Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
121 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 121

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Hows the Lincoln & Milton neighborhood?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/25 1:50
Group:
Registered Users
I grew up on that block. It was quiet then, save for a few undesirable elements farther down Lincoln. For the most part, the area seems to have stayed the same / improved, with the notable exception of the family in the thread that is floating around these boards (with loud music / partying in their yards).

To me, partying outside is not a bad thing, as my family does it regularly. The key is how you control noise, and how late you stay outside. The family in question does not seem to have any regard for the well being of the neighbors, so that is one negative.

In general, I wouldn't classify that area as bad by any means. You're a short walk to JFK, which links you to both JSQ and NYC via the bus. You're also a short walk to Central Ave for essentials (bank, groceries, pharmacy). Not sure how parking is in the area, but one downside of the heights is the lack of parking late nights.

Posted on: 2011/6/28 21:16

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/6/28 18:17
Group:
Registered Users
It's a solid neighborhood- a lot of old time residents and good folks. That said, a few absentee landlords are renting to bad Tennant's: the house on the corner of Milton and bowers with the yard is a trash heep and the garages on the opposite corner are starting to look like a hangout. And yes, there are some section 8's on Lincoln between Milton and JFK but it's not too bad. It's more of a noisy inconsiderate neighbor type of thing.

Posted on: 2011/6/28 16:31

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/6/3 10:24
Group:
Registered Users
I don't know who the above person who posted your reply is. But there are three section 8 houses on Lincoln St. (between Milton and JFK blvd alone)...and pn Bowers...we have our own battles with trash:

http://jclist.com/modules/newbb/viewt ... id=271619#forumpost271619

So, decide for yourself.

Posted on: 2011/6/28 13:34

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/9/8 14:56
Group:
Banned
its quiet, has its bad moments just like any other area. dont thin there are any sections 8 housing in that part of the height. Most families are lower middle income. not dirt poor but working class, for the most part.

Concerning the 10 years ago thing, the heights has definitely improved.

Posted on: 2011/6/28 6:07

Hows the Lincoln & Milton neighborhood?

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/8/18 3:39
Group:
Registered Users
We're thinking of buying a place with a rental there. We feel safe enough (I think) but are worried about whether the area is too far from the "better" areas of the Heights for both it's values and the neighborhood to improve, like for people who bought near Congress 10 years ago. Just how sketchy is it? Is there a lot of absentee landlords and section 8, or just hardworking folks who keep up the their places and respect other people? We want to be able to rent the apartment without doing backflips or taking tenants we'd prefer not to have in the same house.

Any thoughts would be welcome, though I know there will likely be a diversity of opinion from what I've seen in response to similar questions!

Posted on: 2011/6/28 3:25

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017