Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
122 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 122

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Sharing Light rail Tickets FYI
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/4 14:33
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Light Rail Cops, I say #OOPS# EM! When I'm done riding the light rail and my ticket has extra time I will always give it to someone I see who might need it.

I don't give to the obvious people who I can spot out who are usually down at Newport Station asking for people's tickets so those lazy ingrates can resell them.

If I don't find anyone who needs a ticket and I know I'm not going to ride the light rail anymore that day I'll tear it up and toss it in the trash.

Posted on: 2011/8/27 15:06

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/2/18 20:21
Group:
Registered Users
I had to respond to this thread....

I am sure it happens at other stations, but at the 9th street station there is a gentlemen that waits by the elevator bank and asks people getting off the train for their tickets. He then holds on to these tickets and tries to resell them to people who are at the machines trying to buy tickets from NJ Transit.

If there were cameras at stations how do they not catch someone like this? He is clearly taking money directly out of the pockets of N J Transit.

Posted on: 2011/8/26 16:11

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/5/25 15:19
Group:
Registered Users
I have at times purchased 5 at a time just to have in my wallet so i dont have to deal with missing trains waiting at the tix machine. Where they were purchased doesnt matter at all, as long as I stamp them right before i use them. If they dont say nontransferable then no harm no foul?

Posted on: 2011/8/26 15:42

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/6 17:42
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Kelcey wrote:
Don't the tickets themselves say 'non-transferable'?

No, they don't. The back says "Subject to applicable rules, regulations and tariffs. This ticket cannot be resold. Do not copy." Applicable rules, however, may say that it is not transferable. Though I certainly can't find those rules on the NJ Transit site. (Shocking, I know.)

There are code numbers on the front of the ticket that say what date it was purchased (and probably where and when) and the stamp itself tells you at which station it was validated.

Posted on: 2011/8/25 19:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/10 11:55
Group:
Banned
good point. I use monthly passes so I haven't used a daily pass in a while. I am going to take a look. I was just curious to see. And you have 90 minutes to use the card.

I didnt know there were location codes to know where you bought it but why does that matter? you can ride the rail for 90 minutes on the same card.

I know plenty people pass off cards. Just wanted to warn everyone that they smack you with a $75.00 ticket, just found that one out too..

It seems they don't want to say it they just want to ticket people. I disagree with the way HBLRT handles this.
There should be different prices for stops. If you travel from Bayonne to Union city you should pay more than if you travel from Liberty state park to exchange for example...

Posted on: 2011/8/25 18:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/2/6 21:28
Group:
Registered Users
Don't the tickets themselves say 'non-transferable'?

Posted on: 2011/8/25 17:14

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/5/25 15:19
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
by gibbons70 on 2011/8/25 11:34:29 there are location codes on the bottom of the tickets that say where said ticket was purchased.

It shouldnt matter where it was purchased, dont you have a few hours before it expires?

Posted on: 2011/8/25 16:32

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/7/12 21:26
Group:
Registered Users
there are location codes on the bottom of the tickets that say where said ticket was purchased.

Posted on: 2011/8/25 15:34

Sharing Light rail Tickets FYI
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/10 11:55
Group:
Banned
I have taken the light rail for years now and have always seen people leave their tickets on the machine if they still have time on it. Sometimes I have even handed it to someone when for example i go just one stop.'
Well yesterday I witnessed to people get stop with tickets and the officer tell them "we know you didn't buy these tickets"
I was shocked. I have emailed NJ transit and looked everywhere to see if there is a rule as to passing on a ticket which still has time left on it... and nothing..

I am figuring HBLRT has a station where they are watching every station? If the surveillance is so good I expect that there should be ZERO crime between some of the stations suce as LIberty to Richard.

JUST wanted to put this out there...I guess everyone should buy their own ticket but I don't know if 2.15 is fair for someone that has to go one stop anyway.....

Posted on: 2011/8/25 14:33

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017