Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
139 user(s) are online (119 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 139

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: New construction near Libert State Park(Bergen Lafayette section)
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/9/8 14:56
Group:
Banned
The immediate section around LSP isn't that bad but it also isn't the greatest. Nothing more or less than what you what have to handle in brooklyn. Some people just love to bash JC at all costs. I've lived here my whole life (20 years) and I can surely tell you that crime has gone down, significantly. That particular area has also changed, not in the same magnitude as the entirety of downtown but has gone in a new direction and with people, like yourself, who are willing to invest in that section i wouldn't doubt that BeLa ( I combined them, sue me) will grow into something better.

Posted on: 2011/2/9 20:47

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/2/9 16:28
Group:
Registered Users
I drive by the construction site quite frequently. The construction seems to be progressing pretty fast. Do you know the price point?

Also, what is going on with the finished new building on Monitor & Communipaw?

I checked Liberty Hall lofts yesterday. They are pricy. It seems they are going to fill up all the empty land between LSP & light rail with new construction over next few years. That will make Liberty State Park adjacent section of Bergen Lafayette very interesting. And once Jersey Eve extension is done, you will be almost right in downtown.

Posted on: 2011/2/9 16:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/14 1:50
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcinterest wrote:
The other is on the Ash st & Pacific Ave. Does anyone know if they rentals or condos?

http://www.thejcra.org/index.php?p=project-details&pid=18

"Gargant is constructing eleven (11) four story town homes containing 24 market rate units. Each town home will consist of three bedrooms and two and 1/2 baths. The town homes will have brick and copper facades, modern features and unique designs throughout."

My wife and I like living in Lafayette a lot (coming up on two years). Our house is much larger, and much more comfortable, than anything we could have afforded downtown, and our neighbors are great. Lafayette has its detractors, and certainly has a way to go in some respects, but it's by no means the gangland/wasteland that some portray it as.

We're in it for the long haul, and having lived in many parts of the world and many parts of greater NYC, are confident from what we see that the neighborhood will be vastly improved in the next 5-10 years. Might not be ideal for everyone, but we're fine with that.

Posted on: 2011/2/8 22:03

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/8 1:12
From Lafayette
Group:
Registered Users
Are you looking to move here? I have heard about a lot of re-dev coming on Suydam and Monitor. I bought here because I wanted a yard for my kids. Having a driveway is nice too, since both cars I have owned in JC got damaged while parked on the street, not while I was driving them.

Posted on: 2011/2/8 18:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/3/15 19:57
Group:
Banned
Quote:

petey8 wrote:
I don't really worry about stray bullets. But you can come up with all kinds of scenarios in all kinds of hypothetical situations. I described mine because it is the one I live every day. It is what it is, and I don't want to, nor do I plan to think about, moving to Bayonne or any other neighborhood.

Hey Im on your side, more power to ya, I was just saying ya know.

Posted on: 2011/2/8 16:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/7 21:36
Group:
Registered Users
I don't really worry about stray bullets. But you can come up with all kinds of scenarios in all kinds of hypothetical situations. I described mine because it is the one I live every day. It is what it is, and I don't want to, nor do I plan to think about, moving to Bayonne or any other neighborhood.

Posted on: 2011/2/8 16:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/3/15 19:57
Group:
Banned
Quote:

petey8 wrote:
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I am glad I bought my house in B-L, and will surely ride out the waves of whatever happens good and/or bad in the years ahead. I will say this much, the value of my house has maintained within reasonable limits over the past 6 years despite the real estate burst. And no one has broken into my car, etc., and I have mostly fine neighbors. And I am a very good neighbor also. Not saying it is perfect, by any stretch, and there are plenty of things I would like to change. But all things considered, there are very few places besides B-L where I could have been able to purchase this great, spacious house, less than a half hour commute to my NYC job, next to LSP, with ample bus and light rail service at the corners.

Im all for the grimy JC as most of this board probably knows by now, but you can get a place in Bayonne with a lot of space, short commute to NYC and close to the light rail. Most important is you will peace of mind that you wont have a stray bullet go through your window.

Posted on: 2011/2/8 16:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/7 21:36
Group:
Registered Users
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I am glad I bought my house in B-L, and will surely ride out the waves of whatever happens good and/or bad in the years ahead. I will say this much, the value of my house has maintained within reasonable limits over the past 6 years despite the real estate burst. And no one has broken into my car, etc., and I have mostly fine neighbors. And I am a very good neighbor also. Not saying it is perfect, by any stretch, and there are plenty of things I would like to change. But all things considered, there are very few places besides B-L where I could have been able to purchase this great, spacious house, less than a half hour commute to my NYC job, next to LSP, with ample bus and light rail service at the corners.

Posted on: 2011/2/8 15:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
Too many uneducated people with nothing to do all day except cause trouble. Stay away! Bergen Lafayette is not going to be the next Harlem or Bed-Stuy!

Posted on: 2011/2/8 15:30

New construction near Libert State Park(Bergen Lafayette section)

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/2/9 16:28
Group:
Registered Users
Good amount of new construction going on near Liberty State Park end of Bergen Lafayette. One is a nice midrise on the corner of Communipaw Ave & Monitor st. The other is on the Ash st & Pacific Ave. Does anyone know if they rentals or condos? And there is another new building started on Pine south of Communipaw.

I think this part of Bergen Lafayette is very interesting in my opinion.

1. Adjacent to LSP
2. Light rail
3. Turn pike exit to get easily get out of city
4. Liberty Science Center
5. Low prices & rents
6. I know there us luxury hotel planned to be built south of Liberty Science Center. Not sure what has been going on with that.
7. Jersey Ave extension in cards which will make this part accessible to downtown.

I am looking to investing in this area. What do you all pros think?

Posted on: 2011/2/8 14:32

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017