Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
105 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 105

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: A Voyeur or an Idiot?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

cbg wrote:
Why should that be pointed out?

To highlight how SOME Indians value and treat women and MIGHT believe in those traditions outside their Country.

Rejection from their advances could be seen as the ultimate insult !

Posted on: 2011/9/28 22:56
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/4/24 16:13
Group:
Registered Users
Why should that be pointed out?

Posted on: 2011/9/28 22:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
It should be pointed out that some parts of India regard their women as second class citizens and still practice the right to set their wife on fire or throw acid at non-responding women to their courting.
Your update sounds like he might have a mental health issue if he has ignored your direct approach of protest.

Posted on: 2011/9/28 21:42
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/8 15:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quite honestly, if this guy is out in the open sitting and staring or whatever, that's his business. You should probably be more concerned with the people you can't see, rather than someone in broad daylight sitting in a chair outside looking at you.

Posted on: 2011/9/28 21:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/12/12 21:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bloodtv wrote:

The reaction I got from him seems to be so much in the style with interactions with [B]these people,[/B] dismissive, like much of the group here.

Not to mention aoao. . . .

Quote:

TheTacoTruck wrote:
Our thread doesn't seem so bad anymore...

Posted on: 2011/9/28 20:26
"Someday a book will be written on how this city can be broke in the midst of all this development." ---Brewster

Oh, wait, there is one: The Jersey Sting.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/1/18 16:12
From Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
bloodtv: I just want to offer some moral support since you're catching so much heat. It's upsetting to not be able to relax in your own home. I second the suggestion of talking to the landlord. I'm sure they don't want the liability of this person hanging out on the roof.

I can relate as this summer our neighbors kept climbing onto the roof of OUR building and sunbathing in their tighty whities! Asking them to stop didn't deter them. Instead they put a heavy object on the exit to the roof so we couldn't catch them in the act. But I sure as heck could hear them when I was directly below in my yard.

I finally got in touch with the landlord of their building (who lives abroad) and they intervened. Problem is, now I'M the d-bag. They've been telling everyone in the neighborhood that I complained to the landlord about their NUDE TRESPASSING ON MY ROOF! Some people are just plain old unreasonable.

Posted on: 2011/9/28 19:30

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/12/22 22:35
Group:
Banned
Our thread doesn't seem so bad anymore...

Posted on: 2011/9/28 18:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/14 20:15
From Crystal Point
Group:
Registered Users
Even though some or most of those people may make our lives a little more difficult, to complain against them seems rather shortsighted. Especially, when we have other ethnicities where larceny, rape, assault and murder are popular activities.

Posted on: 2011/9/28 18:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/21 16:46
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

aoao wrote:

Have you guys ever taken the path train? I've seen Indian FOBs literally outrun pregnant women and the elderly to grab a seat.

I've always been waiting for someone else to notice this. Glad I'm not the only one.

Posted on: 2011/9/28 17:44

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/5/25 15:19
Group:
Registered Users
Perhaps he's out there wondering why your always looking up at him...Who's the voyeur now?

Posted on: 2011/9/28 17:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
"STOP LOOKING AT ME SWAN!"

Posted on: 2011/9/28 17:29

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/11/27 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
dang, this just got racist as hell

Posted on: 2011/9/28 17:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

aoao wrote:
OK, ill just go out and say it. INDIAN people from INDIA are the rudest most common sense lacking people in the world. This guys lacks common sense and is not out to do anything to you or your family. He just simply does not know any better. So, voyeur or idiot? Simple. He's Indian.

Have you guys ever taken the path train? I've seen Indian FOBs literally outrun pregnant women and the elderly to grab a seat. Also, ever walk in front of one? They love to shadow all your steps within 2 feet DIRECTLY behind you. Super annoying. They're so stupid. No offense. But, they're all idiots.

Now, I'm not talking about all Indians, I'm specifically talking about the Indians from lower classes that just moved here. They're terrible. Not the doctor type of indians, but the call center/I.T. indians. I hate them. They're rude, obnoxious and just plain lack common sense.

Please, do your part to help make the world a better place.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seppuku

Posted on: 2011/9/28 15:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/3/26 15:30
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

aoao wrote:
Have you guys ever taken the path train?

Are you talking about the ones with the comically huge backpacks who refuse to take them off on the PATH train? Seriously, are you going to work or camping for the weekend.

Posted on: 2011/9/28 14:59

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/1/22 15:38
From harsimus cove
Group:
Registered Users
i actually had a similar situation and the person escalated it by making comments to me on the street about things he had seen & cursing at me. spoke to a cop and while there was technically nothing criminal being done, they did come by to knock on his door and tell him to, well, stop being creepy.

Posted on: 2011/9/28 14:57

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/19 19:54
Group:
Registered Users
OK, ill just go out and say it. INDIAN people from INDIA are the rudest most common sense lacking people in the world. This guys lacks common sense and is not out to do anything to you or your family. He just simply does not know any better. So, voyeur or idiot? Simple. He's Indian.

Have you guys ever taken the path train? I've seen Indian FOBs literally outrun pregnant women and the elderly to grab a seat. Also, ever walk in front of one? They love to shadow all your steps within 2 feet DIRECTLY behind you. Super annoying. They're so stupid. No offense. But, they're all idiots.

Now, I'm not talking about all Indians, I'm specifically talking about the Indians from lower classes that just moved here. They're terrible. Not the doctor type of indians, but the call center/I.T. indians. I hate them. They're rude, obnoxious and just plain lack common sense.

Posted on: 2011/9/28 14:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/5 14:16
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bloodtv wrote:

What does anyone else think? I've watched this idiot covertly, and noticed him staring ahead , seemingly at all the apartment windows, sometimes on a phone, sometimes not. Should I just call the cops next time I catch this?

It?s not unusual to be disturbed by individuals who do not fulfill our conventional expectations, but that?s about as potent a situation as you?re describing. Further, and by your own admission, the only person engaging in surreptitious observation is your seemingly bigoted self. Consider the likely prospect that your neighbor isn?t interested in peeking at you or anyone else, even though he is clearly the object of your own personal interest.

Posted on: 2011/9/28 14:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
I would love to see a photo of this guy, where he is sitting, proximity to your apartment etc. You would have to obscure his face though.

Posted on: 2011/9/28 14:35

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/6/3 10:24
Group:
Registered Users
I appreciate the comments and posts by people like Heights, FAB, and the most-recent one. A few more comments by myself... This person is a tenant, and not the landlord, I've seen the landlord, but have not managed to catch her in of late. Yes, this person sits there when it is dark, and when it is pre-dawn (I wake up early)...sit in my office and look out and see him there sometimes. And finally, if he is just a weirdo with some problems, or just does not care...if any of the homes he is facing are broken into...he would become suspect #1 just for his current actions.

And oh yes, he can certainly turn the chair and face another way...that way looks out over the yards on another street, but the homes are further away. This seems in my mind, to support my own theory that for some reason, because our homes are closer he can position himself this way and see in.

Posted on: 2011/9/28 14:19

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/3/14 15:59
From 07304
Group:
Registered Users
We had a similar problem when we moved into our home. There's a church directly behind our home where a man with non-descript mental issues lives. He would sit all day in a lawn chair that he positioned facing the back of our house and stare and smoke cigars. It was just a small alley back there and there was no reason he couldn't be sitting in a more pleasant area of the church grounds than in a small alley facing our home. Our first purchase was a nice big vinyl fence from lowes to block his view. And we put curtains in all our windows. Still sometimes when we are trying to enjoy the backyard we can smell cigar smoke back there and hear him hacking up a lung. I understand the renter's frustration and it's worse because you are not the property owner. I would definitely do as others suggested and find out who owns that guy's property and contact them regarding roof use. It also can't hurt to look up the sex offender registry, put in your address, and look at the pictures of the offenders that live in your neighborhood to make sure he is not one of them.

Posted on: 2011/9/28 13:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:

Are you serious FAB? Someone sitting on their stoop/terrace/balcony on their own property, facing yours, is a likely stalker? That's just simply peddling the paranoia. If you need privacy, within your home, use blinds, use curtains, use reflective window coatings, or even use the magicians trick of putting bright lighting just inside the window and that will hide what's inside.

Stop trying to figure what's in the other guy's head. You're probably wrong. Deal with your own head and put your mind at ease within your own property.

Stalker / Voyuer / Idiot, they don't have that tattooed on their forehead especially when the dude is focusing and positioning himself in directline of your window. Its easy to brush off this sort of behavor until you're victim.

Let your conscious dictate what you do - if you feel threaten or uncomfortable then take steps to confirm, then address it - Your home should not be a prison.

Posted on: 2011/9/28 5:50

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/12/24 13:20
Group:
Registered Users
go here http://tax1.co.monmouth.nj.us/cgi-bin ... &out_type=0&district=0906 type in the address of the building and get the owners name. Then reverse 411.com them and see if you get a phone number.

You should have a bunch of friends over, set up shop outside and all silently stare blankly in his direction. There should be at least 10 of you.

Maybe you could post a picture of the crime scene here without the guy in it so we can all see exactly what you're talking about.

Posted on: 2011/9/28 4:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
This is serious, this idiot is STALKING not a voyeur or idiot. By watching you, he will know if you're single, when your at home or work, who your friends are and when they are most likely to visit, the time you go to bed and get up and even when you get up at night to take a pee.
The worst case scenario is that he could get so worked up that he might commit a physical crime.
I'd add least speak to Police about this guy, so there is some sort of record. The only thing you could do is to embarass him indirectly without finger pointing or by name.

Resized Image

I'd even buy one of these, incase he or some-one else sticks up a camera to watch you instead. A must for all single women.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Anti-surveill ... ain_0&hash=item27bea104d2

Are you serious FAB? Someone sitting on their stoop/terrace/balcony on their own property, facing yours, is a likely stalker? That's just simply peddling the paranoia. If you need privacy, within your home, use blinds, use curtains, use reflective window coatings, or even use the magicians trick of putting bright lighting just inside the window and that will hide what's inside.

Stop trying to figure what's in the other guy's head. You're probably wrong. Deal with your own head and put your mind at ease within your own property.

Posted on: 2011/9/28 2:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
This is serious, this idiot is STALKING not a voyeur or idiot. By watching you, he will know if you're single, when your at home or work, who your friends are and when they are most likely to visit, the time you go to bed and get up and even when you get up at night to take a pee.
The worst case scenario is that he could get so worked up that he might commit a physical crime.
I'd add least speak to Police about this guy, so there is some sort of record. The only thing you could do is to embarass him indirectly without finger pointing or by name.

Resized Image

I'd even buy one of these, incase he or some-one else sticks up a camera to watch you instead. A must for all single women.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Anti-surveill ... ain_0&hash=item27bea104d2

Posted on: 2011/9/28 2:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
I love JC LIST especially it's responses. But what I really can't believe is how some people take life with a grain of salt. Doesn't anybody have any sense of responsibility around here ?

Posted on: 2011/9/28 1:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Ask your landlord if he knows the other landlord -- or contact the other landlord yourself -- I doubt any landlord wants a tenant up sitting on the roof -- but if he doesn't care then you might be SOL.

Resized ImageResized ImageResized ImageResized ImageResized ImageResized ImageResized Image

Posted on: 2011/9/28 0:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

njlist wrote:
frankly, i find the orig post sort of weird.
Half the time, Heights, i don't know if you're for real, or some caricature.'

Just some caricature

Posted on: 2011/9/28 0:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
I'm still waiting to see if the voyeurs opposite my house complain about me walking around stark naked.

Posted on: 2011/9/28 0:25

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/9/27 23:58
Group:
Registered Users
frankly, i find the orig post sort of weird.

if the roof sitter OWNED the house, built railings and made the roof into a deck, would this even be an issue? Bloodtv would clearly be out of line to even suggest that a homeowner had no right to sit on their deck and stare out at the scenery right in front of him.

in that light, Bloodtv's insistence that he has any legal right to dictate where a neighbor can stare, while sitting on his own porch would be downright bizarre.

is it really that different if the roof sitter happens to be a tenant? He hasn't trespassed on bloodtv's property. He's merely sitting in the sunshine, in a building he lives in, and staring into yard/airspace before him? Last time i checked, this is America, hopefully not some police state that regulates where you can stare, while on your own porch.

As for Heights, who wrote, "Hey they're people too (no matter what the nationality or heritage) and also have temptations so yes I would be concerned about this weirdo's antics. Make a police report so if something happens in the near future you have it documented. And by the way he's lucky it's you and not someone else who would take matters in their own hands."....

Half the time, Heights, i don't know if you're for real, or some caricature.
'

Posted on: 2011/9/28 0:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
In the daylight, it's really hard to see inside a window. Seriously, go out into the sunshine and try to see what's going on behind any of your neighbor's windows. You won't see much of anything.

So maybe he's looking out towards you because that's the only direction to look. (I mean, other than positioning his chair so that he's staring at his own wall.) If he's up there at night, looking into your windows, that's another matter.

Don't rule out the possibility that he's just enjoying an early autumn afternoon, staring out into the middle-distance, focusing on nothing at all, and it only appears like he's burning a hole through your curtains with his eyes.

Also, since you brought his race into it, in a lot of cultures it's perfectly normal to pass the time by watching the world around you, rather than a TV or computer screen.

Just a thought, in the interest of neighborhood peace.

Posted on: 2011/9/27 23:49

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017