Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
100 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 100

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 6 7 8 (9) 10 11 »

Re: The Entire Board of Liberty Humane Society Just Resigned...

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/8/5 0:43
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yes, the courts ruled an owner of a site cannot be held liable and does not have to disclose a users information without a subpoena. So what's your point and what's your real agenda?

Everyone on this site has the right to express themselves in the way they feel, so I throw it out there something that I witnessed and something that I heard that may be true. And what's wrong with that? Besides things like this have been going on all the time on this site. If you don?t like it than join the ranks but that doesn?t give you the right to make a remark that I am having a bipolar moment. In all actuality you may have been referring to yourself because when I readed some of your responses to DanL. and to Councilman Fulop, you should be the last one to call someone bipolar. BTW I don?t get what your other screen name DeputyDawg is referring to maybe you could shed some more light on it for me. Although it is very interesting of course that you and your other screen names had deleted all previous posts on your profile for others viewers to see your past post history. I wonder why? My agenda here is to put a rest to the BS that is going on at the shelter and to expose those that are hiding not behind a screen name but under sheep skin that is more dangerous and damaging than I am on this site. Think of this... that I am just here talking out loud while they who are under sheep's skin are actually and physically down there doing it.

Posted on: 2010/8/1 18:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

purplepuppy wrote:
Quote:

Greenvillechick wrote:
I have been tipped off.... and sad, just sad.

http://jclist.com/modules/newbb/viewt ... php?topic_id=7764&forum=6

Yes, the courts ruled an owner of a site cannot be held liable and does not have to disclose a users information without a subpoena. So what's your point and what's your real agenda?

Posted on: 2010/8/1 17:05

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/9/9 2:33
Group:
Registered Users
Yes, purple, as I said I respect your right, but not your decision. That you comment like an outside observer when you so regularly and consistently shape events is sort of sad.

Posted on: 2010/8/1 17:00

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/8/10 19:04
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Quote:

Greenvillechick wrote:

All this does is confirm that you want to hide behind an alias.

Posted on: 2010/8/1 15:14

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Greenvillechick wrote:

Posted on: 2010/8/1 15:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/7/8 2:45
From Bergen/Laf
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2010/7/31 13:49

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Sorry, Greenville, but I respect his right to anonymity, even if I do not respect his decision to hide behind it.

Posted on: 2010/7/31 4:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
I don't know the answer to LHS's woes. The one thing I do know is r_pinkowitz's undying love for dogs and cats in need. We have had some disagreements in the past but her dedication to critters is unquestionable.

Posted on: 2010/7/31 3:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen/Laf
Group:
Registered Users
Who is it?!?!

Posted on: 2010/7/31 2:33

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Purplepuppy -

As a city employee questioning the behavior of another city employee who identifies herself by name you should have the common courtesy to identify yourself when doing so, or lacking that simply not do it.

Posted on: 2010/7/31 2:11

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/2/27 23:09
Group:
Registered Users
Here's purplepuppy and his 15 minutes of fame. http://jclist.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=16435

Posted on: 2010/7/30 22:25

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I was being sincere about you being appointed to LHS board , but apparently like everything else you took it the wrong way . That remark you made about me being bipolar was not a very nice to say ,and you do constituent services for the division. By the way it was more than 2 times that I have seen you down here in the past 15 days, not to mention those dinning meeting that you had with other board members. Do you need to know more???

Posted on: 2010/7/30 19:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen/Laf
Group:
Registered Users
If this was FB I would like this post :)

Posted on: 2010/7/30 15:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HAAMember wrote:
l.

I certainly hope my limited time here does not result in anyone seeing me as a vulture (I feel pretty confident you do not). My reason for joining recently was to share what HAA has learned and is doing in regards to LHS, nothing else. As you know I have been active on DOGJC for many years, but since they have unfathomably banned this subject from being discussed there and on CATJC, this has become the forum to do so.

Again, my apologies if my misidentifying your position provides troll fodder.

- David

HAAM/David... I'm so sorry you thought the vulture comment included you.HAA is up front and posts with full disclosure. Sadly, you have to keep posting to correct the lies and mis-conception the hater is trying to spread.. I was speaking about the people/person/tag-team that is now posting on this thread trying to stir up trouble with their silliness..

Thank goodness I woke up to bottle feed a kitten (I gave a friend the night off on fostering) and read you reply.

Posted on: 2010/7/30 6:33

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Robin -

I stand corrected. I could have sworn you were an ACO. My bad. I guess I just assumed it because of the improvement in ACO services since you started working there, and because I have heard others mistakenly refer to you as an ACO as well.

I certainly hope my limited time here does not result in anyone seeing me as a vulture (I feel pretty confident you do not). My reason for joining recently was to share what HAA has learned and is doing in regards to LHS, nothing else. As you know I have been active on DOGJC for many years, but since they have unfathomably banned this subject from being discussed there and on CATJC, this has become the forum to do so.

Again, my apologies if my misidentifying your position provides troll fodder.

- David

Posted on: 2010/7/30 4:30

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I think we are agreed on most points, just not on semantics. LHS has a contract with Jersey City to take in all of the animals picked up by Jersey City Animal Control. To that limited degree, you could say that Jersey City uses LHS as it's pound. However, as an independent NFP LHS is not a pound. It is a shelter providing services so that JC does not need to have a pound.

As far as LHS's capabilities to serve both purposes are concerned, that depends entirely on how they go about it. Given the right combination of caring and involved yet also professional staff, a significant outreach program to rescues/fosters/other shelters, and a diversified set of funders along with a professional development program that is constantly seeking out new sources of funding/endowment, anything is possible. The important part is to know that these involve taking steps that allow you to grow your capabilities at the same rate as you choose to increase the responsibility that you take on. It is a process based on a decision, and takes time and help. It is not waking up one day, deciding "now we are this", and then implementing policies as if all of the prep work has been done when it has not.

My hope is that the last several months have made this clear, and that we can now all work together to take the steps to build LHS into what it can be, instead of pretending that it already is.

Posted on: 2010/7/30 4:20

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/9/7 5:19
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HAAMember wrote:
No, Koko, they are running a shelter. The difference is simple. etc...

That is true the primary goal of an impoundment facility is to allow owners to reclaim their lost pet or if an animal is confiscated as a result of a law enforcement action, but the same holds true to LHS since they are running and operating a city animal pound, they must also abide by the law unless of course they are planning not to accept any more stray animals from the city or animals that are confiscated as a result of a law enforcement action; we both know that isn?t going to happen anytime soon.

Yes you are right, there is a difference between an animal pound and an animal shelter but it is not what you are saying because that is what LHS have been doing along for the past 6 years at the shelter. The real difference between an animal pound and an animal shelter (besides an animal shelter accepting unwanted animals surrendered by residents for humane placement) is the cost of operation. The cost of running an animal shelter for a city of this size is like the cost of running and operating Medical Center compare to a private doctor?s office cost with limited patients. An animal pound keeps the cost of operation down because it is only dealing with limited amount of animals that are being brought into the facility strictly by the city's law enforcement. The less animals you have coming into the facility the less you have to deal with such as the overhead cost, the size of the facility, overcrowding, etc. Another similar comparison to that is like a police car pound as oppose to a large size car dealer.

What you are probably getting confused about is that LHS is actually doing both operations; they are running and operating an animal pound as well as an animal shelter. There?s nothing wrong with that is just that the size of the facility can?t handle the demands nor the cost of running both operations.

Posted on: 2010/7/30 3:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HAAMember wrote:
Purplepuppy -

While being on the Board would be a conflict of interest for a Jersey City ACO, being at the shelter that the city contracts with on a regular basis is not a conflict of interest. It is called doing her job. That we have an ACO in Jersey City that is so dedicated to Animal Welfare that she does more than sit around the office and wait for calls to come in is a blessing.

Oh, and if there is some reason PurplePuppy that you are aware of that JC Animal Control would need to spy on LHS or vice-versa, please share. Theoretically there should be no reason for either to have secrets from the other.

I do want to correct the comment from HAA about me being an ACO and sadly, I?m feeding some trolls by doing so.

I am not an ACO and I do work for the Director of Health and Human Services helping with operational and constituent services for this division. I was honored Director Melendez brought me to his department to help with the initiatives that was presented to City Council last September.. Both my Director and I have a very good working relationship with the shelter staff both current and former.

I urge everyone on this thread to ignore the vultures that have joined this board just to post on this thread. You have all worked so hard for the good of the animals. Let's not lose sight of the ultimate goal.

side note
To PurplePuppy, you saw me two times in the past 15 days at the shelter and jump to some silly conclusions on why I was there...all I have to say is...SHAME ON YOU! Now, take a deep breath. All of these conspiracy theories you dream up can't be good for your blood pressure...now exhale

Posted on: 2010/7/30 3:28

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Purplepuppy -

While being on the Board would be a conflict of interest for a Jersey City ACO, being at the shelter that the city contracts with on a regular basis is not a conflict of interest. It is called doing her job. That we have an ACO in Jersey City that is so dedicated to Animal Welfare that she does more than sit around the office and wait for calls to come in is a blessing.

Oh, and if there is some reason PurplePuppy that you are aware of that JC Animal Control would need to spy on LHS or vice-versa, please share. Theoretically there should be no reason for either to have secrets from the other.

Posted on: 2010/7/30 2:39

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
No, Koko, they are running a shelter. The difference is simple.

In a shelter, the goal is to find animals homes. To that extent, outreach to Foster and Rescue Groups is conducted. Shelters, particularly those that define themselves as "Humane Societies", also work in their communities to increase awareness of proper animal treatment and often offer programs and services to the animal owner community.

In a pound, the primary goal is to allow owners whom have lost their pet to reclaim them.

Thus, in a shelter the 7 day hold period commonly ends with attempts to find the unclaimed animal a new home. Animals in need of medical treatment are routinely given such treatment. In a shelter, the goal is to rotate animals out when new animals come in. The difference between shelters that are or are not no kill are a matter of degrees of effort gone to in finding homes, providing housing for those not able to find a home, and decisions on when an Animal's life is worth preserving. In a pound, increasing space and conducting outreach are not concerns. As a result, euthanasia after seven days is more likely to be the rule than the exception at a pound.

In a Not-for-profit shelter, money can be raised to create more space, improve conditions, and hold onto animals longer. In a city pound you have what the municipality gives you, in manpower and money. Legal factors limit volunteerism, and economic downturns mean increased euthanasia.

Posted on: 2010/7/30 2:34

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/9/7 5:19
Group:
Registered Users
[quote]
HAAMember:

Fact 1 - Yes, Harry M. knows that Diana Jeffrey is back on the Board. He has in fact been working closely with her on the current issues and been very helpful. He is particularly thankful of the fact that Diana's quick thinking the night the Board resigned is what saved him from having to take it over and run it as a pound.[quote]

You are missing leading the readers in thinking and believing that if the city took over the shelter operation it would be run like a pound. Well for your information LHS was hired by the city to run and operate the city animal pound. And that?s exactly what they are doing, they are running and operating a City Animal Pound where animals are impounded by the city and held for the 7-day holding period as mandated by State and local law. One of the main reasons why animals must be held for the 7-day holding period is to give an opportunity for the animal owners to reclaim their pet and if they fail to do so within that time period than the animal could legally be put up for adoption or it could be foster out.

Posted on: 2010/7/30 2:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

purplepuppy wrote:
Quote:

r_pinkowitz wrote:
Quote:

purplepuppy wrote:
LHS should appoint r_pinkowitz as their board president. She knows what she saying, she has strong character and good leadership abilities that she will shake them up like they never been shaken before and put them into shape. Do I hear any more ayes out there for r_pinkowitz as the president of LHS board?

Sorry, purplekokopuppy. That would be a conflict since my employer has a contractual agreement with them. I'm staying just where I am. Besides, they adore me where I work and I wouldn't want to make them sad by leaving.

r_pinkowitz are you confusing me with someone else? That's really very sweet that your loved so much. But, if it would be a conflict .... why are you always at the shelter? Are you spying and reporting back to your boss or is it the other way around????

Okay, Now I get it...your having another bi-polar moment!

Posted on: 2010/7/29 23:23

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

r_pinkowitz wrote:
Quote:

purplepuppy wrote:
LHS should appoint r_pinkowitz as their board president. She knows what she saying, she has strong character and good leadership abilities that she will shake them up like they never been shaken before and put them into shape. Do I hear any more ayes out there for r_pinkowitz as the president of LHS board?

Sorry, purplekokopuppy. That would be a conflict since my employer has a contractual agreement with them. I'm staying just where I am. Besides, they adore me where I work and I wouldn't want to make them sad by leaving.

r_pinkowitz are you confusing me with someone else? That's really very sweet that your loved so much. But, if it would be a conflict .... why are you always at the shelter? Are you spying and reporting back to your boss or is it the other way around????

Posted on: 2010/7/29 21:48

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/8/10 19:04
Group:
Registered Users
one
yoyoaco "newbie"
Translation:
Afraid to stand behind his/her own words so an alias is created

two
yoyo
Nuff said.

three
"we take questions"
That many dumb people in one circle can only mean one thing: Inbreeding. Last I checked, that was illegal.

Summation?
Not only could your group not buy a clue if they won the Megamillions, your perception of reality is equivalent to someone who has been on heroin for the past 10 years.

Next?

Posted on: 2010/7/29 3:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen/Laf
Group:
Registered Users
Thank you David once again for clearing up all the questions, I for one have. Rather then a half assed post that no one can understand, I think it is important right now to address any of the concerns that the animal community has I have asked over at DogJC but was told that they will not "discuss" it on that board and I was told I should find out more over on JCList. That kind of made me shocked because DogJC is I think a community group for dog owners of JC that was created for owners to talk about concerns regarding the dog community, their dogs and just general chit-chat. I have met some great people and dogs from DogJC but still was appalled that I was told I couldnt talk about that very important dog issue in that group. I have been meaning to post on here concerning this issue and i'm glad I have.

Posted on: 2010/7/29 0:07

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Well yoyoaco - let us start with a few facts and then some questions.

Fact 1 - Yes, Harry M. knows that Diana Jeffrey is back on the Board. He has in fact been working closely with her on the current issues and been very helpful. He is particularly thankful of the fact that Diana's quick thinking the night the Board resigned is what saved him from having to take it over and run it as a pound.

Fact 2 - Niki Dawson's lawsuit is against a particular city employee, not "the city." She also spearheaded the State project to create an emergency plan for rescuing and transporting domestic animals in the event of a terrorist attack or other cataclysmic event. There is not a single animal advocate on any of the so-called "sides" of this argument who has not benefited from work she has done. If they say they haven't, they are simply lying or don't realize that what they got came from her work. That said, Niki is helping to asses the situation at LHS as a favor, and is not seeking or desirous of a position within LHS or it's Board.

Fact 3 - The same Diana Jeffrey whom you hate having around LHS co-founded it and was the attorney who worked so hard for OVER TWO YEARS to shut down the HCDSPCA and get Hector Carbajales stripped of his animal control certification. You may not agree with all they do, or how they do it, but you would be VERY hard pressed to find two people who have done more to fight for the lives and welfare of domestic animals in New Jersey than Diana and Niki.

Unfortunately, I do not know who DH is supposed to be. Perhaps if you wrote like someone with something real to say who used full names including their own, instead of a bullpenner on TMZ, that could be addressed as well. Hell without a name we don't even know if you really do clean cages and walk dogs.

Instead you ask if people want to know what is "really going on" and then pose a bunch of questions that make it clear that you don't have a clue what is going on. Yes, Melendez knows. No, he is not trying to or desiring to get rid of them. They worked together to create the place starting 12 years ago and for all that has gone on since then they all want to see it survive and thrive.

So as long as you are taking questions here are two:

1 - Who are you?

2- Are you smart enough to help the new Board save the shelter you profess to love from going bankrupt and becoming a pound, or would you prefer to spend your time attacking the people who founded it and are now working their asses off to save it?

Posted on: 2010/7/28 23:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/10/30 14:07
Group:
Registered Users
dirty scene here folks

Posted on: 2010/7/28 19:58

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/8/17 18:19
Group:
Registered Users
Oh dear readers, how little do you know. Does everyone think we just clean cages and walk dogs? Wanna know what's really going on?

Firstly, Harry M must be freaking out! DJ is back in the saddle at LHS. Does he know Nikki D is snooping around our shelter?? How humiliating. He can't seem to get rid of the pair of them. One is suing the city and the other is the lawyer!! Poor H. Also does he know that Pinky has been chi chatting with DH on a palsy walsy basis for the past year???? OY.

Stay tuned......and just so you know, we take questions from the audience, that's you guys.

Posted on: 2010/7/28 18:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

purplepuppy wrote:

Posted on: 2010/7/28 0:33

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2010/7/27 22:53

« 1 ... 6 7 8 (9) 10 11 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017