Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
150 user(s) are online (128 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 150

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Council approves bonding for moving Public Works complex off Rt 440 so land there can be redeveloped
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/28 17:36
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Xerxes wrote:
Quote:
Looks like someone taught Gaughan to use a computer....

No I don't think it would be possilbe to teach Gaughan to use a computer.
A quote illustrates Gaughan's grasp of City Economics:
"I worked hard to convince the mayor to do the revaluation," Gaughan said.
"We are only collecting 26 percent of the tax revenues that we should be collecting."

That quote from a man who is partially in charge of taxation in Jersey City. Can ANY official actually be that dim?

Off-topic, but I still can't believe Gaughan so completely misunderstands what a re-val is all about and that it does not magically make $26 into $100.

Posted on: 2010/6/28 14:59

Re: Council approves bonding for moving Public Works complex off Rt 440 so land there can be redeveloped
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/30 16:20
Group:
Banned
Quote:

No I don't think it would be possilbe to teach Gaughan to use a computer.
A quote illustrates Gaughan's grasp of City Economics:
"I worked hard to convince the mayor to do the revaluation," Gaughan said.
"We are only collecting 26 percent of the tax revenues that we should be collecting."

That quote from a man who is partially in charge of taxation in Jersey City. Can ANY official actually be that dim?

On Fulop:
Fulop may have gotten his bags of cash from Golsdman and Morgan (though how much these people were actually PAID before the Bush free-for-all years is up for grabs.) FINE, no problem with his earning money.

What that indicates is that he has no need to take bribes like other council members and mayors. He is politically and economically independent, and not dependent on black bags from mobbed up developers to buy his new car.
This is a good thing.

Oh, anyone concerned about poor black people benefiting from development on the West Side, rest assured that any development there will provide housing for as many poor blacks as does Crystal Point, Society Hill, Trump Plaza, the Portofino or the Monaco.
The poor very rarely benefit when they are bulldozered out of a neighborhood to provide "luxury" housing.
They get neither the housing NOR the jobs.

Posted on: 2010/6/28 13:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JerseyCityPower wrote:
So, please tell me how invading Iraq and killing over 1 million Iraqis served anything

Um, speaking of lies...

Posted on: 2010/6/28 12:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/5/12 21:59
From Harsuimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JerseyCityPower wrote:
So, please tell me how invading Iraq and killing over 1 million Iraqis served anything except Republi-crats plan for domination over oil and the Middle East, since even G.W. Bush admitted Iraq had NOTHING to do with 9/11.

Weapons of 'mass-destruction'?
None.

Yello-cake and C. Powell?
Lies.

N.Y. Times and Judith Miller?
Lies.

Fulop gallantly riding into the sunset to slay the evil Iraqi-Arabs?
Lies.

It time to grow up and be adults.

OMFG...Seriously?

Let's use your logic here.

Considering you probably own something made of plastic, you heat and/or cool your place of residence, you use some sort of motor vehicle at some point (be it your own car, a taxi, a moving van, etc.), you might have worn rayon or polyester, you've used Vasoline, you possibly wear eyeglasses, you've caulked your kitchen or bathroom, you put your trash out in garbage bags, or any other of countless things that I could continue to mention; you use petroleum products.

It's well known that big oil companies are liars who will do just about anything to make an extra buck (and yes I know that?s hyperbole). It's well known that the best practices aren't always used when it comes to safety on oil rigs because it just costs too damn much. It's pretty much accepted that the money we send to the Middle East for all the oil we use funds radical Islamists and terrorist activities.

You of all people are probably very aware of all this. But, you still choose to live the lifestyle many westerners have come to accept as normal (don't argue that you don't, because you aren't getting your messages on JCList via smoke signals).

So I guess that means you caused the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. I mean, if Fulop can be held accountable for policies made by our government simply because he joined the military, then I assume we can hold you accountable for the mess in the gulf. Right?

I hope you have a really good job buddy, because the cleanup is going to cost you a shitload.

Although I must agree with you that "It[?s] time to grow up and be adults." But you need to include yourself in that as well. Obviously.

Posted on: 2010/6/28 12:17

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/7/21 18:47
Group:
Banned
So, please tell me how invading Iraq and killing over 1 million Iraqis served anything except Republi-crats plan for domination over oil and the Middle East, since even G.W. Bush admitted Iraq had NOTHING to do with 9/11.

Weapons of 'mass-destruction'?
None.

Yello-cake and C. Powell?
Lies.

N.Y. Times and Judith Miller?
Lies.

Fulop gallantly riding into the sunset to slay the evil Iraqi-Arabs?
Lies.

It time to grow up and be adults.

Posted on: 2010/6/28 3:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/24 18:16
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
+1! T-Bird

Yet I doubt that JerseyCityPower will rationally read anything you said below as it doesn't fit their need to put Fulop in the same category as the others of this current Healy administration and council. His ALL CAPS shouting to provide emphasis to his pathetic statement only shows he's a troll.

Quote:

T-Bird wrote:
Quote:

JerseyCityPower wrote:
I see you can't refute, deny or prove otherwise, so, you name-call. Pathetic.

It's ALL true.

Vice-Prez of GOLDMAN SACHS ('memba them?....recent bailout!); first to be deployed to IRAQ--which had NOTHING to do with 9/11; and NOW he's a 'revolutionary'?

PHU-LEEEEZE!

also to the above poster:
YOU wrote:

"Fulop was deployed there after leaving his job"

He said many times and it's printed on his flyers and on website...HE CHOSE to leave his job to fight 'terrorism" after 9/11. HIS choice. Terrorism and Iraq are NOT synonomous with 9/11 no matter how many times the media and elected officials purposely confuse the issue.

Do you actually read (or understand) the things you rail against or do you just have a bag of cliches and buzzwords that you reach into whenever the opportunity comes up to use them? You say HE CHOSE (what's with all your caps anyway?) to fight terrorism - that still doesn't mean he requested to go to Iraq. Somehow the Bush policies are Fulop's fault?

More importantly, in this case - the vote against the bonding wasn't a vote against development. If you were at the council meeting you would have heard him explain his vote: he's all for the project. It's much-needed and the jobs created are critical. You don't need to borrow money to do the project. The ordinance had nothing to do with whether or not the development will occur, it was only on whether or not the city should borrow $67 million.

You could sell the land today to Honeywell for more than that and have all the money you need without having to borrow a nickel. Instead, the city will take the money today, misuse it and then down the road - when they finally sell the land - the proceeds will be used to plug yet another budget hole on a one-time basis. And that hole will be the result of generous patronage raises and jobs and all the other crap that the administration wastes money on.

That's what the vote was on. I know that is inconvenient for your tidy little Fulop = Goldman, Sachs = Iraq war = Evil construction.

Posted on: 2010/6/27 22:36
Resized Image
Help US Sue Spectra! Join OR Donate!

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JerseyCityPower wrote:

It's ALL true.

Vice-Prez of GOLDMAN SACHS ('memba them?....recent bailout!); first to be deployed to IRAQ--which had NOTHING to do with 9/11; and NOW he's a 'revolutionary'?

PHU-LEEEEZE!

YOU wrote:

He said many times and it's printed on his flyers and on website...HE CHOSE to leave his job to fight 'terrorism" after 9/11. HIS choice. Terrorism and Iraq are NOT synonomous with 9/11 no matter how many times the media and elected officials purposely confuse the issue.

Do you actually read (or understand) the things you rail against or do you just have a bag of cliches and buzzwords that you reach into whenever the opportunity comes up to use them? You say HE CHOSE (what's with all your caps anyway?) to fight terrorism - that still doesn't mean he requested to go to Iraq. Somehow the Bush policies are Fulop's fault?

More importantly, in this case - the vote against the bonding wasn't a vote against development. If you were at the council meeting you would have heard him explain his vote: he's all for the project. It's much-needed and the jobs created are critical. You don't need to borrow money to do the project. The ordinance had nothing to do with whether or not the development will occur, it was only on whether or not the city should borrow $67 million.

You could sell the land today to Honeywell for more than that and have all the money you need without having to borrow a nickel. Instead, the city will take the money today, misuse it and then down the road - when they finally sell the land - the proceeds will be used to plug yet another budget hole on a one-time basis. And that hole will be the result of generous patronage raises and jobs and all the other crap that the administration wastes money on.

That's what the vote was on. I know that is inconvenient for your tidy little Fulop = Goldman, Sachs = Iraq war = Evil construction.

Posted on: 2010/6/27 19:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/1 17:27
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HE CHOSE to leave his job to fight 'terrorism" after 9/11.

What did you do? besides have a good cry and call your mommy to tell her you love her.

Posted on: 2010/6/27 19:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/7/18 2:23
From Not in JC anymore
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JerseyCityPower wrote:

You disgrace and dishonor all the servicemen and women that have chosen to fight for our country and for the countless that have given and will give the ultimate sacrifice.

Many people joined the armed services after September 11, 2001 to fight terrorism. Where they are deployed is not up to them, whether they, you, or I agree with their deployment. We wouldn't have any sort of military if servicemen and women could pick and choose where they would be deployed. It is clear you don't have an understanding of how the military functions.

And whether or not you agree with the ongoing wars or our deployments, at least Mr. Fulop has served his country, which is a lot more than I can probably say for you. How have you served you country? Typing?

It's very cowardly to attack someone's service to this country. Those are quite the disparaging remarks coming from a person that has to hide anonymously on a message board with a name like JCPower and a Nazgul for an avatar. I see you are trying to overcome many shortcomings.

Posted on: 2010/6/27 19:11
- Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
nice to know all our elected officials are still scumbags, welcome to Jersey :D

Posted on: 2010/6/27 17:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

JerseyCityPower wrote:

It's ALL true.

PHU-LEEEEZE!

Posted on: 2010/6/27 15:37

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned

It's ALL true.

PHU-LEEEEZE!

YOU wrote:

Posted on: 2010/6/27 14:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/10 4:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JerseyCityPower wrote:
And where was his conscience when he (mistakenly and falsely) ran off to invade, occupy and humiliate Iraq and Iraqis--when even the UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT admits Iraq had NOTHING to do with 9/11.

Although the vast majority of people would agree that Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11 and Mr. Fulop was deployed there after leaving his job, a Marine, Soldier, Sailor or Airman has no control where they are sent after enlisting.

That being said, I agree you wholeheartedly. The Westside needs this development.

Posted on: 2010/6/27 14:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

JerseyCityPower wrote:
And where was his conscience when he (mistakenly and falsely) ran off to invade, occupy and humiliate Iraq and Iraqis--when even the UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT admits Iraq had NOTHING to do with 9/11.

THIS is from HIS website:

"Prior to serving on the City Council, Steven worked in the private sector focused on equity trading, first with Goldman Sachs and later at Sanford Bernstein. The entirety of his career has been in financial services with the exception of a period in 2002. After the tragic events of 9/11/01, he chose to leave his job at Goldman Sachs to enlist in the United States Marine Corps where he was among the first troops deployed to Iraq."

You're a first class boob.

Posted on: 2010/6/27 14:46

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
"Fulop voted his conscience and thus did not receive his bagful of cash."

Hahahah--you're funny!

Yeah, he voted AGAINST a plan to provide jobs in a mostly Black / African-American area of Jersey City.

Where was his conscience when he was working at GOLDMAN SACHS making BAGS OF CASH?

THIS is from HIS website:

"Prior to serving on the City Council, Steven worked in the private sector focused on equity trading, first with Goldman Sachs and later at Sanford Bernstein. The entirety of his career has been in financial services with the exception of a period in 2002. After the tragic events of 9/11/01, he chose to leave his job at Goldman Sachs to enlist in the United States Marine Corps where he was among the first troops deployed to Iraq."

Posted on: 2010/6/27 14:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/30 16:20
Group:
Banned
Don't worry, the REST of the council have never met a real estate deal they could resist as long as tax-money could be diverted to developers (with the council getting their customary "finder's fee.")

Borrowing to move the incinerator so the land could be GIVEN to a developer...that's what Jersey City is all alout. And then ANOTHER developer could be given another contract to RE-build the Incinerator...paging Tony Soprano.

Most of the Council are undoubtedly considerably richer than they were last month. Fulop voted his conscience and thus did not receive his bagful of cash.

Quote:
"The taxpayers will get another raw deal," resident Mia Scanga said. "Nobody is going to be able to afford to live in this city unless you have a tax abatement or Section 8 housing."

Yes indeed.

Posted on: 2010/6/27 13:58

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
"Ward E Councilman Steven Fulop voted against the ordinance..."

Isn't it ironic that the 'capitalist, GOLDMAN SACHS, former Vice-Prez, voted AGAINST this development plan (which would CREATE much needed jobs IN an area where TAX-ABATEMENTS are supposed to be used: the UNDER-developed (poor) area of the city.....Greenville!!!!

And how could Richardson ABSTAIN on such an important issue for HER community?

Fakers.

Fulop LIVES in a tax-abated building.
His district IS the upscale, tax-abated area of Jersey City...Newport; glass condos with rooftop pools and gardens, etc.

Why can't the poorer sections get building projects also?

What a double-standard!

Posted on: 2010/6/27 13:41

Council approves bonding for moving Public Works complex off Rt 440 so land there can be redeveloped
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City council approves bonding for moving Public Works complex off Route 440 so land there can be redeveloped

Friday, June 25, 2010

Jersey City's Public Works complex on Route 440 is moving.

The City Council voted 6-1-1 Wednesday night to bond for nearly $67 million to build a new 150,000-square-foot, energy-efficient complex on a 19-acre site on East Linden Avenue that would house the Municipal Utilities Authority, Jersey City Incinerator Authority, and Department of Public Works.

The move would allow for remediation of 40 chromium-contaminated acres on Route 440, which city officials say would pave the way for $5 billion in development over the next 20 to 30 years.

The land is within the Bayfront Redevelopment Area and plans call for more than 8,000 residential units and more than 1 million square feet of retail and office space. City officials said once completed, it will generate $50 million in taxes annually.

Ward E Councilman Steven Fulop voted against the ordinance, saying he supports the project but believes the city should sell the land to Honeywell, the corporation responsible for remediating the property and the owner of the adjacent parcels.

Ward F Councilwoman Viola Richardson abstained, saying she understood the need to relocate the facility but is concerned about added city debt.

Supporters, including Ward B Councilman David Donnelly, whose district includes the West Side, said the development project would generate long-term growth and ratables.

"This project is the key to unlocking economic development on the West Side," he said. "The West Side has been ignored for too long. This is our chance, this is our chance. I support this wholeheartedly."

Several construction union members told the council Wednesday the new development would mean jobs.

"We're facing a horrible outlook right now for skilled building trades," said local union member Ed Pickett. "The unemployment rate, it's actually frightening to go down to the union hall and see how long that list has become."

But some residents complained that $67 million was too much debt to take on.

"The taxpayers will get another raw deal," resident Mia Scanga said. "Nobody is going to be able to afford to live in this city unless you have a tax abatement or Section 8 housing."

MELISSA HAYES

Posted on: 2010/6/25 13:24

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017