Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
129 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 129

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 »

Re: Late-night live music is now allowed in Bars & Restaurants
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Honestly I'd even love something like the Whiskey Bar (Hoboken), that is basically a bar with a stage. I'd prefer if they booked more original bands, but I could totally dig a decent cover band every now and then.

Posted on: 2012/2/2 21:15

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/12/13 14:27
From earth
Group:
Registered Users
It would be nice to have a nice music venue in town. Something bigger than Maxwells but smaller than Roseland.

I'm fine with bands playing in bars/restaurants as long as they are good haha.

Posted on: 2012/2/2 20:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/8 15:08
Group:
Registered Users
You know, I'm really sorry, but complaining about noise coming out of bars in a city is the equivalent of complaining about it snowing in Alaska. I'm not saying everyone has to put up with head banging metal bands from every corner, but let's all take a bite of reality here. This is not a farm in the midwest. There are VERY few real cities that don't have live music or music venues. Consider yourself lucky if you're against this ordinance. You've been blessed for many years thanks to the same wheels that have been in power for years and years. A little common sense goes a long way believe it or not. Would I live in a city that has a jackhammer testing facility in it? Yes. Would I rent or buy a dwelling right next door to it? No.

Posted on: 2012/2/1 19:54

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/2/25 14:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
Yeah the key takeaway here is that this is a major STEP in the right direction. JC might not have a valid, full-time music venue right now, but with this ordinance, now we will see more MUSIC in general, even if it is a slight increase. Perhaps within 10 years JC will have a great venue. But for now, this is a step in the right direction.

Agreed!

Posted on: 2012/2/1 19:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah the key takeaway here is that this is a major STEP in the right direction. JC might not have a valid, full-time music venue right now, but with this ordinance, now we will see more MUSIC in general, even if it is a slight increase. Perhaps within 10 years JC will have a great venue. But for now, this is a step in the right direction.

Posted on: 2012/2/1 19:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/12/12 21:56
Group:
Registered Users
CatDog's posts, and the Foxes video, are the highlights of this thread.

A city as large as JC without live music? It was a joke. . . .

Posted on: 2012/2/1 18:15
"Someday a book will be written on how this city can be broke in the midst of all this development." ---Brewster

Oh, wait, there is one: The Jersey Sting.

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Ok Vigilanti, we get it, your a frustrated wanna be rocker since most of your posts focus on the so called "Lousy local bar bands", I get it.well guess what, if you got out more often, you would see that your perception is far from the Truth and No not every bar band has a cousin who's a Fireman and owns the bar.

Truth in the matter is that most venues expect a band to bring in their own crowd cause Heads = $$$ at a bar, this is no secret, however theres a difference between a bar with live music and a true blue music venue, thus maybe with the new ordinance, JC will finally get a venue that caters to live music and bring in the extablished, well known music acts along with giving a boost to the local musicians in the area.

You really need to get rid of the negativity and focus on the positive side of this.

Posted on: 2012/2/1 17:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Vigilante wrote: Quote:
tommyc_37 wrote: Quote:
Vigilante wrote: It's Jersey people. Jersey.
Um, OK. Can we say "Austin is Texas, people. Texas" and then post a video of a dude with a cowboy hat, GW Bush shirt, pointing a shotgun at trespassers? Or: "Chicago is ILLINOIS, people. Illinois", and post a video of a farmer?? Not sure what you were trying to illustrate...can you elaborate?
Have you ever been to Hoboken or Belmar or Seaside Heights? This is Jersey. You don't get The Hold Steady or TV on the Radio or whoever. You get Cats on a Smooth Surface and Bon Jovi wannabes and Frat-boys. You get Staten Island guidos and guidettes and Irish Riviera commuters. You get bars (owned by firemen) who let their cousin Brian's bad cover band play. Who goes to see bar bands really? The band member's friends that's who. How many clubs in NJ were able to host alternative bands and thus sustain themselves? Maybe a couple? Maxwell's and The Loop Lounge. I have no problem with the acoustic guitar, piano crowd. Those things are definitely doable but when you start seeing the awful bands with drunk patrons hooting and hollering at 1am you'll catch my drift. Of course you can get up out of bed and go down to the street and politely ask these people to keep it down afterall drunk people are so reasonable. That is, of course, if you live near any of the bars. I am guessing that most, if not all of you, do not.
Even if your assumption was true, you don't have to live by places that have crowds that you do not appreciate.

Posted on: 2012/2/1 1:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/12/18 14:09
Group:
Registered Users
As it's currently operated, the Loew's only works for certain types of acts - those that appeal to an older, more mature (think 30+) crowd, like Jeff Mangum's solo show. The crowd can't dance due to the seating, and they don't allow alcohol in the theatre itself, only in the lobby. As it stands, the Loew's is too restrictive for a real rock band to play.

It would be great to have something like Maxwell's or even bigger downtown, but as this thread demonstrates, there is tons of fear and opposition to change from the older residents, justified or not.

Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
Quote:

SICULO wrote:
As I'm reading these posts, I cant get over the Pompous and Puritan comments being made.

Firstoff, let me start by saying that most of you should move out of JC and go back to the Midwest where Culture has always been lacking big time!

You should listen to yourself, OMG live music is going to be the end of our Yuppie existence, whats the world coming to?, The sky is falling, the sky is falling......Yeah, yeah, yeah.

Open your eyes, this is the best thing that happened to JC in Decades,while Hoboken has thrived over the fact that there was no live music in JC, We lost a ton of revenue and for once a chance to be placed on the Map for a Good reason!

We have a great venue such as the Lowes, why not really open that up to more well known and established bands, it can be our Beacon Theater!

Kudos to the Council members that voted this in and finally decided to get with the Times!!

Yeah, I have still never been to the Loews, but I hear it is a phenomenal venue. I WISH something like it existed downtown. (The only reason I say this is because it would be nice to have a venue like that within walking distance to a bunch of bars and restaurants. Also, I honestly think the Loews would have more success downtown).

I wonder how feasible it would be to build a mid-sized live music venue somewhere downtown. Think something like the Beacon, Count Basie, or the Community Theater that is (was?) in Morristown.

Posted on: 2012/1/31 21:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Check out Maxwell's upcoming schedule and compare it to the Loew's Theater. Also where downtown can you have the better, successful bands that would compete with a storied venue like Maxwell's? Why would they play there when a perfect venue has already been established? Face it, we'll get piano jazz and acoustic guitar at places and that's fine. You'll also get incredibly loud salsa bands at Hard Grove etc and the random no-names at Grove Street. Hey you can always lure Coldplay back to JC (As if they even knew they were in Jersey) with APW.
Oh and God forbid I care about something that doesn't directly effect me.
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
Vigilante I guess I'll play again...

As for the "Jersey crowd", I've lived in NJ for about 80% of my life and I only see that type of thing in a small handful of beach towns, and some bars in Hoboken. But I'm still not sure what point you're trying to make by pointing out what you consider the entire "Jersey crowd" to be. Are you trying to say that this 22 year old kid would not enjoy watching a talented live band? Because all I got out of that video is that this young man likes to pound beers to impress his friends. Caveman-esque? Yes. But I'm not sure how relevant it is to a conversation on the appropriateness of live music in JC.

If Maxwell's has great success in Hoboken, which is far and away LESS artsy and art-oriented than downtown JC, why on earth couldn't a similar venue have success in JC? Most bands with a small following play multiple shows in an area, in fact most of them will play every show they can possibly get, no matter what the location is. On a much larger scale, look at how when a big act comes to town, they play multiple shows in the area, typically at the big 3 - MSG, Izod Center, Nassau Colliseum.

I didn't say I would enjoy "bad bands" ... I said most bands that play in bars are "average bands". And to that point - yes, I would enjoy average bands playing in my neighborhood in JC, at least moreso than zero bands playing in my neighborhood in JC.

Downtown JC is a pretty young demographic these days, whether you approve of that or not. People like to see bands. The bands that play at Groove on Grove in the summertimes ... I would consider all of them "average", and I enjoy it immensely, and I know I am not alone.

You have an opinion/agenda but as long as the music, whether of high or low quality/volume is not being played near your house, why do you really care?

Posted on: 2012/1/31 20:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Vigilante I guess I'll play again...

As for the "Jersey crowd", I've lived in NJ for about 80% of my life and I only see that type of thing in a small handful of beach towns, and some bars in Hoboken. But I'm still not sure what point you're trying to make by pointing out what you consider the entire "Jersey crowd" to be. Are you trying to say that this 22 year old kid would not enjoy watching a talented live band? Because all I got out of that video is that this young man likes to pound beers to impress his friends. Caveman-esque? Yes. But I'm not sure how relevant it is to a conversation on the appropriateness of live music in JC.

If Maxwell's has great success in Hoboken, which is far and away LESS artsy and art-oriented than downtown JC, why on earth couldn't a similar venue have success in JC? Most bands with a small following play multiple shows in an area, in fact most of them will play every show they can possibly get, no matter what the location is. On a much larger scale, look at how when a big act comes to town, they play multiple shows in the area, typically at the big 3 - MSG, Izod Center, Nassau Colliseum.

I didn't say I would enjoy "bad bands" ... I said most bands that play in bars are "average bands". And to that point - yes, I would enjoy average bands playing in my neighborhood in JC, at least moreso than zero bands playing in my neighborhood in JC.

Downtown JC is a pretty young demographic these days, whether you approve of that or not. People like to see bands. The bands that play at Groove on Grove in the summertimes ... I would consider all of them "average", and I enjoy it immensely, and I know I am not alone.

You have an opinion/agenda but as long as the music, whether of high or low quality/volume is not being played near your house, why do you really care?

Posted on: 2012/1/31 18:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
Vigilante, I'm still really confused - what does the video of that kid chugging a beer at the beer garden have anything to do with what you're saying?

And, is this scenario in NJ that you paint (with the low quality of the bands, where the people watching them are their friends) unique to NJ? What does it have to do with NJ, and a video of a kid chugging a beer??

Because from my experiences (playing in bands and watching bands play, in many different states), it is generally the same in most places. Most bands that play at bars are average at best, and except in the rarest of scenarios, the crowd that comes out SPECIFICALLY to see the band is somehow acquainted with at least one member of the band.

A) does this make it wrong?
B) is this unique to NJ? and
C) what the hell does this have to do with a weird kid chugging beer at the beer garden?

A,B, and C sum up my points of confusion (and possibly others' confusion as well) with regards to your post.

A) The beer chugging dude is indicative of the Jersey crowd.
B) You admit I am right. What does a bunch of bad bands and their friends add to JC night-life really?
C) Hasn't the Loew's (a completely different matter than bars allowing live music) always allowed live bands?
D) How many relatively successful bands are really going to play JC instead of NYC/Brooklyn?

Posted on: 2012/1/31 17:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SICULO wrote:
As I'm reading these posts, I cant get over the Pompous and Puritan comments being made.

Firstoff, let me start by saying that most of you should move out of JC and go back to the Midwest where Culture has always been lacking big time!

You should listen to yourself, OMG live music is going to be the end of our Yuppie existence, whats the world coming to?, The sky is falling, the sky is falling......Yeah, yeah, yeah.

Open your eyes, this is the best thing that happened to JC in Decades,while Hoboken has thrived over the fact that there was no live music in JC, We lost a ton of revenue and for once a chance to be placed on the Map for a Good reason!

We have a great venue such as the Lowes, why not really open that up to more well known and established bands, it can be our Beacon Theater!

Kudos to the Council members that voted this in and finally decided to get with the Times!!

Yeah, I have still never been to the Loews, but I hear it is a phenomenal venue. I WISH something like it existed downtown. (The only reason I say this is because it would be nice to have a venue like that within walking distance to a bunch of bars and restaurants. Also, I honestly think the Loews would have more success downtown).

I wonder how feasible it would be to build a mid-sized live music venue somewhere downtown. Think something like the Beacon, Count Basie, or the Community Theater that is (was?) in Morristown.

Posted on: 2012/1/31 17:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Vigilante, I'm still really confused - what does the video of that kid chugging a beer at the beer garden have anything to do with what you're saying?

And, is this scenario in NJ that you paint (with the low quality of the bands, where the people watching them are their friends) unique to NJ? What does it have to do with NJ, and a video of a kid chugging a beer??

Because from my experiences (playing in bands and watching bands play, in many different states), it is generally the same in most places. Most bands that play at bars are average at best, and except in the rarest of scenarios, the crowd that comes out SPECIFICALLY to see the band is somehow acquainted with at least one member of the band.

A) does this make it wrong?
B) is this unique to NJ? and
C) what the hell does this have to do with a weird kid chugging beer at the beer garden?

A,B, and C sum up my points of confusion (and possibly others' confusion as well) with regards to your post.

Posted on: 2012/1/31 16:58

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2012/1/31 16:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:
tommyc_37 wrote: Quote:
Um, OK. Can we say "Austin is Texas, people. Texas" and then post a video of a dude with a cowboy hat, GW Bush shirt, pointing a shotgun at trespassers? Or: "Chicago is ILLINOIS, people. Illinois", and post a video of a farmer?? Not sure what you were trying to illustrate...can you elaborate?
Have you ever been to Hoboken or Belmar or Seaside Heights? This is Jersey. You don't get The Hold Steady or TV on the Radio or whoever. You get Cats on a Smooth Surface and Bon Jovi wannabes and Frat-boys. You get Staten Island guidos and guidettes and Irish Riviera commuters. You get bars (owned by firemen) who let their cousin Brian's bad cover band play. Who goes to see bar bands really? The band member's friends that's who. How many clubs in NJ were able to host alternative bands and thus sustain themselves? Maybe a couple? Maxwell's and The Loop Lounge. I have no problem with the acoustic guitar, piano crowd. Those things are definitely doable but when you start seeing the awful bands with drunk patrons hooting and hollering at 1am you'll catch my drift. Of course you can get up out of bed and go down to the street and politely ask these people to keep it down afterall drunk people are so reasonable. That is, of course, if you live near any of the bars. I am guessing that most, if not all of you, do not.

Posted on: 2012/1/31 16:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 23:09
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Seagull wrote:
LOUD NOISES!!!Resized Image

Omg, between this and JCbiscuits post I can't stop laughing, thank you. Hahahaha.

Posted on: 2012/1/31 15:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 23:09
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCbiscuit wrote:
Quote:

HighFiveCity wrote:
Automata Chino didn't last too long.
Anyone know what killed that place?

I'm guessing the name.

LMFAO lol lol lol

Posted on: 2012/1/31 15:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Posted on: 2012/1/31 15:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
It's Jersey people. Jersey.

Posted on: 2012/1/31 15:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/8 15:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
I like how all the "cool kids" are so into having loud bands as long as it's NIMBY. Personally I don't live near a bar but I will not hesitate to call out bar owners who f**k with our neighborhood. All this desire for a "vibrant" city will lead to another Hoboken. No, JC will not be the next Williamsburg or Portland or Seattle. It will simply be a poor man's Hoboken.

Your insight into all this is mesmerizing. Will it be another Austin, or is the jury still out on that one? Can you also pick the lotto numbers for Friday? I'd like to know the winners. Thanks.

Posted on: 2012/1/31 12:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
WARNING: long rambling post ahead?but it has some JC entertainment history in it.

Ripple first let me say size doesn?t matter in crime, it is just luck as you can see from Sutherland?s post. The crime in JC is so freaking random. Yes we all know some parts of JC have more crime then others but out of the blue you will see crime happen in an area that never had it before. Like in Country Village a few weeks ago there was an attempted mugging or something with a knife. Also don?t be fooled by the very out of whack crime reports in the JJ. They only print a very small percentage of the daily crime in JC.

I am bigger than both of you in fact I am one of the biggest dudes in JC at 6 feet 9 inches (err ok 7 inches I am getting old) and 300 pounds (ok and fat too) you would think I would feel invincible. Well at a younger age I did but no more. Like I said in previous posts I now practice (like a big wuss) what my mother used to say ..err? yell at me ?come in when the street lights go on?. JC at night is not cool.

Yes I do have a vested interest / ulterior motive?it?s the safety of all JC homeowners present and future. I know what the evil sound of music can do to a city (and one?s ear drums). I lived through it, and I have the tinnitus to prove it. In my day it was O?Hara?s (near SPC), the Showboat(near NJCU), Soap Creek saloon(near Canco), and Narrowbacks (the heights)and every old man bar (that sold packaged goods) in between. The fights in some of those places were out of control and the beer bottles would fly mostly when rock music played. (hmm maybe Mayor Hague was right..damm that rock-n-roll!)

Back then in the late 70?s and early 80?s the bars were still packed with young (and foxy*) JC residents. (it was right before the great exodus from JC). The bars didn?t have the ?tourists? back then they came later on starting with the most notorious place of all time?Foxes! (the old Soap Creek on St Paul?s) The first club in New Jersey to install metal detectors at the door. The one club that attracted ?dancing tourists? from as far away as ?Staten Island. I can?t remember there NOT being a fight or stabbing there on weekends. I think it was finally raided and closed down by the city or the ATF. (it didn?t just fade away quietly like?cover your ears?D-I-S-C-O)

I feel bad that the music ordinance was passed. I was the one who should have tried to stop it. (not those two women) I was the one who was left holding the flag while ALL of my fiends and neighbors left (disgusting) JC for the beautiful suburban life. ( funny how all of their kids are now moving back to (semi hip) JC only to find that their parent?s 3 family homes that they quickly left behind are now condo conversions selling for $300K? a floor!!)

I am getting old and forgetful (as you can tell by my rambling posts) . I was given the one thing that would have surely STOPPED the music in JC. I didn?t step up to my responsibility I was the one who could have stopped all of the future madness. I didn?t come forward at the council meetings like I should have. All I can say is I?m sorry I forgot. But maybe it wasn?t all my fault after all I did read that tinnitus does eventually affect the mind. Why oh why did I stand directly in front of one of the four? eight foot tall mega speakers at Soap Creek Saloon weekend after weekend? I?m sure the Led Zeppelin cover band?s version of Stairway to Heaven would have sounded better 100 feet away instead of 1 inch. (and you think the kids today are stupid for wearing head phones all of the time..ha)

Now I know why I was always yelling my 3 am ?after club? egg order to the poor waitresses at the Colonette (rt 440), VIP (JScare) and Al?s diner?s. Could you believe there would be a Studio 54 type long line to get into those diner?s. Waiting a half hour to an hour for a table at 3 am in Jersey City wow! I witnessed some pretty bad ?drunk? fights in the diners too, while juke box music was playing. (that damm music again))

JC home owners please accept my humble apology. I only wish I could buy you all a pair of earplugs but alas I can not. The next best thing I could do is pass on what was given to me years ago. It is the one thing that was entrusted to me to silence the music for ALL homeowners of JC.

If Vigilante doesn?t mind I would like to pass it on to Vigilante to use when the riots and fights start. When once again the beer bottles?err ..I mean kraft beer glasses start flying. Maybe it could be used to stop the music for good this time. It will bring chills to any JC resident old and young (after viewing it).

Here it is protect it and keep it handy ..but view it at your own discretion (some of the clothing is frightening let alone the beats).

Is this what we want back in JC??I say ..NO!... Oh the horror..the horror?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY3gYQN2AI4

I think they used to air it during the Deney Terrio Dance Fever TV show.

(remember watching that show..maybe you don?t want to admit it..I understand or wait most you probably weren?t even born yet)

*foxy ? a word used to describe a hot chick in the late 70?s. Dudes could be heard saying things like ?hey look at that fox?, or ?wow she?s foxy?. Thank God civilization has progressed slightly since the late 70?s. Now guys say ?Look at that hot bitc*?. Great!

Posted on: 2012/1/31 11:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
ah yes, of course we're right on track to being another Hoboken. All we need is another 200 bars or so Downtown and BAM! Another Hoboken. You let a bar have live music and BAM! Gays marrying dogs. You want to have streets that aren't filled with trash and then BAM! hipsters.

It's a slippery slope we're on guys, with this live music and all.

Posted on: 2012/1/31 6:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
I like how all the "cool kids" are so into having loud bands as long as it's NIMBY. Personally I don't live near a bar but I will not hesitate to call out bar owners who f**k with our neighborhood. All this desire for a "vibrant" city will lead to another Hoboken. No, JC will not be the next Williamsburg or Portland or Seattle. It will simply be a poor man's Hoboken.

Posted on: 2012/1/31 5:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/19 15:21
Group:
Registered Users
LOUD NOISES!!!Resized Image

Posted on: 2012/1/31 4:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hmangnx wrote:
Wonderful, now I can hear music till 2a and 1a on Sundays when I am trying to sleep... I was content with it when they played till 11? or 12...

As nice as this is for the neighborhood, you have to remember there is a residential building right across the street....

I know the trolls will say if you don't like it move blah blah blah. But this really blows from my point of view.

And people who want music thought banning music blows, too.

Posted on: 2012/1/31 0:30

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/1/29 13:51
Group:
Registered Users
Hand-wringers, I really feel for you, but not having a bonafide music venue in a city this size is a glaring issue. This JCI article from over three years ago about the lack of venues in the city could have been written yesterday. Thank the heavens this ordinance was finally revised.

Of course, allowing for music is one thing. Opening and sustaining a venue is another. I wonder if Todd Abramson is still interested. Hi-ho Silvermans, away!

Posted on: 2012/1/30 18:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/30 0:28
From Belmont Ave.
Group:
Registered Users
How DARE the council approve something that will bring entertainment and FUN to Jersey City. The nerve!

I, for one, am packing my stuff and moving immediately!

Posted on: 2012/1/30 17:30

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/11/28 3:13
Group:
Registered Users
Wonderful, now I can hear music till 2a and 1a on Sundays when I am trying to sleep... I was content with it when they played till 11? or 12...

As nice as this is for the neighborhood, you have to remember there is a residential building right across the street....

I know the trolls will say if you don't like it move blah blah blah. But this really blows from my point of view.

Posted on: 2012/1/30 14:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
I can't think of a genre of performed music that would lead people to violence. Am I missing something? Hip hop/rap is the genre of music traditionally linked to violence (sorry if this statement is not PC), and this type of music is typically NOT performed in small bars.

Posted on: 2012/1/30 14:26

(1) 2 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017