Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
111 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 111

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Why is there always broken glass all over sidewalks?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/12/24 13:20
Group:
Registered Users
add another $500 in vet bills to the running tally of over $1500 due to injury related to glass and other trash on the city sidewalks.

where are the doggy personal injury attorneys?

Posted on: 2011/6/16 0:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/2/9 14:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SLyng wrote:
+1 on this thread.

I have noticed a huge up-tick in the amount of broken glass on the sidewalks while walking my dog, especially on Montgomery & York streets (near the post office).

Just curious -- if you call the non-emergency police line about this, will they write a ticket to the owner of the building? Or do they give a warning and if it's not taken care of they then write the ticket? Or is the law just never enforced?

Actually, if you call they won't show up. Try the JCIA.

Posted on: 2011/6/4 12:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/6/3 23:45
Group:
Registered Users
+1 on this thread.

I have noticed a huge up-tick in the amount of broken glass on the sidewalks while walking my dog, especially on Montgomery & York streets (near the post office).

Just curious -- if you call the non-emergency police line about this, will they write a ticket to the owner of the building? Or do they give a warning and if it's not taken care of they then write the ticket? Or is the law just never enforced?

Posted on: 2011/6/3 23:50

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/5/20 2:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

NJNJ wrote:
Moved from the suburbs?? What an odd comment-- I lived in Manhattan for 10 years and never experienced the level of trash/broken glass I see here. But as an aside, I thought it was strange that my comment would lead someone to conclude that I must have moved from the suburbs-- who moves to JC from the suburbs? Isn't the reverse far more true?

To the person who thinks I should spend my precious free time when I am not working volunteering to clean up other people's broken glass-- I don't think so. I would be happy to lead an effort to require the people who are responsible (the building owners it seems?) to keep their sidewalks clean and safe-- why should I do it for them? Is there an ordinance anyone can point me to on this so I can see what to cite to for violations?

Not for nothing, but if you only lived in Manhattan for the past 10-15 years, you have unreasonable city-living expectations.

Posted on: 2011/6/3 4:11

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/2/24 2:10
Group:
Registered Users
I am thrilled to report that since my last post a few days ago, two of the worst offenders on my block have actually cleaned up their sidewalks-- even the dirt surrounding the trees has been kicked up and cleaned out-- this was always the worst part. I can't say they were reading this post as this may be some spring cleaning that was put off, but I am pleased nonetheless.

There is still more to go, so I am compiling as list of repeat offenders in the immediate downtown Grove Street area who have glass ridden sidewalks/trees (as opposed to just trash). I am submitting this list to the appropriate enforcement authority-- if you know of any addresses in violation in this area please post or pm me and I will check it out and add to my list.

Posted on: 2011/6/3 0:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/8 15:08
Group:
Registered Users
Unless the poster is talking about broken car windows. I see broken car window glass all over lately.

Posted on: 2011/5/31 21:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/12/18 14:09
Group:
Registered Users
Pretty much ALL of journal square is currently in violation.

Quote:

? 296-8. - Dirty and littered condition prohibited.

No owner, occupant or person acting as an agent, janitor or superintendent in charge of any house, apartment, office building, store, stand, factory, garage or other type of building or vacant lot or lots shall maintain and allow the sidewalk or any part of the front or sides of such premises, facing upon any street, to be in a dirty and littered condition at any time.*

Posted on: 2011/5/31 19:40

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Thank you Vigilante for the ordinance-- very helpful! Also thanks to you and other responsible owners who keep their sidewalks clean, we appreciate it!

Posted on: 2011/5/31 18:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

pferm201 wrote:
so then if you won't do anything......shut the fuk up and stop bytching because your doing nothing to help. Thats the problem with you idiots, quick to blame everybody and points fingers as to why this city is in a shythole. Obviously not everything is your fault but actually taking initiative and try to help would make this a better place, no?

So either get up of your ass or move your ass out of here, we don't need more lazy people in JC who complain about other lazy people

Except for some of old SalontheHill's comments this is the stupidest comment I have ever read on this site.

Posted on: 2011/5/31 18:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/7 17:48
From 8th st
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2011/5/31 17:38

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/9/8 14:56
Group:
Banned
so then if you won't do anything......shut the fuk up and stop bytching because your doing nothing to help. Thats the problem with you idiots, quick to blame everybody and points fingers as to why this city is in a shythole. Obviously not everything is your fault but actually taking initiative and try to help would make this a better place, no?

So either get up of your ass or move your ass out of here, we don't need more lazy people in JC who complain about other lazy people

Posted on: 2011/5/31 17:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/7/20 16:31
Group:
Registered Users
It's because this is jersey city.

That's how we roll here.

Posted on: 2011/5/31 16:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/30 0:28
From Belmont Ave.
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

NJNJ wrote:
I am getting tired of trying to walk my dog around the shards of glass everywhere-- on Grove, Mercer, Wayne etc. The broken glass surrounds every tree and also spills out onto the sidewalks. My dog has stepped on glass before and hurt her tiny paws. What do people do, smash bottles everywhere? I just don't understand and it seems to be getting worse-- I don't recall it being this bad last summer. Does anyone know who is responsible for cleaning sidewalks-- is it the building owners or the city?

drunks.

Posted on: 2011/5/31 16:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

NJNJ wrote:
Moved from the suburbs?? What an odd comment-- I lived in Manhattan for 10 years and never experienced the level of trash/broken glass I see here. But as an aside, I thought it was strange that my comment would lead someone to conclude that I must have moved from the suburbs-- who moves to JC from the suburbs? Isn't the reverse far more true?

To the person who thinks I should spend my precious free time when I am not working volunteering to clean up other people's broken glass-- I don't think so. I would be happy to lead an effort to require the people who are responsible (the building owners it seems?) to keep their sidewalks clean and safe-- why should I do it for them? Is there an ordinance anyone can point me to on this so I can see what to cite to for violations?

? 296-8. - Dirty and littered condition prohibited.

No owner, occupant or person acting as an agent, janitor or superintendent in charge of any house, apartment, office building, store, stand, factory, garage or other type of building or vacant lot or lots shall maintain and allow the sidewalk or any part of the front or sides of such premises, facing upon any street, to be in a dirty and littered condition at any time.*

Posted on: 2011/5/31 16:08

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2011/5/31 15:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

pferm201 wrote:
how about you people stop bytching and start a volunteer community group. Standing there and complaining about it doesn't do anything. Not helping clean this city up is just as bad as those that throw there garbage on the floor.....smh

I do my part. I keep the sidewalk in front of MY building clean. Those building owners should do the same.

Posted on: 2011/5/31 11:10

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/9/8 14:56
Group:
Banned
how about you people stop bytching and start a volunteer community group. Standing there and complaining about it doesn't do anything. Not helping clean this city up is just as bad as those that throw there garbage on the floor.....smh

Posted on: 2011/5/31 4:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

crushthedemoniac wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

crushthedemoniac wrote:
Quote:

NJNJ wrote:
I am getting tired of trying to walk my dog around the shards of glass everywhere-- on Grove, Mercer, Wayne etc. The broken glass surrounds every tree and also spills out onto the sidewalks. My dog has stepped on glass before and hurt her tiny paws. What do people do, smash bottles everywhere? I just don't understand and it seems to be getting worse-- I don't recall it being this bad last summer. Does anyone know who is responsible for cleaning sidewalks-- is it the building owners or the city?

Soooooo is this your first time in a city?

Oh, that explains it. I guess people in the suburbs throw their bottles into their backyards where no one can see them? Or is it your opinion that we just have more scumbags in the city?

Yep.

So then it's acceptable...God help us all.

Posted on: 2011/5/31 3:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/3/15 19:57
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

crushthedemoniac wrote:
Quote:

NJNJ wrote:

Oh, that explains it. I guess people in the suburbs throw their bottles into their backyards where no one can see them? Or is it your opinion that we just have more scumbags in the city?

Yep.

Posted on: 2011/5/31 2:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

crushthedemoniac wrote:
Quote:

NJNJ wrote:

Posted on: 2011/5/30 23:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/3/15 19:57
Group:
Banned
Quote:

NJNJ wrote:

Posted on: 2011/5/30 23:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
It is a building owners responsibility for keeping the sidewalk in front of their property clean. Kids around here seem to love to smash bottles. I find broken glass in Hamilton Park quite often especially near the basketball court.

Posted on: 2011/5/30 22:56

Why is there always broken glass all over sidewalks?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2011/5/30 21:33

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017