Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
96 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 96

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 »

Re: TAX PROTEST CONINUES MARCH10th City Hall
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/3 6:32
Group:
Registered Users
YES, YES, YES NEW PEOPLE ...Please Attend!!!!! Let's not stop now..Healy and his gang failure's have been exposed.

We got to stay in their face and let them know the residents have finally started to rise up and will continue as we are now very well aware that they have failed the residents of Jersey City.

With the warm weather approaching we can hold rallies, such as recall rallies at City Hall with food and music, give people a reason to attend.

Quote:

PBW wrote:
I was at the Hamilton Park Association Meeting last night.
Fulop was there.
He said one thing that he thinks makes a difference to the council, is seeing NEW people coming out and speaking on the issue.
This post is not to deter past speakers, but to encourage anyone who hasn't spoke at he Council meetings to come out and give your voice. It doesn't need to be a well rehearsed or long speech.
Just say your against what they're doing and sit down. Simple as that.

Posted on: 2010/3/4 19:26

Re: TAX PROTEST Feb 24th City Hall - WE'RE GONNA RUN THIS TOWN!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
It doesn't hurt to mention that you vote. Or you haven't voted in the past but you certainly will be now. Or that you voted for councilperson X in the past but will not be in the future. Votes are their currency. Reach into their pockets with the same gusto they dig into yours.

Posted on: 2010/3/4 14:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/1 17:27
Group:
Registered Users
I was at the Hamilton Park Association Meeting last night.
Fulop was there.
He said one thing that he thinks makes a difference to the council, is seeing NEW people coming out and speaking on the issue.
This post is not to deter past speakers, but to encourage anyone who hasn't spoke at he Council meetings to come out and give your voice. It doesn't need to be a well rehearsed or long speech.
Just say your against what they're doing and sit down. Simple as that.

Posted on: 2010/3/4 14:08

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/7/31 0:26
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Does anyone plan on going to the next city hall meeting and speaking their displeaure with the city council?

We do it again on Wednesday, March 10th.

We're not going away.

Sign up with the City Clerk's office to be placed on the list of public speakers for that night to speak.

Tell your neighbors about it and have them come to the meeting too.

We have to fight this.

Posted on: 2010/3/4 12:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/9/7 0:45
Group:
Registered Users
I just want Team Healy to go. It is institutional corruption and it is sickening. The council is by and large out for themselves to collect government paychecks, get the use of a car and give family members jobs. They do not care about the citizens at all.

Posted on: 2010/3/4 6:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Does anyone plan on going to the next city hall meeting and speaking their displeaure with the city council? Maybe three times is a charm and the city council will pass a budget without a tax increase or at least a considerably lower one.

I'm thinking I'd I like to point out some obvious ways for the city council to cut expenditures, even if they have been mentioned before because I don't think any of the members (except Fulop, the only one in touch with his constituents to any significant degree) ever pay any attention to this site.

Posted on: 2010/3/4 5:40

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/7/31 0:26
Group:
Registered Users
Start taking action now by:

Calling the Mayor's Action Bureau everyday!

Sign the petition!
www.gopetition.com/petitions/s ... ey-city-tax-increase.html

Tell your neighbors!

Resized Image

Posted on: 2010/3/3 5:05

HPNA Meeting March 3 2010
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/1/29 17:28
Group:
Registered Users
See:

http://jclist.com/modules/newbb/viewt ... id=235222#forumpost235222

Ward E Councilman Steven Fulop will be present to talk about the city budget.

All are welcome to attend.

Posted on: 2010/3/2 17:31

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/4/17 22:53
Group:
Registered Users
And if you want to know about how the projects rank with each other the worse one is in the back of Hoboken, and the one by the Beacon is tame by comparison to that one.

I know everyone knows about the St. Patty's parade over their but they also have a Puerto Rican Day Parade, where majority of them come from projects, or it wouldn't occur. Most people aware of them won't buy within a 2 block radius of them, and even less so within a 1 block radius of it, not next door like the Beacon in Jersey City.

Posted on: 2010/2/28 17:27

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Unlike Brooklyn and all the other 3 borough, Manhattan doesn't have an MLS and the only place in the entire country with out for that very fact alone and a few others technically speaking so everyone else is clueless about the perks.

And just in case you can't imagine it but Realtor.com doesn't carry all the properties available maybe 10-15% and doubtfully 20 and the big ones won't join an MLS or two that some have thought was a brillent idea to do on that island.

And every time you hear a complaint from any of that cities or states government make sure TRENTON HEARS because the more the more it happens the quickier they come, and in time the lower the property taxes will become, and every company that comes in those income taxes help even more making that much cheaper to have to pay. We all do realize that city hall is very deaf to those that put them in their positions. And the more pressure Trenton can do the quicker either team Healy Listens or is gone.

Posted on: 2010/2/28 15:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/20 2:33
Group:
Registered Users
??
You're dreaming, right?
Just making this stuff up.

Pasted from a Brooklyn Realtor's site;
(in response to a FAQ, "how much is a 2 family house in Park Slope?)"

"There are only a few two family houses in Park Slope (above 17th St) currently on the market, and their asking prices range from $1.3 million for a wood-frame house on Prospect Avenue, to $1.5 million or so for a nice, under 20' wide house in the north Slope, to over $3 million for an extra-wide landmarked mansion in prime center Slope.

Taxes vary depending on the lot size, square footage, and the number of times the property had changed hands -- in the above examples, taxes range from $2K to $7K to per year (and it isn't the most expensive house that has the highest tax bill). "

Posted on: 2010/2/28 15:39

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Manhattan can double all of the property taxes and still it will be half of that for Jersey City which is how low they really are, as only those that have seen them can tell you and why it is shock and awe when they see New Jerseys.

Posted on: 2010/2/28 15:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/1 17:27
Group:
Registered Users
We need a taxpayer's bill of right like Colorado Springs, although, I'd like to keep the garbage cans........

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/02/25/spellman.colorado.springs/?hpt=T2

Posted on: 2010/2/28 14:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
This show will appear on Comcast, Mondays @ 10:30 PM and Tuesdays @ 9:00 PM on Channel 51.

2010 Budget Hearing from Speak NJ on Vimeo.

Posted on: 2010/2/28 1:50

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/7/21 18:47
Group:
Banned
I surmise that what will happen will be just as what occurred in NYC:

Bloomberg wanted a (I believe) 25% or 30% property tax increase. People (rightfully so) freaked out.

Bloomberg puppets cut it to 18%.

Everyone exhales a sigh of relief that they are ONLY being ripped-off 18%.

SCAM de jour!

Posted on: 2010/2/27 2:35

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/1/20 23:56
From Bergen/Lafayette
Group:
Registered Users
It is surprising that between the online presence about the tax increase issue as well as print media, that so many remain uninformed. I do think many don't care because it is easier to ignore than to become proactive. Many times the information is being spread by word of mouth among neighbors and that will pick up momentum has time goes by. Everyone, speak up when you can and keep your neighbors informed. There was an overwhelming turnout Wednesday evening and there's no reason why attendance at council meetings won't keep increasing. This affects everyone who lives here in one way or another.

Quote:

o73o2 wrote:

Although we have sent it to the governor's office, you can still sign it. In fact, I was talking with a friend yesterday who did not even know about the pending tax increase, and for her the potential effects can be significant. The tax increases information has not been widely shared and those outside of the online communities may not have been made aware of the potentially devastating impact this unprecedented tax increase may have on the community.

Posted on: 2010/2/26 23:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/25 1:59
From here to eternity
Group:
Registered Users
The final count is closer to 2,100.

Although we have sent it to the governor's office, you can still sign it. In fact, I was talking with a friend yesterday who did not even know about the pending tax increase, and for her the potential effects can be significant. The tax increases information has not been widely shared and those outside of the online communities may not have been made aware of the potentially devastating impact this unprecedented tax increase may have on the community.

Sadly, what seems to be missing from the discussion are the collateral effects - the impact of this significant tax increase on renters and tenants. Given that Jersey City has more renters then owners, the pain will soon be shared by tenants. Not necessarily through increased rents, since the market cannot bear that, but rather that maintenance will be delayed and all repairs may not be done as quickly as tenants have become accustomed to.

You can still sign the petition and if you need paper petitions to circulate among friends, neighbors, and others, send me a message.

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/s ... ey-city-tax-increase.html

Posted on: 2010/2/26 13:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/14 6:40
Group:
Registered Users
Not many waited until the petition was presented but that was good to see. Didn't realize that stack was so big when printed.

Posted on: 2010/2/26 6:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/4/2 20:55
Group:
Registered Users
The Mt. Rushmore analogy is on target. They're right out of central casting. Deadpan "we can wait you out stares" from Brennan and Gaughan. Floods definitely out of it. Did we see her walk in or was she carried on? Not an ounce of remorse for their dastardly deeds not that it was expected.
The city's lawyer Matsikoudis pacing about and snickering at the table chewing a wad of gum. No respect there. The positive is that the momentum is with us & we will prevail. On to the barricades.

Posted on: 2010/2/26 2:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/22 3:11
Group:
Registered Users
Great video of Fulop making the rest of the Council look like corrupt fools! No wonder they don't want themselves seen on cable TV.

Posted on: 2010/2/26 1:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/19 22:46
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fedup07302 wrote:
You know an argument could be made as to why there was such a low turnout last may in the following:

1.Healy crime family again used one time gimmicks to hold down taxes.

2.Millions spent by Healy,Govt.under cover money included, made him seem unbeatable. So even the people who were against him stayed home.

3.Most important reason i think there was a low turnout was the lack of any major candidate to inspire the voter turnout needed.
Retreads of manzo,Smith made people think "whats the use".

The reason 500 people have now come-out to meetings is anger.
Unless someone can inspire them to believe they will do a more honest job then Healy,i know that is a low bar to set,then turnout will remain low.

Example: next election Pete Brennen runs against McCanns guy
Conners and sandy Cunningham runs,What the hell makes me want to get up and vote?

Bingo!

This is how they operate and more so.

When citizens request services from elected officials for the first three yrs after an election, they might as well not even bother.

It only gets the attention 6 months to a yr. before the next election.

It happened in my ward.

WARD A

Posted on: 2010/2/26 0:05
I am a rock, I am an Island... and a rock feels no pain and an island never cries...Simon & Garfunkle

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/19 0:53
Group:
Registered Users
You know an argument could be made as to why there was such a low turnout last may in the following:

1.Healy crime family again used one time gimmicks to hold down taxes.

2.Millions spent by Healy,Govt.under cover money included, made him seem unbeatable. So even the people who were against him stayed home.

3.Most important reason i think there was a low turnout was the lack of any major candidate to inspire the voter turnout needed.
Retreads of manzo,Smith made people think "whats the use".

The reason 500 people have now come-out to meetings is anger.
Unless someone can inspire them to believe they will do a more honest job then Healy,i know that is a low bar to set,then turnout will remain low.

Example: next election Pete Brennen runs against McCanns guy
Conners and sandy Cunningham runs,What the hell makes me want to get up and vote?

Posted on: 2010/2/25 23:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/4 21:55
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
It was indeed more packed than early this month, more grievances and more focused. Still, they kept voting against taxpayers. The only thing they have done so far is to sacrifice the lower ranks instead of canning/downgrading the higher ranks and reforming the entitlement structure including their own perks - Yes Mr Grego, I want my carry-over-sick-days money back. They also amazingly kept voting for bond issuance tied to third-party favors related to the election. This Healy council is more than a disgrace, it is a vampire. They are destroying the tax base and the city.

I would argue related to Andrew's comment that the reason people are not voting more here is not out of apathy but out of ignorance. This relates to a lack of information instigated at the top. It was clearly shown by their refusal to have the budget issues discussed on TV. Still, people have their own recording devices now, so they won't stop this.

Speaking of information, keep reading on school boards candidates, including ex-felons activities. It will be CRUCIAL to vote for the right ones, if not GET READY for another NASTY tax increase.

Posted on: 2010/2/25 22:55

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/21 1:20
From Lincoln Park
Group:
Registered Users
Thank you! Quote:

JerseyCityKid08 wrote:
Quote:

T-Bird wrote:
Great footage Webbie - thanks! I think the peanut butter and jelly/tuna fish sandwich lady was the underrated performance of the night.

Yess!! She was great. She was my favorite!!!

Posted on: 2010/2/25 22:24

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/4 15:32
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

T-Bird wrote:
Great footage Webbie - thanks! I think the peanut butter and jelly/tuna fish sandwich lady was the underrated performance of the night.

Yess!! She was great. She was my favorite!!!

Posted on: 2010/2/25 22:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2010/2/25 20:52

Webmaster
Webmaster

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/25 12:50
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Webmasters

Posted on: 2010/2/25 20:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ErinMaiden wrote:
went last night and was glad to see so many fired up people. now if people would just vote, maybe something could be accomplished.

i was really ticked off that my councilman couldn't bother to show for the pre show votes. i hope someone in the heights is amping up to run, b/c i have a feeling sean connors is the next shoe in, and that will be more of the same bs....

I think Sean will be different he seems more invloved with the citizens, he reaches out to them. Being a police officer has shaped his perception about the voting public. And at this point I believe the voting public will vote Sean out of office or any other newly elected official if he or she doesn't produce.

Posted on: 2010/2/25 19:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/11/18 14:49
From heights
Group:
Registered Users
went last night and was glad to see so many fired up people. now if people would just vote, maybe something could be accomplished.

i was really ticked off that my councilman couldn't bother to show for the pre show votes. i hope someone in the heights is amping up to run, b/c i have a feeling sean connors is the next shoe in, and that will be more of the same bs....

Posted on: 2010/2/25 19:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/14 6:40
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2010/2/25 18:26

(1) 2 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username: