Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
125 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 125

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: PostNet
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Now isn't that the sweetest classic JC attitude? "He'll be a prick to you until he gets to know you, so suck it up, since there's nothing you can do about it anyway because he's got the deal and you're nobody".

He might as well be working for the Buildings Dept...

Posted on: 2011/2/11 2:08

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/25 18:50
From corner of van vorst and vienna
Group:
Registered Users
Look, I feel for you. You've had a negative experience, and I'd be pissed off too. And to top it off, everyone's telling you how great the place is. FedEx is perfectly happy with Rich, so that outrage isn't going to get you anywhere. If you want to use his store, go in and talk to him, or give him a call. Someone earlier in this thread said it's the kind of place where a little friendliness/kindness will come back to you tenfold, and I second that.

This place is a real cornerstone of the neighborhood, where the proprietor and his staff have solid, long-term relationships with their customers. Go in and have a conversation. Rich is one of my favorite people to talk to ? he's a fascinating JC native. Good luck...

Posted on: 2011/2/11 1:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Beachguy wrote:
It feels like there are a number of people who are angry because they can't get something for nothing. Open an account or give them some regular business and I believe that you'll be satisfied with the service. No business owner can be successful by just accommaodating every one who walks in off the street and asks you to perform a service for free, especially in Jersey City. Put yourself in the other person's shoes!

If Fedex's website, on the page I'm filling in to print out a label, directs me to drop off the package there, clearly accepting said packages is part of his contract with them. It's not that I'm expecting him to do it altruistically out of the blue. He's refusing to do what he obviously contractually agreed to when he became an official Fedex affiliate. This hurts customers like me not only because he refuses to take the packages, but from Fedex's point of view, they have no reason to open another full service branch in the area if they believe he has it covered because it's in his contract.

Posted on: 2011/2/11 1:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/10 14:36
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
It feels like there are a number of people who are angry because they can't get something for nothing. Open an account or give them some regular business and I believe that you'll be satisfied with the service. No business owner can be successful by just accommaodating every one who walks in off the street and asks you to perform a service for free, especially in Jersey City. Put yourself in the other person's shoes!

Posted on: 2011/2/10 23:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Imagine all the excuses and narratives you want. I had no problems, "dynamic" or interactions with him. I'll say again, I did not visit on a regular basis, I only entered the place a few times a year with only 1 purpose, to drop off a labeled box. If that's enough to get on his shit list, enough said. He was perfectly clear that I wasn't welcome to drop off packages if he wasn't getting paid, no clarification needed.

Quote:

hitchcock wrote:
I believe you that he's told you this. Rich will refuse this service if someone is a problem. No idea what your dynamic with him is or what your interactions with him have been like, but I've known him for years, and he's a mensch. Sorry to hear that your experience hasn't been a good one. If this is something you really need on occasion, you should call him and ask for clarification.

Quote:
Absolutely not true. He has told me explicitly not to bring prelabeled Fedex dropoffs to his place, something I did only a few times a year. This is clearly in direct violation and in bad faith of his agreement with Fedex, since when I fill out an online label it tells me Postnet is the nearest place to drop it off. And no, it's not just as easy to fill out a label there and let him make some money off it. Online I just click someone from my address book and the form is done, complete with emails indicating delivery or problems. I don't have to stand there (with my car illegally parked since there's never any spaces) laboriously scrawling or dictating the info.

Posted on: 2011/2/10 21:53

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I believe you that he's told you this. Rich will refuse this service if someone is a problem. No idea what your dynamic with him is or what your interactions with him have been like, but I've known him for years, and he's a mensch. Sorry to hear that your experience hasn't been a good one. If this is something you really need on occasion, you should call him and ask for clarification.

Quote:
Absolutely not true. He has told me explicitly not to bring prelabeled Fedex dropoffs to his place, something I did only a few times a year. This is clearly in direct violation and in bad faith of his agreement with Fedex, since when I fill out an online label it tells me Postnet is the nearest place to drop it off. And no, it's not just as easy to fill out a label there and let him make some money off it. Online I just click someone from my address book and the form is done, complete with emails indicating delivery or problems. I don't have to stand there (with my car illegally parked since there's never any spaces) laboriously scrawling or dictating the info.

Posted on: 2011/2/10 21:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/22 6:01
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

lolo wrote:
PostNet once charged me a dollar for a piece of tape. Not a roll of tape -- one single piece of tape.

the regular post office does this too.

Posted on: 2011/2/10 21:00

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/11/28 3:13
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MikeyTBC wrote:
I've heard they dislike it when you use them as a "drop off" when you have a pre-paid label or use your own account.

Yes they are terrible when it comes to pre-paid labels. They make it awkward to drop off packages. I don't use them specifically because of this!

Posted on: 2011/2/10 20:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

hitchcock wrote:
He doesn't dislike drop-offs. He might not like it if you dropped off 85 boxes at once. There might be a fee sometimes; I think that info is posted in the store. If you call ahead or come in and tell him what you need, he'll work with you.

Absolutely not true. He has told me explicitly not to bring prelabeled Fedex dropoffs to his place, something I did only a few times a year. This is clearly in direct violation and in bad faith of his agreement with Fedex, since when I fill out an online label it tells me Postnet is the nearest place to drop it off.

And no, it's not just as easy to fill out a label there and let him make some money off it. Online I just click someone from my address book and the form is done, complete with emails indicating delivery or problems. I don't have to stand there (with my car illegally parked since there's never any spaces) laboriously scrawling or dictating the info.

Posted on: 2011/2/10 20:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/1/7 4:11
Group:
Registered Users
I've had great service at this place on a half dozen occasions. Always got the impression here that if you present with a good attitude, it is returned to you ten fold. They also have helped me with some unorthodox situations and I value their service very much.

Posted on: 2011/2/10 18:43
I'm not perfect.....but I'm not all bad either.

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/1/29 13:51
Group:
Registered Users
PostNet was a godsend when I was applying for jobs and printing cover letters every other week. Rich didn't charge me for the ones that came out wrong, even on fancy paper. I've also used that place for prepaid returns a few times and have never had a problem.

Posted on: 2011/2/10 18:18

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
PostNet rules. I've had a mailbox there for years, and owner Rich Mendez is one of the reasons I love where I live. He and his staff are awesome, straightforward people. Rich is very fair and has no tolerance for b.s.

He can charge whatever he wants for stamps. Not illegal. If you want them for face value, go to the post office or order online from usps.com (what I do to avoid markups and the JC post office).

He doesn't dislike drop-offs. He might not like it if you dropped off 85 boxes at once. There might be a fee sometimes; I think that info is posted in the store. If you call ahead or come in and tell him what you need, he'll work with you.

Posted on: 2011/2/10 18:04

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/29 3:50
Group:
Registered Users
PostNet once charged me a dollar for a piece of tape. Not a roll of tape -- one single piece of tape.

Posted on: 2011/2/10 16:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/11/24 5:16
Group:
Registered Users
I'm not too crazy about them. They kind of act like they're doing you a favor by waiting on you. Also both times I've been there they were overcharging for stamps ($0.50 each) which is illegal, I think.

Posted on: 2011/2/10 16:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/8 16:46
Group:
Registered Users
We at the theater have used them quite a bit for our print jobs. Rich is a great guy and the quality of their work is amazing. I think Sam Pott from Nimbus Dance uses them too.

Clay
J CITY Theater

Posted on: 2011/2/10 15:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
I've heard they dislike it when you use them as a "drop off" when you have a pre-paid label or use your own account.

Posted on: 2011/2/10 15:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/10 14:36
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Yes to the pre-paid labels. Yes they do FedEx and UPS pick-ups and drop-offs. I use them a lot. If you establish an account with them and have packages sent there, you avoid the threat of stolen parcels left on your doorstep. I find their rates reasonable. Plus they have a copy service.

Posted on: 2011/2/10 15:42

PostNet
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/1/22 15:38
From harsimus cove
Group:
Registered Users
Does anyone have any info/recommendations for postnet? I've never used them before and I'm beginning to wonder why I haven't since they are MUCH closer to my home than the post office (and I have to imagine they must be friendlier).

Are the prices to mail things reasonable, and in line with UPS, USPS, etc?

Do they do UPS drop off service (if I had a prepaid label, could I drop it off there rather than lugging my packages on NJ Transit to my office?)

Thanks!

Posted on: 2011/2/10 15:34

« 1 2 3 (4)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017