Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
101 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 101

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: the barge inn bar on monmouth street jc
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Josiered wrote:
are you talking about Abbeys bar? That place is a dump and the clientele is nothing but white trash. I wonder what goes on in there to. I walk past there at night on my walk back from the Path and the place is really sleezy. Was in there about 3 yrs. ago and it was a dump then. Cant imagine it got better over the years. I see nothing but scum walking in and out of there even at 8 pm at night. Dont know what comes out of that rat infested hole after 8?

Not abbeys...But Jesus Christ help you, you sound fakking awful.

Posted on: 2012/7/15 16:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/13 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
it's funny, last time I was there, people were actually smoking in the bar area and at resturant tables, one of our group took as there to checkout old time JC... it certainly was, of course the resturant smoking ban was in place for NJ for almost 3 years... but the word had not reached that place yet??

The JC Health Division cracked down on the smoking there a couple of years ago. They seem to smoke outside now.

Posted on: 2012/7/15 3:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
it's funny, last time I was there, people were actually smoking in the bar area and at resturant tables, one of our group took as there to checkout old time JC... it certainly was, of course the resturant smoking ban was in place for NJ for almost 3 years... but the word had not reached that place yet??

Posted on: 2012/7/14 14:53

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/4/24 16:13
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Josiered wrote:
are you talking about Abbeys bar?

No.

Posted on: 2012/7/14 3:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/1/22 3:23
Group:
Registered Users
are you talking about Abbeys bar? That place is a dump and the clientele is nothing but white trash. I wonder what goes on in there to. I walk past there at night on my walk back from the Path and the place is really sleezy. Was in there about 3 yrs. ago and it was a dump then. Cant imagine it got better over the years. I see nothing but scum walking in and out of there even at 8 pm at night. Dont know what comes out of that rat infested hole after 8?

Posted on: 2012/7/14 3:07

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/19 17:35
Group:
Registered Users
The Barge is just an old time Jersey City joint. Once you get by the tacky interior and rough-edged bar crowd, the food is usually good.

Posted on: 2012/7/14 2:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/10 14:36
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
I honestly had one of the best Shrimp Scampi that I've ever eaten at The Barge. The interior is awful and the crowd at the bar will make you want to stick a knife in your neck. But good food.

Posted on: 2012/7/14 1:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/8 15:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

cnnjc1979 wrote:
Has anyone noticed all the drugies that hang out infront of the barge inn over there ,did anybody know that they are selling drugs upstairs above the bar well they are and that the police are getting paid off for not raiding it ,the same thing for there resturant to off the corner of 3rd and monmouth st there is a lot of crap going on over there to ,they park there cars off the corners and they dont get a ticket what is going on why isnt nothing being done about this , hello wake up ,the jcpd should be doing there jobs instead of always being parked on grove by the dunkin donuts they be playing games in there police car or be on there cell phones hey police chief you need to be checking on them once in a while......

Beautifully written post.

Posted on: 2012/7/14 0:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/30 19:53
Group:
Registered Users
We've eaten there several times. Decent food. Never a bad meal. Big, big portions. But we tend to forget about it for many months at a time. So, we go maybe once or twice a year. I agree that the interior is dated. Service has always been welcoming and friendly.

but it's been made clear to us that their big late-night clientele is the PD. So the the OP story...? Not buying it.

Posted on: 2012/7/13 23:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/8 3:24
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ErinH wrote:
On another note, has anyone ever eaten there? I've read a little bit about it, but not enough to know whether it would be worth my time.

I've eaten there and will never go back. The odor alone is a turn off.

Posted on: 2012/7/13 20:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
I've walked by that place every day on my way home from work (during the normal dinner hour) and I've never seen anyone in the restaurant or going in or coming out. The menu looked rather expensive for run-of-the-mill type food. I do see the owners sitting out front socializing but they don't seem to be too interested in stimulating business.

The bar, on the other hand, seems to be a happening place and beverages have always had a higher profit margin than food anyway.

Although the restaurant doesn't seem to do much business, I have a hard time believing it's a front for anything since it does appear to take credit cards. But what do I know.

Posted on: 2012/7/13 19:58

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/14 17:51
From Chilltown
Group:
Registered Users
I believe there is another thread on the Barge Inn but the restaurant portion is great value and a lot of fun. Really nice service and I've enjoyed all my meals. The homemade limoncello is a nice touch.

Posted on: 2012/7/13 19:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
I've eaten there. It was pretty good. It was a real old school feel. Some might say dated but I say charming. Everyone there was really nice.

Posted on: 2012/7/13 19:08

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/5/1 16:29
Group:
Registered Users
On another note, has anyone ever eaten there? I've read a little bit about it, but not enough to know whether it would be worth my time.

Posted on: 2012/7/13 18:56

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/23 16:06
From Hamilton Park, Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
Go to your local block association, Captain's meeting, and also call your community police response officer. Also call you local councilman, and the 3 at large as well. After you have done that let us know what progress you have made.

But that might take effort.

Posted on: 2012/7/13 18:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/25 1:59
From here to eternity
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

cnnjc1979 wrote:
Has anyone noticed all the drugies that hang out infront of the barge inn over there ,did anybody know that they are selling drugs upstairs above the bar well they are and that the police are getting paid off for not raiding it ,the same thing for there resturant to off the corner of 3rd and monmouth st there is a lot of crap going on over there to ,they park there cars off the corners and they dont get a ticket what is going on why isnt nothing being done about this , hello wake up ,the jcpd should be doing there jobs instead of always being parked on grove by the dunkin donuts they be playing games in there police car or be on there cell phones hey police chief you need to be checking on them once in a while......
What a delightful post. Such vibrancy and unconventional use of words. This reads like an e.e. cummings poem ...

Posted on: 2012/7/13 18:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Go to your local block association, Captain's meeting, and also call your community police response officer. Also call you local councilman, and the 3 at large as well. After you have done that let us know what progress you have made.

Posted on: 2012/7/13 16:39
Get on your bikes and ride !

the barge inn bar on monmouth street jc

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/7/13 15:51
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2012/7/13 16:15

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017