Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
123 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 123

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Man threatens teller, then robs TD Bank at 125 18th St. not far from the Holland Tunnel
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City's blue-eyed bank robber may be linked to unsuccessful Sussex heist, FBI say
Friday, July 09, 2010

By JOE MOSZCZYNSKI
THE STAR-LEDGER

A man who tried to rob a Sussex County bank last week may be connected to a bank robbery in Jersey City three days earlier, the FBI said yesterday.

The suspect, described as a white man in his mid-20s with red hair, freckles and "bright" blue eyes, tried to rob the Franklin Borough branch of the Chase bank at 3 p.m. June 28. He fled the Route 23 bank in a black car without getting any money.

The man was wearing a black cap and black long-sleeve shirt and was carrying a backpack. He has a thin build and is about 5-foot-8, authorities said.

A man fitting the same general description may be connected to a robbery on June 25 at the TD Bank on 18th Street in Jersey City, where a robber escaped with an undisclosed amount of cash, FBI Special Agent Bryan Travers said.

In both cases, the suspect handed a note to a teller saying he had a gun. No weapon was displayed either time, however, authorities said. In the Jersey City heist, which occurred at 7:20 p.m. on June 25, the suspect threatened to kill the teller, authorities said.

Travers said a reward is being offered in both cases.

"Rewards vary based on the helpfulness of the information and tipster, and the information provided must result in a conviction," he said.

Anyone who has information about the two incidents is asked to call the FBI at (973) 792-3000.

Posted on: 2010/7/9 13:19

Re: Man threatens teller, then robs TD Bank at 125 18th St. not far from the Holland Tunnel
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/27 19:59
From journal square
Group:
Registered Users
yes, if only the tellers were that responsive to actual customers. its the worst TD bank ive been to but i hope it doesnt get compromised since its the only one in JC.

Posted on: 2010/6/29 1:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/27 13:13
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users
I am surprised that a teller in that branch actually executed the robber's orders correctly.

Posted on: 2010/6/28 14:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/14 6:40
Group:
Registered Users
This is like the second time within the past year at that branch. I love their hours. I hope they don't cut them because of this.

Posted on: 2010/6/28 14:36

Man threatens teller, then robs TD Bank at 125 18th St. not far from the Holland Tunnel
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Man threatens teller, then robs Jersey City bank

Monday, June 28, 2010
By CHARLES HACK
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

A freckled-faced man robbed a Jersey City bank Friday after threatening to shoot a teller, reports said.

Jersey City police were called to the TD Bank at 125 18th St. not far from the Holland Tunnel on the report of a robbery at 7:28 p.m., reports said.

The teller told police that a young, freckled-faced man approached her window as she was preparing a bank check for another the customer.

Just as the customer stepped away to use a change machine, the suspect mumbled he wanted to "make a withdrawal," reports said.

When the teller told him she was helping another customer, he replied, "You don't understand, I'm going to blow your head off. I have a gun in my bag. Give me the money in your drawer," reports said.

The teller gave the man an undisclosed amount of money from the drawer and he left the bank, reports said.

No weapon was displayed during the incident, reports added.

Besides freckled-faced, the robber is described as thin, wearing a blue, long sleeve shirt with a NY Giants emblem on the front, a green-colored baseball cap, sunglasses propped up on his cap, and carrying a black and gray backpack, reports said.

The robbery was captured on surveillance video and reported to the FBI, reports said.

Posted on: 2010/6/28 14:04

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017