Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
102 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 102

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Hamilton Park - Pet Free Zone Public Hearing - March 30, 6pm City Hall
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Unfortunately I had to pick my wife up from work. I would guess the weather had a lot to do with the turnout. Most of the dog owners I spoke with over the last few days were not to concerned with more "rules". Most of them will stay away except in the morning and evening hours and in the colder weather months. I guess the place is "going to the dogs".

Posted on: 2010/3/31 1:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/25 1:59
From here to eternity
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Sutherland wrote:
So after all the noise on this thread only about 11 or 12 people attended the meeting???

welcome to the nabe ...

Posted on: 2010/3/31 1:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/18 14:36
Group:
Registered Users
So after all the noise on this thread only about 11 or 12 people attended the meeting???

Posted on: 2010/3/31 1:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

jcnight wrote:
I dont get it!!! Are you actually fighting to be able to walk a dog on the grass or is the underlying reason your arguing this situation beacuse you really want to throw a ball on the grass and let your dog chase it????
If it is the later I will tell you now IT AINT GONNA HAPPEN

This is about allowing people whose dogs cannot go into dog-runs to use the park. Many people have dogs that are rescues etc and they don't do well in confined spaces with lots of other dogs. These people should still be able to walk their dogs in the park. It is their park too. BTW? A dog free park would be the stupidest idea ever. Do you really want a park where homeless people and criminals are given free reign at night? The dog walkers are the eyes and ears of the neighborhood. Anyway, you can't keep us out so might as well put it out of your mind.

So aside from ranting about the "Illuminati of Hamilton Park", what upsets you about my diagram? A person can walk their LEASHED dog anywhere in the park except inside the sports and children's areas plus 2 lawn segments. They can even walk it around on the other 2 lawn segments. How is this hardship and fascism?

I don't even get why YOU care, since you've made pretty clear you don't intend to leash your dog in the park. Why worry about breaking another law you don't believe will be enforced?

Posted on: 2010/3/30 16:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

jcnight wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

jcnight wrote:
If my choices are making that park 100% pet free or having those dogs run around and ruin the grass and the rest of the park then I hope they make that park pet free forever.
I would vote for it in a heart beat and I have 2 dogs.
Why is it so important for you to be in that park with your dogs if your NOT going to be allowed to let them run amuck.
Standing or walking on the grass with out your mutts is 100% okay.

Wouldnt you walk your dogs on the side walk anyways if you don't use the runs?

I dont get it!!! Are you actually fighting to be able to walk a dog on the grass or is the underlying reason your arguing this situation beacuse you really want to throw a ball on the grass and let your dog chase it????

This is about allowing people whose dogs cannot go into dog-runs to use the park. Many people have dogs that are rescues etc and they don't do well in confined spaces with lots of other dogs. These people should still be able to walk their dogs in the park. It is their park too. BTW? A dog free park would be the stupidest idea ever. Do you really want a park where homeless people and criminals are given free reign at night? The dog walkers are the eyes and ears of the neighborhood. Anyway, you can't keep us out so might as well put it out of your mind.

I understand and respect your statement about dogs that do not do well in confined spaces, etc..... but those dogs would be just as fine ( better beacuse less populated) to walk their dogs on the side walk.
Mind you I have one of those dogs that cannot go into a run or really play nice around other dogs so.......... I call bull shit to your statement.......... Thou I still respect it................

That is your opinion but people should have a choice to walk their dogs on grass. These people pay taxes too.

Posted on: 2010/3/30 13:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/27 11:11
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

jcnight wrote:
If my choices are making that park 100% pet free or having those dogs run around and ruin the grass and the rest of the park then I hope they make that park pet free forever.
Why is it so important for you to be in that park with your dogs if your NOT going to be allowed to let them run amuck.

I understand and respect your statement about dogs that do not do well in confined spaces, etc..... but those dogs would be just as fine ( better beacuse less populated) to walk their dogs on the side walk.
Mind you I have one of those dogs that cannot go into a run or really play nice around other dogs so.......... I call bull shit to your statement.......... Thou I still respect it................

Posted on: 2010/3/30 13:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

jcnight wrote:

Posted on: 2010/3/30 13:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:
Sutherland wrote: Again, this diagram blatantly fails to illuminate the sections of the park dedicated to dog use. So as usual you're a wing-nut who's full of crap. Quote:
brewster wrote: Quote:
Vigilante wrote: BTW? Here is a diagram of Hamilton Park. I have colorized the new areas with red that would obviously be "pet free" plus the rest of the grassy NW quadrant. Looks about right. No need for any new "proposals". The law is 50% designated pet free. Nuff said. Resized Image
Here's the reality based map of where dogs would be allowed as per the proposal I've heard, rather than V's paranoid fantasy. Leashed dogs can go anywhere green. Whether it's definitely those 2 segments I'm not certain. Photobucket
See the tennis courts? Now look just to the left of them. Voila!! Those are the 2 dog runs. Jesus Christ read the friggin' plan.

Posted on: 2010/3/30 13:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/27 11:11
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Standing or walking on the grass with out your mutts is 100% okay. What other special activities do you have planned with your dog that you neeed more of the park? Am I missing something here?

Posted on: 2010/3/30 13:23

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/29 16:00
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Sorry Viggie, but just more of the same palaver.

Whatever happened to you that you feel so victimized or dis-empowered by everyone around you? I have no skin in this game other than breathing the same air in the neighborhood. Would you begrudge that too? Perhaps.

If you want to take a stand, come out from behind the screen name; make an appearance at tonight's hearing... and if you don't like someone else's map... by all means bring your own... and please leave the conspiracy theories at home. It's rather tiring and unbecoming.

I'll live by the Judgement of Solomon, whatever that may be.

All the best

G

Posted on: 2010/3/30 12:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Again, this diagram blatantly fails to illuminate the sections of the park dedicated to dog use. So as usual you're a wing-nut who's full of crap. Quote:
brewster wrote: Quote:
Vigilante wrote: BTW? Here is a diagram of Hamilton Park. I have colorized the new areas with red that would obviously be "pet free" plus the rest of the grassy NW quadrant. Looks about right. No need for any new "proposals". The law is 50% designated pet free. Nuff said. Resized Image
Here's the reality based map of where dogs would be allowed as per the proposal I've heard, rather than V's paranoid fantasy. Leashed dogs can go anywhere green. Whether it's definitely those 2 segments I'm not certain. Photobucket

Posted on: 2010/3/30 10:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

G_Elkind wrote:
Wah, Wah, Wah... me, me, me ... my, my, my... they did it... they're doing it... is it paranoia, lead poisoning or people just off their meds or their rockers?

This thread (with some exceptions) has driven off a cliff, but was this not to be expected?

It's become a disappointing, but familiar display of personal, self-obsessed, self-absorbed, self-centered, self-serving, selfish, scare mongering vicissitudes.

Clearly, on this site, on this thread, and perhaps maybe also in Hamilton Park, civility has truly died or maybe it's been dead so long we no longer recall the time when we had it.

The City Council made the right decision years ago when it granted the DPW Director the power to exercise the Judgment of Solomon on pet free zones. Only God knows that Hell might just be a place called Hamilton Park... and Vigilante will be there at the gate to remind you.

All the best.

G

P.S. In the interest of full and candid disclosure... I don't live on the park, and I'm both canine and child neutral -- having neither, but able to appreciate the needs of both.

But you were/are an HPNA member and so, of course, you would try to deflect. As someone who has tried to steer the process your opinion can only be taken as somewhat biased. Many members of the HPNA have taken the same so-called "neutral" stance and yet have made the impact of the renovations minimal in regards to where their property lies. Mainly the area of West Hamilton and Pavonia Ave. and 8th Street between Jersey and West Hamilton. And now this eleventh hour proposal? Even this paranoid can see through this new farce.

Posted on: 2010/3/30 5:51

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/29 16:00
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Wah, Wah, Wah... me, me, me ... my, my, my... they did it... they're doing it... is it paranoia, lead poisoning or people just off their meds or their rockers?

This thread (with some exceptions) has driven off a cliff, but was this not to be expected?

It's become a disappointing, but familiar display of personal, self-obsessed, self-absorbed, self-centered, self-serving, selfish, scare mongering vicissitudes.

Clearly, on this site, on this thread, and perhaps maybe also in Hamilton Park, civility has truly died or maybe it's been dead so long we no longer recall the time when we had it.

The City Council made the right decision years ago when it granted the DPW Director the power to exercise the Judgment of Solomon on pet free zones. Only God knows that Hell might just be a place called Hamilton Park... and Vigilante will be there at the gate to remind you.

All the best.

G

P.S. In the interest of full and candid disclosure... I don't live on the park, and I'm both canine and child neutral -- having neither, but able to appreciate the needs of both.

Posted on: 2010/3/30 5:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Where did you see/hear this proposal?

It's simply the obviously dog free activity enclosures, plus 2 lawn segments.

This is just one idea of the best layout, giving a dog friendly section next to the runs, and a clear one next to the playground. Your assigning all areas anywhere near a non-dog enclosure is as forbidden is simply not accurate.

You didn't answer the question. Whose proposal did you see? The HPNA (private citizens like myself) or someone's in City Hall? Who are these people that feel they can control the final plan?

Just as I figured. A handful of connected people are still trying to control everything that happens in Hamilton Park. The person who spearheaded the renovation doesn't even live in Jersey City anymore. It is no accident that the area of the park which borders where the former and current members of the HPNA live is getting none of the "high impact" improvements. Not In MY Front Yard is their credo.

Posted on: 2010/3/30 4:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Where did you see/hear this proposal?

It's simply the obviously dog free activity enclosures, plus 2 lawn segments.

This is just one idea of the best layout, giving a dog friendly section next to the runs, and a clear one next to the playground. Your assigning all areas anywhere near a non-dog enclosure is as forbidden is simply not accurate.

Posted on: 2010/3/30 4:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Posted on: 2010/3/30 3:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

peanut wrote:
Really, you play tennis outside of the courts, i don't?

I'm just saying that if you really want people to listen, then you need to approach this from an un-bias side. I know dogs will go there an probably pee on the fence, or are you proposing that you want this to be part the dog free area? I'm OK with that, i just don't want to smell/sit in pee or poop anymore.

The map is color coded. Red is "pet free". Green is "pets allowed" with their human friends leashed. BTW? Green also means ALL living things allowed.

Posted on: 2010/3/30 2:29

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/9/5 2:58
Group:
Registered Users
Really, you play tennis outside of the courts, i don't?

I'm just saying that if you really want people to listen, then you need to approach this from an un-bias side. I know dogs will go there an probably pee on the fence, or are you proposing that you want this to be part the dog free area? I'm OK with that, i just don't want to smell/sit in pee or poop anymore.

Posted on: 2010/3/30 2:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

peanut wrote:
and the space around the outside of the tennis courts? should be green right?

Why? That's the tennis court area. Not a dog area.

Posted on: 2010/3/30 2:21

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/9/5 2:58
Group:
Registered Users
and the space around the outside of the tennis courts? should be green right?

Posted on: 2010/3/30 2:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Your diagram fails to illuminate the portion of the park that is dedicated to dogs. So 50% of the park is NOT pet free. There is a section of the half dedicated to two very large dog runs.

Posted on: 2010/3/30 2:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
BTW? Here is a diagram of Hamilton Park. I have colorized the new areas with red that would obviously be "pet free" plus the rest of the grassy NW quadrant. Looks about right. No need for any new "proposals". The law is 50% designated pet free. Nuff said.

Resized Image

Posted on: 2010/3/30 2:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Tomorrow is the council meeting. Please come out and help shoot down this travesty. Dog owners have been compromised enough on this park. There are already tons of "pet free" areas. If the city tries to take 50% of the remaining 50% of the park then they will be violating the law.

Posted on: 2010/3/30 0:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/8/16 15:40
From Village
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

robotjustin wrote:
I'd like to propose a 100% "living thing free zone." HP could be paved over, and fenced in, or maybe we could dig a hole down to the mantle and kind of peer over an' watch it roil.

Only in JC could this really happen - check out the pocket park on 1st Street near Brunswick. (And I know that's a work in progress but it does seem like it would have made more sense to leave the trees standing until they actually had the funding to move the project forward.)

So thanks for the reminder that it's very good that HP is actually still more green than not...

Posted on: 2010/3/27 20:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From here to eternity
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

robotjustin wrote:
I'd like to propose a 100% "living thing free zone." HP could be paved over, and fenced in, or maybe we could dig a hole down to the mantle and kind of peer over an' watch it roil.

this is a great idea ... i am all for it ... you know what it would do to the real estate values around the park?

the silvermans would be all about it ...

"buy your loft in beautiful hamilton square condos with a direct view of the earth mantle and soon to direct access to the core ...

"a unique opportunity to own a home with direct access to nyc and the center of the earth .... "

Posted on: 2010/3/27 14:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/7/18 18:17
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2010/3/26 22:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
If you were to look at VVP's "dog free" areas, the pathways are not included in this but there are grassy areas and the playground where dogs are excluded, and everyone has survived. There are also some ball free areas in VVP as well, and ball owners have managed to control themselves too.

Posted on: 2010/3/26 22:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From here to eternity
Group:
Registered Users
i think the park should be both kid and dog-free ... both make a lot of unnecessary noise, are obnoxious, smelly, and they bite ...

they run around without paying any attention to anybody ...

and, i have to agree ... they both pee and poop wherever they so desire ...

we need to have a dog and kid free park ...

Posted on: 2010/3/26 20:28

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/3/15 17:02
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Vigilante: Who proposed these "pet-free zones"? Half of the new Hamilton Park is already, obviously "pet-free". If they are talking about putting signs on the playground, basketball court and tennis courts then that's one thing. If not then basically someone is trying to whittle it down to 25% pet friendly versus 75% pet-free. I call bullshit on this one if that is the case. One half of One half is One quarter or 25% of the park. We already got duped on the design and now this?

Your math is a little funny here... So you don't factor the 2 dog runs into your % breakdown because you don't plan on using them? Why is the concept of a pet-free lawn so difficult for your dog obsessed brain to comprehend?

I can't wait until the off-leash tickets start being handed out. I will be sitting on the pet-free lawn... lmao!

Posted on: 2010/3/26 18:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Last I checked I own a dog.

I know what my humble opinion is and I speak to many dog owners.

So I don't think I'm out of my mind. Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

Sutherland wrote:
Once a dog is outside, it's pretty hard to stop them from peeeing or crapping on a grassy area. Even if the pet owner is vigilant about picking up after their dog, there is often residual left behind.

As a dog owner, IMHO there is no real reason why other dog owners can't keep their leashed dogs confined to the walking paths and then let them off leash in the designated dog run.

With some limited exceptions it seems most dog owners share my view on this. People want some dog free space.

If you believe that then you are out of your mind.

Posted on: 2010/3/26 18:21

« 1 (2) 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017