Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
160 user(s) are online (132 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 160

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Noise from Convalescent Center on Manila n 8th St
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/4 19:30
Group:
Registered Users
I contacted Councilperson SF and he reponded very quickly and cc some other official to rectify the situation. All I know, the HUMMING stopped for all of last evening! For now.

Posted on: 2011/12/21 14:31

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/4/6 15:32
Group:
Registered Users
Call the Mayor action Bureau #

Posted on: 2011/12/20 20:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
There have been plumbers/workers there for weeks now. Not sure what they are installing or repairing but I am guessing that because of the nature of that building the city will allow the noise to continue unfortunately. Below are the JC noise ordinances.

? 222-1. - Findings; policy.

A.
The making and creation of loud, unnecessary or unusual noises within the City of Jersey City is a condition which has existed for some time and the extent and volume of such noises is increasing.

B.
The making, creating or maintenance of loud, unnecessary, unnatural or unusual noises which are prolonged, unusual and unnatural in their time, place and use affect and are a detriment to public health, comfort, convenience, safety, welfare and prosperity of the residents of the city.

C.
The necessity in the public interest for the provisions and prohibitions hereinafter enacted is declared as a matter of legislative determination and public policy, and it is further declared that the provisions and prohibitions hereinafter enacted are in pursuance of and for the purpose of securing and promoting the public health, comfort, convenience, safety, welfare and prosperity and the peace and quiet of the city and its inhabitants.

? 222-2. - General standards.

A.
No person shall make, continue or cause to be made or continued any loud, unnecessary or unusual noise or any noise which either annoys, disturbs, injures or endangers the comfort, repose, health, peace or safety of others.

B.
No person on property owned by him or her or under lease or other arrangements shall allow or give permission to any person on the property to utter or make loud, unnecessary or unusual noises or any noise which either annoys, disturbs, injures or endangers the comfort, repose, health, peace or safety of others.

Posted on: 2011/12/20 20:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
There was never any noise until 3 months or so ago, maybe a bit longer. As soon as those trucks came around, the noise started. It is not always on, but when it is, sounds like a spaceship has landed, that HUMMING. I would say it is on at least 16 of the 24 hours in a day! And yes, it is located on the 8th Street side facing St. Anthony HS.

Someone, is there some NUISANCE law here.

Posted on: 2011/12/20 19:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/11 14:53
Group:
Registered Users
I pretty sure that is the buildings HVAC exhaust you are hearing. The vents are on 8th street side of the complex and as far as I know, they run 24/7.

Posted on: 2011/12/20 17:07

Noise from Convalescent Center on Manila n 8th St
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
When walking by the tall convalescent center on Manila between Pavonia and 8th Street (across from the Hudson Savings Bank), there is an annoying HUMMING noise. I see an air condition repair truck there sometimes, but his HUMMING noise continues, so annoying.

Who can this be reported to as a nuisance????

Posted on: 2011/12/20 16:41

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017