Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
102 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 102

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: ABC news questions, is JC Police doing their jobs? Jersey City man charged with pushing ex-girlfr
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users

Mother of murdered baby targets Jersey City police in lawsuit

By Terrence T. McDonald | The Jersey Journal
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on January 09, 2017 at 9:20 AM

JERSEY CITY -- Frederico Bruno's murder of his infant son and brutal assault of the baby's mother five years ago shocked even hardened members of the city's police force.

The 19-year-old let himself into ex-girlfriend Saydee Lee Figueroa's Rutgers Avenue apartment on July 27, 2012, stabbed her roommate with a meat cleaver, then pushed Figueroa through an apartment window as she held their son, sending them three stories to the ground.

The boy, Damien, died five days later. He was three months and one day old.

Read more:  http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... jersey_city_in_lawui.html

Posted on: 2017/1/9 17:54

Re: ABC news questions, is JC Police doing their jobs? Jersey City man charged with pushing ex-girlfr
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Jersey City man sentenced to 113 years for killing 3-month-old son, trying to kill mother

By Michaelangelo Conte | The Jersey Journal The Jersey Journal
on August 06, 2015 at  1:57 PM

JERSEY CITY – The man convicted of killing his infant son and attempting to murder both the child's mother and her roommate in 2012 was sentenced to 113 years in prison today. 

"Your actions that day have convinced me that you have forfeited your right to continue to live as a free man in our society," Hudson County Superior Court Judge John Young told Frederico Bruno, 22, during today's sentencing at the Hudson County Administration Building.

Bruno was convicted on May 28 of the felony murder of his 3-month-old son, Damien Bruno, and the attempted murder of his ex-girlfriend, Saydee Lee Figueroa, as well as her roommate, Madelyn Calderon.

Read more:  http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... city_man_that_killed.html

Posted on: 2015/8/6 18:28

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/14 20:50
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Sure I will. Just give me a topic and I'll give you a scenario.

Posted on: 2015/7/19 6:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

buddyboy wrote:
It seems all interactions with the police are "silly scenarios"
when it comes to the liberals.

Care to share more idiotic scenarios?

Posted on: 2015/7/18 14:55

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
It seems all interactions with the police are "silly scenarios"
when it comes to the liberals.

Posted on: 2015/7/18 12:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Christine wrote:
Quote:

buddyboy wrote:
How about this scenario. A person knowingly walks into a
a police department knowing that they have no
warrants. They tell the cop that they believe that they
are a wanted person. While the cops tries to check if this
person is wanted they attempt to walk out of the police
department and the cop uses force to stop them. Pay day.
The cop will be charged with a civil rights violation and the
city will be sued. You can't have it both ways.

I don't see how a lawsuit against the city would prevail, if, as you say, that person knew that they were not wanted. Wouldn't it be dismissed on the basis that it was done as a ruse?

It's a silly scenario. The police are allowed to detain based on reasonable suspicion, and may hit the perp with filing a false report charge.

Posted on: 2015/7/16 13:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/7/25 7:33
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

buddyboy wrote:

I don't see how a lawsuit against the city would prevail, if, as you say, that person knew that they were not wanted. Wouldn't it be dismissed on the basis that it was done as a ruse?

Posted on: 2015/7/15 21:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/30 16:48
Group:
Registered Users
I dunno i was driving home and a car coming towards me didn't have their lights on at around 11pm. A JC squad car was right next to them and did nothing.

Posted on: 2015/7/15 4:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/7/14 20:37

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/5/12 5:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hadenough wrote:
This city is FILLED with people who make an art of dodging their job responsibilities.

The joke is that it would be easier for them to just DO what they are paid to do instead
of coming up with excuse after excuse not to.

BUT, it is tolerated...so it continues.

The corruption is so generally accepted that I think that the city no longer realizes that it is corruption.

I'm not talking about the JCPD...I'm talking about ALL OF IT!

Must say I've had the opposite experience. The more dealings I've had with public workers and officials - the more my respect for them has grown.

Posted on: 2015/5/12 0:07

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/5/15 20:50
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
This city is FILLED with people who make an art of dodging their job responsibilities.

The joke is that it would be easier for them to just DO what they are paid to do instead
of coming up with excuse after excuse not to.

BUT, it is tolerated...so it continues.

The corruption is so generally accepted that I think that the city no longer realizes that it is corruption.

I'm not talking about the JCPD...I'm talking about ALL OF IT!

Posted on: 2015/5/11 22:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Homicide trial to start for Jersey City man cops say pushed 3-month-old son out window

Jury selection will begin tomorrow in the murder trial of a 22-year-old city man charged with killing his 3-month-old son when he pushed the child and his mother out a third-story window in 2012.

Frederico Bruno is charged with the homicide of Damien Bruno, who suffered blunt force trauma and broken bones as a result of his July 27, 2012 fall from the window onto concrete in a Rutgers Avenue backyard.

Bruno, is facing 30 years to life in prison if convicted at the trial before Hudson County Superior Court Judge John Young at the county Administration building.

The 2012 attack also left Bruno's 20-year-old ex-girlfriend, Saydee Lee Figueroa, and her 21-year-old friend, Madelyn Calderon, in critical condition, but they survived. Bruno is charged with the attempted murder of both women and the felony murder of his son, who died four days after the attack.

Story

Posted on: 2015/5/11 16:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Generally speaking, Comey is full of siht and JC is littered with officers that have been found corrupt and others will in the future, drunks and some that are 'juiced' up on steriods while others are so inept, that they are a disgrace to any law enforcement service.
With a very poor history, anything said in the negative about the JCPD will in my book, seem true until proven otherwise.
Sue the city, the cops and most importantly the individuals within those departments of authority and accountability including Comey, if possible.

I feel for the decent cops out there and suggest they go to another policing department so they are not tarnished by the ass-wipes within.

Posted on: 2012/12/8 4:49
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/12 11:53
Group:
Registered Users

I am sorry T-Bird but do you hear what you are saying? In this case the JCPD dropped the ball big time. If you or your loved one was savagely attacked as this family was...you would be singing a different tune. I think its sick you would call this an "opportunity"....you do realize a 3 month old innocent child was lost, right?

Posted on: 2012/12/8 4:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
The most lucrative opportunity in JC is suing the city. They'll settle at the drop of a hat. It's the price we pay for having the law department run by a political crony.

Posted on: 2012/12/8 3:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/31 23:18
Group:
Registered Users
And it will be our taxpayers $$ paying for their negligence. Nice.

Posted on: 2012/12/8 3:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Two $15 million lawsuits against Jersey City police planned in case where mom, baby plunged 3 stories

By Michaelangelo Conte/The Jersey Journal
December 07, 2012 at 8:12 PM

The Jersey City Police Department has been served with notices of two potential $15 million lawsuits alleging cops could have prevented the death of a 3-month-old who was in his mother's arms when she was pushed from a third-floor window.

Frederico Bruno, 19, is charged with killing his son, Damien, and attempting to murder the child's mother, Saydee Lee Figueroa, 20, who was stabbed and broke bones in the fall into a Rutgers Avenue yard on July 27.

He is also charged with attempting to murder Figueroa's friend, Madelyn Calderon, 21, who authorities say was stabbed in the arm and neck with a knife and meat cleaver.

The notices of claims -- one filed by Figueroa on behalf of her child, the other filed by Calderon -- say Bruno walked into a city police station shortly before the attack and asked an officer if there was a warrant for his arrest.

He was allowed to leave, the claim says, even though there were warrants against him based on recent domestic violence charges at the Rutgers Avenue apartment.

A temporary restraining order had also been issued and the notices allege police failed to serve him with the order.

Other defendants named in the notices of claim include Police Chief Tom Comey, police investigators and Bruno.

Jersey City Counsel Bill Matsikoudis said today that he had no comment on the filings.

In August, police told The Jersey Journal that Bruno had told a friend he believed there was a warrant for his arrest on domestic violence charges and the friend convinced him to surrender. Bruno went to a police station to ask if there was a warrant the day before the fatal attack and he identified himself to an officer who asked for identification, police said.

Bruno said he had no ID and as an officer reached for a piece of paper to write down his information, Bruno walked out, Police Deputy Chief Peter Nalbach said at the time.

But the notice of claims say Bruno was told by an officer that information about whether there was a warrant was not available at the police station. He was directed to contact the Warrant Squad and then he was allowed to leave, the notices says.

The notices of claims allege the July 27 attack would not have occurred if police had done their job and arrested Bruno. In August, police told the Jersey Journal that officers had gone to a number of locations attempting to serve Bruno, but had not found him.

With the filing of the notices, Evelyn Padin, the women's attorney, now has three years to file lawsuits.

"We intend to keep all options open," Padin said last week.

Police say on the day of the attack Bruno let himself into the apartment he once shared with Figueroa and their baby, and was hiding when they returned home with Calderon.

Bruno stabbed Calderon and Figueroa multiple times as the mother may have been shielding the baby, officials said. Bruno then shoved the mother and child with such force that an air conditioner unit, Figueroa and the baby plummeted from a window, police said.

Bruno then descended the fire escape to the yard and beat Figueroa with a piece of lawn furniture before fleeing, police said. A tip led to Bruno's arrest in Belleville, police said.

Although Bruno is being held on a $1 million bail, hearings are ongoing to make permanent the TRO. A hearing to be held last week was adjourned because a mix-up resulted in Bruno not been transported to court. It was rescheduled for Jan. 4.

"As far as I'm concerned, he can rot in hell, said Figueroa's mother, Haydee Morales, after the canceled hearing.

Asked if Figueroa still feared for her life, Padin said "Absolutely. Who wouldn't?"

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... _agains.html#incart_river

Posted on: 2012/12/8 3:30

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/26 14:02
Group:
Registered Users
Shocked by a recent case of domestic violence in which a mother and her 3-month-old baby boy fell from a third-floor window, two Hudson County politicians are holding a meeting tonight to try to teach young women to make better choices when it comes to relationships.

State Sen. Sandra Cunningham and Jersey City Councilwoman at large Viola Richardson are hosting the forum ?What does love have to do with it?? at the Mary McLeod Bethune Life Center, starting at 5:30 p.m.

?When you?re young, you don?t always know the difference between love, possession and obsession,? Cunningham said yesterday. ?We want to give young women the opportunity to learn the difference between the three.?

The forum is free to the public.
The speakers will be Marcella Angatia of Women Rising; Michelle West, an educator and author; Gloria Boseman, a professor of nursing at New Jersey City University; and Antoinette Ellis Williams, a Women?s and Gender Studies professor at NJCU.
Today?s program is at the center, located at 140 Martin Luther King Drive. For more information, call (201) 451-5100.

http://www.nj.com/jjournal-news/index ... ersey_city_tonight_t.html

Posted on: 2012/9/18 19:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/27 13:13
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users
"That's not my department" is the most popular mantra in the public sector.

Posted on: 2012/8/3 15:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/31 2:51
Group:
Registered Users
Seriously?
The cop behind the desk couldn't be bothered to answer, "Well, I don't know, why don't we check? What's your name? Care for a cup of coffee? Why don't you sit down over here in this nice chair with the special bracelets."

But the cop was doing his job, according to the strictest interpretation of the minimum required duties assigned to him/her that day - to get thru another shift in hell.

Posted on: 2012/8/3 14:23

ABC news questions, is JC Police doing their jobs? Jersey City man charged with pushing ex-girlfr
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City man charged with pushing ex-girlfriend, their son out window.

JERSEY CITY (WABC) -- Some disturbing questions tonight about a disturbing story after it turns out, the man accused of pushing a woman and her baby out a third story window, walked into a police station the day before the tragedy and then walked out.

"We don't take these allegations lightly nor will we," said Jersey City Police Chief, Thomas Comey.

Comey confirmed what Eyewitness News can report exclusively, Frederico Bruno came to this police precinct the day before his alleged deadly rampage, walked right up these stairs and into the lobby.

"Exactly 3 minutes and 12 seconds he goes down the stairs," adds Comey.
The question police have been trying to answer since Friday, what happened in the 3:12 minutes and Who did Bruno talk to if anyone, and should they have run his name.

A source tells Eyewitness News that Bruno identified himself and asked if he had any outstanding warrants. He was told by an officer behind the desk to go to the warrants squad.

Bruno did have outstanding warrants. If the officer had seen that and arrested him, would Friday's horrific attack have been prevented?

"Could it be in the realm of possibility? Anything can be in the realm of possibility... Is it in the realm of probability... I highly doubt it," adds Comey.

Cheif Comey say internal affairs will Get answers. Every officer working that day there is being interviewed.

"We have yet to come up with an officer who interacted with him in this precinct doesn't mean it didn't happen this is a fairly busy precinct," he adds.ABC News

Posted on: 2012/8/2 19:46

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017