Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
147 user(s) are online (134 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 147

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 7 »

Re: Hamilton Park dogs
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
the problem here is that dog owners think their pet has special rights above other animals and that somehow they have rights. sure they are cuter, friendlier and more acceptable than others, such as pythons. but...

that does not make your pet animal better than any others. please on't delude yourself with ideas that "she's not going to bite" or "he's just playing around". it's an animal - you do not know what it's going to do.

and the law says that they should be leashed.

I for one am planning to get a pet alligator so hopefully if it eats one of those silly, stupid dogs, we can attribute it to Nature.

Posted on: 2013/2/27 2:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

arcy wrote:
It's not about the size of the dogs. It's the rules. And if one dog owner sees another dog owner with their dogs off of a leash then the other dog owner thinks it's okay. The ordinance does not define the weight of the dog.
You're right. Cars are a problem too. pedestrian right of ways at crosswalks needs to be enforced as well.

Maybe just maybe the one without the leash will see the other dog with it's leash on and and think that is ok. As far as enforcing crosswalks let the insurance companies handle it this way the point will get across.

Posted on: 2013/2/27 2:06
Get on your bikes and ride !

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/8/23 19:32
From hamilton park
Group:
Registered Users
It's not about the size of the dogs. It's the rules. And if one dog owner sees another dog owner with their dogs off of a leash then the other dog owner thinks it's okay. The ordinance does not define the weight of the dog.
You're right. Cars are a problem too. pedestrian right of ways at crosswalks needs to be enforced as well.

Posted on: 2013/2/27 2:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

arcy wrote:
Ah! Great idea about photos! I literally saw a young (30 year old) African American Woman today with her small dog off the leash. I was rushing my child to school. I told her that the dogs need to be on leashes. She just shrugged. I said I was going to call the cops. She said "go ahead." And I asked her name and she just shook her head. I couldn't call the cops because we were in a rush. But you're right! Next time, I'll take her photo! THANK YOU.
I re-posted my signs on the bulletin boards. Let's see if anyone takes them down again.

That little white dog must weigh 8 or 10lbs. Thank Jesus you got it sorted out. What's that saying? "Old people look for problems". You were in much more danger from cars when you were crossing the street and much of that danger came from your fellow mommies. And the cops don't care.

HA!!

Posted on: 2013/2/27 1:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

arcy wrote:
Ah! Great idea about photos! I literally saw a young (30 year old) African American Woman today with her small dog off the leash. I was rushing my child to school. I told her that the dogs need to be on leashes. She just shrugged. I said I was going to call the cops. She said "go ahead." And I asked her name and she just shook her head. I couldn't call the cops because we were in a rush. But you're right! Next time, I'll take her photo! THANK YOU.
I re-posted my signs on the bulletin boards. Let's see if anyone takes them down again.

That little white dog must weigh 8 or 10lbs. Thank Jesus you got it sorted out. What's that saying? "Old people look for problems". You were in much more danger from cars when you were crossing the street and much of that danger came from your fellow mommies. And the cops don't care.

Posted on: 2013/2/27 1:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/12/18 14:09
Group:
Registered Users
She knows full well that the cops here don't give a shit about quality of life issues, and that for practical purposes, "no dogs off leash" is just a suggestion, just like not throwing garbage out of your car, putting household trash in the public cans, or coming to a full stop at a stop sign is.

Someone please tell me how we can instill some respect for the commons into adults, because I fear it's nearly impossible.

Quote:

arcy wrote:
I said I was going to call the cops. She said "go ahead." And I asked her name and she just shook her head. I couldn't call the cops because we were in a rush. But you're right! Next time, I'll take her photo! THANK YOU.

Posted on: 2013/2/26 23:39

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From hamilton park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/2/26 16:27

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/7/9 8:04
Group:
Registered Users
Take photos and post.

Posted on: 2013/2/26 3:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/7/16 11:48
Group:
Registered Users
The other night I was walking my dog on 9th St past the playground and this dog came out of nowhere and started barking and lunging at my dog. The owner had brought the dog to the PLAYGROUND to run around and defecate when there are two perfectly good god runs in the park.

I can't stand the owners who let their dogs run on the pet-free areas in the park, and it upsets my dog to see an off-leash dog. If you live in a city and have a breed that needs a lot of exercise, that's your problem and your responsibility. Take it to the dog run. My dog doesn't need that stress.

Posted on: 2013/2/25 13:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

murican wrote:
Call (201) 547-5477 , the JCPD non-emergency number and report the unleashed dog and (unleashed) owner. These people won't listen gto reason, but a ticket might attract their attention.

(201) 547-5477 ?? Oh please you can do better than that. lol

Posted on: 2013/2/25 12:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/4/25 16:16
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Call (201) 547-5477 , the JCPD non-emergency number and report the unleashed dog and (unleashed) owner. These people won't listen gto reason, but a ticket might attract their attention.

Posted on: 2013/2/25 3:57

Re: dogs with no leashes at hamilton park (not talking about dog run)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/5/8 0:52
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
I agree with you 100%. I own a pitbull and i get frustrated whenever i have to deal w an unleashed shittzu or chihauah running up to my dog and barking at my puppy or trying to mount him. Its even worse when the owner starts laughing while im trying as hard as possible to calm my dog down. I bet they wouldnt find it so funny if i let my dog's leash drop...

Besides the risk of other dogs or children there is the danger to motorists who might be kind enough to swerve when your dumb dog runs in to the street...

My dog is very well behaved but he is still a dog so i treat him as such. Wish everyone else would realize that!

Quote:

arcy wrote:
i'm frustrated because some dog owners take their dogs off leashes and let them walk around the hamilton park (even in the pet-free parts). i've confronted these dog owners saying, "even if your dog is well trained, some other dog owner will see you letting your dogs run with no leash and they will take their untrained dogs off the leash." they would agree and then i'd see them a few days later doing the same thing. usually around 9am and in the afternoon.
i made handmade signs. someone took them off the park bulletin boards.
God forbid some dog attack me, my son or some other resident.
I'm concerned.

? 90-16. Use of leash in public places.

No person who owns, keeps or harbors any dog shall suffer or permit it to be upon the public streets or in any of the public places of the city unless such dog is accompanied by a responsible person and is securely confined and controlled by one adequate leash not more than six feet long.

http://jclist.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=9150

Posted on: 2013/2/25 1:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/20 13:22
Group:
Registered Users
I encountered some genius with a very large brindle, not sure what breed, but mastiff-ish, playing with it off leash on a Saturday afternoon with a park full of kids. And there was not one dog in the dog run.
I don't carry a bat but I have pepper spray and if I ever have to use it on a dog, the owner is going to get the same. I really don't know what's wrong with people.

Posted on: 2013/2/25 1:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
I suggest when you are strolling about in Hamilton Park, carry a baseball bat,, cricket or hockey stick, or some gardening tool, depending on the season, just in case. I would.

Posted on: 2013/2/25 1:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
a lot of people think their dog would never attack a person, not sure where this ignorant mentality comes from.

my daughter is afraid of dogs and does not trust any, as when she was about 4 or 5 my idiot neighbor and her 5-6 deranged little white dogs, would come out at random times during the day. usually one of these stupid dogs (a little white jack terrier) would make a run at us when were walking out of our house and into our car.

this one would "pretend" (according to the owner, he's just being playful) to bite me, and it did look like he wasn't going to break though my jeans into my skin.

but you know what? my kid would ask me to hold her up as she's scared, and this deranged little jack terrier would try to reach her.

so one day i got tired of this shit and when that dog went for us, i kicked him about 5 feet into the air. after that this woman never let any of them off leash.

some of you might know her: a little Filipino woman in her 60s who lives in the townhouses on 9th/Manila.

Quote:

arcy wrote:
i'm frustrated because some dog owners take their dogs off leashes and let them walk around the hamilton park (even in the pet-free parts). i've confronted these dog owners saying, "even if your dog is well trained, some other dog owner will see you letting your dogs run with no leash and they will take their untrained dogs off the leash." they would agree and then i'd see them a few days later doing the same thing. usually around 9am and in the afternoon.
I'm concerned.

No person who owns, keeps or harbors any dog shall suffer or permit it to be upon the public streets or in any of the public places of the city unless such dog is accompanied by a responsible person and is securely confined and controlled by one adequate leash not more than six feet long.

Posted on: 2013/2/25 0:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
 photo DOGWARS_zpsb3ef7c14.jpg

Posted on: 2013/2/24 23:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/1/6 18:15
Group:
Banned
I have seen some people doing the same thing in the small park in paulus hook.

Posted on: 2013/2/24 21:11

dogs with no leashes at hamilton park (not talking about dog run)
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From hamilton park
Group:
Registered Users
I'm concerned.

Posted on: 2013/2/24 21:00

Re: 3 Off Leashed Dogs in Hamilton Park
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/17 12:06
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Yes I heard about that incident, and others including one of my own client dogs while with her Mom in the dog run.

She has been contacted by Animal Control and they advised her on the leash laws and penalties for those who break it. The owner agreed to keep the dogs leashed at all times when outside of her home.

Thank you Animal Control

Quote:

JCbiscuit wrote:
Quote:

lunawolf3 wrote:
Please join us in educating the woman who owns 3 Pit Bull Mixes and allows them to run daily off leash across all the Hamilton Park lawns chasing squirrels and any other dog that enters the park? She does this usually twice daily somewhere between 8 am and 12 noon. It's just not cool at all. It's a great nuisance to have to wait for her, sometimes for long periods of time to leash up her dogs when she sees you (if she sees you) waiting to enter the park with your leashed dog (s). Two of the dogs are older and likely not much of a threat, but the younger red female behaves very aggressively towards other dogs. She lunges, barking feverishly whether off leash in the park, or loosely tied outside of Basic, or left unattended in the owners vehicle. The red female gets the other 2 going and it is not pretty Please do not think I am anti Pit...hardly the truth. Our rescue has placed nearly 40, most from Liberty Humane, into loving homes. It kills me that she is perpetuating bad press for Pitties, due to her bad behavior.
We are just asking that you join us in calling out to her when you see her, remind her that the Park is not her back yard and we all have the right to safely use it. We do have leash laws in Jersey City. Yes we all know it's unsafe for her dogs to be off leash too...

the dogs' owner is named Kathleen, and she fancies herself a "dog expert." after the red female nearly tore my dog's ear off in the fenced-in run, Kathleen swore her pet had never behaved aggressively before (a story several witnesses claim is untrue).

she then offered me a free training session, so that my bleeding 12-pound shih tzu would learn not to growl at larger dogs (which started the fight, it's true. but a normal dog response to a growl shouldn't be to grab the smaller dog by the throat and attempt to shake it to death).

reasoning with this woman doesn't seem like an option, as she's not too grounded in reality.

Posted on: 2012/12/15 0:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/22 6:01
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
There are a few wackos out there both pro and anti-dog. There is one woman, a dog-owner, who was constantly questioning me on whether I was allowed in the grass with my dogs near the McWilliams/8th Street quadrant. I assured her I was and yet whenever I've encountered her husband/boyfriend walking their dog he never has a poop bag.
I always give him one but we all know what's happening when no ones looking.

Sorry, Vig, but if you're going to repeatedly break the law and let your dog wander off-leash (which you admittedly do), you've got no moral authority vis-a-vis poop.

Posted on: 2012/12/14 20:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
There are a few wackos out there both pro and anti-dog. There is one woman, a dog-owner, who was constantly questioning me on whether I was allowed in the grass with my dogs near the McWilliams/8th Street quadrant. I assured her I was and yet whenever I've encountered her husband/boyfriend walking their dog he never has a poop bag.
I always give him one but we all know what's happening when no ones looking.

Posted on: 2012/12/14 20:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

lunawolf3 wrote:
Please join us in educating the woman who owns 3 Pit Bull Mixes and allows them to run daily off leash across all the Hamilton Park lawns chasing squirrels and any other dog that enters the park? She does this usually twice daily somewhere between 8 am and 12 noon. It's just not cool at all. It's a great nuisance to have to wait for her, sometimes for long periods of time to leash up her dogs when she sees you (if she sees you) waiting to enter the park with your leashed dog (s). Two of the dogs are older and likely not much of a threat, but the younger red female behaves very aggressively towards other dogs. She lunges, barking feverishly whether off leash in the park, or loosely tied outside of Basic, or left unattended in the owners vehicle. The red female gets the other 2 going and it is not pretty Please do not think I am anti Pit...hardly the truth. Our rescue has placed nearly 40, most from Liberty Humane, into loving homes. It kills me that she is perpetuating bad press for Pitties, due to her bad behavior.
We are just asking that you join us in calling out to her when you see her, remind her that the Park is not her back yard and we all have the right to safely use it. We do have leash laws in Jersey City. Yes we all know it's unsafe for her dogs to be off leash too...

the dogs' owner is named Kathleen, and she fancies herself a "dog expert." after the red female nearly tore my dog's ear off in the fenced-in run, Kathleen swore her pet had never behaved aggressively before (a story several witnesses claim is untrue).

she then offered me a free training session, so that my bleeding 12-pound shih tzu would learn not to growl at larger dogs (which started the fight, it's true. but a normal dog response to a growl shouldn't be to grab the smaller dog by the throat and attempt to shake it to death).

reasoning with this woman doesn't seem like an option, as she's not too grounded in reality.

Posted on: 2012/12/14 19:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/31 23:18
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

kellyh wrote:
Quote:

PathH8Tr wrote:
Quote:

kellyh wrote:
It was a nice park before all the screaming children showed up. Who knew that reading a book in the white star would be more peaceful than reading in a damn park?

WEBMASTER - TROLL.

Sharing your experiences is trolling? Go by the park at 3 pm and tell me what you hear.

Start your own thread.

Posted on: 2012/12/14 19:14

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/4/25 1:25
Group:
Banned
Quote:

PathH8Tr wrote:
Quote:

kellyh wrote:
It was a nice park before all the screaming children showed up. Who knew that reading a book in the white star would be more peaceful than reading in a damn park?

WEBMASTER - TROLL.

Sharing your experiences is trolling? Go by the park at 3 pm and tell me what you hear.

Posted on: 2012/12/14 18:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/7/16 11:48
Group:
Registered Users
Of course this dog owner is not the only one who disregards the "Pet Free" signs in Hamilton Park, but she has drawn attention because her dogs (at least one) is a danger to others. We all need to abide by the rules, because we may not realize the effect our actions are having on others in they aren't blatant, as in this case. It's simply not fair to the rest of the community when a few people choose to ignore rules that are in place for a good reason. Personally, I can't even walk my dog in the park because off-leash dogs scare her when she's on a leash. And I can't blame her.

Posted on: 2012/12/14 18:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/17 12:06
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Fortunately since the park renovation the off leash activity has dropped dramatically :) The park is just too small for off leashed dogs running all over the lawns. Thanks for your good wishes. She has been reported in the past.

Quote:

user1111 wrote:
This sometimes happens up here, stupid folks with dogs off the leash. Every time I have witnessed this I have called (201) 547-5477 to report it.
Why is no one down there reporting this? The police show up with animal control, they also show up right away in about 5 min, this seems like a simple fix, without all the unnecessary drama. Good Luck!

Posted on: 2012/12/14 14:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

lunawolf3 wrote:
Please join us in educating the woman who owns 3 Pit Bull Mixes and allows them to run daily off leash across all the Hamilton Park lawns chasing squirrels and any other dog that enters the park? She does this usually twice daily somewhere between 8 am and 12 noon.She lunges, barking feverishly whether off leash in the park, or loosely tied outside of Basic, or left unattended in the owners vehicle.

If Basic's landlord catches her dog(s) tied up on his property or even outside of it he will unleash it so the responsibility is not his. I think he wants his property to be free and clear.

There are better ways of handling this, than taking stupid actions. If I got injured by a dog unleashed by Basic's landlord, you bet I'd sue their ass, and win.

Posted on: 2012/12/14 13:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
This sometimes happens up here, stupid folks with dogs off the leash. Every time I have witnessed this I have called (201) 547-5477 to report it.
Why is no one down there reporting this? The police show up with animal control, they also show up right away in about 5 min, this seems like a simple fix, without all the unnecessary drama. Good Luck!

Posted on: 2012/12/14 12:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

lunawolf3 wrote:
Please join us in educating the woman who owns 3 Pit Bull Mixes and allows them to run daily off leash across all the Hamilton Park lawns chasing squirrels and any other dog that enters the park? She does this usually twice daily somewhere between 8 am and 12 noon.She lunges, barking feverishly whether off leash in the park, or loosely tied outside of Basic, or left unattended in the owners vehicle.

If Basic's landlord catches her dog(s) tied up on his property or even outside of it he will unleash it so the responsibility is not his. I think he wants his property to be free and clear.

Posted on: 2012/12/14 12:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/31 23:18
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

kellyh wrote:

WEBMASTER - TROLL.

Posted on: 2012/12/14 8:41

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 7 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017