Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
107 user(s) are online (82 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 107

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 8 9 10 (11) 12 13 14 15 »

Re: 'Jersey Shore' Spin-Off in Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/25 1:50
Group:
Registered Users
a lot of people have been using strawman arguments such as cost of security either on the star ledger comments section or on other sites.

Posted on: 2012/2/11 12:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

rbnyfan wrote:
Quote:

Annod wrote:
Jersey City clears 'Jersey Shore' spinoff

JERSEY CITY, N.J. (AP) ? Jersey City taxpayers won't be footing the bill for police assigned to security for the women of "Jersey Shore" and all the attention that comes with them.

New Jersey's second largest city has issued a permit to producers to film a spinoff of the reality series, featuring Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi and Jenni "JWoww" Farley. Filming is expected to begin later this month in the city's Grove Street Path neighborhood.

Police spokesman Edgar Martinez said Thursday the production company in charge of the show will pay for off-duty police officers to provide security and will pay for any additional officers if they are needed. In addition, he said, the production crew won't be taking parking spots from residents but will use pay lots.

hahaha i love this. it makes every single poster here seem like an uninformed, mouth breathing outsider neanderthal. go ahead, try and defend your positions now, all you faux jersey city insiders / BnR people.

uuuuuhhhhhhh

what?

Mind you I haven't read most of the thread, but I didn't see anyone complaining about the cost of security. We're complaining about the uselessness of these two people

Posted on: 2012/2/11 8:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/25 1:50
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Annod wrote:

JERSEY CITY, N.J. (AP) ? Jersey City taxpayers won't be footing the bill for police assigned to security for the women of "Jersey Shore" and all the attention that comes with them.

New Jersey's second largest city has issued a permit to producers to film a spinoff of the reality series, featuring Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi and Jenni "JWoww" Farley. Filming is expected to begin later this month in the city's Grove Street Path neighborhood.

Police spokesman Edgar Martinez said Thursday the production company in charge of the show will pay for off-duty police officers to provide security and will pay for any additional officers if they are needed. In addition, he said, the production crew won't be taking parking spots from residents but will use pay lots.

hahaha i love this. it makes every single poster here seem like an uninformed, mouth breathing outsider neanderthal. go ahead, try and defend your positions now, all you faux jersey city insiders / BnR people.

Posted on: 2012/2/11 7:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/5 23:00
Group:
Registered Users
*News Flash*
To all the folks who think they live in a "Cool City"?You Don't.

People moved to Jersey City because it's close to Manhattan and the rent was cheap.

Am I a fan of the Jersey Shore? Not at all. I watched a few episodes, hated it, and stopped watching/talking about it.

People are concerned about the "High Profile" of this filming? but they are the ones creating all the controversy. Do what everyone else does?Ignore it.

Yes, that show gave New Jersey another black eye. But, if you are actually from NJ, you're used to that stuff. Garden Staters have an equal amount of shame and pride for where they live.

Jersey City had a chance to prove that they are open-minded people. instead, we come off looking like pretentious jerkoffs by whining about two girls moving in.

I've made jokes before about these girls, but honestly if you think about it? What can they possibly do in JC? This is a far cry from a "party town". I'm thinking this show is probably trying to shake that persona of them.

This show will probably air on national tv?Jersey City might actually have a shot at earning back a little pride for New Jersey. We have a chance to show the world that we all aren't fake-tanned, fist pumpers. We can show people what the real NJ looks like? Too bad 1/2 the population of Jersey City is really from Ohio.

Posted on: 2012/2/11 6:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/8/8 14:59
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Josiered wrote:
Oh please don't mention Golden Cicada. Was in there a few weeks ago and headed for the mens room which was totally unkept and disgusting. Touched the door knob to enter and two days later came down with a viral infection....Dr. confirmed it was probably from touching the mens room door knob or even being 10 feet from the urinal. Three days later I finally felt better. Talked to a couple of patrons and they told me he refuses to clean the bathroom ever ? What's up with that....too cheap. Please you need to provide a sanitary bathroom area for both men/women. After being sick and all I never frequented the place again - Jos. the Redhead

You should wash your hands after using the bathroom, Red.

Posted on: 2012/2/11 3:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/1/22 3:23
Group:
Registered Users
Oh please don't mention Golden Cicada. Was in there a few weeks ago and headed for the mens room which was totally unkept and disgusting. Touched the door knob to enter and two days later came down with a viral infection....Dr. confirmed it was probably from touching the mens room door knob or even being 10 feet from the urinal. Three days later I finally felt better. Talked to a couple of patrons and they told me he refuses to clean the bathroom ever ? What's up with that....too cheap. Please you need to provide a sanitary bathroom area for both men/women. After being sick and all I never frequented the place again - Jos. the Redhead

Posted on: 2012/2/11 2:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
I have no idea why the producers and location scouts would pick JC, honestly. What is here for them? Any nightlife that is here is not their style, or even close to it. Maybe if the Sandbar was still around, but this gets a real "WTF" from me.

Why wouldn't they do a show across the river? Were the producers that desperate to keep the show "in Jersey"??

I really wish the show, and MTV, would just go away with this garbage.

Also, I thought it was impossible to lose even more faith in our leadership in JC, but it has occurred. Hoboken turned this down for a reason. Never thought I'd say this, but Hoboken is looking classier than JC. They at least have pride in their town, and they have leadership. Healy sounds like such an idiot with that quote, honestly.

I'm curious why this matters to you so much.

Primarily because I live here. I'm sure that there are things that bother you that I wouldn't bat an eyelid at.

Ok, you live here, but how will this affect your life here?

I don't believe I stated that it would affect my life. I don't believe that something has to explicitly affect your life for you to give a damn about it. But...it WILL affect my life, seeing that I live 2 short blocks away, in ways that have been listed here (congestion, noise, public safety, general annoyances that come along with a high profile filming).

But the biggest reason as to why it "matters to me so much", is that I have pride in where I live and I'd rather it's image not be tarnished further. It's pretty simple.

Congestion? Noise? Public Safety? You choose to put up with these things but living in a city. If you really don't want these things, you would live in the suburbs.

Why does a city's image matter to you? JC doesn't have a positive image anyways. And if you enjoy living in JC, then that's what matters - who cares what others think?

Posted on: 2012/2/11 2:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
I have no idea why the producers and location scouts would pick JC, honestly. What is here for them? Any nightlife that is here is not their style, or even close to it. Maybe if the Sandbar was still around, but this gets a real "WTF" from me.

Why wouldn't they do a show across the river? Were the producers that desperate to keep the show "in Jersey"??

Also, I thought it was impossible to lose even more faith in our leadership in JC, but it has occurred. Hoboken turned this down for a reason. Never thought I'd say this, but Hoboken is looking classier than JC. They at least have pride in their town, and they have leadership. Healy sounds like such an idiot with that quote, honestly.

Primarily because I live here. I'm sure that there are things that bother you that I wouldn't bat an eyelid at.

I don't believe I stated that it would affect my life. But...it WILL affect my life,

Uh, were you trying to contradict yourself?

Posted on: 2012/2/11 2:00

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/10/17 19:38
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:

And to those asking whether I'm living in JC - yes - for more than 26 yrs. About to buy a condo in the area.

You should wait until after the show airs and the property values plummet.

Posted on: 2012/2/11 1:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:
JaeTea on 2012/2/10 16:36:48 Seaside was called Sleaside YEARS before the Jersey Shore ever got there. People saying they "ruined" whatever reputation Seaside had clearly have never been there and are talking out their asses. If anything the people they brought down there and the money that was brought into the town definetly helped. But now you have so many people going to Sleaside the police are overwhelmed on weekends. Kinda like the random meathead fights in Hobroken. The people who think they will ruin the reputation of Jersey City are full of themselves. Whenever I tell people I live here they sigh and give me a look like they're sorry for me. The majority of people think Jersey City is all ghetto. I think anything that would show Jersey City in another light (ie you won't get mugged walking down the street) might be a benefit.

I never said seaside had a good reputation. I just said that the jersey shore has cemented their reputation forever as the place of sleaziness forever. They can't recover from it...If JC is made a mockery of which is highly likely, then I only hope JC can recover from it. I don't want JC to be known for the jersey shore...I rather have JC be unknown.

And to those asking whether I'm living in JC - yes - for more than 26 yrs. About to buy a condo in the area.

JC has cemented its reputation FOREVER? ORLY?

Foreva eva?

Posted on: 2012/2/11 1:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
JaeTea on 2012/2/10 16:36:48 Seaside was called Sleaside YEARS before the Jersey Shore ever got there. People saying they "ruined" whatever reputation Seaside had clearly have never been there and are talking out their asses. If anything the people they brought down there and the money that was brought into the town definetly helped. But now you have so many people going to Sleaside the police are overwhelmed on weekends. Kinda like the random meathead fights in Hobroken. The people who think they will ruin the reputation of Jersey City are full of themselves. Whenever I tell people I live here they sigh and give me a look like they're sorry for me. The majority of people think Jersey City is all ghetto. I think anything that would show Jersey City in another light (ie you won't get mugged walking down the street) might be a benefit.

I never said seaside had a good reputation. I just said that the jersey shore has cemented their reputation forever as the place of sleaziness forever. They can't recover from it...If JC is made a mockery of which is highly likely, then I only hope JC can recover from it. I don't want JC to be known for the jersey shore...I rather have JC be unknown.

Posted on: 2012/2/11 0:24

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/5 17:07
Group:
Registered Users
Seaside was called Sleaside YEARS before the Jersey Shore ever got there.

People saying they "ruined" whatever reputation Seaside had clearly have never been there and are talking out their asses. If anything the people they brought down there and the money that was brought into the town definetly helped. But now you have so many people going to Sleaside the police are overwhelmed on weekends. Kinda like the random meathead fights in Hobroken.

The people who think they will ruin the reputation of Jersey City are full of themselves. Whenever I tell people I live here they sigh and give me a look like they're sorry for me. The majority of people think Jersey City is all ghetto. I think anything that would show Jersey City in another light (ie you won't get mugged walking down the street) might be a benefit.

Posted on: 2012/2/10 21:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/25 12:43
Group:
Registered Users
When does this start filming?

Being a Jersey Shore/Jersey City guy... I hope to get to party up with them a bit.

Posted on: 2012/2/10 17:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
The good thing about this is that it stopped all of your bitching and moaning posts about there not being a Whole Foods or freakin? Trader Joes in the neighborhood. The bad thing is now you are all bitching and moaning about there being a Jwoww and a Snooki in the neighborhood. Can?t win.

Listen to some of the things you are saying..you are all 10 times worse then J and S. That dog shi* one is the topper..great neighbor. (big deal so Snooki pees over everything..no need to pull the ?shi*? card)

This is a great idea for JC remember ?any publicity is good publicity?. (isn?t that what Obama?s Rahm Emanuel always said? Got them both elected now didn?t it?) Hopefully this time the show will at least mention they are actually living IN Jersey City. Remember all of the respect we got from American Idol and the Red Bull Air Show? New York my as*!

I look at it this way even if the girls are shi* faced, falling down drunk or recovering from a hangover say in Liberty State Park. At least 8 million people will know LSP is in JC and it is right across the river from NYC and that beautiful skyline. (with it?s excellent new Liberty Tower) Or if they are peeing in a bush in front of a row of beautiful historical DTJC brownstones. Eight million people are going to see those beautiful DTJC brownstones. (although they might not be interested in buying a brownstone anymore with a ?yellow? bush.... but I bet some fan (or creep) would paid plenty for that now ?yellow? bush) Or if they are shopping for hair product in Hudson Mall. Eight million people will say ..?gee what a freakin hell hole. (only kidding)

I read that the contract says the JC Police can shut down production at any time if things get out of hand. Hopefully the 3 cops assigned to the film crew (or Healy administration spies) will report back to the chief (and mayor) and let him know if it looks like they are making a mockery of JC. If so yes?pull the plug or start not giving them access to certain parts of the city so they leave. Get the ticket books out..mess with them like you mess with us.

PS ? do you see the thousands of views on this thread? Do you think all of those lurkers live in JC? It is starting behave yourselves. Hello America.

Posted on: 2012/2/10 16:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/8 17:09
Group:
Registered Users
Attention producers - JWoww and Snooki need to booze with the local homeless drunk that goes around in the fisherman's longcoat and pushcart. You can find him pretty consistently around Varick and Christopher Colombus. He's a ratings goldmine...

Posted on: 2012/2/10 15:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCbiscuit wrote:
Oh for pete's sake.

Look, the papers are signed. Money has (most likely) been exchanged, legitimately and not so much. This is going to happen. Why not treat it like the carnival sideshow it is and just enjoy the spectacle? Six weeks is not a long time, and any petition will just make us look like a bunch of whiners.

I, for one, would rather be associated with guidos than crybabies.

I agree with you 100%. I live fairly close by but I'll put up with the added noise and congestion for a few weeks if MTV floated Jersey City some much-needed cash to do this and no local taxpayer dollars are subsidizing this. I am not worried about any damage to Jersey City's "reputation" - they can't embarrass this city any more than it has already embarrassed itself thanks to our current administration.

Furthermore, this is a city after all, and so the added noise and congestion from various events and TV shows being filmed is going to happen sooner or later, and everybody knew that when they chose to live here. You want peace and quiet 24/7, try Springfield or Short Hills.

Posted on: 2012/2/10 15:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/1 17:27
Group:
Registered Users
about 2 weeks ago JC was mentioned on 30 Rock.

(discussing new boyfriend)
Jack: Where does he live?
Liz: I'm not telling you.
Jack Oh how bad can it be Lemon, Jersey CIty?

That is the national reputation we have. These girls will not help it, but not necessarily tarnish it further, esp. as mentioned, with their audience. They will spend most of the time in Manhattan or Hoboken probably. They're coming. It's not that big a deal so accepted it, close your eyes and it'll soon be over.

Posted on: 2012/2/10 14:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/8 15:08
Group:
Registered Users
Would I rather not have this practically in my backyard? Yes. Are there a ton of people that currently live in Jersey City that are far worse than these 2 twits? Yes. I wouldn't want to live next door to it, (and I feel sorry for the few that do), but it's not really going to make Jersey City better or worse. Furthermore, it's not these 2 that will do anything at all. It's all in how the producers portray the city. Looking at all the other shows they produce, there's not a good chance they will do anything to "glamorize" Jersey City, but they won't knock it down either. They didn't do anything for Seaside Heights because Seaside has ALWAYS been a dump. And as a previous poster said, Miami and Florence seem to be just fine. One thing it will definitely do is bring in business. Be prepared to see a lot more people wandering around and going to various bars looking for these "celebrities." ahem

Posted on: 2012/2/10 14:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/3/15 19:57
Group:
Banned
Quote:

brian_em wrote:
I much rather sign a petition to kick out all the hipsters or yuppie morons from the midwest.

Half of you have lived here for 8 seconds, and you already want to start telling other people they can't move to JC.

We have more F*n "Dog Runs" than hot girls?

I for one, welcome these girls and all the hot slutty friends they will bring with them.

Start hitting the gym, fellas. We have some business to take care of.

I can get behind this 110% with the yuppie thing. But I still dont think they should film here

Posted on: 2012/2/10 14:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:

I don't believe I stated that it would affect my life. I don't believe that something has to explicitly affect your life for you to give a damn about it. But...it WILL affect my life, seeing that I live 2 short blocks away, in ways that have been listed here (congestion, noise, public safety, general annoyances that come along with a high profile filming).

But the biggest reason as to why it "matters to me so much", is that I have pride in where I live and I'd rather it's image not be tarnished further. It's pretty simple.

Posted on: 2012/2/10 14:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/27 13:13
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

chiefdahill wrote:
Quote:

crushthedemoniac wrote:
All this stupid b.s. aside, Jwoww is fine

Jwow is totally a dude bro. That girl is packing heat downstairs, check out her adam's apple.

I'd still hit it. You can watch, though.

Posted on: 2012/2/10 13:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:

Posted on: 2012/2/10 12:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:

Posted on: 2012/2/10 12:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/23 10:53
Group:
Registered Users
Finally... We have a show for the city that fits them!!!
Its full of trash and now just what we need...more trash in the city!!!

Posted on: 2012/2/10 12:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/5 23:00
Group:
Registered Users
I much rather sign a petition to kick out all the hipsters or yuppie morons from the midwest.

Half of you have lived here for 8 seconds, and you already want to start telling other people they can't move to JC.

We have more F*n "Dog Runs" than hot girls?

I for one, welcome these girls and all the hot slutty friends they will bring with them.

Start hitting the gym, fellas. We have some business to take care of.

Posted on: 2012/2/10 6:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Oh for pete's sake.

Look, the papers are signed. Money has (most likely) been exchanged, legitimately and not so much. This is going to happen. Why not treat it like the carnival sideshow it is and just enjoy the spectacle? Six weeks is not a long time, and any petition will just make us look like a bunch of whiners.

I, for one, would rather be associated with guidos than crybabies.

Posted on: 2012/2/10 6:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/12 15:20
From Downtown Ex Pat happy in McGinley Sq.
Group:
Registered Users
Well, perhaps the petition is a starting point? Which is why I was asking the petition poster what his long-term plan of attack is. And to let us know how we can help.

Posted on: 2012/2/10 5:54

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/4/15 15:04
Group:
Registered Users
Anyone who thinks an Internet petition is going to make a difference needs to grow up.

If you really want this to stop, flood the mayor's office with phone calls, organize yourselves and contact news outlets. But an Internet petition is just silly.

I, for one, will treat this like having a zoo just down the street.

Fortunately it will all be over in about six weeks time, so much harm can really be done?

Posted on: 2012/2/10 5:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/12 15:20
From Downtown Ex Pat happy in McGinley Sq.
Group:
Registered Users
I am all for this petition against this. But I am wondering what will happen with it after the goal number of sigs is reached. Honest question. Do you really think the mayor will give a crap and listen to us now? I sure hope we make a difference here, but I hardly see the mayor pulling the plug or listening to us, unfortunately.

Posted on: 2012/2/10 5:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users

Nearby Hoboken last week denied the show a permit to film, citing safety and quality of life concerns for residents of the city along the Hudson River.

Jersey City Mayor Jerramiah Healy said he believes the show is an opportunity to promote the city.

http://news.yahoo.com/jersey-city-cle ... re-spinoff-122912158.html

Posted on: 2012/2/10 4:54

« 1 ... 8 9 10 (11) 12 13 14 15 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017