Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
114 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 114

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Favorite and least favorite jc condo and why?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/7 17:35
Group:
Banned
Saffron is the best location if you want to be near the Grove Street Path and for 400K-450K, you cant beat it! Anyway, you cant live there because they are sold out!

77 Hudson is great if you want to spend 750K for a 1 bedroom.

Crystal Point has great views but it mine as well be on an island, since you have to walk a half mile to get to a restaurant! 77 Hudson is a better option.

Port Liberte is crap crap and more crap!

Sugar House is interesting!

Good luck!

Posted on: 2012/3/27 23:53

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/1 20:58
Group:
Registered Users
I understand the concern with the pipeline, but there are already hundreds of miles of gas pipelines underneath us. Do we all know what is where and which buildings/zones are already in danger ? It is not a justification to add another pipeline, but the current "infrastructure" is aging and accidents can happen anytime anywhere ....

Posted on: 2012/3/27 19:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
Actually I started this thread because there are a lot of people looking for condos in JC and real estate agents might or might not provide you with information. I actually found JClist extremely helpful in my condo search.

As for saffron, I just found the finishes, lack of a trash chute, bad water pressure - imo, extremely small gym, and the sound isolation between units really off-putting. However, Saffron is in an amazing location - right on newark ave and like a 4 min walk to the PATH.

Posted on: 2012/3/27 0:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
I suspect this thread is all about lazy estate agents wanting free market research on jc condos

Posted on: 2012/3/26 22:35
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/6/23 3:01
Group:
Registered Users
I was expecting to see Saffron on your list but not as a least favorite! I bought here and moved in last November and have been very happy here. I didn't look at your top 3 listings because on price point you can't compare them...I was looking for a 2 bed in the low $400s with low maintenance. I just think you can't really make the comparison...I think 2 bed's in those waterfront condo's was $600k+ along with maintenance in the range of $6-800/month

To me, Saffron is new (garbage chute, i can see that, lucky i live on ground floor) and although it lacks luxurious finishes, it's clean, modern with nice 10ft ceilings. So I've been a happy camper here. Easy commute for me to Financial district as well.

I came from 2 years of living in the city around Union Square as well as Hell's Kitchen, couldn't be happier living in JC...it's nice to get away from the madness of the city, have a car and more space!

Posted on: 2012/3/26 22:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/27 23:03
From Jersey City yo!
Group:
Registered Users
If you can afford it, Sugar House is it in JC for spacious living with amazing views.

If you can't, Port Liberte has some penthouses with 20-foot ceilings for a fraction per square foot.

Posted on: 2012/3/26 21:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Agree about crescent court. Except if the pipeline gets built, you're literally right next to it.

Posted on: 2012/3/26 21:10

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/1 20:58
Group:
Registered Users
Crescent Ct is a good bang for your buck ... tucked away from Grove St (12 min walk west). Parking included, minimal amenities, but it keeps the HOA costs down. Finishing is much much better than Saffron and Five Flats (nearby comparisons).

Posted on: 2012/3/26 18:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/2/3 3:59
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
I love the Beacon because it preserves and adapts some fabulous and historic buildings.

Posted on: 2012/3/25 16:15
I live by the river.

Favorite and least favorite jc condo and why?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
So after visiting about 80% of the Jersey City Condos in the past 2 months, I wanted to ask everyone what is their favorite and least favorite JC condo and why?

I'll start.

I am actually going to go with 3 as my "favorites":

Sugar House - vented kicthen with viking appliances, fireplace, over 1,000 sq ft of terrace space...is what you can get at Sugar House. It felt more like a home than a condo. It's not a high rise but it sure rivals any high rise out there.

Crystal Point - There is a reason why it's one of, if not the highest priced condo building on the market. The views of the river and NYC and the finishes are top notch. Only thing is valet parking instead of deeded parking but some might find that as a plus.

77 Hudson - Architecturally and amenities wise, it is an amazing building. The views of NYC from some of the units are amazing. Only thing is some people may find the finishes and styling odd while others will love it.

Close to those are hamilton square (neighborhood feeling), gulls cove (a commuters paradise with light rail at front door, path and ferry a few blocks away), and pier house (more of a vintage feel to it).

Least Favorite:

The winner here has got to be the Saffron on Newark Ave. Cheap finishes, cabinets which when opened - bump into your oven, and no trash chute on each floor. This is the cubic zirconium of condos which is made out to be and advertised as a diamond.

Posted on: 2012/3/25 0:10

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017