Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
135 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 135

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Liberty State Park Events
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
Liberty House Restaurant in Jersey City featured in season premiere of 'American Idol'

Published: Wednesday, January 19, 2011, 5:30 PM Updated: Wednesday, January 19, 2011, 5:30 PM
Ashley Strain/The Jersey Journal By Ashley Strain/The Jersey Journal

The Liberty House Restaurant in Liberty State Park, Jersey City, will be featured in tonight's Season 10 premiere of Fox's "American Idol,'' beginning at 8 p.m. on Channel 5.

In September, the hit show's new judges ? Steven Tyler, Randy Jackson and Jennifer Lopez ? and host Ryan Seacrest went to the Liberty House to film the first round of tryouts for the New York and New Jersey auditions.

Fox chose Liberty House as its setting because of its impeccable interiors and unbeatable views of Manhattan, according to the "Idol" producers.

Liberty House's grand ballroom served as the setting where the judges gave their verdicts to the competitors.

"It was exciting to have America's No. 1 show film at our restaurant," said Jeanne Cretella, president of Landmark Hospitality, which owns and operates Liberty House Restaurant, Stone House at Stirling Ridge and Celebrate at Snug Harbor. "Liberty House is the perfect setting for people chasing fame with the Statue of Liberty and Lower Manhattan in the backdrop."

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... use_restaurant_in_je.html

Posted on: 2011/1/20 2:12

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/5/4 1:14
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Did these auditions take place in Liberty House Restaurant? looks like it.

Posted on: 2011/1/20 1:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
'American Idol' Kicks Off Season 10 in Jersey City

Wednesday, 29 Sep 2010, 9:45 PM EDT
By SHERRI LY/myfoxdc

JERSEY CITY, N.J. - The newest "American Idol" judges got down to business as Season 10 kicks off in Jersey City. Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler are making their judging debut. Over the past two days, more than a hundred hopefuls got a shot at their Hollywood dreams.

Two of those hopefuls made the trek from the D.C. area. Courtney Salter, a 19-year old, from the District has tried out twice before.

"The second time, I forgot the words," Salter said.

She's never made it this far, getting a chance to perform for the actual Idol judges.

"I know I just need a couple of minutes," she said.

Salter waited nervously outside the judging room, her knees shaking. Family friend, Shelvee Casey, was nervous for her too.

"Music is her life. We're really excited about this opportunity. It's going to change her world," Casey said.

It's a new season, and with Tyler and Lopez, no one knows what to expect. This year, Randy Jackson is in Simon Cowell's seat.

"No one will ever say 'Dawg, you've become Cowell. Cowell, you're the Dawg,'" said Jackson.

The rookie judges are getting into their groove.

"I've been all so far ... tough, easy and fair," said Lopez.

The biggest challenge Tyler says "a lot of tears." He's calling it "kind of hard for me but I'll get over it."

Kelly Powers came a long way from Woodbridge, Virginia, but she never thought "American Idol" was for her.

"I never wanted to do the show. I've always been so against it," she thought.

Her friends and family convinced her to give it a try. Now all the 19-year old wants is a chance at her dream.

"This is it for me. This is really what I'm meant to do. I know that with every bone in my body," she said waiting.

Her mother knew Kelly had a special gift, when she heard her sing in the backseat of the car at the age of two.

"It's very exciting. I'm really proud of her. I know she can do this. She's come a long way," said her mom, Noelle Pertee, who was waiting along with Kelly's boyfriend and her childhood choir director.

For Powers, life hasn't been easy getting here. Her father died when she was two and she's taken care of an older sister with mental illness.

"Like most of the obstacles she's been through in her life, most of us won't even go through half of the stuff she's been through," said her boyfriend Jose Paz.

Power was accepted into Berkley School of Music but couldn't afford it. She's now pinning her hopes on Idol.

Having Lopez and Tyler, two music icons, may help. Both understand what it's like to be in the contestants' shoes. They've been there and done it.

"We work with them a little bit more than maybe you've seen in the past. We give them more of a chance," said Lopez.

As for Salter, she already has more than 20,000 followers on her YouTube channel. American Idol has 20 million.

"These contestants this year, more than ever, have said they've grown up watching this show," host Ryan Seacrest observed.

The Jersey City hopefuls made it past 17,000 others from the first round. This time Courtney doesn't plan to disappoint.

"I know she's going to go to Hollywood," said her friend Casey.

"I'm more confident, more prepared than ever. I just really believe it's my time. I feel it," Salter said.

We can't reveal who made it to Hollywood. You'll have to wait and watch in January. Next up for American Idol is Milwaukee this weekend.

Posted on: 2010/9/30 5:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/7/18 2:23
From Not in JC anymore
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Xerxes wrote:
Downtown Regular,

My saying that everything is for sale in Jersey City in NO way intends to imply that everything is NOT for sale in New Jersey as well, nor for that matter in Federally run parks (just look at oil and gas.) The rape of public holdings extends far and wide, whether called "legal" or illegal, a semantic differentiation that can readily be bought and sold.

Curiously, If a group of people are machine gunned in Liberty Park, are the Jersey City cops alllowed to respond? If the old station catches fire, will JCFD respond. If one has a heart attack, does the STATE mount an emergency medical response and take you to a hospital in Trenton?

So maybe Liberty Park is not quite as independent of Jersey City as you say?

Xerxes,

When I said management, I meant the administrative end that allows private use and private concessions, not emergency response.

JCPD and USPP have concurrent jurisdiction with NJSPP. I'm sure there would be an overwhelming response rather quickly in the event of a shooting.

If there was a fire, yes JCFD would respond.

If there was a medical situation, local EMS would respond and bring you to a local hospital. And even if the state were the only agency responding, they wouldn't have to drive the person to Trenton to go to a state funded hospital.

The state has mutual aid agreements and memoranda if understanding with the above agencies.

So again, from a management point of view, JC Govt, JCPD, and JC still have nothing to do with the management of LSP. JC Govt, JCPD, and JC do not govern the day to day management of LSP.

And just what do you mean by just look at federal parks with respect to oil and gas. Of the 392 NPS units, only the following thirteen (3.3%) currently have any oil and gas production: Alibates Flint Quarries National Monument, Aztec Ruins National Monument, Big Cypress National Preserve, Big Thicket National Preserve, Big South Fork National River and Recreation Area, Cuyahoga Valley National Park, Fort Union Trading Post National Historic Site, Gauley River National Recreation Area, Lake Meredith National Recreation Area, New River Gorge National River, Obed Wild and Scenic River, Padre Island National Seashore, and Tallgrass Prairie National Preserve.

Now, providing a service through a private third party is not the rape of public holdings. In fact, utilizing a concession instead of using a government entity to provide a service has often proven to be a savings to the taxpayer.

Posted on: 2010/9/29 22:36
- Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/30 16:20
Group:
Banned
Downtown Regular,

My saying that everything is for sale in Jersey City in NO way intends to imply that everything is NOT for sale in New Jersey as well, nor for that matter in Federally run parks (just look at oil and gas.) The rape of public holdings extends far and wide, whether called "legal" or illegal, a semantic differentiation that can readily be bought and sold.

Curiously, If a group of people are machine gunned in Liberty Park, are the Jersey City cops alllowed to respond? If the old station catches fire, will JCFD respond. If one has a heart attack, does the STATE mount an emergency medical response and take you to a hospital in Trenton?

So maybe Liberty Park is not quite as independent of Jersey City as you say?

Posted on: 2010/9/29 12:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/4 21:55
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
So where is the compendium of planned and past events at LSP on the web ?

Posted on: 2010/9/29 1:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Not in JC anymore
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Xerxes wrote:
The park is used for private uses often. All one needs do is grease the right palms and the cops look the other way.

A lawsuit 2 years later might have an effect to say, "naughty naughty."

Remember, this is Jersey City and like Casablanca everything is for sale. How else could there be a private marina in a state park?

How did Healy do on his first American Idol tryout?

Xerxes,

I am sorry but you are way off on this post. JC Govt, JCPD, and JC in general have nothing to do with the management of LSP other than the fact state owned property exists within JC.

How else could there be a private marina in a state park? The same way there are private concessions and private marinas in national parks. This is nothing new and there is nothing shady or illegal about it.

Posted on: 2010/9/28 23:24
- Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Yes, the park is used for private uses often. All one needs do fill out an event application which is about 12 parts. Carry an insurance rider and if approved you can hold an event. I held an event in the train terminal in 2002. I can't recall how much the application cost but it was minimal for the space we used.

Posted on: 2010/9/28 20:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/30 16:20
Group:
Banned
The park is used for private uses often. All one needs do is grease the right palms and the cops look the other way.

A lawsuit 2 years later might have an effect to say, "naughty naughty."

Remember, this is Jersey City and like Casablanca everything is for sale. How else could there be a private marina in a state park?

How did Healy do on his first American Idol tryout?

Posted on: 2010/9/28 18:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/11/27 22:56
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2010/9/28 15:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

NolieOlie wrote:
The tent is for American Idol auditions. .

Ding...ding...ding..we have a winner.

Nolie is 100% correct. It's today and was just on the news. Fox 5 was just broadcasting LSP. Yes, I just used FOX 5 and news in the same sentence. My bad!

Posted on: 2010/9/28 12:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

NolieOlie wrote:
Why would I make that up? That's a weird question. The bartender at Liberty House told me yesterday, when I asked him if he knew what the big tent was for.

I only ask because, as the article stated, the tent was for a cancer survivors party yesterday and the NJ American Idol auditions were at the Izod Center last month.

I came off rudely though and you didn't deserve that. Sorry.

Posted on: 2010/9/27 1:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
OK, this is a NJ state park being used for private events. NJ state residents and taxpayers have a right to know on these as well as $ benefits. So where are these listed exactly past and present ?

Posted on: 2010/9/27 0:57

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/6/5 13:19
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Why would I make that up? That's a weird question. The bartender at Liberty House told me yesterday, when I asked him if he knew what the big tent was for.

Posted on: 2010/9/27 0:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Did you just make that up?

Posted on: 2010/9/27 0:35

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/6/5 13:19
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
The tent is for American Idol auditions. The park is going to be closed, I heard, while these auditions are going on. Liberty House is doing all the catering for the event, so the restaurant will be closed as well.

Posted on: 2010/9/26 23:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
The park event sounds like it wasn't open to the public.

There are two good calendars for local events though...

http://www.jerseycityindependent.com/ ... /events/index.php?com=rss

http://www.destinationjerseycity.com/event-calendar/

Posted on: 2010/9/26 22:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
It was this: http://www.northjersey.com/news/healt ... t_Liberty_State_Park.html

Like you, I am baffled at the lack of a JC event metasite.
Today was also the Liberty half-marathon..

Posted on: 2010/9/26 22:13

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/27 0:06
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks, I had tried that site earlier. no information about park events other than the Interpretive Center. It did, however provide a contact link, so we'll see...

Posted on: 2010/9/25 16:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Not in JC anymore
Group:
Registered Users
Try Liberty State Park or give them a call.

Posted on: 2010/9/25 16:18

Liberty State Park Events

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/27 0:06
Group:
Registered Users
Does anyone know of a site that lists current events at LSP? Google doesn't seem to help....There is a LARGE tent set up now in the Park..anyone know what it is for?
Thanks!

Posted on: 2010/9/25 14:01

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017