Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
96 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 96

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: Hudson County Register's son arrested for marijuana possession, Jersey City police say
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
It kinda matters to me and probably Vigilante that you messed up our posts in your quote.

Webmaster - can you delete caj11's post #47 on this thread. He/she managed to mis-quote both myself and Vigilante - It looks like Vig & my quotes were swapped in error.

Posted on: 2011/7/16 3:15

Re: Hudson County Register's son arrested for marijuana possession, Jersey City police say
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Caj-11 - Any chance of reposting your last post. I think you attributed Vigilante's posts to me and vice-versa.

Oh, it doesn't matter. All I've gotta say is that I wouldn't be getting the same treatment Mr. Flood is getting because I am not related to the County Register, and furthermore, because these charges have gotten downgraded to the municipal court, there will be nothing on his criminal record. So he's gotten away with breaking the law again and clearly believes himself to be above it. So he'll continue breaking it again until the day comes that he does something REALLY bad. That's all I have to say, plain and simple.

Posted on: 2011/7/16 0:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Caj-11 - Any chance of reposting your last post. I think you attributed Vigilante's posts to me and vice-versa.

Posted on: 2011/7/15 20:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
[quote]
dtjcview wrote:

I think your post is directed at Caj11 or someone else. I am simply stating the facts of his arrests to prove that he is a punk and has escaped justice solely through plea bargaining. I blame the prosecutors office. This guy in NO WAY is a representative of the legalization movement. By the way? Those charges are real and a matter of record. If they weren't then he could sue the sh** out of the newspaper.

Wrong. Charges mean NOTHING.

Yes I know. That was the point of my post. They mean nothing because he struck a bargain to a lesser charge. But the fact is that persons made sworn statements about his behavior and about his criminal activity. They are moot simply because the prosecutors didn't want a trial and allowed his copping to a lesser charge. Legally those charges now mean nothing but the fact is he did behave that way.

Now the charges mean even less since they've gotten downgraded to municipal charges. On another note, while its true an employer can't necessarily fire you for being charged with a crime vs. being convicted of one, my boss would find a way and it's difficult to prove that they fired you because of you being arrested. I just can't believe I'd get the same breaks as Mr. Flood does, as my mother is not the County Register, or in any high-up position.

Posted on: 2011/7/15 2:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Yeah.... charged? Where's the convictions?

Look think about it. If you were the like of DSK or Flood - hauled through the courts on arrest charges, didn't get convicted of any crime. Might have agreed some kind of plea bargain that didn't include any felony record.

But got sacked by your employer. You'd sure as hell go after every penny you could. And in Flood's case that cash would come from us taxpayers.

I get your point Vigilante. JC has taken your kinda stance often enough and gotten burnt financially at the expense of the property owners. Stop burning my wallet with your principles please.

I think your post is directed at Caj11 or someone else. I am simply stating the facts of his arrests to prove that he is a punk and has escaped justice solely through plea bargaining. I blame the prosecutors office. This guy in NO WAY is a representative of the legalization movement. By the way? Those charges are real and a matter of record. If they weren't then he could sue the sh** out of the newspaper.

Yes I know. That was the point of my post. They mean nothing because he struck a bargain to a lesser charge. But the fact is that persons made sworn statements about his behavior and about his criminal activity. They are moot simply because the prosecutors didn't want a trial and allowed his copping to a lesser charge. Legally those charges now mean nothing but the fact is he did behave that way.

Posted on: 2011/7/15 2:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:

Look think about it. If you were the like of DSK or Flood - hauled through the courts on arrest charges, didn't get convicted of any crime. Might have agreed some kind of plea bargain that didn't include any felony record.

But got sacked by your employer. You'd sure as hell go after every penny you could. And in Flood's case that cash would come from us taxpayers.

I get your point Vigilante. JC has taken your kinda stance often enough and gotten burnt financially at the expense of the property owners. Stop burning my wallet with your principles please.

Posted on: 2011/7/15 1:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:

Posted on: 2011/7/15 1:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2011/7/15 0:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:
dtjcview wrote: @caj11 Number of arrests shouldn't count for anything, just the number of convictions. Any company that fires you for an arrest without a conviction opens itself to a world of pain in lawsuits. Given JC's budget comes out of our taxpayer pockets, including paying off lawsuits, I'd tread very carefully. @Vigilante Prove it. Take the guy to court, convict him of the offenses. Arrests <> convictions.
The son of Hudson County Register Willie Flood has been arrested yet again and police say this time he had more than an ounce of suspected marijuana on him, court papers say. Phillip T. Flood II, 33, of Wayne Street in Jersey City, allegedly had 1.2 ounces of marijuana when he was arrested Thursday in Jersey City, officials said. He was charged with drug possession, possession with intent to distribute and possession with intent to distribute both near a park and near a school, according to the complaint, which also says he had drug packaging paraphernalia. Phillip Flood appeared on the charges in Central Judicial Processing court in Jersey City yesterday via video link from Hudson County jail in Kearny. Willie Flood resigned her seat on the Jersey City City Council in February to focus on her ?personal health, family, and other responsibilities,? and she is apparently hospitalized. In November, Phillip Flood was charged with aggravated assault and making terroristic threats after a school security guard told him he could not park at School 29?s Clerk Street annex, officials said. In 2007, Flood II was charged with selling marijuana out of his mother?s Mercedes at Wayne and Barrow streets, and he was charged with offenses including dealing drugs within 1,000 feet of a school and within 500 feet of a park, reports said. The matter was later downgraded to municipal court. In 2006, the state charged Phillip Flood with unlawfully collecting $13,000 in unemployment insurance and he paid back the money and entered a pretrial intervention program, officials said. In early 2008, Willie Flood was inducted into Channel 5?s ?Hall of Shame? after reporter Arnold Diaz aired an expose on her hiring her son as her council aide and as a data processor in the Register?s Office. Phillip Flood gave up the $15,000 city job but kept the $40,000 county job, officials said, adding that he continues to hold the county post.

Posted on: 2011/7/15 0:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
@caj11 Number of arrests shouldn't count for anything, just the number of convictions. Any company that fires you for an arrest without a conviction opens itself to a world of pain in lawsuits. Given JC's budget comes out of our taxpayer pockets, including paying off lawsuits, I'd tread very carefully. @Vigilante Prove it. Take the guy to court, convict him of the offenses. Arrests <> convictions.

Posted on: 2011/7/15 0:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
According to the County Executive office, this most recent charge of marijuana possession just got downgraded to a municipal charge. Disgusting. Whether Mr. Flood will be punished or not is one thing, but because its a municipal charge, it won't be on his criminal record. Somehow this didn't make the papers either.

I'll say it again - my views on marijuana aside, for now, the dealing and usage of marijuana is illegal in New Jersey and until the law changes, nobody should be above it. Especially when they've been arrested four times and still manage to keep their job. I know my boss would have kicked me to the curb long ago if I was arrested four times, guilty or innocent.

Why do my tax dollars have to support this? Is it that hard to find people who are drug free to work for Hudson County?

I'd look at it from the perspective of why should the police and courts waste MY tax dollars prosecuting a "crime" that might only harm the marijuana user.

People who want to simply smoke weed usually do so in the privacy of their home. The people they buy from are always very discreet and sell the pot from their homes in small batches. Is it illegal? Yes. But these people are usually doing everything possible not to draw attention to themselves. They don't allow a revolving door of buyers who are going to attract attention of neighbors or police. They are never involved in "turf wars" nor carry guns. They don't menace people nor try to appear like a "high roller". They also don't sell or push drugs on children. And then there are guys like this Flood character.

Posted on: 2011/7/14 13:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
According to the County Executive office, this most recent charge of marijuana possession just got downgraded to a municipal charge. Disgusting. Whether Mr. Flood will be punished or not is one thing, but because its a municipal charge, it won't be on his criminal record. Somehow this didn't make the papers either.

I'll say it again - my views on marijuana aside, for now, the dealing and usage of marijuana is illegal in New Jersey and until the law changes, nobody should be above it. Especially when they've been arrested four times and still manage to keep their job. I know my boss would have kicked me to the curb long ago if I was arrested four times, guilty or innocent.

Why do my tax dollars have to support this? Is it that hard to find people who are drug free to work for Hudson County?

I'd look at it from the perspective of why should the police and courts waste MY tax dollars prosecuting a "crime" that might only harm the marijuana user.

True, but this is the fourth time he's been arrested and BOTH of our tax dollars are going to pay HIS salary for a county job which I am doubtful he is fit to hold, based on his character. I question whether or not he actually shows up for the job, AND would he still be in the job if his mother was not the county register?

Posted on: 2011/7/14 5:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

caj11 wrote:

Posted on: 2011/7/14 3:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2011/7/13 16:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Boris, when someone twice says they've already answered question, without restating it, they're weaseling and evading, case closed. A judge would cite you for contempt. If my summary of your position from your vague "I accept nothing forced from another" is incorrect, simply correct it in a clear and unambiguous manner.

Posted on: 2011/7/6 15:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/31 13:04
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

borisp wrote:
Quote:

brewster wrote:

Answer the question: Does you idea of "freedom from government safety regulations" include being treated at public expense if you are injured without your own ability to pay? Yes or no?

Already answered.

No, not clearly, it appears like you are trying to weasel out of actually choosing.

Nope. Already answered.

So, if you need any help with reading it, - you only need to explain which part was unclear, and I will gladly explain it to you.

But if you do not read what I write, - why would I bother repeating it?

Posted on: 2011/7/6 3:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Annod wrote:
Hudson County Register's son arrested for marijuana possession, Jersey City police say

In November, Phillip Flood was charged with aggravated assault and making terroristic threats after a school security guard told him he could not park at School 29?s Clerk Street annex, officials said.

In 2007, Flood II was charged with selling marijuana out of his mother?s Mercedes at Wayne and Barrow streets, and he was charged with offenses including dealing drugs within 1,000 feet of a school and within 500 feet of a park, reports said. The matter was later downgraded to municipal court.

In 2006, the state charged Phillip Flood with unlawfully collecting $13,000 in unemployment insurance and he paid back the money and entered a pretrial intervention program, officials said.

In early 2008, Willie Flood was inducted into Channel 5?s ?Hall of Shame? after reporter Arnold Diaz aired an expose on her hiring her son as her council aide and as a data processor in the Register?s Office.

Phillip Flood gave up the $15,000 city job but kept the $40,000 county job, officials said, adding that he continues to hold the county post.

http://www.nj.com/jjournal-news/index ... nty_registers_son_ar.html

The subject of legalizing marijuana aside, I'm sick of this whole thing. It was the last sentence of this story that irritated me the most - the fact that he still holds his job and our taxes pay his salary.

He has been arrested FOUR times (that we know about) in his time working for the county, yet he is still on the payroll. If I had been arrested that many times since 2006, and whether I was guilty or innocent, my employer would have kicked me to the curb a long time ago. Mr. Flood, on the other hand, has total job security.

While I might be in favor of legalizing marijuana, it is currently against the law to possess, buy or sell it (and I don't think he had it for medicinal purposes), and at the end of the day, we have to obey the law, no matter how ridiculous it may be. Willie's son has to resign his position, he is clearly not fit to do it, and he would be much better served working somewhere like Camden or East St. Louis, and not in a government position.

Posted on: 2011/7/5 23:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

borisp wrote:
Quote:

brewster wrote:

Answer the question: Does you idea of "freedom from government safety regulations" include being treated at public expense if you are injured without your own ability to pay? Yes or no?

Already answered.

No, not clearly, it appears like you are trying to weasel out of actually choosing. I guess we must we assume that "I never claimed that I or anyone else have the right to anything free." means you would prefer the freedom to take risks, and would therefore decline expensive medical care you could not afford, unless you somehow ended up in some mythical hospital funded entirely by voluntary charitable contributions.

Posted on: 2011/7/5 4:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:

Already answered.

Posted on: 2011/7/5 3:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Flood will get his day in court. You might be right Vigilante but I won't try him on this website.

Posted on: 2011/7/5 0:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Phillip Flood is a DRUG DEALER and has threatened and menaced people in the past. The whole point of legalization, which I agree with, is to eliminate people like Flood from the equation. He in no way should be held forth as a representative of the legalization movement. He is a thuggish bootlegger and that is all he'll ever be.

Posted on: 2011/7/4 22:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Let's bring it a little bit back on post. Legalizing marijuana, then taxing it, is better than criminalizing it.

Though I think tax on anything specific, like tobacco, alcohol, marijuana should be capped at close to cost to the state. Better still, credit that tax directly to personal health insurance for the drinker/smoker and take the government out of the picture. Our whole system of taxation is centuries old, and needs a major overhaul. It shouldn't be simply about government figuring easy ways of plugging budget holes.

Posted on: 2011/7/4 22:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Boris, you can't choose to pitch half my post and then say I'm being a big govt bully. The essence of my post was the choice between having full freedom to take all the risks you want, and giving up some freedoms for the public healthcare safety net provided by "other people". This a microcosm of the central compromise of modern civilization. Why do you studiously ignore the notion that if you choose full freedom to risk you should abdicate partaking of public resources if your gamble loses? That care is paid with taxes people are forced to pay, or worse, the sick are overcharged in order to treat the indigent.

Posted on: 2011/7/4 20:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I never claimed that I or anyone else have the right to anything free. It is somewhat puzzling how you read things that are not there. I mean, - I wrote nothing at all that can be interpreted this way, even when really stretching it.

As for the "right" to free things, - a "right" like this implies that a person has a "right" to force another person to work for him.

And this is something that is 100% incompatible with the rights to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness.

P.S. Given you propensity to read things I did not write, - note, that I do NOT claim that there is something wrong with getting things for free, or with other people working for you. What I say is - it is wrong to FORCE other people to work for you. "Force" is the key word here.

Posted on: 2011/7/4 20:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

borisp wrote:

And I did not find that "or" to add anything. One doesn't need any conditions to insist on his rights.

Rights to what? Physical risk or free healthcare? How in your philosophy do you have the right to both?

Posted on: 2011/7/4 17:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:

There was an "OR" in the 1st line of my post, the option to do as you please but not take from others.

And I did not find that "or" to add anything. One doesn't need any conditions to insist on his rights.

Quote:
It sure sounds like you're supporting a right to healthcare you haven't paid for, that's a "taking from other people" isn't it?

I reread my text, and I did not find anything that would support this statement.

Care to quote something that I said and explain how you derive the aforementioned conclusion?

Quote:
I don't deny that personal risk reduction is a damn slippery slope from helmets to healthy eating. But we can do things like stopping subsidizing unhealthy food industries.

Ok. You do not "deny" the "damn slippery slope". So, you intend to walk it with the full knowledge where it leads.

Accepted.

Well, my approach is very different. I respect people's rights and - if some law violates them, - I intend to do what i can to make those laws be gone, and the power of the government be brought back to the Constitutional limits.

Posted on: 2011/7/4 16:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

borisp wrote:
Quote:

brewster wrote:

I would be cool with this form of "no nanny state" Libertarianism if those who subscribe either have really great health insurance or carry a card saying "I refuse all forms of healthcare beyond my own resources under all circumstances". How many of the helmetless bikers zooming our roads do you think have insufficient insurance for the major head trauma they're taunting?

This is like a totalitarian MO :

1. Announce that you are going to provide some benefit, - at the expense of other people, of course.

2. Announce that since you now provide this benefit at the expense of other people, you just have to protect those other people, - and force them to behave "safely".

Every new program is used as a justification for the next one, - and always in order to "protect" us, - from the harm of the first program.

Somehow an idea that if the first program is harmful, we need to dismantle it, - is never considered. It is always used as a justification for the next step. And the next step. And the next step.

Ok, I have a question: where do you stop?

I mean, would you use the same logic to justify a law that would mandate:

A. Wearing warm clothes in winter?
B. Eating only Government-approved meals?
C. Washing hands regularly?
D. Doing Government-approved set of exercises?

Note, I do not argue that these are good, healthy things. I agree that they are. I am asking - are you going to FORCE us to do them, - based on the same reasoning that you just announced?

If not, - why not? Is there a difference a principle and logic?

Or is the difference only in that you want to move slowly, encroaching on our freedom step-by-step? What's your plan?

There was an "OR" in the 1st line of my post, the option to do as you please but not take from others. It sure sounds like you're supporting a right to healthcare you haven't paid for, that's a "taking from other people" isn't it?

I don't deny that personal risk reduction is a damn slippery slope from helmets to healthy eating. But we can do things like stopping subsidizing unhealthy food industries. You do know that corn gets huge gov't supports, but supporting fresh produce is specifically forbidden? Much can be done with carrots not sticks, but sometimes sticks are necessary, like requiring getting auto makers to put in seatbelts. They fought that tooth and nail you know. Lots of what we might consider common sense doesn't start out that way.

Posted on: 2011/7/4 15:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:

I would be cool with this form of "no nanny state" Libertarianism if those who subscribe either have really great health insurance or carry a card saying "I refuse all forms of healthcare beyond my own resources under all circumstances". How many of the helmetless bikers zooming our roads do you think have insufficient insurance for the major head trauma they're taunting?

This is like a totalitarian MO :

1. Announce that you are going to provide some benefit, - at the expense of other people, of course.

2. Announce that since you now provide this benefit at the expense of other people, you just have to protect those other people, - and force them to behave "safely".

Every new program is used as a justification for the next one, - and always in order to "protect" us, - from the harm of the first program.

Somehow an idea that if the first program is harmful, we need to dismantle it, - is never considered. It is always used as a justification for the next step. And the next step. And the next step.

Ok, I have a question: where do you stop?

I mean, would you use the same logic to justify a law that would mandate:

A. Wearing warm clothes in winter?
B. Eating only Government-approved meals?
C. Washing hands regularly?
D. Doing Government-approved set of exercises?

Note, I do not argue that these are good, healthy things. I agree that they are. I am asking - are you going to FORCE us to do them, - based on the same reasoning that you just announced?

If not, - why not? Is there a difference a principle and logic?

Or is the difference only in that you want to move slowly, encroaching on our freedom step-by-step? What's your plan?

Posted on: 2011/7/4 14:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:

It's a funny coincidence, those most likely to abuse their bodies whether it's drugs, no helmets or extreme sports are also those most likely to not have insurance to cover the health crisis they're playing dice with. There's good analogy somewhere to the fact that the states that claim the most "rugged independence" and frown on big gov't, are the biggest net recipients of Federal cash. If you talk the talk you gotta walk the walk...

This is BS-- these marijuana dealers always have guns! ...and they sell other drugs as well... but regardless ... Marijuana in NJ is already getting somewhat legalized (OK, mainly for older baby boomers with a doctor's note)

BTW...

NY motorcyclist in helmet protest hits head, dies

(AP) ? 23 hours ago

ONONDAGA, N.Y. (AP) ? A man riding bareheaded on one of about 550 motorcycles in an anti-helmet law rally lost control of his cycle, went over his handlebars, hit his head on the pavement and died, police said Sunday.

The motorcyclist, 55-year-old Philip A. Contos, likely would have survived the accident if he'd been wearing a helmet, state troopers said.

The accident happened Saturday afternoon in Onondaga, a town in central New York near Syracuse.

Contos was driving a 1983 Harley-Davidson on a helmet protest ride organized by the Onondaga chapter of American Bikers Aimed Towards Education, or ABATE, troopers said. The organization states that it encourages the voluntary use of helmets but opposes mandatory helmet laws.

Contos, of Parish, hit his brakes, and his motorcycle fishtailed and went out of control, flipping him over the handlebars, police said. He was pronounced dead at a hospital.

The statewide president of ABATE, Thomas Alton, said Contos wasn't a member of ABATE but was a motorcyclist with 30 years of experience.

"He was one of the public who wanted to join in support of helmet freedom," Alton said.

Participants in the ride, which the Onondaga chapter has held annually for 11 years on the July 4th weekend, were told it was their choice whether to wear helmets, Alton said, and some wore them while others didn't.

"I don't believe we've ever had a fatality on any group run of any kind," he said.

The ride, on a hot, sunny afternoon, was about 30 miles long from Syracuse to Lake Como near Cortland.
No other motorcycles were involved in the accident, Alton said.

"An officer of my group said there may have been equipment difficulties for the rider," he said. "Apparently he was riding a motorcycle that wasn't his usual one. Some vehicles have different quirks."

While mandatory helmet laws are a major issue for ABATE, the group also lobbies for numerous other issues, including adding motorcycle awareness to driver's permit exams and fighting motorcycle-only police checkpoints.

"Awareness is our first issue," Alton said. "A large percentage of motorcyclists killed on the highway have been because a car turned left in front of it."

New York is one of 20 states that require all motorcycle riders to wear helmets. Lobbying by motorcyclist groups has led some states to repeal helmet laws.

A helmet that meets federal standards reduces the wearer's chances of being killed in an accident by more than 40 percent, said safety consultant Jim Hedlund, of the Governors Highway Safety Association.

Annual motorcycle fatalities have more than doubled since the late 1990s, peaking in 2008 at 5,312 deaths but dropping to 3,615 last year, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration says.

Information from: The Post-Standard, http://www.syracuse.com

Posted on: 2011/7/4 14:10

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/7/26 20:22
From Jersey City
Group:
Banned
Quote:
Seagull wrote: Quote:
jcresident0001 wrote: Then Move!!! All of you who think or believe its OK ... LEAVE ... look at NYC I do not want to see JC SINK to that level!!!!! Its the begining you idiots!!!!!
It's the beginning of what? Sensibility? The only idiots here are the ones like you that believe it's better to lock people up for minor drug offenses like marijuana possession instead of decriminalizing it and fining people. Maybe if the cops didn't spend their manpower and our tax dollars to arrest people for minor possession, they could focus on the much bigger issues at hand like the ever-growing heroin problem we have in this state. You said you "do not want to see JC SINK to that level", but I hate to break it to you since you must be living under a rock.......JERSEY CITY HAS A HEROIN PROBLEM.....a big one. WAKE UP or move 'cause we're already below that level.

Seagull, your points are very strong. Common sense is not that common.

Posted on: 2011/7/4 3:06

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017