Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
133 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 133

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Purchasing in downtown J.C.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/21 14:01
Group:
Banned
http://www.livingonthepark.com/availability

This list is from the website. Can't vouch for its accuracy.

Posted on: 2012/8/17 13:31

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/3/18 17:32
Group:
Registered Users
bearbear - from the last condo meeting i went to you can expect more units to slowly trickle into the market. the renters they have in some units are not being extended - so keep an eye out. i recommend contacting diana sutherlin, my agent who is like bff with the sales director there prob can show you units as they are about to come to market.

Posted on: 2012/8/17 13:05

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/4/9 19:59
Group:
Registered Users
does anyone have any thoughts on the 140 bay area? we've been looking around there & i just can't make heads or tails of what is going to happen there? right now it feels a bit desolate at times, lots of empty lots.

we've also looked at hamilton square, love the building but feels like every time a place hits the market it's gone just as quick.

Posted on: 2012/8/15 19:47

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/10/10 4:22
Group:
Registered Users
I recently bought in Paulus Hook (66 Morris) and am loving the neighborhood. If you are priced out of 77 Hudson and are willing to do a walk-up, you could try to find a re-sale at the Sun Blossom Condos on Washington Street. There is also a cool taller condo building at 105 Greene Street in a very transit-friendly location, but with prices that will probably be more doable than 77 Hudson.

Beyond Paulus Hook I am a big fan of Hamilton Park. +1 for the Hamilton Square development and its construction quality. It's not super-close to transit but the building seems very nice.

Posted on: 2012/8/13 20:17

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/3/18 17:32
Group:
Registered Users
we purchased in the Hamilton Square this Feb and LOVE it. the walls that share with other units are concrete and so are the ceilings so noise is no problem. the people, the neighborhood, everything is worth a look.

there is a lot more to talk about the place, but if you are looking around I would put it on your list of places to see.

Posted on: 2012/8/13 17:37

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/5/4 2:19
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:

The most important thing for me was sound isolation. In non-high rises, whenever someone makes some noise above you, you can hear it. I've been to almost all of the condos in JC and I can tell you that your best value without compromising quality construction and convenience is Gulls Cove. As long as views aren't that important to you, GC is a good bet.

If views, quality construction, and convenience is important, 77 hudson is your best bet. Shore club is also nice but a farther walk to the PATH. Crystal point is also worth considering but no deeded parking - I believe parking is valet.

If money is of no consequence, try and see if anything is available in sugar house lofts - probably the best condo building in all of hudson county, but definitely in jersey city.

I wish it were the case that money was no object, but... =)

I agree that any sound seeping in from my neighbors' would totally defeat the purpose of purchasing a space downtown (I already deal with this on a daily basis in my rental building and know it sucks). Aside from GC, have you had any "noise experiences" in the other buildings I noted in my initial post? I made a point to pound on all of the shared walls between units while walking through them, but that probably isn't the most foolproof way to determine whether or not I'll have to listen to my neighbors' conversations at 3 in the morning while tossing and turning in my own bed. I suppose it's the nature of the beast--living in cramped conditions sort of creates this microcosm where peace and quiet is a luxury in and of itself, but that's one "amenity" I will not budge on. I can't imagine developers being able to put up these massive buildings just to skimp on sound-proofing, but it wouldn't be the first time common sense took a backseat.

Posted on: 2012/8/13 17:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/16 12:23
Group:
Registered Users
There are also units in modern brownstone-like structures on the 3 streets perpendicular to Grand leading to Regent street and the beer garden.

Posted on: 2012/8/13 14:43

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/29 21:36
Group:
Registered Users
I am at 10 Regent in one of the units facing north (opposite side of the beer garden) on the first floor. It's very quite since I am facing the backyard of all the brownstone. No view whatsover thought :(

Posted on: 2012/8/13 14:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/27 0:25
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
I live in Paulus Hook but when I visited Gulls Cove numerous times, sound isolation was great. Can't say anything bad about sound at 10 Regent either.

10 Regent does get noise from the beer garden on weekend nights. Co-worker has a unit facing west and says noise on some weekends can be pretty obnoxious. Other than that, it's pretty quiet.

Posted on: 2012/8/13 13:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
I live in Paulus Hook but when I visited Gulls Cove numerous times, sound isolation was great. Can't say anything bad about sound at 10 Regent either.

Posted on: 2012/8/13 3:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:
someguyinjc wrote: After renting in the JSQ area for the last few years, I've finally decided to take the plunge and look for my own place. I've mostly explored newer 1BR+ construction (77 Hudson, Trump, Montgomery Greene, Crystal Point, A Condos, Shore Club, etc.) closer to the waterfront, but inventory seems to be limited. My realtor is not very pushy (a rarity), so I wanted to ask the veterans on this board if anyone knew of other similarly appointed locations that may have slipped my mind during this search. Ideally, there would be some kind of parking arrangement available and the building should be within walking distance (no more than 10 blocks) to PATH/Lt. Rail, etc. Let me know if I am straight up out of my mind. Also, specifically regarding Condo A, does anyone have any more color on this article? (http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... man_falls_to_his_de.html) Thanks in advance for all of your input!

The most important thing for me was sound isolation. In non-high rises, whenever someone makes some noise above you, you can hear it. I've been to almost all of the condos in JC and I can tell you that your best value without compromising quality construction and convenience is Gulls Cove. As long as views aren't that important to you, GC is a good bet.

If views, quality construction, and convenience is important, 77 hudson is your best bet. Shore club is also nice but a farther walk to the PATH. Crystal point is also worth considering but no deeded parking - I believe parking is valet.

If money is of no consequence, try and see if anything is available in sugar house lofts - probably the best condo building in all of hudson county, but definitely in jersey city.

How's the sound isolation at Liberty Harbor?

Posted on: 2012/8/13 3:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
someguyinjc wrote: After renting in the JSQ area for the last few years, I've finally decided to take the plunge and look for my own place. I've mostly explored newer 1BR+ construction (77 Hudson, Trump, Montgomery Greene, Crystal Point, A Condos, Shore Club, etc.) closer to the waterfront, but inventory seems to be limited. My realtor is not very pushy (a rarity), so I wanted to ask the veterans on this board if anyone knew of other similarly appointed locations that may have slipped my mind during this search. Ideally, there would be some kind of parking arrangement available and the building should be within walking distance (no more than 10 blocks) to PATH/Lt. Rail, etc. Let me know if I am straight up out of my mind. Also, specifically regarding Condo A, does anyone have any more color on this article? (http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... man_falls_to_his_de.html) Thanks in advance for all of your input!

Posted on: 2012/8/13 2:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/16 12:23
Group:
Registered Users
Liberty Harbor

Posted on: 2012/8/12 14:48

Purchasing in downtown J.C.
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/5/4 2:19
Group:
Registered Users
After renting in the JSQ area for the last few years, I've finally decided to take the plunge and look for my own place. I've mostly explored newer 1BR+ construction (77 Hudson, Trump, Montgomery Greene, Crystal Point, A Condos, Shore Club, etc.) closer to the waterfront, but inventory seems to be limited. My realtor is not very pushy (a rarity), so I wanted to ask the veterans on this board if anyone knew of other similarly appointed locations that may have slipped my mind during this search. Ideally, there would be some kind of parking arrangement available and the building should be within walking distance (no more than 10 blocks) to PATH/Lt. Rail, etc. Let me know if I am straight up out of my mind.

Also, specifically regarding Condo A, does anyone have any more color on this article? (http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... _man_falls_to_his_de.html)

Thanks in advance for all of your input!

Posted on: 2012/8/12 14:03

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017