Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
63 user(s) are online (52 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 63

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Downtown: 6pm at Dixon Mills Condos -- Teens threaten then push 68 year old woman
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/6/9 20:50
Group:
Banned
First and Foremost it is rediculous to compare Dixon mills with any other development in the city.
There are four individual buildings, not just one.

In addition if you read the posting it says that the whole thing was caught on DIXON MILLS cameras.

Dixon mills is VERY safe. I have been living there for three years and there have been 0 incidents until this one.

If you compare the amount of security infrastructure with any other developments you will find that dixon mills has more security cameras, guards and lights than all others.

Dixon mills contributes significantly to the safety of the van vorst neighborhood and the blocks it encompasses.
It is just a coincidence this happenned on DM's property.

Posted on: 2012/1/10 20:43

Re: Downtown: 6pm at Dixon Mills Condos -- Teens threaten then push 68 year old woman
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

OneSkirt wrote:
I sure hope this woman is ok.

We all know this an urban environment and unfortunately, crimes are still bound to happen. The Dixon Mills developers & sales staff have been carefully trying to cultivate this image of the strong sense of community, safety and well-being you get when you buy at Dixon Mills. But management fails to hold up this end of the bargain all too often as evidenced here.

This is sad, I hope she's ok too.

FYI, we are not "safe" at Dixon Mills, just lucky. Ever walk past the security booth to see the guards fast asleep? They prob were not asleep at 6 pm but at 2amor 3 am, you have a 50/50 shot at a snooze fest in there.

Posted on: 2012/1/10 19:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/12 15:20
From Downtown Ex Pat happy in McGinley Sq.
Group:
Registered Users
I sure hope this woman is ok. I had heard from a neighbor that she was ringing the door buzzers as she was coming to visit a resident.

As a resident of this complex, I am disturbed that management still has not addressed this issue with the community as a whole in order to raise awareness and help us keep safe. They send us email blasts all the time about the tiniest things (mostly building etiquette and renovation related). In fact, sometimes we get 4+ more emails a day from management on individual matters (seriously). Yet, this has yet to be broadcast to us so that we may be more diligent, and to let us know what, if any, security enhancements are being put forth.

We all know this an urban environment and unfortunately, crimes are still bound to happen. The Dixon Mills developers & sales staff have been carefully trying to cultivate this image of the strong sense of community, safety and well-being you get when you buy at Dixon Mills. But management fails to hold up this end of the bargain all too often as evidenced here.

Posted on: 2012/1/10 19:03

Downtown: 6pm at Dixon Mills Condos -- Teens threaten then push 68 year old woman
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Teens at 6pm threaten, push woman, 68

A 68-year-old Bergenfield woman was attacked by two teenagers who threatened to hit her after pushing her into the entrance of a Downtown residential building Saturday evening, police reports said.

Police were called to Dixon Mills residential building at 342 Monmouth St. at 6:04 p.m. where they met the victim who said she was at a stairway entrance on the northwest side of the former pencil factory when two teenage boys approached her, reports said.

Security footage showed two suspects push her into the corner stairway, reports said. The victim said one of the boys was about to hit her with a ?small dark object? but stopped when she screamed, reports said.

The suspects fled when a passing driver yelled from his car window that he was going to call 911, reports said. The shaken victim, who refused medical attention, could not recall whether the assailants demanded money or not, reports said.

Posted on: 2012/1/9 15:21

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017