Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
69 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 69

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Registering Vehicle in JC
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Hey tawaka777 just rat on them....

This is the link to JCPA

http://www.cityofjerseycity.com/agencies.aspx?id=1196

At the bottom of the page is a line you can click on to report a problem...

Report illegal or improper parking

Posted on: 2011/2/16 21:32

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/3 19:43
Group:
Registered Users
Welcome to another ex-Ohioan! I'm from Toledo myself.

Posted on: 2011/2/16 21:27

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/5/2 11:39
Group:
Registered Users
there is a person on my block that has a driveway but he parks his car in the street which people pay permits for and he is taking up a parking space for people who need spaces at night. i think he is just being spiteful for doing that and i dont think the city should allow permits for people who have driveways. its all money making these permits we dont need them during the dsy but it is yough parking at night.

Posted on: 2011/2/16 21:25

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/9 15:42
From Italian Village
Group:
Registered Users
For moving purposes, you can get "No Parking" signs from the Jersey City Parking Authority. You can call them about 2-3 weeks in advance and pay for the signs - I believe they are $10 each (and you have to buy two). They will even hang them for you so when you arrive you have somewhere for your moving truck to park.

Temporary Permit: This you will have to do in person: They will also issue you a temporary parking permit, I believe which is valid for 30 days, then when you officially get your registration changed to NJ at Motor Vehicle, you go back to JCParking Authority and they will issue you a permanent resident permit (valid for 1 year).

Another good thing to do while you are at JCparking Authority is pick up a couple daily visitor passes (they are $3 each, and valid for a couple years). These will come in handy if you have friends visit during the week, or forget to go back to JCPA within the 30 days, to switch your pass over to permanent resident permit.

Lastly, they have rules that change constantly in terms of what type of payment they accept. Bring your checkbook, have cash on hand, and be prepared to buy a money order (which you can do at the US post office next door), and they do not accept Credit Cards. Cash is only good for the $3 daily visitor passes- but only up to $9 worth(or 3), if it's more than that you'll need a money order. But again, this was a few months ago, and there rules about money CHANGE CONSTANTLY.

Posted on: 2011/2/16 16:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Here's the link to the NJDMV (if you didn't have it)

http://www.state.nj.us/mvc/

Also go to the DMV office at the Bayonne/Jersey City line. It has a big parking lot and the staff is very efficient. I have never been there more that 15 minutes..in and out!

Posted on: 2011/2/16 14:16

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/5/12 21:25
From Parts Unknown
Group:
Registered Users
I'm from the Cleveland area and currently live in Cleveland Heights, or as some lovingly call it, The People's Republic of Cleveland Heights - home of the 2% income tax, which is in addition to the federal, state, city and regional income taxes that are deducted from my check. Wee!

I would definitely want to register the vehicle in NJ just for the ease of obtaining a pass and so I don't have to jump through hoops to renew my registration in Ohio.

Posted on: 2011/2/16 2:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/22 1:46
Group:
Registered Users
Registering in NJ is less than $50 and the permit is only $15 (check only, BTW). That's a fraction of out-of-state price. Getting NJ plates will also make you less of a target for police in general, or even residents who feel spiteful about an out-of-stater constantly taking up a valuable space on the street ... as silly as it all may seem.

Posted on: 2011/2/16 0:29

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/3/25 17:23
Group:
Registered Users
welcome. i moved here from ohio too. where from? you can get a 30 day permit- check out the jersey city parking authority website for rates. if you don't want to change your registration, you can also pay $300 and stay registered in ohio for a year. that's what i did.

Posted on: 2011/2/16 0:25

Registering Vehicle in JC
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/5/12 21:25
From Parts Unknown
Group:
Registered Users
Hello-

I'm moving to JC (Hamilton Park area) in two weeks from Ohio and was looking up info on a parking permit for my vehicle. The parking permit application form says that my vehicle must be registered in New Jersey in order to receive a permit, but the first time I'm going to be able to get to JC with my vehicle is the day I move here. Any advice how I can go about getting my car and a moving van into the city without getting fined and/or towed?

Thank you in advance.

Posted on: 2011/2/16 0:08

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017