Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
67 user(s) are online (52 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 67

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Paulus Hook Crime Last Night
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/11/6 23:12
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCorNYC wrote:
why must posters who DOESNT LIVE in Paulus Hook always put their 2cents in? jeeeeeeze!

For the same reason why posters who *don't* live in Lincoln Park always put their 2cents in.

Posted on: 2011/3/2 0:01

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/7/7 3:21
Group:
Registered Users
Of course I know it's code. Just wanted to point out how ridiculous it was. White people never commit crimes. Just ask Madoff.

Posted on: 2011/3/1 23:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Let?s not jump to any conclusions just yet. He could be the one who will be doing the mugging in the next 6 months ..maybe he is a criminal???

Final questions?What is on your play list and how loud do you listen to your music?

If you do listen to gangsta rap do you turn it down when a black man walks by your car like that wanabee white bread rapper Michael Bolton in Office Space? Or do you let it play on?

Posted on: 2011/3/1 22:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JackieCruise wrote:
I'm very confused. I'm an ice cream loving, snow white caucasian fellow with an appreciation for warm weather. Does this mean I'm a criminal???

no, it means you're likely to get mugged in the next 6 months.

Posted on: 2011/3/1 20:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/1/7 4:11
Group:
Registered Users
I'm very confused. I'm an ice cream loving, snow white caucasian fellow with an appreciation for warm weather. Does this mean I'm a criminal???

Posted on: 2011/3/1 20:13
I'm not perfect.....but I'm not all bad either.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users

I take it you all haven?t heard of the JC ice cream index?

As the sale of ice cream rises up so does the JC crime rate.

Hey you JC ?newcomers? are a creative bunch. I have an idea for you. Strap a mini cam and mic to the head of a JC ?newcomer? who has never experienced a true JC summer. Maybe have it turn on automatically when the temperate hits 80 or 90 degrees, or when the music from cars and apartments blast at 85+ decibels.(at least the music drowns out the barking dogs, random nighttime screams, and breaking beer bottles)

If the mini cam and mic (and "newcomer") survive the experiment. The expressions on the ?newcomers? faces and comments would be classic. I think it would be an even bigger hit on you-tube then ?the golden voiced homeless man?. (where is that dude now..probably in JC somewhere with a cup)

Posted on: 2011/3/1 19:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/1 9:09
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

gibbons70 wrote:
Quote:

purjed wrote:
But I still want to know where the line of law abiding cool weather people vs. the crime ridden warm weather people is....

Don't you know that's just code?

Law abiding cool weather people = white yuppie types that can't afford Hoboken.

crime ridden warm weather people = black, hispanic, and other race/ethnicity that only cause trouble.

Thanks for clearing that up. I thought they were fans of Eskimos.

Posted on: 2011/3/1 19:15

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/7/12 21:26
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MikeyTBC wrote:
Quote:

JCorNYC wrote:
Look people, you don't expect CRIMES happening in this part of the area like Paulus Hook when a good radius is occupied by expensive row houses and luxury highrises. Why must sketchy people who live in Montgomery Projects and beyond come down here and cause crimes? It shouldn't be. To vilify or poke fun at mercyme is uncalled for. We pay sky high rent in the area. Realtors try to lure people like me into buying because the neighborhood is high class and SAFE. HA! what a joke. You don't see this type of crime in Tribeca and BPC it shouldn't be as well in Paulus Hook. The projects up the hill will always infiltrate the waterfront and Paulus Hook section. Unsuspected buyers get suckered into buying with hefty mortgage here. Buyers need to know that crimes from neighboring area come down here and mess the place. Buyers beware. Renters need to look elsewhere for your money's worth.

best post in a while.

+1

Posted on: 2011/3/1 18:47

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/7/12 21:26
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

purjed wrote:
But I still want to know where the line of law abiding cool weather people vs. the crime ridden warm weather people is....

Don't you know that's just code?

Law abiding cool weather people = white yuppie types that can't afford Hoboken.

crime ridden warm weather people = black, hispanic, and other race/ethnicity that only cause trouble.

Posted on: 2011/3/1 18:46

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/7/7 3:21
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2011/3/1 18:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/1 9:09
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
All you sad, bitter, losers should shut up about fire engines and quit ruining perfectly acceptable threads.

Posted on: 2011/3/1 18:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCorNYC wrote:
Look people, you don't expect CRIMES happening in this part of the area like Paulus Hook when a good radius is occupied by expensive row houses and luxury highrises. Why must sketchy people who live in Montgomery Projects and beyond come down here and cause crimes? It shouldn't be. To vilify or poke fun at mercyme is uncalled for. We pay sky high rent in the area. Realtors try to lure people like me into buying because the neighborhood is high class and SAFE. HA! what a joke. You don't see this type of crime in Tribeca and BPC it shouldn't be as well in Paulus Hook. The projects up the hill will always infiltrate the waterfront and Paulus Hook section. Unsuspected buyers get suckered into buying with hefty mortgage here. Buyers need to know that crimes from neighboring area come down here and mess the place. Buyers beware. Renters need to look elsewhere for your money's worth.

best post in a while.

Posted on: 2011/3/1 16:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/7 17:35
Group:
Banned
We still have not heard what anyone was arrested for and isn't it a good thing that the patrol officers might have caught a criminal possibly before a crime occurred!! maybe they had drugs, burglary tools or maybe they correctly profiled these thugs!!

Posted on: 2011/3/1 15:36

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/2/28 15:31
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jmac wrote:
Let me recap this thread

1. Guy posts a perfectly acceptable topic that many including myself were hoping to get the answer to.

2. Next, several people whom we can only suspect are sad, bitter and totally disappointed with their lives post nasty replies.

3. More unnecessary posts by aforementioned loser sad people.

4. A kind person actually posts something useful. Wow there 'are' helpful people out there.

5. Thread becomes completely hijacked and everyone loses interest.

So annoying

More like:

1. ditto

2. Someone mentions fire engine and original poster responded with an attitude.

3. Other posters chime in reminding original poster that it IS Jersey City and crime isn't selective to only the poor neighborhoods.

4. Someone posted about another crime that happened in Downtown, suggesting again that crime is everywhere.

5. If seeing people arrested is scary, then that person really needs to move out of Hudson County. Maybe they should try the northern part of Bergen County.

Crime doesn't stop because the hood changes from Greenville, Downtown, Paulus, Hook, The Heights, etc...

Posted on: 2011/3/1 14:01

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/6/6 1:25
Group:
Registered Users
Let me recap this thread

1. Guy posts a perfectly acceptable topic that many including myself were hoping to get the answer to.

2. Next, several people whom we can only suspect are sad, bitter and totally disappointed with their lives post nasty replies.

3. More unnecessary posts by aforementioned loser sad people.

4. A kind person actually posts something useful. Wow there 'are' helpful people out there.

5. Thread becomes completely hijacked and everyone loses interest.

So annoying

Posted on: 2011/3/1 13:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/7 17:35
Group:
Banned
Really, no crime in Amanda Peet's husband testifies: Burglar snuck into Tribeca loft through skylight, stole jewelry
BY MELISSA GRACE
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER
Friday, May 07, 2010
May 16 2010, New York ? Actress Amanda Peet's screenwriter husband testified Friday about the call he got from his pregnant wife after their Tribeca loft was burglarized last fall.

"She was pregnant and she was panicked," David Friedman said at the Manhattan Supreme Court trial of Henry Santos, a career criminal accused of using a crowbar to pry open a skylight and creep into the couple's home.

"My wife's jewelry had been taken," said Friedman, who penned the screenplay for the Brad Pitt movie "Troy" and the comic-book fantasy "X-men Origins: Wolverine."

Friedman, 40, whose professional name is David Benioff, said when he got home, he climbed on the desk in his study to see how the burglar got down from the skylight.

ADS BY GOOGLE
Download PPT Templates
Pre-designed Slides & Templates for PPT - Direct Download
Slideshop.com/templates

A burglar who snuck through the loft of actress Amanda Peet and husband David? (Winter/Getty)

He found a boot print on a top bookshelf - a clue the police had missed and were ultimately not able to use in the case.

Peet - who starred with Bruce Willis in "The Whole Nine Yards" - was not home when the break-in occurred.

But her toddler daughter's nanny was.

Sitter Michelle Werner testified that she caught Santos when she stepped off the elevator into her bosses' Duane St. apartment on Oct. 27, 2009.

As she demanded to know who he was, Santos insisted it was his home - then fled as she called 911. She later picked him out of a lineup.

Santos, 26, is accused of stealing computer equipment and all of Peet's jewelry - including pieces from her husband and earrings from her in-laws as a wedding present.

He even rummaged through dresser drawers in their little girl's room before being interrupted by Werner, witnesses testified.

Santos' lawyer, John Youngblood, insists Werner was mistaken in the lineup and says there's no physical evidence tying him to the crime.

Closing arguments are expected Monday. Santos faces up to 15 years in prison if convicted.

Paulus Hook was a great neighborhood in the 90'S when
Crime was rampant, it's even more amazing now! For lack of a better word, you are a retard!

Posted on: 2011/3/1 3:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/1 18:03
Group:
Registered Users
why must posters who DOESNT LIVE in Paulus Hook always put their 2cents in? jeeeeeeze!

Mercyme: you have every right to be concern and asks questions when there's police activities goings on in the area. Im with you. As a long time resident of Jersey City, born, bred, educated (nursery to grade school) I too am concern just as you are.

Posted on: 2011/3/1 3:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Wow dude, you are just so HIGH class.

anyhoo, as long as crime is flowing downhill instead of uphill, the low class people like me that realtors don't care about paying waist-high rents should be fine.

LOLicopter

Posted on: 2011/3/1 2:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/1 18:03
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2011/3/1 2:02

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/6/19 19:47
Group:
Banned
Quote:

mercyme wrote:
Snow - sorry I offended, its just VERY scary seeing a bunch of "thugs" being arrested in front of me and the dog. This isn't just one incident - it just happened to be right in front of me

I am renting - i thank God I never bought here - its very dark and scary - and there is a certain bad element that is coming back out now that the weather isn't freezing....

mercyme - all the mocking here should make you realize that perhaps you made a wrong choice renting (thank God not buying!!!) in Jersey City.

If you thought that Paulus Hook is like a gated or a suburban community where crime is rare or non-existent - it isn't.

JC is rough; always has been, and (very likely) always will be, gentrification notwithstanding.

Posted on: 2011/2/28 17:35

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/12/26 19:21
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mercyme wrote:
Snow - sorry I offended, its just VERY scary seeing a bunch of "thugs" being arrested in front of me and the dog.

Since your dog saw it, how did the dog respond to this? Was the dog as scared as you are?

It's not just about your dog ya know.....what about the birds and squirrels? Were they terrified as well?

Posted on: 2011/2/28 16:24

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/2/28 15:31
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mercyme wrote:
its just VERY scary seeing a bunch of "thugs" being arrested in front of me and the dog. This isn't just one incident - it just happened to be right in front of me

I can't figure out how "thugs" being arrested is a bad thing?

Maybe you should start watching that show called "Cops" to help you deal with it better next time.

Posted on: 2011/2/28 14:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mercyme wrote:
Snow - sorry I offended, its just VERY scary seeing a bunch of "thugs" being arrested in front of me and the dog. This isn't just one incident - it just happened to be right in front of me

I am renting - i thank God I never bought here - its very dark and scary - and there is a certain bad element that is coming back out now that the weather isn't freezing....

If this was any other message board, I'd say this thread was started by a troll but alas it's JClist and therefore I know this person exists.
Lolz indeed.

Posted on: 2011/2/28 14:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Yes, but this was in Paulus Hook where people shit gold nuggets that never stink. How dare those "thugs" ,

Posted on: 2011/2/28 13:51

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/9/8 14:56
Group:
Banned
drug power struggle and gang struggle also. from what i remember so much beef started early 05 and the year before. like a new gang started to show up in JC becoming a majority and grew far past what it was before this year ( not naming the gang, won't give them that respect of acknowledgment).
I remember so many fights in high school also, it was definitely a prety bad year.

This site also proves the point that people just love to inflate how bad Jc really is. Growing here i could tell you how bad it was in the 90s with needing that site. i was 6 years old with my parents one night and in the span of an hour our car was stolen...in an hour!!!!!!!.....in downtown!!!!!! Bums, drug addicts were everywhere, even downtown. Alot of abandon buildings and Jc looked like a true hellhole. That's why i always find it funny when people say Jc looks like a dump. Wish i had a time machine just to show them, they living the fancy life in the new Jc compared to the old.

Posted on: 2011/2/28 13:08

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/18 3:12
Group:
Registered Users
interesting, indeed! 09 seems lightweight compared to four years earlier. what was up with 05? everything is off the charts for that stretch. I wonder tho if these last couple years - with people hurting from the crash -might be right back up there.

Posted on: 2011/2/28 7:42

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/9/8 14:56
Group:
Banned
uhhh..there is always a gang war somewhere in JC. its nothing new. and Jc's gang wars are not that serious. Again, if you really think Jc, especially your area is bad, just move out. No point in complaining how bad you may think it is and do nothing about and just want to hear about just do to curiosity. That's what moves people to start to think the area is getting worse because they focus on the crime constantly. Read the JJ, all people do is read the crime reports and swear that JC is turning into NWK but yet our crime rate is super low.

This is a city, and with a density like Jc, you WILL see crime happen unlike other cities where you can live in one neighborhood and never see crime happen. The size and density of JC makes seeing crime easy in whatever location you live in.

Posted on: 2011/2/28 3:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/3/15 19:57
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Kelcey wrote:
This tool provides interesting insight into Jersey City crime since 1985:

Uniform Crime Reporting Database

Good find, that site is pretty interesting.

Posted on: 2011/2/28 2:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/2/6 21:28
Group:
Registered Users
This tool provides interesting insight into Jersey City crime since 1985:

Uniform Crime Reporting Database

Posted on: 2011/2/28 1:32

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/15 12:18
Group:
Registered Users
i second snowflake. thanks for posting. i have lived here for 12 years and it is good to know what is going on and what one should be looking out for. i am sure it will turn up in the news this week.

Posted on: 2011/2/28 0:17

« 1 (2) 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017