Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
126 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 126

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: To the Douche who stole my flowers

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/8/7 17:29
Group:
Registered Users
I also had plants stolen and just now saw an older woman investigating my garden like she was casing a joint then looked up and down the street and at my building. When she saw me she looked started and left. Does she have long grey hair by any chance?

Posted on: 2011/8/7 17:34

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/20 17:00
Group:
Registered Users
I've noticed the 'alleged' offender watering all your plants this morning.

At least she has the decency to keep all your plants healthy.

Posted on: 2011/7/20 16:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/1 17:27
Group:
Registered Users
Hardly a public flogging. And telling someone to check out the place of a habitual offender is not libel. Giving the address may have been a bit much and could of been PM's or say PM me if anyone needs the location.

This is what a community board is for. Someone complained about an incident and advice was given, and the HP association chimed in on what to do as well. And just because she has issues, while shedding some light on the situation, doesn't make it ok.

I was considering putting some plants in the front of my place and was already a little hesitant because of potential vandalism, and probably won't now.

Posted on: 2011/7/20 14:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

On_The_3rd wrote:
A sprinkling of used X-acto blades in the soil might work as a good deterrent. Just stick a little sign in your pots that says "buried treasure" with a jolly roger symbol. Please post the video for us.

I've known people to do this to deter cats and dogs from their property but instead of X-acto blades they used car anti-freeze which actually made each animal a one time visitor.

I call BS on that. So they poison the soil and plants still grow? Total BS.

plus, dogs love the taste of antifreeze, so you're just luring animals to your property and making them sick.

what's the opposite of win-win?

Posted on: 2011/7/20 12:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

On_The_3rd wrote:
A sprinkling of used X-acto blades in the soil might work as a good deterrent. Just stick a little sign in your pots that says "buried treasure" with a jolly roger symbol. Please post the video for us.

I've known people to do this to deter cats and dogs from their property but instead of X-acto blades they used car anti-freeze which actually made each animal a one time visitor.

I call BS on that. So they poison the soil and plants still grow? Total BS.

Posted on: 2011/7/20 2:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

On_The_3rd wrote:

Posted on: 2011/7/20 1:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Recently, one of my neighbors got T-boned at Monmouth and 8th street I believe. He had stopped and had to carefully creep out because of the illegally parked cars. He was struck by a speeding elderly woman who ran a Stop-sign. When the locals emerged from their homes they immediately ran to the aid of the woman and immediately started to reassure her that the accident was not her fault. When challenged by my neighbor, who is a 30 something hispanic male, they quickly backed down and admitted that they had not actually seen the accident. The cops arrived and the woman was cited for speeding etc. I tell this story because of the number of people on this site who are quick to give this plant woman a pass. In no way should she be publicly flogged but if this were a 23 year old male commiting these thefts then something tells me you would be singing a different tune. In the chronicles of crime this case is small beans but the fact is the woman is stealing people's property. I am not looking for jail time for her but maybe she can make financial restitution or at the very least STOP STEALING STUFF!

This woman sounds mentally ill as well, your typical kleptomaniac perhaps. Maybe this public flogging will cause her to get the help she needs.

Posted on: 2011/7/19 23:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/11 14:53
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2011/7/19 21:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Recently, one of my neighbors got T-boned at Monmouth and 8th street I believe. He had stopped and had to carefully creep out because of the illegally parked cars. He was struck by a speeding elderly woman who ran a Stop-sign. When the locals emerged from their homes they immediately ran to the aid of the woman and immediately started to reassure her that the accident was not her fault. When challenged by my neighbor, who is a 30 something hispanic male, they quickly backed down and admitted that they had not actually seen the accident. The cops arrived and the woman was cited for speeding etc. I tell this story because of the number of people on this site who are quick to give this plant woman a pass. In no way should she be publicly flogged but if this were a 23 year old male commiting these thefts then something tells me you would be singing a different tune. In the chronicles of crime this case is small beans but the fact is the woman is stealing people's property. I am not looking for jail time for her but maybe she can make financial restitution or at the very least STOP STEALING STUFF!

Posted on: 2011/7/19 14:54

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/19 14:35
From Lincoln Park
Group:
Registered Users
I wish Lincoln Park had the luxury of worrying about stolen flowers, but I chose to own rather than rent. (What was I thinking?) Ironically, all of our flowers are intact.

Nevertheless, I applaud your efforts to catch the thief. Small things like landscaping make a big difference in crime and the overall social health of a neighborhood. It speaks of your civic-mindedness.

Posted on: 2011/7/19 14:17

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Any further news on the public flogging of this woman?

I noticed last Thursday several police cars slowly canvasing the Hamilton Park area. I wonder if they were out looking for this scofflaw.

Posted on: 2011/7/18 12:59

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/11/6 13:23
Group:
Registered Users
Our flowers by the curb were pulled out and stolen a few days after my husband planted them. I believe it was last summer. I wonder it was her. It was near 9th and Coles.

Posted on: 2011/7/15 18:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/4 17:25
Group:
Registered Users
Perhaps you value your flowers/stolen materials at over $500 and demand that it be classified as Felony Theft.

I think that under $200 and the worst that will happen is a disorderly person's charge.

Given the amount of time, energy, and associated costs that go into a flower, $500 is easily plausible.

Posted on: 2011/7/15 15:37

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/7/15 14:26
Group:
Registered Users
Her back yard is packed with all the stolen plants and other things from the neighborhood, so there is physical evidence. I have had stuff stolen from her myself and gone to the police, but I guess its not important enough for them. Her family just acts like they don't know what's going on.

Posted on: 2011/7/15 14:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
I live in this neighborhood too and have plants in front of my door and so far haven't run into this woman. I had no idea this was going on. I just received the email about it.

What happened as a result of signing a complaint? Did the police say the could do anything about it despite that there isn't any physical evidence (i.e. a photograph of the woman with the stolen items)?

Posted on: 2011/7/15 5:09

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/7/14 20:04
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
stupidseven wrote: Wonder if she was also responsible for the headless daschund at Hamilton Park.
Nope. The Dog's demise was covered in the other jclist thread titled: "To the Daschund who stole my flowers" daschund with head

Posted on: 2011/7/14 20:28

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/18 3:43
Group:
Registered Users
Hi Neighbors,

I apologize, in my haste to write a post on here regarding the lady and her daughter who are stealing plants, I made a typo in my email address.
Here is the correct email: jnord5852@aol.com

Thanks,
Jan

Posted on: 2011/7/14 15:01

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Wonder if she was also responsible for the headless daschund at Hamilton Park.

Posted on: 2011/7/13 16:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Posted on: 2011/7/13 15:57

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/18 3:43
Group:
Registered Users
Hi Neighbors,

We have a very brave dog walking neighbor, who witnessed the plant stealing lady stealing flowers around 11:30 pm and followed the lady and her daughter home weeks ago.

We are now aware that this lady walks around in the day time in the neighborhood stealing and filling her black plastic bags, and then goes out again with her daughter late night between 11:30pm-12:00am.

This lady has apparently been stealing flowers, bushes, statues, front stoop doormats, home signs, solar lights, and anything else she and her daughter fancy for about 3-4 yrs., and many of these items have been seen in her back yard.

Update:
On Monday, July 11, 2011, our brave dog walker saw the lady walking with her empty big black plastic bag in the afternoon and followed her to a neighbor's house on West Hamilton. He saw her putting the neighbor's 2 big potted plants in her bag and he confronted her. She denied trying to steal them, he took the bag from her and put the plants back inside the fenced in area, and he notified the East District and the home owner. The neighbor is signing a complaint as a victim.

Another neighbor who lives on Pavonia is signing a complaint because he has witnessed her stealing from his front yard and confronted her on several occasions over the years, but he never knew who she was or where she lived.

Here's What You Can Do To Help Us:

I have been working closely with the East District for about 7 yrs., along with Pam Andes, and we are both members of the Downtown JC Watch Group. Together we have worked on many issues in this neighborhood.

I am currently looking to talk to neighbors who have seen the plant lady stealing your plants or items from your property, or know a neighbor who has seen her stealing their plants, and asking to please contact me either by email or my cell . Thanks!

Best,
Jan
email: jord5852@aol.com
cell: 201-403-7956

Posted on: 2011/7/13 15:39

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/24 21:53
Group:
Registered Users
Update: she's been spotted within the past couple of days inside people's yards, taking plants and possibly other pieces of property, too.
Anyone who has actually seen her taking their stuff can email Hamilton Park Neighborhood Association VP Jan Nordland: JNord5852@aol.com

Posted on: 2011/7/13 0:18

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/1/13 16:19
Group:
Registered Users
Agreed 100%.

@@@@@Moto who wrote:
I understand the frustration. But this response, and online libel, is ridiculous. You have provided no proof! And yet, you gave out directions to the house of someone you suspect!?! Stop your passive aggressive posts and confront the person you think is responsible. Not, "When are 'we' going to leave a letter". What? Are you 9 years old? Do you need a posse?

And please, please, do not trial and convict someone without a voice (and then post directions to their house) in a public and permanent place.

Posted on: 2011/6/26 19:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/8 15:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Moto wrote:
I understand the frustration. But this response, and online libel, is ridiculous. You have provided no proof! And yet, you gave out directions to the house of someone you suspect!?! Stop your passive aggressive posts and confront the person you think is responsible. Not, "When are 'we' going to leave a letter". What? Are you 9 years old? Do you need a posse?

And please, please, do not trial and convict someone without a voice (and then post directions to their house) in a public and permanent place.

I have to agree with you on this. You say you have no proof, but only suspect it is her. AND state where the person lives. This is insane. If everyone got revenge on who the SUSPECTED had wronged them, there would be mass violence daily for no real cause. I'm sure you wouldn't like it if all of a sudden people started showing up at your house and potentially doing harm to you for something you didn't do, nor knew nothing about. Until you have proof, making these accusations and giving out addresses only makes you look like the fool. I really hope the webmaster edits this thread and takes this stuff down.

Posted on: 2011/6/18 19:40

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/11 16:32
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Stolen 6/8/11

Resized Image

Posted on: 2011/6/18 17:38

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/5/20 2:05
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2011/6/18 0:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

owlie wrote:
It's outrageous crazy behavior. How sad that you have to explain this sh*t to your child. It's also sad that while some people want to make the city a better place by beautifying their homes, others with no pride of ownership think it's perfectly OK to take other people's possessions.
It should not be tolerated. Something has to be said and something has to be done. If they are allowed to continue they will continue to steal more.

c'mon, we're not talking about some assh*le deliberately trying to trash the neighborhood. this is a lady with dementia (or something) who compulsively plucks flowers from flowerpots. it's annoying, sure, but not worthy of a torch-wielding crowd.

pitchforks, sure. but no torches.

Posted on: 2011/6/17 16:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/4 8:59
Group:
Registered Users
It's outrageous crazy behavior. How sad that you have to explain this sh*t to your child. It's also sad that while some people want to make the city a better place by beautifying their homes, others with no pride of ownership think it's perfectly OK to take other people's possessions.
It should not be tolerated. Something has to be said and something has to be done. If they are allowed to continue they will continue to steal more.

Posted on: 2011/6/17 3:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/8 22:02
Group:
Registered Users
She didn't seem too... competent.

If a letter to her works, next we can try an intervention by letter to that woman who is always completely bruised.

Posted on: 2011/6/17 0:05
Thank you for making The Great Jersey City SOUP SWAP an annual success! See you in January 2013 for the next Soup Swap!

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/10 14:36
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

PathH8Tr wrote:
Anyone up for dropping off a nice letter to her residence?

Gee, wish I said that...wait, I did. Hard to believe that everyone who has been a victim of this nut is rolling over and playing dead. Call her out! You can only change things if you attack the source. Don't let this lunatic have control over you. Pound on her door and tell her to stop! Screw the nice letter. She STOLE from you.

Posted on: 2011/6/16 23:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/2/9 14:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

PathH8Tr wrote:
Anyone up for dropping off a nice letter to her residence?

Why don't a few of the victims coordinate an undercover raid on her backyard and give her a taste of he own medicine!

Posted on: 2011/6/16 23:36

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017