Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
125 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 125

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Nab 2 suspects in car burglaries (Hamilton Park area)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Gee less than 24 hours after I posted that the ?Jersey Journal has been a little light on printing JC crime pieces? there has sadly been close to 10 reported on by the JJ.

I guess that old saying of ?be careful what you wish for (or mention in a post), it might just come true? has some teeth.

Hmmm?let me try something.

I have been a little light on CASH lately.

(I?m let you know if my wallet gets fat within 24 hours)

Posted on: 2012/7/9 20:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Hearing about the "curating" of the NJ.COM articles is very disturbing, reminiscent of the cops pushing to downgrade crimes to groom their stats. If it wasn't news, why was it in the print edition, if it WAS news, why was it expunged from the online record?

Posted on: 2012/7/8 21:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users

this was in the Friday June 22, 2012 Jersey Journal print edition. I was waiting for it to be posted on www.nj.com but it never was.

JerseyCityNj ? It was in the June 22, 2012 print version of The Jersey Journal. I saved it incase the piece was not put in www.nj.com . It never was, there are many times when a piece is in print but not online. I also have a piece about 2 young Bayonne guys getting beaten by a group of thugs in DT a few weeks ago. I will get it posted as a warning to be careful.

As for starring out the punks names I was thinking since the JJ didn?t post the piece online maybe there was a legal issue with it???? I didn?t want to be the one to give there full names. If you want the names I can PM them to you.

Take care.

Buy the (print) JJ for all of your JC news...

Posted on: 2012/7/8 21:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Two questions.... Did you rewrite the article (can't find it) and why did you cover up the last names?

Posted on: 2012/7/8 20:24

Nab 2 suspects in car burglaries (Hamilton Park area)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
(this was in the Friday June 22, 2012 Jersey Journal print edition. I was waiting for it to be posted on www.nj.com but it never was. I saw ?up on 3rd??s post and figured I would type the piece in. Maybe it will give you DTJC folks some peace of mind that JCPD is actually looking for punks that are breaking into your cars and a warning that punks are breaking into your cars. )

( I don?t know why but it seems the JJ has been light on printing JC crime pieces lately. As we all know crime has NOT slowed down in JC even after the big ?JCPD and Healy? town hall meetings. Also wouldn?t it be nice if the JCPD came through with that promised on-line real-time police crime blog? The citizens of JC would at least know what crime is happening around them (next door to them) and be able to take the proper (extra) precautions or better yet have their thousands of pairs of eyes on the look out for suspicous activity in the area. (not just Vigilante?s one pair))

(see we old-timers do really care about you ?rich, gotta have every new electronic thingamajig and doohickey, craft beer drinking? newcomers)

Nab 2 suspects in car burglaries

By Michaelangelo Conte
Journal Staff Writer

Jersey City police officers on patrol for people breaking into cars around Hamilton Park early yesterday arrested two men after seeing one enter a parked Mercedes and rummage through its interior, officials said.

Jennings F. Pi****, 19 of, Trenton Street, and Peter Ro****, 23, of Lincoln Street both in Jersey City, were arrested on Monmouth Street at 2:18 a.m., the police report said.

Both men were charged with burglary and theft, and Ro**** was additionally charged with receiving stolen property, the police report said.

Police saw Pi**** open the door of the Mercedes and then walk away, the police report said, adding that Ro**** then quickly went to the vehicle and began searching it interior.

When the pair was arrested Ro**** was found to have a GPS, prescription Ralph Lauren sun glasses and a folding flash light, the police reports said.

The officers then contacted the owner of the GPS and he identified it as his and said his SUV had been ransacked while parked on Coles Street Wednesday afternoon, the police report said.

Buy the JJ, for all your news needs. (also comes in handy as bird cage lining, you can?t use an Ipad for that)

Posted on: 2012/7/8 13:56

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017