Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
105 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 105

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 »

Re: Tilted Kilt - Pub & Eatery (&boobs)
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/21 18:00
From DTJC
Group:
Registered Users
I've been to the Hoboken location on several occasions. The uniforms or lack thereof scantily clad waitstaff are a bit annoying and sort of stupid. It doesn't offend my feminist principles too badly, though.

I am amused that the male bartenders -- who seem very nice -- wear kilts.

I'm a sports nut -- and they do a decent job as a "sports bar."

Food is average chain stuff.

Crowd in HBoken is mostly your average 20-to-30-something professional white guy out with his buddies only semi-on-the-prowl. But whether that's just Hoboken or the bar itself, who knows.

Posted on: 2013/3/22 21:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
The staff is nothing what imagined it would be... They should really upgrade. These look like ordinary Hudson county gals I find at the local home depot on route 440. Not impressed.

Posted on: 2013/3/22 21:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Does the Hoboken location do well? I'm just having a hard time imagining who would go there, especially the JC location. Seems like the type of place more suited for Paramus to be honest.

Posted on: 2013/3/22 20:59

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/7/31 18:01
From In your dreams
Group:
Registered Users
Looks like the schoolgirl costume I wore to my cousins Halloween party. Except I had on 6in stilettos, not grandma shoes. LOL.

Posted on: 2013/3/22 20:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/7 17:48
From 8th st
Group:
Registered Users
All I care about is they they actually seem to be setup to view sports. The Hoboken location did a great job for RU football games last year, including actually turning up the volume so you could hear the game.

Posted on: 2013/3/22 20:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/27 13:13
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users
Yikes.

Posted on: 2013/3/22 20:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
are these the actual "entertainers" @TK in Jersey City?

Posted on: 2013/3/22 20:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/27 0:25
Group:
Registered Users
Judging by that Jersey Journal slideshow, the clientele seems to consist predominantly of sad-looking old men... Why can't they at least be young, good-looking pervs?

http://photos.nj.com/jersey-journal/2 ... t_pub_eatery_in_jers.html

Posted on: 2013/3/22 20:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Posted on: 2013/3/22 20:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Ron Stein/The Jersey Journal
Resized Image

Looking for a new place to watch the big game or grab a few drinks with friends?
Tilted Kilt, opened in Jersey City, yesterday at 201 Marin Blvd.

The 4,800 square foot eatery and pub offers a large beer selection including standard drafts, as well as more than 25 craft bottles.

The food menu has everything from wraps and salads to bar snacks.

Tilted Kilt has a location on Jackson Street in Hoboken.

?We figured that Jersey City would be another good target market to open,? said general manager Adam Hendricks. ?We don?t believe there is a sports bar of this caliber in Jersey City and we thought this would be a good opportunity.?

Food will be served from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Monday through Thursday with the bar open until 1 a.m. and 11 a.m. to midnight with the bar open until 2 on Friday through Sunday.

For more information, call (201) 984-9346.

Posted on: 2013/3/22 19:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
This place looks like it's about to open. In fact, it almost looked open when I walked by tonight. It looks like a TGI Fridays inside.

Posted on: 2013/3/20 2:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
I take it neither of you (Caj, Vindication - which, by the way, based on your posts here, I'm guessing you pretty much go through life seeking vindication...) has a young daughter. At least I hope not. Trading on your body and sexuality for tips (or so you can lip sync records on TV to sell albums) is not a message I want conveyed. Not that she won't be exposed to it, I just don't think her dad needs to be condoning it. That might be a distinction you'll better understand at some point in the future.

I'm a grown man. If I were seeking the company of a woman, it wouldn't require a large screen television or chicken wings. Nor would it require the woman to be on someone else's payroll so she'd pretend to be into me.

Frankly, by far my biggest concern is potential impact to my resale value. As I said earlier, I'd prefer this place to an empty retail spot I just don't want trashy signage littering the outside of my building. And since you don't live here, frankly, your vote doesn't matter. Bottom line is, by not being open in time for the Super Bowl, I suspect this place
isn't going to be around for the long haul anyhow. They were targeting an opening of four weeks ago and couldn't manage to get open for the biggest sports day of the year. Not surprising (to me) considering who is involved - but likely an indication of how things will (or won't) transpire going forward.

Posted on: 2013/2/4 15:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users

BOUNCED!?Brooklyn folks around Nets' new home say bra humbug to Hooters?

Read more: click link below

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/b ... hooters-article-1.1070240

Posted on: 2013/2/4 14:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
/beyonce-gq-cover.jpg[/img][/quote]

wow way to take my post completely out of context. You work for fox news don't you? I said, the servers at tilted kily will wear nothing more revealing than what beyonce wore AT THE SUPERBOWL.

Let me know if you need me to underline and bold important text for you. [/quote]

Or, what most women wear at a public swimming pool or beach. In any case, I hope that people who feel it is a bad place for their children simply don't take them there, rather than try to drive the restaurant out of the neighborhood.

Posted on: 2013/2/4 11:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/2/4 3:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:
Quote:

T-Bird wrote:
...I'm really not happy about the stripperish looking images on the side of my building...

Glad my condo isn't over those doors --are there more doors coming?

Resized Image

...and check out this video

http://www.youtube.com/embed/6kwWBcseHMw

...servers at tilted kilt will wear nothing more revealing than what beyonce wore...

Resized Image

wow way to take my post completely out of context. You work for fox news don't you? I said, the servers at tilted kily will wear nothing more revealing than what beyonce wore AT THE SUPERBOWL.

Let me know if you need me to underline and bold important text for you.

Posted on: 2013/2/4 3:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:

btw, the servers at tilted kilt will wear nothing more revealing than what beyonce wore during the superbowl - you know, the most watched event in sports history.

Funny you mention the Beyonce performance - I turned it off less than a minute into it. Not the kind of image I want glorified for my 11-year old daughter. So I guess I'm consistent.

Posted on: 2013/2/4 3:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:
Quote:

T-Bird wrote:
...I'm really not happy about the stripperish looking images on the side of my building...

Resized Image

...servers at tilted kilt will wear nothing more revealing than what beyonce wore...

Resized Image

Posted on: 2013/2/4 3:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:
Quote:

T-Bird wrote:

Resized Image

so what? jc has a lot of EMPTY retail space and if it is a legal establishment that is not a 99 cent store, you should welcome it. There was NOTHING egregious asked during the interview.

btw, the servers at tilted kilt will wear nothing more revealing than what beyonce wore during the superbowl - you know, the most watched event in sports history.

Posted on: 2013/2/4 2:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

T-Bird wrote:

Resized Image

Posted on: 2013/2/3 23:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Quote:

immigrationlawyer wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
No matter where they put it, people will complain. The joy of living downtown NYC, L.A. or even JC these type of places will pop up in your backyard.
This is the joy of living downtown in a city. Noise, pollution, and night life (boobs) are just part of the downtown experience. Enjoy it.

Where is there a Hooters or Tilted Kilt in downtown NYC?
Who mentioned "noise, pollution, or night life"? I am complaining about a tacky, cheesy chain establishment. See JaddedJC's post if you need to help in further comprehending the basis of why there might be complaints.
Complain all you want... if they follow all the applicable regulations regarding noise, sanitation, zoning, serving of alcohol and anything else that might affect the nearby residents, they have every right to be there as any other restaurant would be. Welcome to the capitalist system, and living in a city. Tacky and cheesy are subjective terms and you can't create regulations against them. If you don't like it, don't go there, don't tell your friends about it, and if it bothers you to see it if you have to walk by the place every day on your way to work, then look the other way.

They tried this approach with new neighbors in old neighborhoods with real estate block busting. But it never really surfaced in turn the people had to co-exsist in a peaceful manner as TK will in thier new neighborhood.

Posted on: 2012/12/13 13:12
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

immigrationlawyer wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
No matter where they put it, people will complain. The joy of living downtown NYC, L.A. or even JC these type of places will pop up in your backyard.

This is the joy of living downtown in a city. Noise, pollution, and night life (boobs) are just part of the downtown experience.

Enjoy it.

Who mentioned "noise, pollution, or night life"?

I am complaining about a tacky, cheesy chain establishment.

See JaddedJC's post if you need to help in further comprehending the basis of why there might be complaints.

Complain all you want... if they follow all the applicable regulations regarding noise, sanitation, zoning, serving of alcohol and anything else that might affect the nearby residents, they have every right to be there as any other restaurant would be. Welcome to the capitalist system, and living in a city. Tacky and cheesy are subjective terms and you can't create regulations against them. If you don't like it, don't go there, don't tell your friends about it, and if it bothers you to see it if you have to walk by the place every day on your way to work, then look the other way.

Posted on: 2012/12/13 1:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
immigrationlawyer asked:
Quote:

Hooters (in Manhattan, midtwon)

Address
211 West 56th Street
New York, NY 10019

Posted on: 2012/12/12 15:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
To use another example, in my opinion Powerhouse Lounge could have made something really cool with that space. But they made it all slick and cheesy and it has simply become a happy hour spot for suburban workers in the area who take advantage of the dirt cheap corporate happy hour special.

When I first moved to the city, that place was a gay bar under the name Albert s and allot of the folks who lived downtown then who were mostly older Latinos and Filipinos around the Hamilton Park area, wanted it shut down.

They felt the area was a family area and did not belong there. The place was a huge hit, people even came in from NYC to attend. Finally it changed into a comedy bar which pleased the residents but it was a big fail. I think most who are complaining on this thread are either married or attached and wont be able to attend.. my bottom line is I love seeing jobs come to JC.

Posted on: 2012/12/11 23:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah, I think that most of us who are complaining about this place coming to Gull's Cove are just complaining about the fact that it's a crappy chain establishment that is better suited for a suburban area on the side of a highway. Seems like a place where dudes can go watch their team and eat mediocre wings and chase it with some cold pints of watery mass-produced beer.

It's my observation that the people that are opening bars around here, with only a few exceptions (like Barcade), don't really understand the demographic. To use another example, in my opinion Powerhouse Lounge could have made something really cool with that space. But they made it all slick and cheesy and it has simply become a happy hour spot for suburban workers in the area who take advantage of the dirt cheap corporate happy hour special. Now, if they decorated the joint with a divey/industrial vibe, had about 10 craft beers on tap, and had live original bands Thursday/Friday/Saturday, I think it would be a total gold mine. That is the kind of place that the people that live in downtown JC who DO go to bars, want.

Just look at how a place like Lucky's is packed almost every night, while a place like PJ Ryan's sits mostly empty (even on weekend nights).

Back to Tilted Kilt ... I don't see long term success for them at this location. On the plus side, if the place gets set up with a bar and a kitchen, maybe something a lot better will move into the space if and when Tilted Kilt cuts their losses and closes. FYI, I would never say that if it was an independent entrepreneur, but since it's a national corporate chain...

Posted on: 2012/12/11 23:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/16 12:23
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:

This is the joy of living downtown in a city. Noise, pollution, and night life (boobs) are just part of the downtown experience.

Enjoy it.

Who mentioned "noise, pollution, or night life"?

I am complaining about a tacky, cheesy chain establishment.

See JaddedJC's post if you need to help in further comprehending the basis of why there might be complaints.

Posted on: 2012/12/11 21:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:
True. Of course the other benefits of living in downtown JC versus other areas of JC (like GV and BL) are less violent crime like murders and rape,

yes sir, and less a$$holes up here in GV

Ouch. That hurt me user. Hurt me a lot. I will pray for you...mostly for your safety cause you know, less murders and rapes where I live.

Posted on: 2012/12/11 20:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
True. Of course the other benefits of living in downtown JC versus other areas of JC (like GV and BL) are less violent crime like murders and rape,

yes sir, and less a$$holes up here in GV

Posted on: 2012/12/11 20:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:

Enjoy it.

True. Of course the other benefits of living in downtown JC versus other areas of JC (like GV and BL) are less violent crime like murders and rape, actual restaurants and stores, transportation into a major city, and did I mention less murders and rapes? Oh, and there are less murders and rapes...

Posted on: 2012/12/11 20:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
I wish they'd build a bar that has blah, blah, blah....... What a joke. Last thing we need are more bars that will sit empty for months until they finally get the message. We have more than enough bars people. You wanted them so USE THEM. There ain't gonna be ________'s Bar that has all the things that ________ loves. Losers.

Posted on: 2012/12/11 20:07

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017