Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
84 user(s) are online (70 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 84

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Fulop says $500 donation from firm doing business with city is a "set up"
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Anything is possible with Healy - Remember that Bush was elected President under a 'cloud', Healy believes he can do the same AGAIN

Posted on: 2011/3/26 4:52
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/7/21 15:28
Group:
Registered Users
I wonder if this hair brained scheme was hatched before or after last call. Wyle E. Coyote could have come up with a better plan. Its going to be an interesting election that's for sure. Class and common sense versus drunken bafoonery. I think I just invented a new word.

Posted on: 2011/3/26 3:34

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/12/7 6:06
Group:
Registered Users
Yea considering they drive vehicles we pay for to their place down by the shore.... so they can go drinking get in fights all while Fulop gets caught doing those pesky and malevolent charity races and fund raisers for the people of Jersey city... Not sure what Steven was thinking. sheesh!

Posted on: 2011/3/26 2:58

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/19 0:53
Group:
Registered Users
It is amazing that Healy has the balls to question Fulops
emotional stability.
Healy is as emotionally stable as Charly Sheen.
Let's see:found drunk and naked on his front porch.of corse he claimed it was a dirty trick,that dark forces knocked on his door to lure him outside.Who the f___ answers their door naked?

Healy starts a drunken bar brawl and then blames the cops.

At least a dozen people in his administration get arrested and or convicted but he sees nothing wrong.

Yea he is a pillar of stability indeed.

Posted on: 2011/3/26 1:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/10 19:14
Group:
Registered Users
Heally's comments are not only ignorant but easily show his distaste for a council member with mayoral aspirations. Clearly Fulop gets under his skin. If I was fulop I would be laughing my tuckus off.

Healy's true colors flying like the New Jersey flag above his office.

Posted on: 2011/3/26 0:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/31 3:07
Group:
Registered Users
"This is behavior we would expect from a petulant child, not from an elected councilman with higher aspirations. This calls into question his emotional stability," the mayor said.

This coming from a drunken, naked, corrupt A-HOLE.

GO MR. MAYOR!!

Posted on: 2011/3/25 23:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/10 14:36
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Would someone please trip this drunken-buffoon-excuse-for-a-mayor as he's walking down City Hall's steps? And ask him who told him the meaning of the word petulant. He's just a disgrace and should keep his mouth shut. I think I'm over believing that he's just ignorant and doesn't actively participate in all of the criminal activity. I now recognize that he's just barely 4th-grade smart enough to participate in all of the collusion.

Posted on: 2011/3/25 23:06

Fulop says $500 donation from firm doing business with city is a "set up"
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Dispute over donation made by firm doing business with city adds fuel to ongoing feud between Jersey City mayor and councilman

Friday, March 25, 2011
By TERRENCE T. McDONALD
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

Jersey City Councilman Steven Fulop says a disputed $500 donation from a company that does business with the city is a "set up" courtesy of political foes intent on embarrassing him.

The brouhaha started Wednesday when a split City Council approved a $50,000 change order to a $100,000 contract awarded in August to Certified Products Inc. of Jersey City. The mandatory disclosure form submitted by the company, hired to repair heavy-duty city vehicles, lists a $500 donation to "Steve Fulop 2013."

Last month, Fulop blasted the administration's push to award a $120,000 no-bid contract to Certified Products, which has donated to numerous city politicians. The vote to award that contract was unsuccessful.

The $500 donation claimed by Certified Products on this most recent disclosure form doesn't exist, Fulop said.

"It is sad that Team Healy's response to honest government is not to show honesty themselves, but to try to set people up to show everyone is as corrupt as they are," Fulop said.

The council approved the change order request 5-3-1. Fulop, along with Councilwoman Nidia Lopez and Councilwoman Viola Richardson, voted against and Councilman David Donnelly abstained.

Certified Products has donated to nearly every member of the current council, including $1,000 to Donnelly last year and $1,000 in 2009 to Team Jersey City, which includes Council President Peter Brennan and Council members Michael Sottolano, Bill Gaughan, Lopez and Richardson.

The company also gave $1,500 last year to Healy's 2013 re-election campaign.

Joseph Ferretti, who runs the company with his brother, said the current "firestorm" over its political donations make him feel "singled out." The company tries "to do the right thing," Ferretti said.

Asked why Certified Products would make a contribution to Fulop, who has publicly criticized its city contracts, Ferretti produced a fundraising letter he said Fulop sent the company on Jan. 28.

"We don't go knocking on doors or anything," he said, adding that the company's $500 check to Fulop was never cashed.

Fulop contends he never sent the company a letter seeking donations.

In a statement, Healy called Fulop "malevolent and hypocritical" for soliciting donations from Certified Products. The mayor also criticized Fulop for loudly chastising the administration during the March 23 council meeting.

"This is behavior we would expect from a petulant child, not from an elected councilman with higher aspirations. This calls into question his emotional stability," the mayor said.

Posted on: 2011/3/25 20:46

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017