Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
117 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 117

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: finding an evicted tenant
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Do you know where your tenant's have their bank accounts? If you have kept a check from them in the past, try this remedy:

Bank Levy
If you know or can find out where the debtor has a savings or checking account in New Jersey, you may ask that a court officer collect your debt from the money in the account. You must provide the name of the bank, the address, and the account number, if possible. Court officers are not required to search for bank accounts.

After the money has been levied upon by the Court Officer, it is considered frozen. You must then file a Motion to Turn Over Funds with the court and serve a copy upon the debtor and the bank. If the court grants the motion, the judge will sign the Order to Turn Over Funds that you submitted with your motion. This order will be delivered to the bank by the Court Officer.

The fee for this procedure is $5 plus mileage for each trip to the bank by the court officer. If there is a new address subsequently provided to the officer where an asset may be available to satisfy the judgment, an additional mileage fee is then charged. (A packet for self-represented litigants on how to file a motion to turnover funds is available in any Special Civil Part Clerk?s Office and is available on the Internet at njcourts.com.)

Here's more info on collecting judgments:
http://www.judiciary.state.nj.us/pros ... _collect_money_jdgmnt.pdf

Posted on: 2011/2/9 18:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/3/26 15:30
Group:
Registered Users
Did you try try looking for them on Facebook or LinkedIn?

If you still have their cancelled rent checks you may be able to get the court to attach a lein to their account which will no doubt smoke them out. This worked for me once, but you must first be able to get a judgment against them first, I'm not sure but you might be able to get a judgment in absentia Good Luck!

Posted on: 2011/2/9 18:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/21 20:55
From The Heights
Group:
Registered Users
I would like to think that if someone wants to go around looking up my info I must give them my consent. I will add that anyone can run anyones name on some public record sites.. Just can?t do credit history without acknowledgement, is my understanding.

Quote:

Josefina wrote:
I did think of that but the service I use requires notifying the tenant so that's not going to work. I do have their cell phone numbers and e-mail addresses but they certainly won't agree to a background check! Do you know if all the companies that do background checks require that the person being reported on be notified?
Thank you.

Posted on: 2011/2/9 18:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
try giving a private investigator a call...

Posted on: 2011/2/9 18:07

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/10 19:21
Group:
Registered Users
I did think of that but the service I use requires notifying the tenant so that's not going to work. I do have their cell phone numbers and e-mail addresses but they certainly won't agree to a background check! Do you know if all the companies that do background checks require that the person being reported on be notified?
Thank you.

Posted on: 2011/2/9 18:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/9/5 2:01
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Did you run a background check on them when they moved in? if you run another one, it should produce their current location.

Posted on: 2011/2/9 17:38

finding an evicted tenant

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/10 19:21
Group:
Registered Users
Can anyone give me advice on finding a tenant that was evicted in May? I am trying to collect back rent/damages (total of over $10,000). I've filled out all of the necessary paperwork but only have the NYC work addresses for the couple. The court told me I must find NJ addresses for them; they cannot serve an out of state address. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you.

Posted on: 2011/2/9 16:26

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017