Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
101 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 101

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Fulton's Landing Condo Opinions?

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/16 20:33
Group:
Registered Users
I am currently renting in Fulton's Landing... it's a fairly OK building and I'm happy to be renting here - it's better value than some other places (eg: Montgomery Greene), and it's concrete & steel, so fairly sturdy. You can not hear the Light Rail unless you're north-facing (Essex St). Noise insulation is not too bad.

The concierge is really good and greets you by your name every day, which is different than my previous building and they're very good with packages and dry-laundry. As far as electricity, it's all electric and my bills are about $100-$150 a month (2 bed/2 bath), but the units hold heat well, so I'm not blasting full heat.

The windows are not the highest quality, cos they're a little tough to open (slide-up & can be a tad heavy), but nothing too bad.

I would generally say that it's a modern building, definitely qualifies as "luxury condo", that's not too fancy, but actually pretty good and I like the 24/7 gym.

Posted on: 2012/1/28 3:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
Hi Chester,

Thank you for sharing your experiences. How much did the electric bill run you during the winter? summer?

Is the building quiet generally - ie. did you hear your neighbors or upstairs owners?

Posted on: 2012/1/27 17:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/27 13:13
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users
I rented there for a year and a half. The units are about on par with a nice rental building. The fixtures, floors, cabinets, doors, etc. are not top of the line quality, but decent. The heating and AC is via electric through-the-wall units, which can run up your bill. The amenities are lacking, which can be an advantage since most things like pools and club rooms only become underutilized money drains. There is a small gym and a courtyard. Most units have views of the landscaped courtyard, but some can see the marina nearby. Some units face Essex Street and the light rail. Others have a brick wall for a view. It is a sleepy little corner of Paulus Hook. You may actually find a better bargain for your money here than some of the more notable buildings in the area.

As for the roof and windows, I never heard about any problems with the roof. I would think the roof would only be an issue for those living in the top level. But it is possible that any repairs would come from the building's general fund. I remember looking at a couple of those units and the windows in the ceiling made them feel like terrariums. The windows in my unit were heavy and sealed tight when closed.

Posted on: 2012/1/27 17:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
water is included.

electric is not included. the units have in wall ac/heating units.

Posted on: 2012/1/27 17:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Are utilities included and if not how do they heat the apartments and the water; gas, oil or electric? Electric is expensive. And check the maintenance fee and what they do for it.

Posted on: 2012/1/27 15:59

Fulton's Landing Condo Opinions?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Hi All,

I wanted to ask the jersey city community about Fulton's landing - I am thinking about purchasing in the condo and would want your opinions of the building. Specifically,

I hear there are problems with the roof and windows - is this true and has this been fixed?

I also hear that because of the windows, electric bills are very high.

Posted on: 2012/1/27 14:56

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017