Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
152 user(s) are online (131 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 152

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: 11 vehicles parked on Grand Street in Jersey City found slashed. Where are the cops in this town?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/8/24 16:17
Group:
Registered Users
Given that the vast majority of JCPD live outside Jersey City they have absolutely no skin in the game. Their families are safe elsewhere and they get paid no matter what so "why would they care".
Just my 2 cents....

Posted on: 2012/2/3 20:36

Re: 11 vehicles parked on Grand Street in Jersey City found slashed. Where are the cops in this town?

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/2/2 4:05
From Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Believe it or not, that happened like 5-6 years ago, so I can't believe the same ridiculous thing happened in the same spot. Who knows how many other times we don't know about. Sometimes I feel like this town is still the wild west-- you really have to be on your guard when walking around at night and definitely make sure nothing of value is within sight in your car and get wheel locks. Then just keep your fingers crossed. There has never been enough of a police presence to give me peace of mind. I realize it's a city and shit happens, but something needs to be done.

Posted on: 2012/2/2 4:10

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/2/1 12:26
Group:
Registered Users
Cracking-jones, if that was about a year ago, your car was parked right in front of my home. I remember coming out the next morning while you were having it towed. I was out the night before walking my dog around midnight and noticed a vehicle sitting in front of the fire hydrant across from your car with 3 guys in it. They were just hanging out in the car. I thought it a bit suspicious. When I saw what happened to your car in the morning I called the police to describe the car thinking maybe there was a connection. I didn't get a plate number but thought maybe if this was a pattern, someone else may have also described the same car and at least they would get some cooberating information. Whichever officer I spoke to at the desk could not have been more disinterested. I understand that this may not be the biggest crime they are handling, but you would think they would encourage the public to report suspicious events!

This city lacks Community Policing. The department needs to show a presence and get out of their cars and get to know their community. I am aware that the downtown area may not suffer from the volume of violent crime that other areas in Jersey City does, but that is why the department is broken up into different zones covering specific blocks and all criminal activity should be treated as such!

I am sure there are many great officers in the department who do their job well, but a presence on the street would certainly have an impact on the safety of the community!

Posted on: 2012/2/1 12:45

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/2/2 4:05
From Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
I lived at Grand and Barrow and woke up to find my car on milk crates and 3 of 4 of my tires stolen. I was also mugged on Columbus at Monmouth. Was anyone ever caught? Do I think the cops did anything to try to track down who was responsible? Nope. I feel like they're so preoccupied with the shit going down on the West Side there is a lot of neglect in the downtown area. Just my personal theory. I just moved back after 4 years and expected to see improvements and feel a bit safer but I don't. Do I still love this town? Sure, I just wish there were more cops.

Posted on: 2012/2/1 3:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
This is an annual thing - I'm betting its a local tire dealer generating some business !

Posted on: 2012/1/31 4:02
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

11 vehicles parked on Grand Street in Jersey City found slashed. Where are the cops in this town?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Tires on 11 vehicles parked on Grand Street near State Street in Jersey City were slashed some time between Saturday night and Sunday morning, The Jersey Journal reports.
http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... s_parked_on.html#comments

Posted on: 2012/1/31 3:17

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017