Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
85 user(s) are online (71 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 85

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: The Rosina - new construction luxury condo
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
I like the outside of the building - except for the frieze. why did the city allow them to skimp on the frieze which really doesn't fit well with the historical nature of the neighborhood.

Posted on: 2011/4/5 14:05

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/6/10 17:50
From Van Vorst
Group:
Registered Users
There is an emergency meeting tonight at 7pm at the Barrow Mansion to address the ongoing crime issues on Wayne St. The police captain of the East District as well as someone from councilman Fulop?s office.

Please attend as we need a good turn out to get attention from the police and politicians.

As you well know Wayne St (and Ramos Park) has not been cleaned up by the police as has Hamilton Park and Van Vorst Park over the years. Just over the last year there has been a shooting, constant deadly fights, and the usual drug dealing on Wayne St.

We all have a stake as residents and with the Rosina condos things will get better but it needs to happen NOW!!! To the person who has just bought in the Rosina... confront Pronti (the owners) with the issue. They have indicated that they may pay for security cameras in the park but that was many months ago. If they want a decent return on their investment then they should also join the effort to fix the situation!

Posted on: 2010/12/7 16:34

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/12/2 3:33
Group:
Registered Users
I meant @mickey who said he or she owns a Pronti-built home.

Posted on: 2010/11/28 0:47

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/12/2 3:33
Group:
Registered Users
Please tell me more about your experience with Pronti. Where is your building? What type is it? Thanks.

Posted on: 2010/11/28 0:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/5 14:56
From Van Vorst
Group:
Registered Users
There are 12 2 BR/2 Bath units in this building.
Each one includes an indoor parking spot.

List prices start at $549,000 and top out at $680,000.

I am not kidding.

Posted on: 2010/11/10 4:07

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/3/8 12:16
Group:
Registered Users
I have been living in that block for almost a year and i gotta say, i have noticed some very shady characters looming around the shadows late at night. These aren't people from the neighborhood. Yesterday at about 2am there was a guy sitting on my stoop as i got home, who asked for change. Never seen him before, but he seemed nervous, and was constantly looking around as he enjoyed the comfort of my stairs.
I think the presence of the Rosina will help a little bit with the added human traffic and extra light.

Posted on: 2010/11/1 4:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
With all this talk of condo quality there should be a website or thread rating the living conditions in these condo complexes.

Posted on: 2010/10/31 22:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/5 14:56
From Van Vorst
Group:
Registered Users
2 br, 2 bath. Parking included(?).
$550,000

Posted on: 2010/10/31 22:29

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/1/10 19:22
Group:
Registered Users
I am not sure if to laugh at some of the comments or be insulted. I don't know much about the Rosina, but if I were in the market I would be more concerned about the quality of the construction than the grey building across the street. I actually lived next door to the Rosina for 10 years! In all that time I can count on one hand the incidents I witnessed on this such "horrible and dangerous" block. Both times they involved people who didn't live on the block. I lived there as a single woman who often came home at the wee hours of morning and never, ever had anything happened to me. I actually liked living there because C columbus always had people walking from the PATH as well as traffic. I would have been more afraid walking by myself on the quiet side streets. We moved out a year ago once I got married and needed more room. As much as I like my apartment in the "nicer" area closer to Van Vorst park...I miss the convenience of a 3 minute walk to the PATH. Also in the year we have lived in our new place, I have witnessed a mugging and our building has been vandalized 3 times driving us to the point of installing security cameras and getting an alarm system.
Funny how I never needed that with those "creepy" guys hanging out in front of my old place. Yes, they like to look at women and yes they make the ocassional comment. I will take that over being mugged or having my place vandalized any time. And by the way...in 10 years I was never harrassed by any of those guys....I had to walk to Grove St for that.
Had the Rosina been completed when we were looking, we would have considered buying there....after a careful inspection of the quality of the construction.

As far as the buildings, yes Del Forno owns the grey building as well as the yellow building on the corner of C Columbus and Barrow. They also own the plans to the development that has been approved on that site which includes restoring those two buildings and building a 7 story building where the parking lot is now. The plans have been approved for years.

Posted on: 2010/10/26 14:56

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/10/25 20:55
Group:
Registered Users
Own a Pronti Condo. Once they are done they don't care what happens. It takes months of phone calls to get any response. Electrical, plumbing, leaking roof..so many problems I can't mention them all. They must not care about having a good reputation.

Posted on: 2010/10/25 21:00

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/8/14 18:54
Group:
Registered Users
the block is not all that bad.. I can understand if you're moving in from the suburbs but besites that basketball court on mercer, its a not a bad block. The proximity from the path, markets, bars, restaurants..it's the best place to live in downtown jc IMO.

Posted on: 2010/10/20 2:02

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/4 15:32
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JadedJC wrote:
Yes. The gray shacks are a perfect example of historic preservation run amok. Residents in the neighborhood have complained on and off for years to Del Forno (they either own or manage the building) about the people hanging out there. At its worst you had people openly getting drunk, throwing all their plastic cups and beer cans into the street, harassing women walking by and getting into the occasional fight. It's only very recently that things have quieted down a bit over there. I suspect the Rosina's developer leaned on Del Forno because they were getting ready to start showing the building. I wonder how long that will last.

Is it me or is Del Forno slumlords. I have viewed many of their properties in the downtown area and to say the least they are pathetic. The tenaments on Columbus between Barrow and Jersey were renovated about 3 years ago. I asked why there was a drop ceiling throughout the apartment and the realtor said it was for fire protection purposes. Drive by that place and you can tell they really put their money into those buildings... I know they own a few of those tenaments on Barrow also by the park.

Posted on: 2010/10/19 19:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/8 17:09
Group:
Registered Users
with mortgage rates as low as they'll likely get and income gains basically nil in the US - I find it hard to believe that any apartment in JC double in value anytime soon. furthermore there are far more problems than just that ugly building. Like to sleep with your window open - sure if you enjoy hearing drunken banter and breaking glass til 4 in the morning. Though if you need a quick meth/crack/smack fix you won't have to go far...

Posted on: 2010/10/19 12:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/27 0:25
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mfadam wrote:
is that dump on the corner really protected? That's laughable given the historic character one sees from the street. I can't imagine there's much of its original detail left anywhere.

Furthermore $450 plus a foot on that block is steep. Maybe if they tore down the section 8 pads they could get that. Anyone paying those prices doesn't know the reality of that block. Is this thing tax abated? If not I'm guessing they are no bargain either...

Yes. The gray shacks are a perfect example of historic preservation run amok. Residents in the neighborhood have complained on and off for years to Del Forno (they either own or manage the building) about the people hanging out there. At its worst you had people openly getting drunk, throwing all their plastic cups and beer cans into the street, harassing women walking by and getting into the occasional fight. It's only very recently that things have quieted down a bit over there. I suspect the Rosina's developer leaned on Del Forno because they were getting ready to start showing the building. I wonder how long that will last.

The pricing does seem steep, but the one thing the building does have going for it, aside from proximity to the train, is parking. I wonder how many street spaces are being lost to the building's garage entrance/exit. Good point about the abatement - does anyone know if these condos are abated? Abatements aren't exactly bargains, but they at least shield you from the crazy property tax increases the city has been imposing and the chaos that's likely to ensue once the reval gets underway.

Posted on: 2010/10/19 12:05

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/11/23 9:07
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Nori wrote:
the block is not bad at all...yes the blue building across the st is ugly but if that is the reason why you dont want to buy there is stupid. The entire block has been transforming even in the last few months and if I had the money I'd buy in a second. Wait until the world trade center subway hub is done, that place will double in value.

I'm not sure we're talking about the same block. Are you sure you saw this block over the summer? I can't remember a summer being as bad as this past one.

Posted on: 2010/10/19 2:58

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
the block is not bad at all...yes the blue building across the st is ugly but if that is the reason why you dont want to buy there is stupid. The entire block has been transforming even in the last few months and if I had the money I'd buy in a second. Wait until the world trade center subway hub is done, that place will double in value.

Posted on: 2010/10/19 2:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/3/15 19:57
Group:
Banned
I dont get it, people pay out the a** to live in Liberty Harbor which correct me if im wrong is right on Grand St. , near the Beer Garden and to close for comfort from the "scary" areas. Also people live in the Beacon and we all know that area. So this place which actually looks decent is bad because of that little blue shack?? Am I missing something here?

Posted on: 2010/10/19 1:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/8 17:09
Group:
Registered Users
is that dump on the corner really protected? That's laughable given the historic character one sees from the street. I can't imagine there's much of its original detail left anywhere.

Furthermore $450 plus a foot on that block is steep. Maybe if they tore down the section 8 pads they could get that. Anyone paying those prices doesn't know the reality of that block. Is this thing tax abated? If not I'm guessing they are no bargain either...

Posted on: 2010/10/19 1:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/27 0:25
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Boiled_Mussels wrote:
That ugly blue/greyish building will never be knocked down. It's on the historic registry. It's actually not bad looking if they restored it back to it's original state.

That said, I still cannot imagine anyone buying anything on that block. Yes, the location to the path is great, but that one block is really horrible. They will probably be showing the units in the dead of winter when the block is fairly quiet. Just watch out when summer rolls around.

I laugh myself silly everytime I try to picture them holding an open house on a lovely Saturday. All these eager and hopeful yuppies walking towards the building - only to come upon the guys who hang out in front of those gray shacks all day, littering and making rude remarks to women (really, where did people think these guys would hang out after the El Negro tavern closed?). And, yes, you're right, that building has the same protected status as Mount Vernon or the White House. Sure hope prospective buyers with east-facing windows push for a lower price - that view isn't going anywhere!

Posted on: 2010/10/18 21:19

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/11/23 9:07
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Nori wrote:
That block isn't that bad. It's probably the best location in the grove st path area in terms of being in the middle of everything (restaurants, bars, stores etc.).

That st will change dramatically in the next 5-10 yrs as they plan to knock down that ugly blue/greyish building across the st and build apts in that parking lot on the corner of Barrow and CC.

I think Rosina will also have a parking garage on the first fl? should be interesting

That ugly blue/greyish building will never be knocked down. It's on the historic registry. It's actually not bad looking if they restored it back to it's original state.

That said, I still cannot imagine anyone buying anything on that block. Yes, the location to the path is great, but that one block is really horrible. They will probably be showing the units in the dead of winter when the block is fairly quiet. Just watch out when summer rolls around.

Posted on: 2010/10/18 21:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/23 21:08
Group:
Registered Users
Nice condo. Was there this weekend and really was impressed with the features and finishing touches. Not sure about the previous comments about the poor construction. However, i've been by this place many times and it is indeed wood beam construction. Not sure if this makes any difference to quality or safety. Sales office was friendly and low-pressure. Would consider it if prices were a little more realistic. Prices are around 500 plus per sq foot; would consider 450 or less as this does not have a doorman nor many views.

Posted on: 2010/10/18 19:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/7 17:35
Group:
Banned
Horrible web site

Posted on: 2010/9/26 16:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/30 16:20
Group:
Banned
The floorplans are extremely appealing.

But currently living in a place wherre I can hear my neighbors chatting on the phone is scary. Some degree of soundproofing is a must.

I'm gonna stroll down and have a look.

Posted on: 2010/9/26 13:32

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/12/7 18:54
Group:
Registered Users
The pricing will be posted next week. However, feel free to call me direct at 201-736-5713 and I can answer your questions regarding the units. -nader

Posted on: 2010/9/25 21:05

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
If you are still interested in viewing the floor plans you can go to www.TheRosina.com and print out the ones relevant to the units that are now on the market.

Posted on: 2010/9/25 21:02

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I'm curious what you think of the Rosina now that it is up? Does it fit into the neighborhood as you were hoping?

Posted on: 2010/9/25 21:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Phillydelphia wrote:
I currently live in a Pronti building and I am having the same experience. My wife and I cannot wait to get out of here. It took them 3 months to fix a roof leak, and then another 2 to fix the water damage it caused inside. This is an older building that they refurbished, so it's pretty sturdy, but I can't imagine living in a building where they are responsible for the whole thing. YIKES. Also, the Pronti "management" company is a joke. We've had nothing but bad experiences.

And yeah, this has transplant NYers all over it.

Are you a transplant PA-ian, Phillydelphia?

Posted on: 2010/4/20 1:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/2/18 15:54
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Phillydelphia wrote:
I currently live in a Pronti building and I am having the same experience. My wife and I cannot wait to get out of here. It took them 3 months to fix a roof leak, and then another 2 to fix the water damage it caused inside. This is an older building that they refurbished, so it's pretty sturdy, but I can't imagine living in a building where they are responsible for the whole thing. YIKES. Also, the Pronti "management" company is a joke. We've had nothing but bad experiences.

I think it looks pretty good so far. I live down the block and have been watching the progress.

What's with the transplant NYer comment??? lots of people previously lived in NY including myself. Is this the tired old school JC vs Yuppie/Hipster/Gentrifier argument again??

Posted on: 2010/4/20 1:06

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/5/5 2:47
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2010/4/19 0:32

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
That block isn't that bad. It's probably the best location in the grove st path area in terms of being in the middle of everything (restaurants, bars, stores etc.).

That st will change dramatically in the next 5-10 yrs as they plan to knock down that ugly blue/greyish building across the st and build apts in that parking lot on the corner of Barrow and CC.

I think Rosina will also have a parking garage on the first fl? should be interesting

Posted on: 2010/3/3 14:55

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017