC politics. http://www.gracevanvorst.org/ministries/article39917c290881.htm

WoW, so your saying that there is no Random drawing,Which could only mean that they Cheat.
Is that how you know Healy will be on Top.Are you OK with that,is Dan.Please Explain?

Posted on: 2012/10/11 0:48

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Fail. If you think the random drawings for placement are random, you have no business discussing JC politics. http://www.gracevanvorst.org/ministries/article39917c290881.htm

Posted on: 2012/10/11 0:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

r_pinkowitz wrote:
Quote:

OneOBall wrote:
?

Also, why won't you identify yourself? What are you hiding?

Resized Image

Pinky please explain to otis how the line works in may elections.Maybe he will listen to you.

Posted on: 2012/10/11 0:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
[quote]

As to the ballot lines, you must be well aware that whomever is on Healy's team will almost certainly be listed first for their position.[quote]

Why would this be? Why will Healy even be listed first?
They draw names out of a barrel like the lottery.
Once for Mayor,Once for at large and ward races last.
Call the city,Call Dan,go on line.
Please send my winnings to St Lucy homeless shelter.

Posted on: 2012/10/11 0:34

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
My name is Otis Ball. If you had bothered to read the thread you are commenting on, you would know my name and my history.

As to the ballot lines, you must be well aware that whomever is on Healy's team will almost certainly be listed first for their position.

As for dinner, you can donate the cost of my meal to the Grace breakfast program. http://www.gracevanvorst.org/ministries/article39917c290881.htm

Posted on: 2012/10/11 0:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

OneOBall wrote:
?

Resized Image

Posted on: 2012/10/11 0:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

OneOBall wrote:
Tickets always run on the same line. Healy will almost certainly be top line. So why would you say Dan would run on a different line?

One Ball (is that painfull) Non partisan munincipal elections are not run that way.All mayoral candidates are on one line.
Next line has Council at Large and the next line has the ward candidates. None of them line up with each other unless the clerk draws their names during ballot selection.Did they forget to tell dan that.

Tell you what,call bob byrne at the clerks office and ask
201-547-2000.
If i'm wrong i'll buy you dinner,we can discuss JC Politics.

Can you say Con job?

Posted on: 2012/10/11 0:16

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Tickets always run on the same line. Healy will almost certainly be top line. So why would you say Dan would run on a different line?

Posted on: 2012/10/11 0:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

OneOBall wrote:
I didn't catch your first name, Mr. Rogers. What ward do you live in?

Also, your information is incorrect.

Mr oneball , My name is fred.Don't you know me from the nieghborhood? What information is incorrect?

Posted on: 2012/10/11 0:01

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I didn't catch your first name, Mr. Rogers. What ward do you live in?

Also, your information is incorrect.

Posted on: 2012/10/10 23:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

OneOBall wrote:
Hey cocpele,

I thought I had explained this, but I will go over it again.

Dan Levin has run for both council and mayoral positions, albeit unsuccessfully, twice. He has put his time and money into both runs. He has ended up in debt.

I have known Dan for over 20 years. Dan is not a wealthy man. He is doing this because he has that rare call to serve that very few of us actually follow up on. And yet he has not folded. I had enough after two years on the board of my neighborhood association. Local politics in general is a headache and heartache. Dan Levin still perseveres.

He could run another campaign as an independent, be listed on the bottom of the ballot and lose. As someone who knows him, respects him and wants him to win, well ... the best intentions etc.

Here's how it works. He joins the Healy ticket and he's likely on the top line of the ballot. Which is a HUGE deal. He might even get some HCDO money. What little there is.

If you think Dan Levin has compromised any of his positions for this, you don't know Dan Levin and you aren't following local politics. The HCDO is near collapse. This is how politics works.

I know it's been said, many times, many ways, but politics make strange bedfellows. I know Dan Levin. I want him to represent me in any capacity he cares to. 22 years in Ward E and he is the only candidate that I trust implicitly. I don't expect people to take my word for it. They shouldn't. But if you take this strategic positioning as a political or moral collapse, you don't know Dan Levin.

Otis you Should stop telling other people they know nothing about politics and look in the mirror.

There is no line.He will be in his own colum with candidates running for ward E.
Healy could be in row A and Dan could be in Row F.
Thats why an Independent Can win. This is not a primary or even a general election where you run as a team on one line.
So the only thing Dan gets is extra mailers paid for with Healy money.

Heally people will not work hard for Dan,they just want to use him for cover.Really Funny part is that Levin actually had a shot running as an independent.

Posted on: 2012/10/10 23:43

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/14 1:51
Group:
Registered Users
Dan Levin will bring the highest standards of ethical and transparent government to the JC City Council. The postings on this thread by Tom Bertolli questioning Dan's integrity are laughable.

Posted on: 2012/10/10 22:57

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/3/29 2:56
Group:
Registered Users
I get it, Otis and I'm not sure what I would do. For the record, I don't care that Levin is on the Healy ticket. I just like discussing things.

Posted on: 2012/10/10 22:45

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
In a perfect world, I would love it if he could run as an independent and win in a clean sweep. In a perfect world, he would. But in a corrupt land where patronage and money rule the game, he doesn't stand a chance.

I understand the rage at his decision. If I didn't know him personally, I would feel the same way. But I do know him. Dan ran two campaigns that way. He has been backed into the corner of running another losing campaign or putting his name on a ticket that must be killing him, but might actually put him into office, where he can finally make a difference.

What would you do?

Posted on: 2012/10/10 22:33

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks, Otis. You had explained before and I understand where you are coming from. I, admittedly, don't know Dan Levin, Steve Fulop, Mayor Healy or any of those on the tickets. Maybe that lack of personal knowledge is where the disconnect happens. Based on previous actions I don't expect Mayor Healy to all of a sudden become squeaky clean. Based on previous statements I'd never think Levin would run with Healy. Strange bedfellows as you stated. Albeit in this case prior to getting into bed together one guy asked the other guy to leave the bed then asked if wanted to cuddle

Posted on: 2012/10/10 22:27

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Hey cocpele,

I thought I had explained this, but I will go over it again.

Dan Levin has run for both council and mayoral positions, albeit unsuccessfully, twice. He has put his time and money into both runs. He has ended up in debt.

I have known Dan for over 20 years. Dan is not a wealthy man. He is doing this because he has that rare call to serve that very few of us actually follow up on. And yet he has not folded. I had enough after two years on the board of my neighborhood association. Local politics in general is a headache and heartache. Dan Levin still perseveres.

He could run another campaign as an independent, be listed on the bottom of the ballot and lose. As someone who knows him, respects him and wants him to win, well ... the best intentions etc.

Here's how it works. He joins the Healy ticket and he's likely on the top line of the ballot. Which is a HUGE deal. He might even get some HCDO money. What little there is.

If you think Dan Levin has compromised any of his positions for this, you don't know Dan Levin and you aren't following local politics. The HCDO is near collapse. This is how politics works.

I know it's been said, many times, many ways, but politics make strange bedfellows. I know Dan Levin. I want him to represent me in any capacity he cares to. 22 years in Ward E and he is the only candidate that I trust implicitly. I don't expect people to take my word for it. They shouldn't. But if you take this strategic positioning as a political or moral collapse, you don't know Dan Levin.

Posted on: 2012/10/10 22:13

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Otis,
I think the issue most have is that Levin comes across as shady/untrustworthy regardless of his reason(s) for joining the Healy ticket. Follow me for a second to see if you see how someone might think this.

Let's assume
1. Dan is joining the ticket simply for his own political gain. People have a hard time seeing Levin on Healy's ticket since it was Levin who stomped on City Hall's grass/stairs asking for Healy's resignation due to his corrupt crew. Makes the level of trust people have for him sink at a rapid rate. He would be joining those he so loudly denounced at a previous time. As a voter, many people's first thought would be "what else has Dan Levin previously said that he'll completely do an about face on in the future for his own gain?" Granted, Levin never said he would stay away from a Healy ticket, but one would assume such from his calls for resignation.

2. Dan is playing political mercenary and plans to slowly unravel the Healy regime from the inside. Also untrustworthy given the fact that most (all) people running a ticket wouldn't add a person to their ticket if they thought their goal was to take down the machine they had built over time. In this scenario, those railing against Dan for joining the ticket would be happy he did so because it would help their end goal of taking down Healy. However, it doesn't make the decision (to run on Healy's ticket) any less shady. Basically, Healy isn't adding Dan to the ticket thinking "I'm gonna put this guy on here because he plans to undermine my machine".

So either way Dan is compromising his morals, no?

1. He's turning his back to all those that were with him calling for Healy's resignation.

2. He's joining a ticket to hopefully help dismantle its stranglehold on JC politics. That's untrustworthy to the folks on that ticket.

Posted on: 2012/10/10 21:52

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
How am I contradicting myself?

Also. "your" should be "you're". Your level of education is clear.

Posted on: 2012/10/10 21:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Otis,your guy is just contridicting himself as are you.
Both Dan and you want to bring down the machine but your allowing yourself to be used to keep that same machine in power.It's almost funny.

Posted on: 2012/10/10 21:45

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Hey, James Beard! I don't see any James Beards in the local directory. What is your legal name?

A whole lot of anonymous people want to jump in on this. You have to wonder who they are and what their intentions and/or paychecks might be.

Posted on: 2012/10/10 21:40

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/1 20:29
Group:
Registered Users
So, are you saying that Dan is joining the Healy machine to destroy it from the inside?

Is he working with the FBI to catch Healy accepting bribes?

Is he the next Soloman Dwek?

If so, I might have to change my mind about him

Posted on: 2012/10/10 21:36

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
What?

Posted on: 2012/10/10 21:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
OneOBall wrote: I want the machine destroyed. As does Dan.

Dan wants to destroy his own ticket? What...

Posted on: 2012/10/10 21:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 0:04
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
Otis is indeed the man.

VVPA even named their annual dinner after him!

Posted on: 2012/10/10 21:23

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
OK, Clueless Troll. Dan has run for office twice and ended up in the hole. Yet he is still running again. He has never held a government job. His Healy connection is about ballot placement. You are either a political neophyte or a paid "clueless troll".

To reiterate, I am Otis Ball. I served two years on the VVP Neighborhood Association as a member-at-large and a treasurer. The politics at that low end level were far more than I could stomach. But Dan Levin has endured.

I have lived in the same building on Mercer St since 1990 and I have worked on the ground in Ward E for 15 years. Anyone involved in local politics knows who I am. If you would care to dispute this and/or argue my credentials, tell us who you are.

At this point, I have made my case. I want the machine destroyed. As does Dan. It will not be fast or easy. It will probably be generations to unwind this monster. If you want a candidate that will walk in and dismantle it on day one, tell me how that plays out.

I have no financial interest in Dan as my councilman. I just want to start cleaning up this century-old mess.

Vote your heart, by all means. But PLEASE! If you intend to cast a ballot, know the issues and know the candidates.

Posted on: 2012/10/10 21:19

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 9 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017