Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
127 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 127

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 »

Re: PostNet

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/6/5 22:51
Group:
Registered Users
Such amazing service, great (even somewhat flexible!) hours. These folks are incredibly friendly. Definitely a lifesaver when you need to mail something quick, or don't have a printer like me.

Thanks for a wonderful business

Posted on: 2012/6/5 22:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/6/30 13:44
Group:
Registered Users
Come on now,
Jaded, relax, Is that your cart you live in ?
I can see why your uptight ! If you got paid for what your worth ,you would live better! You must be the cart I almost ran into on Grove and Mercer

Come on now

Posted on: 2012/6/5 19:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/27 0:25
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Poncho11 wrote:
Come on now!
I have lived in major cities all my life, and except for the P.O. I don't know of any business who sells stamps at cost?. Why would you. Do you know any business that sells there goods at cost? Is that legal? UGH !!

Come on now !

Are you kidding me? If that's the case, you're a schmuck who likes to get ripped off. I buy stamps all the time at Duane Reade or the newsstand at Grove & Newark. Neither place has ever charged me more than the face value of the stamps. While it's not illegal to sell stamps at a price higher than face value, I've never encountered that. Most businesses sell stamps at cost because they want to offer a convenience to customers - it's a sad (and petty) business owner who stoops to selling stamps at a profit, especially given how infrequently people use snail mail nowadays.

Posted on: 2012/6/5 18:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Come on now!
I have lived in major cities all my life, and except for the P.O. I don't know of any business who sells stamps at cost?. Why would you. Do you know any business that sells there goods at cost? Is that legal? UGH !!

Come on now !

Posted on: 2012/6/5 17:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/18 1:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
> If I owned a business, I would be rude to rude people too.

Then it's a good job that you don't own a business, as you would not do well.

Robin.

Posted on: 2012/6/5 17:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/16 18:32
Group:
Registered Users
If you buy stamps from the ATM, they charge you more for it. It might be tax, but I've noticed that you are paying 50 cents instead of whatever the price stamps are usually.

Posted on: 2012/6/5 17:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/9/26 14:52
Group:
Registered Users
I went in last spring to buy a stamp for a birthday card after seeing the line at the post office. He only had one left, reminded me it was tax day, and charged me 50cents for it. I've never been anywhere where they charge extra for postage stamps. Is that even legal?

Posted on: 2012/6/5 17:07

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/7/4 14:06
Group:
Registered Users
Been going there since it opened & Rich and his staff have always been good to me. Need a place like this in the area & surprised of all the whining about the store.

Relax people & just don't go there if you have a problem.

Posted on: 2012/6/5 15:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Come on now!

JCgurl MEOW ,& MEOW MIX . Lame, lame,lame,lame,lame,lame,lame,lame,lame,lame lame.lame.

Come on now!

Posted on: 2012/6/5 14:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/1/18 16:12
From Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
WOW! So, even though I've used PostNet on several occasions with no problems, I'm going to think twice in the future... not because of customer reviews but because of the way the owner has responded to the complaints. If he thinks it's O.K. to talk to customers the way he has responded on JC List, I don't think he's the kind of person I want to do business with.

Posted on: 2012/6/5 13:35

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/6/5 13:19
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
He is always been more than nice to me, but I am nice to him. If I owned a business, I would be rude to rude people too.

Posted on: 2012/6/5 13:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/10 19:14
Group:
Registered Users
By "real" I mean that's who he is. On some days he is friendlier than others. Call it a character flaw if you will but I don't find it a deterent from using his services. The other people you mention are great JC busines owners and yes, by and large, more cheerful.

meowmix wrote:
I don't know... By that same logic, that post net is more "real" because of that certain je ne se quois, would you also say that Celeste from MWL or Brian from Park and Sixth or Alice from Madame Claude or the sweet lady from Sava (the list could go on and on) are less real because they are friendly (and in my opinion awesome) to all their customers? They are all in the same small business boat.

I haven't enjoyed my experiences at post net. If you have, that's great. Perhaps we should all agree to disagree.[/quote]

Posted on: 2012/6/5 1:20

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/9/9 2:01
Group:
Registered Users
the Harsimus Cove Assn has been a customer of PostNet for years and I have been a customer of Rich's business and have always received good service. And I plan to return as a customer in the future.

Rich is defending his business with such zealotry because this is his livelihood. I can appreciate that, but I think he has learned that these forums can devolve many times into name calling, which isn't good for anyone.

Posted on: 2012/6/4 23:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Come on now !
Meow Mix, Your earlier post was over two stamps that were sold to you . See what I mean by being weak! I wanna defend this guy over silliness. What else did you do there that offended you ? Obviously you didn't return there again. Come on now!

Posted on: 2012/6/4 21:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/11/24 5:16
Group:
Registered Users
I don't know... By that same logic, that post net is more "real" because of that certain je ne se quois, would you also say that Celeste from MWL or Brian from Park and Sixth or Alice from Madame Claude or the sweet lady from Sava (the list could go on and on) are less real because they are friendly (and in my opinion awesome) to all their customers? They are all in the same small business boat.

I haven't enjoyed my experiences at post net. If you have, that's great. Perhaps we should all agree to disagree.

Posted on: 2012/6/4 21:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/10 19:14
Group:
Registered Users
His business model opens him up to placating to these large entities like Fed-Ex. Does he have to provide this service? I am not sure. Either way, it seems his personality fights with this and that is something he needs to work on. I am sure he would also agree that he isn't exactly Mr. Congeniality.

I have used PostNet on numerous occasions over the years from dropping off letters to faxing and while I may not be blown away by Rich's cheerful personality he has sort of grown on me. Much like my barber in the city who, on most days, is a bit cantankerous and opinionated. Perhaps this is the reason I choose to patronize both of them. I like this salt of the earth demeanor, seems more real. My Fed-Ex guy is the same way. I ask him every time I see him (once every week or so) How's it going? I get the inevitable, "Don't ask."

Is Rich the Soup Nazi? No. Is he a bubbly business owner who greets everyone with a warm smile? No. Is Rich a Jersey guy who will have a 5 minute conversation with you about the old Jersey City or other topics and then say have a good day, see ya next time? Yes.

Posted on: 2012/6/4 18:21

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/12/22 22:35
Group:
Banned
We do not support or endorse the inherently dangerous practice of engaging users of this or any other public forum for the sole purpose of debating one's views or opinions versus another's.
Furthermore, said practice shall be viewed strictly and unequivocally as "At Your Own Risk" and should be tread upon with extreme caution.
Anyway...we do all of our shipping with Postnet and are always happy. Always professional. Always open. Always consistent and never on "vacation" like some of us. BTW Rich, saw you and your wife at the rest. in NY recently. Thank you for your patronage as well.

Posted on: 2012/6/4 16:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

RMendez wrote:
" I don't care what JC list says, I do fine with out them"

My favorite line of the week.

Posted on: 2012/6/4 15:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Oh boy... this is like the Taqueria Downtown thread all over again. I'm sitting back here with my popcorn and enjoying all the drama.

Let me put in my two cents:

I went in there one time to have something mailed, and it was fine. I don't know the owners at all, but I'm sure they work hard and probably have many satisfied customers and like any business, a few dissatisfied ones (legitimately or not). Assuming my experiences with PostNet are good in the future, I may actually consider using their private mailbox services.

That said, I sort of have to side with Brewster here - when a location is listed on a company's website as being a place where that company's services can be obtained at, and then the individual owners of that location don't want to provide those particular services, and/or make certain excuses, it irritates me to no end. Providing those particular services may suck for the individual business owner, they may be unprofitable, but that's between the individual business and the bigger company. Don't put the customers in the middle of it, and don't cherry pick the most profitable services either. You have to take the good with the bad, and I don't care that you're not making any money off a particular service that FedEx or UPS makes you provide, it's not my problem and I am not a party to the contract. Reminds of when I redeemed a Groupon at a certain restaurant in New York, and didn't order much more beyond what the Groupon entitled me too. Someone who I assumed was the owner or manager felt it was important to tell me they were losing money on this Groupon by my using it. Not my problem! Take it up with Groupon. I might have gone back to that restaurant another time and been a profitable customer but because they chose to have that attitude, I never went back. Not saying that PostNet is exactly the same, but at the end of the day, few customers care about what services you make money on and what services you don't.

Posted on: 2012/6/4 14:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Come on now!,
You have to admit that the Snarling dog Brewster admirers are making some weak claims. And, this is from years ago! 15 Posts, let it go!

Must be two sides to every phone call!

Come on now!

Posted on: 2012/6/4 11:09

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/9/18 9:55
Group:
Registered Users
Postnet is probably nice to some people. But I have not had a good experience. I have called up Postnet to ask about dropping off 1 small Fedex package (even provided dimensions on the phone) and he said he would not accept it and I should go somewhere else.

I won't visit him for anything after that. I go to the UPS store in Newport or the Fedex store in Hoboken. Even though they are further away, I get the advertised services in a professional manner. Hopefully this discussion improves his attitude towards *all* customers.

Posted on: 2012/6/3 23:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

RMendez wrote:
I'm sorry that I extended this personal fued between myself, and Brewster, and ethancrane.

You still don't see how one sided this problem is, do you? I said something you admit it is factual about your business practice, and you respond by slagging me personally, going as far as rummaging up something you thought disparaging from an unrelated, years old thread. There's a difference, and the fact that you don't see that you alone made it a "personal feud" tells all. Clearly you have your admirers, but so does the average barking, snarling dog.

Posted on: 2012/6/3 22:13

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/26 11:18
Group:
Registered Users
I'm sorry that I extended this personal fued between myself, and Brewster, and ethancrane. I should have ignored it. I don't know these people, and they don't know me. It's hard not to react to personal attacks from individuals hiding behind usernames.

Thanks, Rich

If there is any thing that has to be said, they know where I am, all the time.

Posted on: 2012/6/3 19:31

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Ethancrane,
for a the guy who started the name calling, I really don't think you deserve any respect. Do you ? It takes one to know one. Right !

Rich

Posted on: 2012/6/3 19:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/11 21:09
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

RMendez wrote:
Ethancrane is a lost sole loser. He was in my store 9 years ago ( according to him) and still holds a grudge.

This is all anybody needs to know about PostNet, IMO. I share actual experiences and get back personal attacks.

For most businesses, word-of-mouth is the best advertising they could get. For PostNet, it's the worst.

Look how this jerk aggressively insults anyone who shares a negative experience of him. Does he think we're all making this up? If he owned up to his bad behavior and promised to do better, I'd actually have some respect for him.

Posted on: 2012/6/3 17:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

RMendez wrote:
Brewster, I been reading your posts, and I see that you are a tired old lady. You seem to think your perfect or jealous that I have a successful business without having you as a customer.
The Little League thing was kind of sad. Maybe you should focus on other things.

Rich

Seriously? You've gone and read my 1900 posts to find something to attack me about and that's what you've found? Surely I must have said something horrible about apple pie too. I'm not even sure what you're talking about, revive the thread and I'll be happy to comment.

Quote:

RMendez wrote:
What I don't like is ,Personal ( People who sit at home )accounts where a person can send it thru me and support the store. There is no difference.

There's plenty of difference: Rather than wait for service in your store and waste my time populating a form by hand with addresses, when I print a label from my Fedex account to send a box to my mother, all it takes is a couple of clicks to pull up her address and enter the weight. It automatically does the billing to my credit card and sends both her and me emails as to the disposition of the package.

But the bottom line is that Fedex explicitly sends it's online account customers to you for a service you choose not to give. Want to reduce the friction rather than demonize us? Put a sign in the window "No Prelabeled Shipments Accepted, Except Vendor Returns".

Posted on: 2012/6/3 16:08

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/30 23:29
Group:
Registered Users
fascinating thread. As for me, i have had nothing but great experiences with Rich and his wife.

Posted on: 2012/6/3 13:58

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I would like to say one last thing. It seems that the label thing is basis of the gripes. I take all pre paid labels. I can't take all pre paid USPS labels because over 12 oz. it must go direct to the USPS. But, I do let plenty of people leave them.
I take all UPS commercial returns, I prefer on Saturdays not to take them because I don't like keeping anything in the store over the weekend. Same with Fedex. What I don't like is ,Personal ( People who sit at home )accounts where a person can send it thru me and support the store. There is no difference. And ,if that is a bother, then deal with the company you are sending with, whether it is Fedex on the Waterfront, UPS by the Mall, and as a independent( UPS) owner, they don't like them either. You have already paid those companies on line , so you can deal with them direct. Why would you be so against helping support the local store.

If you have been in my store you would see the mounds of Zappos, Verizon, etc. All returns. Also, I will not take multiple
returns (5-6 boxes) because I don't have the room. And,last but not least Labels with no address's, If the Label does not furnish an address I will not take them, because they sit in my store for weeks before the owner returns. The driver will not take them, and some companies have direct connections with Fedex office ,and you have to go there to return the item.

My problem that started this thing was when Sillyscope came in, and was pushy to start with, and her label did not contain an address. I pointed that out to her, and I asked her to call Company to verify this. The next word out of her mouth was " thats why JC Lists hates you " then proceeds to ask me to by a box. I said no. I also said " I don't care what JC list says, I do fine with out them " Not the hullabaloo she claims happened. That is where the customers chimed in , and she left.

I would not have the business that I have ,if ,I was rude to every one who comes in ( according to some people) the door. I am rude to people who are rude 1st. I'm a jerk to people who are jerks 1st. Or, people who are demanding
and it has to be what they say, or nothing. Well ,it's going to be nothing.

Rich

Posted on: 2012/6/2 11:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/20 2:33
Group:
Registered Users
Glad so many people have had great experiences there.
I wouldn't bother to post, but I hate to see Brewster or anyone who has a negative experience at PostNet made out to be a crank
Same thing happened to me years ago; guy wouldn't accept a preprinted return label.
I didn't bother to burn any bridges or make a fuss. I just didn't go back.
So +1 Brewster!

Posted on: 2012/6/2 1:46

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/8/21 19:11
From Downtown JC
Group:
Registered Users
Rich is the best. On numerous occasions he's intentionally undercharged me or done things for free. He always starts a friendly conversation that keeps me there 10 minutes longer than I meant to be every time, and I mean that in a good way.

He's one of the people I'd truly miss if I moved from Jersey City.

Posted on: 2012/6/2 0:39

(1) 2 3 4 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017