Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
118 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 118

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: half-eaten chicken bones on the sidewalks
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/6/14 1:55
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hitchcock wrote:
There are certain things that dogs like a LOT and refuse to drop, even when we're talking well-trained canine. Chicken bones are at the top of that list.

my point exactly...yeah blame the dog owner instead of people who have no motivation to walk over to a garbage cans.

Posted on: 2011/3/29 12:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/16 18:32
Group:
Registered Users
Let's add "half eaten chicken bones on the sidewalks" on the QOL thread.

Posted on: 2011/2/9 15:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/7/18 18:17
Group:
Banned
Chicken bones are nasty - but those single-serve floss devices tossed all over the place give me the chills. I want to get a Hep-C test just LOOKING at them.

Posted on: 2011/2/9 15:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
I'm not saying that the chicken bone droppers aren't at fault but I bet irresponsible dog owners with those retractable leashes are mostly the ones complaining.

It's simple, keep your dog on a short lead and don't let it near anything you don't want it to touch/eat.

Posted on: 2011/2/9 15:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
^^^
Because cigarette butts aren't irresistible to doggies, nor do they get stuck on your shoes and track all over your polar bear skin fireplace rug.

It's been amazing this winter navigating the narrow snow corridors
whilst avoiding piles of dog crap. Bad enough on a wide sidewalk. But these little snow lanes allow for no avoidance of dog bombs without danger to my own dear self.

Dogs should be banned during snow times, because people just can't handle the responsibility.

Posted on: 2011/2/9 14:33

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/9/21 19:56
Group:
Registered Users
How come no one is complaining about the 7 million cigarette butts that the receding snowbanks are revealing?

Posted on: 2011/2/9 13:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
This answers why we see more mice and rats !

Posted on: 2011/2/9 9:06
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/25 18:50
From corner of van vorst and vienna
Group:
Registered Users
There are certain things that dogs like a LOT and refuse to drop, even when we're talking well-trained canine. Chicken bones are at the top of that list.

Posted on: 2011/2/9 4:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
I'd rather step on a chicken bone than a pile of dog shit.

Posted on: 2011/2/9 4:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

No dog should touch any food that it's owner doesn't give it direct permision to touch. That's not just dog training but part of the responsibility of being a dog owner.

I love you.

Posted on: 2011/2/9 4:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Tash wrote:
Quote:

JCGirl09 wrote:
Actually - I manage to get things out of my dog's mouth all the time. It's called a simple command of "drop it". Or, bring a treat for the dog that will entice him or her to drop the nasty chicken bone.

Great that you can train your dog to do that, but again those bones don't belong on the street in the first place. Let the dog take it out of the garbage.

No dog should touch any food that it's owner doesn't give it direct permision to touch. That's not just dog training but part of the responsibility of being a dog owner.

Posted on: 2011/2/9 3:55

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCGirl09 wrote:
Actually - I manage to get things out of my dog's mouth all the time. It's called a simple command of "drop it". Or, bring a treat for the dog that will entice him or her to drop the nasty chicken bone.

Great that you can train your dog to do that, but again those bones don't belong on the street in the first place. Let the dog take it out of the garbage, so the owners are forced to train them the usual way, learning from having to clean up the garbage.

I am not am dog owner ( I would never have an apartment dog. ) But I have been around dogs all my life, trained and not trained...and most dogs are not as well trained as they should be and those bones pose a hazard.

Posted on: 2011/2/9 3:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Chicken bones on streets? What is wrong with you dog owners? If your dogs are not properly trained, then you deserve the vet bills.

YOUR DOGS SHOULDN'T EAT STUFF YOU TELL THEM NOT TO EAT.

YOUR DOGS SHOULD ONLY EAT STUFF YOU ALLOW THEM TO EAT.

How hard is that? Train your dogs!!!

Posted on: 2011/2/9 3:45

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:

Actually, my dog's poop is in retaliation for all the chicken bones.

lol

Danger to dogs or not, it's gross and not sanitary...they attract rats and opossums.

Posted on: 2011/2/9 3:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

jc97 wrote:
Maybe they're retaliating for all of the dog crap people leave on the sidewalks? Quality of life gets no attention in Jersey City - especially not with the massive budget cuts going on. Looks like we will be dodging dog poop and chicken bones for years to come.

Actually, my dog's poop is in retaliation for all the chicken bones.

Posted on: 2011/2/9 2:43

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/8/23 1:54
Group:
Registered Users
You make it sound like it's an easy thing to do, I don't know if you tried to get anything out of dog's mouth while it was determined on eating it, but dogs don't cooperate with reason they might choke or cost in vet bills.

Posted on: 2011/2/9 2:15

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/6 16:57
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCGirl09 wrote:
Why does this seem easy to me? If you see your dog eating a chicken bone, stop them...and if you see a chicken bone on the sidewalk kick it out of the way. As far as lack of garbage cans - that is true. Carry a "trash bag" type of receptacle and throw out the "trash" when you find the appropriate place for it.

It sounds like you have a chicken bone to pick with this message thread...

Posted on: 2011/2/9 2:09

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/10/6 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Maybe they're retaliating for all of the dog crap people leave on the sidewalks? Quality of life gets no attention in Jersey City - especially not with the massive budget cuts going on. Looks like we will be dodging dog poop and chicken bones for years to come.

Posted on: 2011/2/9 2:01

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
icechute wrote:
Quote:

....considering lack of adequate garbage space and presence of many inconsiderate fried chicken lovers, this will continue...

Believe me, the people who drop trash on the sidewalk don't give a crap about "adequate garbage space".

[/quote]
...yes, the inconsiderate fried chicken lovers throw away all garbage on the street,.Ah the trash blooms of Jersey City, they thrive thanks to some of the city's natives

Quote:

JCGirl09 wrote:
Why does this seem easy to me? If you see your dog eating a chicken bone, stop them...

You make it sound like it's an easy thing to do, I don't know if you tried to get anything out of dog's mouth while it was determined on eating it, but dogs don't cooperate with reason they might choke or cost in vet bills.

Josiered wrote:
Quote:

One trip to the vet two years ago cost me $147.00 to find out the bones got lodged in my dogs intestines.

The Yorkie didn't get sick, thank god! But yes, the vet bills can get a lot higher. We had a vet emergency once (dog ate core of a softball) it run $3000 to get it out of his stomach.

Posted on: 2011/2/9 1:42

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/7/21 15:28
Group:
Registered Users
Because people would rather complain about things than take some simple remedial action to fix the problems that annoy them. Thats why it seems so easy to you.

Posted on: 2011/2/9 1:20

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/8/23 1:54
Group:
Registered Users
Why does this seem easy to me? If you see your dog eating a chicken bone, stop them...and if you see a chicken bone on the sidewalk kick it out of the way. As far as lack of garbage cans - that is true. Carry a "trash bag" type of receptacle and throw out the "trash" when you find the appropriate place for it.

Posted on: 2011/2/9 0:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/1/22 3:23
Group:
Registered Users
If you take a stroll with your dog on Brunswick toward the Park on 9th Street - the sidewalks are inundated with chicken bones. The school kids (Ferris/Dickeson/McNair) all eat in the local hood and love to just drop the container and its contents on the sidewalks or middle of the street.
One trip to the vet two years ago cost me $147.00 to find out the bones got lodged in my dogs intestines. Total nightmare - I can't believe the slobs can't wait to find a garbage can before dropping the bucket in front of someones house.

Posted on: 2011/2/9 0:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
You just don't know the length someone might go !

Resized Image

Posted on: 2011/2/8 23:06
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:

It's not just choking because dogs do not digest cooked bones well and can sometimes get blockages in their intestines.

Every cloud has a silver lining.

Posted on: 2011/2/8 20:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Tash wrote:
Quote:

crushthedemoniac wrote:

Welcome to Jersey City

lol!

It is gross, but considering lack of adequate garbage space and presence of many inconsiderate fried chicken lovers, this will continue...yes, welcome to the 'hood.

One morning a few years back, I was walking out of what is now "Made with Love" with a cup of coffee and Yorkie on a leash. I had my full involvement in getting that sweet sweet caffeine, before I realized why the damn Yorkie stopped at one spot (right behind the stoop at Jersey and Christopher Columbus) for too long. He was wolfing down a piece of fried chicken/bone. I freak out, drop my cup of coffee, and while disgusted try to pry something out of this little garbage-eaters mouth. Of course he never gave it back and swallowed that whole piece (bone and all), I am amazed he didn't choke! That would have sucked, cause I don't know how to give a doggie Heimlich maneuver.

It's not just choking because dogs do not digest cooked bones well and can sometimes get blockages in their intestines.

Posted on: 2011/2/8 16:04

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

crushthedemoniac wrote:

Welcome to Jersey City

lol!

It is gross, but considering lack of adequate garbage space and presence of many inconsiderate fried chicken lovers, this will continue...yes, welcome to the 'hood.

One morning a few years back, I was walking out of what is now "Made with Love" with a cup of coffee and Yorkie on a leash. I had my full involvement in getting that sweet sweet caffeine, before I realized why the damn Yorkie stopped at one spot (right behind the stoop at Jersey and Christopher Columbus) for too long. He was wolfing down a piece of fried chicken/bone. I freak out, drop my cup of coffee, and while disgusted try to pry something out of this little garbage-eaters mouth. Of course he never gave it back and swallowed that whole piece (bone and all), I am amazed he didn't choke! That would have sucked, cause I don't know how to give a doggie Heimlich maneuver.

Posted on: 2011/2/8 15:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/12/23 15:50
From jazzy city
Group:
Registered Users
must be people from bed-stuy.

Posted on: 2011/2/8 15:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/3/15 19:57
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Ryan25 wrote:
There appears to be a chicken bone epidemic in downtown Jersey City. I've lived here 3 years now and I've lost count of how many times I've seen discarded half-eaten drumsticks on the sidewalks. For me, it's definitely a weekly sighting at the very least.

Dogs can choke, people can slip. Also, it's pretty gross. If anyone has any information on this bizarre occurrence I'd love to hear it!

Welcome to Jersey City

Posted on: 2011/2/8 14:58

half-eaten chicken bones on the sidewalks

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/6 16:57
Group:
Registered Users
There appears to be a chicken bone epidemic in downtown Jersey City. I've lived here 3 years now and I've lost count of how many times I've seen discarded half-eaten drumsticks on the sidewalks. For me, it's definitely a weekly sighting at the very least.

Dogs can choke, people can slip. Also, it's pretty gross. If anyone has any information on this bizarre occurrence I'd love to hear it!

Posted on: 2011/2/8 14:19

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017